NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4

Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4 - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2020 Part 4

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:37 pm

wolfking wrote:In Haas we trust!

It’s actually a huge weight off to finally make up my mind about it, because the teams I was creating were so radically different with all the extra cash to spread around. Now I find I am just fine tuning the little fiddly decisions like Merrin v Fotu rather than constantly juggling a group of 10 players through 3-4 positions.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:52 pm

Tried a double gun half strategy. Too hard.

Koro
    Haas Mikaele
    Matterson Hess Williams
    Moses Reynolds
    Lomax Talau
    Pappy Isaako Brimson

Brailey Lowe Stimson Grant

Laui Best Musgrove Mago

10K left over.

Kind of looks okay if the Grant move were to happen and Mikaele starts. Williams can be downgraded to Sua if he does start but I like Williams if he gets the lock role.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:52 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

It’s actually a huge weight off to finally make up my mind about it, because the teams I was creating were so radically different with all the extra cash to spread around. Now I find I am just fine tuning the little fiddly decisions like Merrin v Fotu rather than constantly juggling a group of 10 players through 3-4 positions.

Yeah my team is pretty set, except for my 2nd FRF, my whole 2nd row, my 2nd CTR, and my EMG bench

McInnes
    Haas, TBC
    TBC, TBC, TBC
    Moses, Mann
    Lomax, TBC
    Papenhuyzen, Isaako, Brimson

Friend, Koroisau, BBrailey, Grant
    Luai, TBC, TBC, TBC
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:02 pm

Chewie wrote:

Yeah my team is pretty set, except for my 2nd FRF, my whole 2nd row, my 2nd CTR, and my EMG bench

McInnes
    Haas, TBC
    TBC, TBC, TBC
    Moses, Mann
    Lomax, TBC
    Papenhuyzen, Isaako, Brimson

Friend, Koroisau, BBrailey, Grant
    Luai, TBC, TBC, TBC

I have all of these players but McInnes and Mann, but I suppose the rest is pretty cookie cutter
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:25 pm

Hey, how do I find some serious leagues on this site?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:30 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I have all of these players but McInnes and Mann, but I suppose the rest is pretty cookie cutter

Yeah, it's pretty cookie cutter.
    Mann is slightly ahead of Luai in my team's pecking order, but if a good WFB option comes along I may move Brimson up in the halves.
    I'll probably end up with some Rabittohs 2nd rowers, and likely a forward from the Cowboys.
    I'm not convinced about Best's fantasy prospects, I'm happy to drop him for a more promising CTR
    I'd like to have DFifita in the team, but can't jusitfy the changes I need to make to fit him in.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:42 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:Hey, how do I find some serious leagues on this site?

Some guys on here post up their leagues from tine to time. Others do invitational leagues. Then we have our official league here.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1135-2020-nrl-fantasy-leagues-registration-thread

Which gets you in our overall group, seeded into our official leagues and into our eliminator. We will also have a cashcomp this year.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:42 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:Fanatics 4th Annual meet up all.  If you are umming and ahhing about meeting internet strangers I can confirm that to the best of our knowledge we believe not even one Fanatics member has ever been bound and gagged and subsequently disappeared at one of our events yet.  

The kick on is an entirely different matter though... Very Happy

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1129-4th-annual-nrlff-meetup-magic-weekend
    Some have woken up missing a kidney or some other bodily part however ....

You should head up Ratnick Very Happy
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Hey lads, hope 2020 is treating everyone well
    the cricket is done and dusted so it's time to start tinkering Laughing
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:Fanatics 4th Annual meet up all.  If you are umming and ahhing about meeting internet strangers I can confirm that to the best of our knowledge we believe not even one Fanatics member has ever been bound and gagged and subsequently disappeared at one of our events yet.  

The kick on is an entirely different matter though... Very Happy

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t1129-4th-annual-nrlff-meetup-magic-weekend

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:
    Some have woken up missing a kidney or some other bodily part however ....

I've still got all my original body parts, but last meetup I woke up with a trade missing. I suspect Verbal

I may have been eyeing off your Rump just quietly... Very Happy
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 am

Bethany_B wrote:For that 2nd gun FRF slot, who do you guys rate out of the following?

Taupau
    A Fifita
    JFH
    Klemmer
    Papalii
    AFB
    Lodge

I would actually pick AFB out of those if he starts the season. Pap & Klemmer ranked down because of origin. Klemmer further downgraded because I doubt he'll be flogged by Newcastle as much as last year. Fifita downgraded because of lack of ligaments, otherwise he'd be #1. 

1. AFB
    2. Taupau
    3. JFH
    4. Fifita
    5. Papalii
    6. Klemmer
    7. Lodge
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:08 am

Good morning all and happy 2020. Laughing Laughing
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:44 am

Loomer wrote:Really sad news in Fantasy community. Stats guru, Prospectus author, and all round nice guy Steve Nicholls has passed away. His insights got me into Fantasy NRL and used to chat on Messenger. RIP #fuckcancer

OMG, I just emailed him on Friday. I thought it was odd he hadnt replied - anything fantasy related, Steve pretty much dropped everything Smile

He and I started meeting for coffee and fantasy chats last year, I dont know him well but we had a joint team together in Super Coach. He and I both work at Otago University.

He was the most committed person to NRL fantasy I've met (fantasy sports in general to be honest). The year before last he won the Manly comp, a massive Manly supporter, he got to go to a game with a back stage pass, meet players etc. Im stoked for him he got to do that!

He was a great dude and had a fantastic attitude to the health struggles he was going through. He had a wife and kids, it's devastating....

@Loomer, where did you find out mate - I'd like to attend his funeral.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:52 am

This from Facebook:

"It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that yesterday, we lost an absolute legend in the Renegades community.
    Steve Nicholls, former chief writer, crazy stats man and the entire brain behind the prospectus, lost his long battle with bowel cancer.
    He died peacefully at home, surrounded by his loved ones. He is survived by his wife Amanda, daughters Sophie and Olivia and other family members.
    Steve was a member of Renegades for longer than I can remember.
    He was always coming up with new ways to analyse stats and I have no doubt, helped more than half of us over the years.
    When he stepped back from writing for our website we were happy to see that he was spending more time with his family but always hoped that he would kick the C to the kurb and come back more enthused than ever. Unfortunately this is not the case.
    For those that knew him, knew of him, or just enjoyed his content, he will be massively missed.
    RIP Steve. Ya bloody champion."
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Good morning all and happy 2020. Laughing Laughing

Welcome back LB!
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:03 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

OMG, I just emailed him on Friday. I thought it was odd he hadnt replied - anything fantasy related, Steve pretty much dropped everything Smile

He and I started meeting for coffee and fantasy chats last year, I dont know him well but we had a joint team together in Super Coach. He and I both work at Otago University.

He was the most committed person to NRL fantasy I've met (fantasy sports in general to be honest). The year before last he won the Manly comp, a massive Manly supporter, he got to go to a game with a back stage pass, meet players etc. Im stoked for him he got to do that!

He was a great dude and had a fantastic attitude to the health struggles he was going through. He had a wife and kids, it's devastating....

@Loomer, where did you find out mate - I'd like to attend his funeral.

RiP Steve amd thoughts with his family. His prospectus was an incredible resource amd commitment to this community, and that and his articles were done with the mix of obsession, humour, expertise, good-natureness and nerdiness that should define this hobby. More important than that, it also sounds like he was a top bloke.
    Adrianoooo
    Adrianoooo

Post by Adrianoooo Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:27 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Cookie Cutter team is always the best way to start. No point risking it with super daring picks then falling behind early
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:07 am

RIP Steve Nicholls, terrible news, a true lord of NRL fantasy. Fuck Cancer
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:09 am

Adrianoooo wrote:

Cookie Cutter team is always the best way to start. No point risking it with super daring picks then falling behind early

Yeah cookie cutter teams and groupthink occur because astute fantasy minds all equally recognise the value of a good pick. I like to separate myself from the pack with meticulous roster management throughout the season, whilst the chaff slowly falls behind by picking up failed PODs under the pressure of getting ahead Razz
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:14 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Yeah cookie cutter teams and groupthink occur because astute fantasy minds all equally recognise the value of a good pick. I like to separate myself from the pack with meticulous roster management throughout the season, whilst the chaff slowly falls behind by picking up failed PODs under the pressure of getting ahead Razz

Most will have a core that's very similar to Chewie, that can't be avoided. I have Cleary instead of Moses and I don't have McInnes (even though from the very beginning I wanted him as one of my first picked), or Mann (still tempted though)..

You can't really argue with any of the selections, I don't feel like group think comes into those choices, they are just obviously strong selections.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 am