NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year

Poll

What trades are we making this week? (34 Remaining / 55k ITB)

[ 3 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left3%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left1%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 19 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left17%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 18 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left16%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [16%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left2%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left12%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [12%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left0%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left10%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left0%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left2%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [2%] 
    [ 18 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left16%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [16%] 
    [ 17 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left15%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [15%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left1%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [1%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 5 ]
    Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_left4%Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Bar_right [4%] 

Total Votes: 111
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Empty Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue 19 Mar 2019, 9:12 pm

Hey guys,

How to Vote:

Basically tell me what trades you would make this week for the team.

1. Tell me how many trades yuou would make (0, 1 or 2)
    2. If you picked 0 trades stop there.
    3. If you picked 1 trade tell me who to drop and who you'd add
    4. If you picked 2 trades pick the two you would drop and two you would add.
    Final Note: Please make sure your trades make sense. I.e. don't pick one trade, Drop Sivo and Add Bateman (we don't have the cash for that)

Basically there are too many combinations to list them all individually and from this I should get a good idea of where the communities head is at. If it's not clear I'll run a quickfire poll with 2-3 select options on Thursday.

Situation we have is 55k cash ITB and a team as follows:

Macca
    Fifita, Tolman
    Murray, Lane, Arrow
    Morgan, Keighran
    Nikora, Capewell
    Sivo, Edwards, CNK

Taupau, Mahoney, Holland, Garner
    Burr, Brown, Garrick, Ravalawa

No-one really disappointed barring:
    - Sivo and Garrick.

If we want anyone above 267k we listed potential cut targets as:

- Holland
    - Lane
    - Edwards
    - Arrow
    - Taupau

The majority of trade ins suggested have been

- Sele
    - Host
    - Bird
    - Lawrie
    - Burns
    - Bateman

When you vote feel free to put your logic in here. Might sway more people to your way of thinking.

Personally a few of my favourite ideas are:

2 trades:

@rhinoceroo
    Holland -> Burns
    and
    Garrick -> Lawrie

*logic being that Lawrie will generate more cash than Garrick and be playable in 17. Capewell moves to centre meaning Burns can be a safer scorer at wing than Sivo/Rava. I also think Holland is overrated on here. A centre on a wooden spoon team is scoring under 30 more often than not, goalkicks or not.

@Shanbon

Tapau -> Bateman
    and
    Holland -> Host (Lawrie if you like him more)

Will score at least the same amount but while the ceiling isn’t as high the floor is a lot higher. Also saves a heap of cash (444k) for the following week if a few cows are still underperforming.

@Rippin and Tearin

Holland -> Host/Lawrie
    Edwards -> Gillet

Would play Ravalawa in the empty WFB spot. That would leave 190k ITB. Then next week I would then move Lane to Bateman (should be ~$40k) and use the remaining $ to grab the best cow we've missed next week, turning Garrick/Sivo/Burr into someone like Burns who could din turn bump out Sivo from the WFBs

code delta
    code delta

Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Empty Re: Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year

Post by code delta Tue 19 Mar 2019, 10:34 pm

sele was bought into the starting team from the bench last week. Played at PPM until injured. Now named in the starting team at $225K. Surely worth a punt.
    You are not allowed to bring him into your real fantasy team though. Very Happy
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year Empty Re: Week 2 - First Trade Poll of the Year

Post by Chewie Tue 19 Mar 2019, 11:09 pm

I'm with @rhinoceroo
    Holland -> Burns
    and
    Garrick -> Lawrie

We need better WFB cover, and add a cashie to the mix (with Lawrie being the better value for money)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 20 Mar 2019, 12:19 am

I've gone a slight variation and want to dump Edwards over Holland

Just think Holland has more long term money making potential.
    Mac Attack

Post by Mac Attack Wed 20 Mar 2019, 5:42 am

Milchy wrote:

Im with Milchy. My votes are:

Garrick and Edwards OUT

Lawrie and Burns IN
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed 20 Mar 2019, 6:55 am

I voted for Host/Bateman, but only cause Gillett is not on the list. Gillett's price rise will be more than Bateman based on averages, hence why I would grab him the following week. Guess that's out of the question now though...

Also, I'd urge us to think through the balance of money making vs points on the board. Im 100% on board with making money, but to me the Edwards/Garrick to Burns/Lawrie trade if anything might reduce our expected scoring for the week. That's my rationale for getting in a big scorer for each of the next two weeks, along side a guy who should make coin (best of both worlds).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 20 Mar 2019, 7:30 am

I am not sure Gillett is a must have.

His scores are unlikely to remain so high once everyone is back and fit for Brisbane, so I am not sure his long term cash making ability is as good as others, and I am not sure he is a keeper (unlike bateman) so would require tradeout later.
    Bateman's elgibility at CTR makes up for a slight drop in cash to Gillett. There are several 2RF who will score more than Gillett. i am not sure there are any CTR who will score more than Bateman
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed 20 Mar 2019, 7:36 am

I went Garrick and Edwards out Lawrie and Burns in. I think it's far too soon to make the call to dump one of the mid range forwards and If we need cash I think Holland makes more than Edwards.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed 20 Mar 2019, 7:58 am

At least a consensus seems to be emerging Wink

Agree Milch re your points on Bateman vs Gillett in the last line of your post, although they don't preclude Gillett from being 10 points undervalued (perhaps more if he continues to start at lock) and therefore I still view him as one of the best value guys around in the forwards that we dont already own. Although that's clearly where we disagree and a number of others agree with you too so I appreciate that.

The key to Gillett, IMO, could be that he continues to hit around 55-60 starting at lock for the first 3 weeks or so, and then while he may eventually drop down to 50 long term as an edge forward he will have made enough money by round 5 or so to help us transition. In the mean time he then also doubles as a great way to put points on the board at a discount.

That's my rationale anyway.

pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:06 am

Holland > Host
    Garrick > Lawrie

Just want to generate cash at this point as quickly as possible, so we can move to the next cow. Holland may take more time than the others and I consider Edwards a keeper for now.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Wed 20 Mar 2019, 10:58 am

Bateman really impressed me, as did Burns.

Pretty controversial picks, but I say Holland to Bateman and Edwards to Burns. Both additions play rd 12 also

Post by Guest Wed 20 Mar 2019, 11:18 am

Interesting that Edwards is emerging as a likely trade out target. Not much talk of this in the main topic.

I'm voting zero trades but accept that two trades will win the vote and we'll be ditching a mid-pricer.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed 20 Mar 2019, 11:25 am

Verbal Kint wrote:Interesting that Edwards is emerging as a likely trade out target. Not much talk of this in the main topic.

I'm voting zero trades but accept that two trades will win the vote and we'll be ditching a mid-pricer.
    I wouldn't have voted edwards out except that were obviously making two trades and I really don't want to see Holland dumped. Burns looks like the real deal and we missed him so it provides some bank.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed 20 Mar 2019, 2:39 pm

Milchy wrote:

+1
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed 20 Mar 2019, 2:45 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:At least a consensus seems to be emerging Wink

Agree Milch re your points on Bateman vs Gillett in the last line of your post, although they don't preclude Gillett from being 10 points undervalued (perhaps more if he continues to start at lock) and therefore I still view him as one of the best value guys around in the forwards that we dont already own. Although that's clearly where we disagree and a number of others agree with you too so I appreciate that.

The key to Gillett, IMO, could be that he continues to hit around 55-60 starting at lock for the first 3 weeks or so, and then while he may eventually drop down to 50 long term as an edge forward he will have made enough money by round 5 or so to help us transition. In the mean time he then also doubles as a great way to put points on the board at a discount.

That's my rationale anyway.

Well Gillett is obviously going to make some money and is a valid target, but we have limited trades and I think Batemen is better prospect.

Also have to make sure we keep making cash, so that we can bring Crichton, Tedesco etc in when they bottom out. that's why i think its important to get Garrick out and a money maker in.
    I don't really want to dump Edwards or Holland, but someone has to go if we want a cash injection
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed 20 Mar 2019, 3:04 pm

Edwards to score 50+ this week Razz
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Wed 20 Mar 2019, 7:42 pm

I think our direction is clear. I'm going to close this and make it a decision between 2 options

Overwhelmingly we are double trading (14 votes)

We will be bringing in Lawrie 14 votes and Burns 13 votes

We are trading out Garrick 13 votes and one of either Edwards or Holland (8 votes each).

New poll will be up shortly to vote who to drop as well as who we play this week.

Also my bad on not having Gillett as an option. I totally intended to have him in there and I think as I was pulling it all together he just slipped somehow. He was even one of the trades I picked out of the thread so sorry about that. Next time I'll make sure I get all the options.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:11 pm

I like the idea of getting some cash in the bank this week while picking up 2 good cashies this week. Means we can target Bateman if he shows the goods again, without having to ditch a gun.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:14 pm

I just added a drop Edwards vote, mostly to free up more cash for a big move next week.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed 20 Mar 2019, 10:51 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:I think our direction is clear. I'm going to close this and ....

I'd think you need to be given the power to lock threats so that no one can comment after you say "I'm going to close this".
    Have a chat with our favorite cow about this locking threats and if it means that you have Mod next to your name, so be it.

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 9:32 am