NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll.

Poll

Should we trade DCE in this week and if so who should we trade out?

[ 1 ]
    Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_left2%Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 18 ]
    Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_left38%Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_right [38%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_left13%Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_left2%Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 14 ]
    Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_left30%Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_right [30%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_left15%Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Bar_right [15%] 

Total Votes: 47
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Empty Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll.

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Hey guys, DCE is the clear winner in the previous poll to find the preferred half for our team, so, now we need to vote on:

(1) trade or no trade (i.e. DCE in or not?)

(2) who to trade out (Brooks or Staggs?)

If we vote to trade there are implications for our last remaining trade and our 17th man / loop options.

A Staggs to DCE trade would leave $13k in the bank, SST as 17th man (based on averages) and Brooks and Burns as potential loop options. The $13k would mean we could not upgrade to arguably the obvious target of JTrbo and therefore effectively means that trade would be held for injury.

A Brooks to DCE trade would leave $189k in the bank, SST as 17th man (based on averages) and Staggs and Burns as potential loop options. The $189k would mean we could upgrade SST to JTrbo anytime, or hold the trade for injury cover with more flexibility on how it could be used.

The team as it stands is below:

Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Screen25
    code delta
    code delta

Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Empty Re: Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll.

Post by code delta Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Brookes hasn't been doing much lately so I don't think we loose much by looping Staggs and Burns over him. The extra cash ITB from trading Brookes out over Staggs might be really important
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll. Empty Re: Trade for this week? Please vote once for each poll.

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:41 am

code delta wrote:Brookes hasn't been doing much lately so I don't think we loose much by looping Staggs and Burns over him. The extra cash ITB from trading Brookes out over Staggs might be really important

100% agree mate.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:56 am

Wth Brooks - DCE in the lead, are we going to have a poll about SST - JTrbo this week?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 am

Milchy wrote:Wth Brooks - DCE in the lead, are we going to have a poll about SST - JTrbo this week?

Yeah, although I hadnt figured out the best way to do that....

Do we need to vote on who the current upgrade target would be first? or is it obviously JTrbo?

Do we need to vote on who the out is? or is it obviously SST?

If the above doesnt require a vote, then . the thing that does is the when....

What do you think mate?

Potentially a poll to say do we trade this week or not?

Yes
    No

and if not, how long would you want to hold the trade for injury cover?

1 weeks
    2 weeks
    3 weeks
    and so on?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am

BTW we'd have a pretty sweet team with JTrbo in there

Cook
    Haas Fifita
    Lolo JTrbo Murray
    DCE SJ
    Bateman Nikora
    Teddy, RTS, Ponga

CS9 CM9 Taupua AFB

Burns Staggs Brittain Walters
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:23 am

I was advocating for ASAP, but seeing Roosters bench this week I don't think it's as urgent.

Staggs against Titans, so maybe can replicate what he did last week.. If not we can take Burns and SST with Fifita out.

Could be getting itchy to trade SST to Jake next week, but any injuries this week and plans might change. See how Roosters bench plays out though I guess and SST's minutes.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:31 am

What's our goal? If we want to get as high as possible use the trades and hope for the best. Personally I'm more interested in beating the celeb teams so don't want to be in a position where we get caught out with a couple of guns going down and no trades to get rid of them.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:39 am

Krump wrote:What's our goal? If we want to get as high as possible use the trades and hope for the best. Personally I'm more interested in beating the celeb teams so don't want to be in a position where we get caught out with a couple of guns going down and no trades to get rid of them.

I think that's the million dollar question!! There has been discussion on that over the course of the season, but no consensus.

My personal stance is that you save trades for a reason and typically it is for injury cover. Therefore I wouldnt be using the trade yet (with 7 rounds to go).

I think we should to take a balanced approach, and hold off on using it for a couple rounds at least, and then pull the trigger, and taking a risk, with a handful of matches to go. Perhaps 3 4 or 5....

Easy way to do it is to put it to the vote though!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:50 am

SST to JTurbo is the obvious, but we can poll other options. 

If we trade SST out we need a 2RF in as otherwise we are short on depth there. 

We aren't in a position to win overall, so I think the main goal should be to keep our lead in the celebrity league. 

I agree on holding for this week, but we need to keep an eye on SST's scores/minutes. If he starts dropping with the Roosters at full strength for the run in we may need to move early on the final trade
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 am

Looks like general consensus is to hold for this week, re-evaluate next.

I don't think it's possible to double loop unless I'm missing something fancy? Fifita and Brittain locking in early seems to restrict it.

The one that stands out to me is play SST, get a free look at Burns, or loop Staggs in via Walters.

Play Burns and get a free look at Staggs or switch SST in the other alternative, but I'm more confident in SST otherwise would probably just trade him.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:03 pm

OK lets poll on the JTrbo thing after this week...

In terms of looping, we only have 18 active players, so I dont think we have a heap of options.

Right now I have it set up so that we can loop Burns and Staggs.

Various alternatives exist though including Staggs and SST.

I think I favour the later cause you get a good back up in SST but get to see if Staggs can go big vs the Titans.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:20 pm

I'm not too confident in Staggs. Averaging just under 33 from 11 at CTR.

He scored 38 with a try vs. Titans in Rd 13, which is his 3rd highest score.

He's picked up goalkicking recently, but still scored in the 20s previous 3 games with goals and a try.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:05 pm

WT Winfield wrote:I'm not too confident in Staggs. Averaging just under 33 from 11 at CTR.

He scored 38 with a try vs. Titans in Rd 13, which is his 3rd highest score.

He's picked up goal-kicking recently, but still scored in the 20s previous 3 games with goals and a try.

Nah Im not too confident in him either but its the risk reward factor of being able to get a free look at back that appeals... Especially with a good option in SST as back up.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:15 pm

Brooks to DCE.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:04 pm