NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Personally I hope he doesn’t delve too far down that dark path, I like Matt’s approach because he has the balls to make picks I wouldn’t. His gamble on Katoa last season was something I could never do and it actually looked like it was going to work after 4 rounds. Differing approaches make you question your own and break up the group think, and he is always a solid contributor.

Well said, couldn't agree more. Obviously razzing him. I like the different talk, just like you said about CS. And MS and MTB were talking about learning from previous foibles earlier and growing, seems like that's what matt's doing. Love it. I personally typed myself two pages of A4 of notes near the end of last in an effort to avoid repeated mistakes.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Mulvy wrote:

This is a special occasion. Matt's coming around to the cookie cutter Very Happy

Or Is the cookie cutter coming around to Mattnz?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:11 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Personally I hope he doesn’t delve too far down that dark path, I like Matt’s approach because he has the balls to make picks I wouldn’t. His gamble on Katoa last season was something I could never do and it actually looked like it was going to work after 4 rounds. Differing approaches make you question your own and break up the group think, and he is always a solid contributor.

Totally agree with this. I might not always agree with the opinion or the result, but I'm a big fan of the thinking outside the box
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Rabbit wrote:One thing I’m not McPoop, is a liar. I went out for dinner with my beautiful missus for Valentine’s Day....had the roast duck and some lovely fried rice. Didn’t see a single game of nines. Logged on here, saw some comments about Drinkwater and made my valuable contribution. Ive liked him for a few years. Now he’s cracked the HB spot, which is where he played all his juniors, he’s a lock in for great value at FB.

So, get fucked, you peanut.

If I recall correctly, Milch posted that he had him on his radar and you called him out saying he was lying. And I gotta say, he seems like a trustworthy cow. But here we are in the same situation and you are beating your chest about the integrity of your word. You got a bad case of the dish-em-outs-but-can’t-take-it-backs. It’s almost embarrassing having to tell an old timer this, but try to toughen up a bit eh.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Have to admit this year I am finding it tougher to get a squad that I am comfortable with, with this in mind I think I might just squirrel some 💰 away to fix up my f&&& ups, at the moment that’s just shy of $200K.This will all change come TLT but it’s the way I am leaning this year so far.

Thats what I normally try to do as well, finding that all my teams are right on the edge for money though. Likely that TLT throws up more rookies than expected though and some hopeful picks wont come through (Leilua, Guerra, Capewell, Koloamatangi, Hess), so may end up there anyway.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:20 pm

Old Handbrake Hess is cheap, but He really needs to be less shit this year
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

If he only knew...:
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:24 pm

I just swapped McInnes for Taumalolo...
    It just doesn't feel right, hopefully McInnes is OK for round 1
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:24 pm

mattnz wrote:

Thats what I normally try to do as well, finding that all my teams are right on the edge for money though. Likely that TLT throws up more rookies than expected though and some hopeful picks wont come through (Leilua, Guerra, Capewell, Koloamatangi, Hess), so may end up there anyway.
    Yeah rookies will turn up , I am currently running with Mann in my 17 hoping he can turn a dollar before Crossland shows up but let’s see what TLT brings.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:24 pm

Rabbit Roundup

Now, having seen a bit of the nines, here’s my observations.

1. Drinkwater is a must. I’d hoped he might slip under the radar.
    2. Brimson isn’t. He’ll average 35.
    3. Billy Walters will be a great cash cow. He’ll start off the bench, but it they don’t get Grant (which I think they still will...we’ll know by Tuesday), he’ll be playing some hooker. Benji will be making way anyway soon. He’s pretty much cooked. Mbye will not be playing hooker.
    4. McInnes will be fine for R1. Looked more like a cork to me and precautionary.
    5. Nothing else relevant. Nines mean nothing, except injuries and a look at some good kids coming through. Don’t get too excited.

Apart from the nines.
    * Merrin at lock will be good value.
    * Williams is pretty much assured the Sharks lock spot. It’s been his for 2 years, just waiting on Gallen to retire.
    * Tatola is the only Souths prop I’d be interested in. He has been playing some 2nd row at training and will get more minutes this year. Bennett likes a 50 minute/ 30 minute mix. The Knight talk is just that. He’ll be playing prop. Bennett at his best. We have a dearth of 2nd row forwards. Koala is a beast. Plus Sele just signed and he hasn’t had a real shot at an edge anywhere yet. He’ll be a good’un.
    *koro and Levi are the best value of the new club hookers. Guaranteed big minutes. Both a good price.

There you have it. Do with it as you please.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:25 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Or Is the cookie cutter coming around to Mattnz?

That was my immediate thought lol.

Actually I have a couple of key things that are guiding selections at the moment:
    1. If things go as hoped, how big could the upside be .... had expected to spend quite a bit to get sub-cost gun potential, but now finding that some selections could be mid-range cost that could deliver 50 average if things go my way.
    2. Trying to pre-empt likely changes in squads and where the biggest upside could be, especially for the rookies. Things like the suggestion of starting with Walters on the basis they realise soon enough that he is a better option than Mbye at hooker. That kind of next level thinking is where the real value in the game is found. Sometimes (real life) coaches are too stubborn and dont recognize what we often see, things like Tevaga's move to starting lock last season happened much later than it should have, and could have been huge for those that took the punt early.

There will be lots of low cost value again this season and you can't pick them all. Get them right and you can save many early trades.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:29 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

If I recall correctly, Milch posted that he had him on his radar and you called him out saying he was lying. And I gotta say, he seems like a trustworthy cow. But here we are in the same situation and you are beating your chest about the integrity of your word. You got a bad case of the dish-em-outs-but-can’t-take-it-backs. It’s almost embarrassing having to tell an old timer this, but try to toughen up a bit eh.

The day I need life advice from you, I’ll let you know. Until then kid, shut up. I’d you want some life advice, let me know. I might be able to get you half as successful as me. I’m a narcissist mate. And proud of it. A very successful one. Now you know, you can deal with it as you please. Clown.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Well said, couldn't agree more. Obviously razzing him.  I like the different talk, just like you said about CS. And MS and MTB were talking about learning from previous foibles earlier and growing, seems like that's what matt's doing. Love it. I personally typed myself two pages of A4 of notes near the end of last in an effort to avoid repeated mistakes.

My biggest mistakes last season and the one before was not pulling the trigger on key moves that others caught during the season. Pre-season picking value seems to be my strength (top 200 after 2 rounds both the last 2 seasons), but missed getting on Ponga and Teddy when they were cheap, due to it not suiting my squad positioning and having other fires to fight at the time. I try to hold off on Origin players too long as well (part of not picking them up cheap).

Learning as we go.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Fortitude wrote:Old Handbrake Hess is cheap, but He really needs to be less shit this year

But he’s a cat when it gets tough. He stormed on to the scene, but he’s one dimensional, got found out and goes hiding. Anyone can find space in nines footy. Disregard everting you saw I reckon.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 pm

Rabbit wrote:Rabbit Roundup

Now, having seen a bit of the nines, here’s my observations.

1. Drinkwater is a must. I’d hoped he might slip under the radar.
    2. Brimson isn’t. He’ll average 35.
    3. Billy Walters will be a great cash cow. He’ll start off the bench, but it they don’t get Grant (which I think they still will...we’ll know by Tuesday), he’ll be playing some hooker. Benji will be making way anyway soon. He’s pretty much cooked. Mbye will not be playing hooker.
    4. McInnes will be fine for R1. Looked more like a cork to me and precautionary.
    5. Nothing else relevant. Nines mean nothing, except injuries and a look at some good kids coming through. Don’t get too excited.

Apart from the nines.
    * Merrin at lock will be good value.
    * Williams is pretty much assured the Sharks lock spot. It’s been his for 2 years, just waiting on Gallen to retire.
    * Tatola is the only Souths prop I’d be interested in. He has been playing some 2nd row at training and will get more minutes this year. Bennett likes a 50 minute/ 30 minute mix. The Knight talk is just that. He’ll be playing prop. Bennett at his best. We have a dearth of 2nd row forwards. Koala is a beast. Plus Sele just signed and he hasn’t had a real shot at an edge anywhere yet. He’ll be a good’un.
    *koro and Levi are the best value of the new club hookers. Guaranteed big minutes. Both a good price.

There you have it. Do with it as you please.

Agree with Tatola, lots of value there. When he got more minutes last year he would have been a great pick up. Shame is, everyone dropped off him right at this point. Unlucky!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Rabbit wrote:

The day I need life advice from you, I’ll let you know. Until then kid, shut up. I’d you want some life advice, let me know. I might be able to get you half as successful as me. I’m a narcissist mate. And proud of it. A very successful one. Now you know, you can deal with it as you please. Clown.

You, a narcissist Rabbit? Shocked
    I already consider myself more successful than you. I have seen all your cards.
    Quality post above though.

How good is this, Rabs? The footy season is now officially back! cheer
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Rabbit wrote:

I’m a narcissist.

Classic Rabbit. There's probably a group meeting for those Very Happy

Seriously though, you said Williams to start, do rate him fantasy wise? Levi, big minutes yes, but you think he gets the points?

Also, Cows to win the premiership now right?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:38 pm

Rabbit wrote:

But he’s a cat when it gets tough. He stormed on to the scene, but he’s one dimensional, got found out and goes hiding. Anyone can find space in nines footy. Disregard everting you saw I reckon.

Yep, won’t be in my team until he proves me wrong. I don’t think I’ll be wrong.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:39 pm

Why are people getting so defensive because they picked a player before they were cool

Who cares nobody has gotten any points from them yet, you don't get more points for discovering a player in pre-season who ends up having high ownership by R1

Drink(some)water and calm down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:40 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

You, a narcissist Rabbit? Shocked
    I already consider myself more successful than you. I have seen all your cards.
    Quality post above though.

How good is this, Rabs? The footy season is now officially back! cheer

You’re not.

And yes, I agree. Let’s keep it to that ‘eh? You had a shot across my bow, when I’d done nothing. Someone else made a post regarding me, and you piped up.

So, we’ll call it square to this point. Just watch your P’s and Q’s and we’ll be fine.

I’m not anonymous like you. Everyone knows my name is Ron Hall and my Facebook Page is public. Go visit it. You’ll see how ludicrous your claim is.

Now, back to the football. OK?

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:12 am