NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6 - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 6

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Milchcow wrote:Are people really getting Waddell in for 2 weeks?

Do you expect him to score well from the bench when Jtrbo is back - or do you expect him to make a lot of money in 2 weeks and be a decent trade out?

He played 60+ minutes 5 times last year, and scored under 31 (his BE) 3 of those 5.

That, plus his short lived life expectancy (assuming he starts round 1) make him hard for me to pick

Agreed. And of course there is the chance that JTrbo plays round 2
    Godtrell
    Godtrell

Post by Godtrell Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:50 pm

Article on Leilua brothers at West tigers has a couple of interesting quotes:

“ Joey is training next to Luciano on the right edge at the Wests Tigers, while the pair are also living together for the time being.”

Joey's weight issues have been highlighted throughout his 11-year career, more recently last month, but Luciano is confident his older brother can get into the right shape before the season starts.

Luciano is also on the fitness train, shedding five kilos over the off-season under Head of Performance Andrew Gray.

"He has done a big job around my diet, I'm at 109 kilos which is a big step for me," Luciano said.

"That's the lightest I've been since coming into first grade so I feel more healthier and it's helping me with running technique and in motions.

"That's one thing Madge and I were talking about is if I have to play big minutes, we both want me to be able to do that."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/17/we-can-do-something-great-family-illness-driving-leiluas/

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Milchcow wrote:

It works like metres gained in fantasy

You need 10 inches to get 1 point.
    Less than that and its a big fat 0 I'm afraid

Ahh.. fiddlesticks
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:55 pm

I don’t see the point in Waddell. You’ll only have him for 2 weeks (assuming Jake returns at the projected time). Best case scenario he has 2 decent weeks and makes you ~50k. Then he’ll return to the bench where he averaged 29 and then you’ll have to burn a trade on him in a few rounds before he starts losing value. I’ll pass

Keppie looks the more appealing option. One to consider if he gets a start
    Individual
    Individual

Post by Individual Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:07 pm

Friend
    Haas tapau
    Lolo Hess stimson
    Cleary drinkwater
    Lomax 228k
    Paps brimsom isaako

Koro  bbrailey Luia magolius

Musgrove 3x228k

8k itb :Yikes:

Haaslolopau team

Last edited by Individual on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:07 pm

Chewie wrote:I just swapped McInnes for Taumalolo...
    It just doesn't feel right, hopefully McInnes is OK for round 1
    As a Tigers fan I hope he isn’t.
    castlecrag sweethearts
    castlecrag sweethearts

Post by castlecrag sweethearts Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah but how many minutes did he play?

The real answer everyone is hanging out for his how much did he earn per minute!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Godtrell wrote:Article on Leilua brothers at West tigers has a couple of interesting quotes:

“ Joey is training next to Luciano on the right edge at the Wests Tigers, while the pair are also living together for the time being.”

Joey's weight issues have been highlighted throughout his 11-year career, more recently last month, but Luciano is confident his older brother can get into the right shape before the season starts.

Luciano is also on the fitness train, shedding five kilos over the off-season under Head of Performance Andrew Gray.

"He has done a big job around my diet, I'm at 109 kilos which is a big step for me," Luciano said.

"That's the lightest I've been since coming into first grade so I feel more healthier and it's helping me with running technique and in motions.

"That's one thing Madge and I were talking about is if I have to play big minutes, we both want me to be able to do that."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/17/we-can-do-something-great-family-illness-driving-leiluas/

With the Leilua bros on the right edge it becomes a very dangerous attacking combo. This could affect Brooks/Garner combo meaning they were the go-to edge & now they might see less ball on attack therefore denting their fantasy points.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:20 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Ahh.. fiddlesticks

That's what she said.

Badum1
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Coen Hess is a cat still living off that purple patch a couple years ago. Him finding gaps to run and score in 9s is hardly convincing enough to pick him for me. Unless he impresses in trials I think people are way too eager in pulling the trigger on him
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:30 pm

Godtrell wrote:Article on Leilua brothers at West tigers has a couple of interesting quotes:

And Lucy is back in my team again

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:33 pm

Adrianoooo wrote:Coen Hess is a cat still living off that purple patch a couple years ago. Him finding gaps to run and score in 9s is hardly convincing enough to pick him for me. Unless he impresses in trials I think people are way too eager in pulling the trigger on him

I think he’s cheap enough to take the risk. He’s priced at under 30 points. I think it’ll be hard for him to not score better than that providing he’s starting second rower

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:38 pm

White Lightning wrote:

With the Leilua bros on the right edge it becomes a very dangerous attacking combo. This could affect Brooks/Garner combo meaning they were the go-to edge & now they might see less ball on attack therefore denting their fantasy points.

Nofo will be getting plenty of opportunities for pies this season
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:42 pm

If you didn’t have Taupau in your team with AFB/JTrbo in doubt, I dunno how Paseka out as well changes everything.

I had Paseka on my watchlist, thought he might start R1 for AFB and crab his way to 43 in 37 minutes for a couple of weeks. Not sure Keppie - a guy who played last year because literally every other option was injured, except maybe T-Rex - is one to watch that closely.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:43 pm

WT2K wrote:

Nofo will be getting plenty of opportunities for pies this season

This makes me want to keep Nofo but now I'm questioning Garner. Could swap him for Lucy and save a ton of cash.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:54 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I think he’s cheap enough to take the risk. He’s priced at under 30 points. I think it’ll be hard for him to not score better than that providing he’s starting second rower
    Mate he’s actually priced at 32 like Williams is.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:56 pm

wolfking wrote:

This makes me want to keep Nofo but now I'm questioning Garner.  Could swap him for Lucy and save a ton of cash.
    Mate if the Tigers go with a utility at 14 too and if Lucy is starting in the back row that can only be a good thing for Lucy. Would look like really good value there.

It’s make me wonder if Chee Kam is on the bench does Garner then move to lock allowing Chee Kam to slot into the back row when he comes on?
    Dolamite
    Dolamite

Post by Dolamite Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 pm

What’s the go with Magoulias? Heard he was going to be the Gallen replacement, is that still the plan?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 pm

robelgordo wrote:If you didn’t have Taupau in your team with AFB/JTrbo in doubt, I dunno how Paseka out as well changes everything.

I had Paseka on my watchlist, thought he might start R1 for AFB and crab his way to 43 in 37 minutes for a couple of weeks. Not sure Keppie - a guy who played last year because literally every other option was injured, except maybe T-Rex - is one to watch that closely.

Well with more forwards out Des will have no option left but to play Kapow for 80 mins and possibly have him has the sole forward. Otherwise known as the "spear" strategy.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:59 pm

Rabbit wrote:

Driving range. 12 x 12 shed. 8 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, massive acreage, retired. Have been for 10 years. Before I was 50. Just do bath restorations because no one in QLD knows how to do them. I charge $2,500 for 9 -10 hours work. I’m lucky to work 3 hours every 3 days 😂 I’ve already sold one business, Action Resurfacing, which I started up and has been running for 20 years. I can sell this one tomorrow for half a million, but I don’t want to yet. I need to do something apart from golf, fishing and annoying no-hoper plebs like you, who base their life on ‘fantasy.

Sit down kid.
    Why would anyone seriously want an 8 bedroom house and a 25m pool? Why do people brag about being so awesome? I think you forgot to mention you’re also an incredible wanker! Regardless spruiking how great you are shouldn’t be on this thread. It really pisses us plebs off who work full time for $50 per hour! Sorry, but did I mention what a wanker you are!

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:04 pm