NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Round One

leaguegod

NRL Round One - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Round One

Post by leaguegod Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:11 pm

I do like the idea of being disappointed twice in the same weekend
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:03 pm

leaguegod wrote:It was fun enjoying the nrl season for 5 minutes

Who else is ready for origin talk ??

Vomit
    Haas might offer a little bit of value if you start with him in 2020. Smile
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Krump wrote:
    Since when is Niko anything more than meh?

When he is playing hooker from the bench
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Can’t stand ch9 commentary already. Saying Moses should be sin binned for going shoulder shoulder which is allowed and then nothing when Blake clearly pushes Ferguson during the try. Would have been interesting if they didn’t score then
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Parra in trouble if Brown is out
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Ouch season gone
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:31 pm

That’s a terrible sin bin rule. No swinging arm and only hit high because yeo was chopped down low. Game chamger
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Shanbon wrote:That’s a terrible sin bin rule. No swinging arm and only hit high because yeo was chopped down low. Game chamger

I disagree. The rule is awesome IMO.
    If you take someone out of a game through foul play, you deserve to be binned.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:20 pm

I agreed with the binning too
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:21 pm

The biggest issue I had with Napa getting binned wasn’t the binning itself it was that these tackles never get binned
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:58 pm

J. Bateman looking good and like he is having gun out there in the rain.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:45 pm

I have a couple of problems with it.

10min equated to 12 points and a swing in the game for a tackle that 95% of the time doesn’t do anything, Yeo dropping into it was the biggest factor the late high hit by RCG was worse but because the player got up there is no sin bin.
    The rule needs to be tweaked, make it like ice hockey penalty box and once a try is scored the player comes back on. The other option is have a 5th interchange player that can be used in these situations therefore the team doesn’t lose a player for the game

My other problem is coaches already flaunt the concussion rule and now they will coach players that anytime we are behind after 50min if you get hit high stay down and then come off “concussed” we can cover you at the end of the game and our team will get a 1 man advantage

The more I think about it the more I think if the tackle isn’t worth a sin bin if a player stays on it shouldn’t be worth a sin bin because they go off. Some players like Sione Mata’utia are way more likely to be concussed then most players and a tackle on him for that reason could be worth 10 in the bin compared to the same tackle on another player being a penalty only.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:06 am

I'll take that win. Should have been a shut out and would have been without the bin. Good start. To the season. Thought it was gonna go exactly like last year. Lose after leading 14-0, but we dug in and always looked the better team with 13 out there. Our maligned forwards aimed up really well, even without Brown, who is a huge out, for much of the game. So at least we know we won't finish with 0 points this year!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:43 am

Shanbon wrote:I have a couple of problems with it.

10min equated to 12 points and a swing in the game for a tackle that 95% of the time doesn’t do anything, Yeo dropping into it was the biggest factor the late high hit by RCG was worse but because the player got up there is no sin bin.
    The rule needs to be tweaked, make it like ice hockey penalty box and once a try is scored the player comes back on. The other option is have a 5th interchange player that can be used in these situations therefore the team doesn’t lose a player for the game

My other problem is coaches already flaunt the concussion rule and now they will coach players that anytime we are behind after 50min if you get hit high stay down and then come off “concussed” we can cover you at the end of the game and our team will get a 1 man advantage

The more I think about it the more I think if the tackle isn’t worth a sin bin if a player stays on it shouldn’t be worth a sin bin because they go off. Some players like Sione Mata’utia are way more likely to be concussed then most players and a tackle on him for that reason could be worth 10 in the bin compared to the same tackle on another player being a penalty only.

sure there is potential for it to be exploited. I love the premise of it though. In the past through players were unable to be sinbinned for foul play like a high shot. At least now there is a chance someone gets 10 for a nasty high shot that leaves someone rattled - eg Yeo. Doesnt matter if he was going down with it, a high shot is still a high shot these days.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:52 am

i don't think its as black and white as "head high, HIA = auto sin bin" they will use their discretion and i think it was fair enough yesterday

i do kinda like the idea of a sin bin being till a try is scored, especially since refs are back to being fine using it with regularity

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:36 am