NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL VSDT Cash Comp 1

Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

NFL VSDT Cash Comp 1 - Page 26 Empty Re: NFL VSDT Cash Comp 1

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:You guys got bailed out with quite a few garbage time points huh!

At the end of the 3rd quarter I was swearing at him to at least get a touchdown when he was on 2 so i can settle for a 20. Sorry to see you missed out on the eliminator but I see Limp Trubiskit made it through. Who is that ???
    Is it right that in the NFL in week 17 that quite a few players will get rested in preparations for the playoffs???
    Makes it tough if you don't have enough depth. Good luck Limp.............
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:41 am

Pacey's Best wrote:

At the end of the 3rd quarter I was swearing at him to at least get a touchdown when he was on 2 so i can settle for a 20. Sorry to see you missed out on the eliminator but I see Limp Trubiskit made it through. Who is that ???
    Is it right that in the NFL in week 17 that quite a few players will get rested in preparations for the playoffs???
    Makes it tough if you don't have enough depth. Good luck Limp.............

All good, I could have won the eliminator if I wanted too (i.e. taking Mahomes score as captain), but I risked that to try and grab a few more points with Gurley for our comp - which blew up in my face Smile

Garbage time is just one of those things huh. Sometimes it works for you, sometimes it doesn't. Great when it works for you, against you though and you always feel a bit hard done by because it typically flies in the face of the way the rest of the game has been tracking.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Hmm, once again really undecided on trades. Intended to go Mayfield>Brees last week before I forgot. Now considering about 5 other QBs, trying to figure out a balance between scoring points and risk of being rested in the last week.

My other trade will come down to covering at WR if Julio and/or OBJ miss, or possibly a Kamara switch.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:38 pm

I've not seen anything about Julio not playing this week.... Have a missed this?
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:04 pm

He just missed a practice or two with illness. He'll probs play. I was keen on Keenan last week when I forgot my trades, so very glad that didn't happen. Behind the 8-ball again this week with Hill having a quiet one.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Mate, I got Keenan this week. Wasn't thrilled at the prospect of OBJ being out and therefore having to play Evans. Only silver lining is that Keenan didnt score a fantasy point and therefore goes down as a DNP. Irony is I'll get Evqns anyway. Waste of a trade although Keenans matchup in week 17 is good so hopefully not a complete bust.

Big call getting Big Ben mate! and Thielen.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:01 am

Yeah really couldn't decide between Brees, Big Ben, Ryan, Newton, Watson and a couple of others even. In the end I decided that the Steelers need to keep winning, so Big Ben is least likely to be rested, plus second highest average so far and pretty good matchups. Then I find out this morning he apparently cracked ribs last week Shocked Oh well, sounds like he should be okay.

Thielen....fuck. Was tipped for a big game by the guy whose fantasy advice I generally follow, and in the end it's cost me 29 points and I could have saved the trade. Ah well.

Lucky break for all you Maher owners to get Carlsons 20. Killing me. At least there is a chance that I make a gain on the Kamara vs Zeke matchup this week, that'd be nice.

This really could come down to who can get the most players on the field in the last week. I'm guessing players from the Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Chargers will be a big chance to sit, as well as Texans and possibly Patriots.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:22 am

Thielen hasnt delivered for me since bringing him in. I think I broke him
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 am

Thickshake wrote:Yeah really couldn't decide between Brees, Big Ben, Ryan, Newton, Watson and a couple of others even. In the end I decided that the Steelers need to keep winning, so Big Ben is least likely to be rested, plus second highest average so far and pretty good matchups. Then I find out this morning he apparently cracked ribs last week Shocked Oh well, sounds like he should be okay.

Thielen....fuck. Was tipped for a big game by the guy whose fantasy advice I generally follow, and in the end it's cost me 29 points and I could have saved the trade. Ah well.

Lucky break for all you Maher owners to get Carlsons 20. Killing me. At least there is a chance that I make a gain on the Kamara vs Zeke matchup this week, that'd be nice.

This really could come down to who can get the most players on the field in the last week. I'm guessing players from the Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Chargers will be a big chance to sit, as well as Texans and possibly Patriots.

Im not sure many/any a likely to sit at this stage. Divisional titles will be sealed up but everyone is fighting for seedings still.

Yeah Theilen has been ave. I was never big on him to be honest. Be I actually like, this week he is in for a big one. When Connor comes back though his TD numbers prob go back down.

Yup, massive luck on Maher.

My round will rest on Gurley... Otherwise I think Im doing pretty well as I avoided Hill and Thielen and got Julio and Evans instead!

Rodgers wasn't a complete bust either...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:33 am

They just said on TV Big doesn't have cracked ribs either. Miss-reported apparently! Some other issue apparently!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:58 am

Looks like the Captaincy dilemma balanced itself out this week... last week Gurley set me back ~30 points, this week it looks like he netted me close to the same.

The bonus 20 points from Carlson might be key too... (unlucky Thickshake).

At the moment though it looks like the season is coming down to who has the most consistent WRs. Seems like the difference this week is Hill and Thielen's low scores.

As it stands, looking like I've put a few more points on the field, and perhaps even Raidya dropping out of the running completely - not sure what happened there as I cant see the make up of his team but he's only on 310 with two to play (including (c)). Looking like he will drop off the pace by ~100 point this week. I guess he potentially played Hill, Thielen, Cooks for a combined 34 points and no Hopkins 0:

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am

You've beat me by 20 this week
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:08 am

Verbal Kint wrote:You've beat me by 20 this week

Yeah, noticed that, we both have the same 2 guys to come huh!

Then I think the gap from you to Thickshake is a further ~

So based on projections

1st to 2nd = 46 points
    2nd to 3rd = 53 points
    3rd to 4th = 71 points

so first to 4th looking like >170 points now.

if my numbers are correct!

Still very tight, because as Thickshake alluded to, there are a number of players who may start sitting from next week. And we can only change max 2 people per week so only so much damage can be dealt with.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Some carnage will shake things up a bit. Hopefully I get lucky.

I dont like my WR cover - 2 out exposes M Harris on by bench. Underwealming

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Sitting nicely in 5th R&T. Within striking distance of the overall comp win. Good luck!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:10 am

Verbal Kint wrote:Sitting nicely in 5th R&T. Within striking distance of the overall comp win. Good luck!

Thanks mate, shame we aren't playing for money for the overall any more huh!

Im a bit surprised how much I went up the rankings this week to be honest. I guess quite a few people had a dud captain and/or some of those WRs who didnt go that well....

This week shaping up to be interesting with some question marks over Julio, OBJ, Keenan Allen, Rodgers, Gurley, and looks like Newton is gonna be shelved for the season so Im picking that adversely affects CMC....

Im actually seriously considering starting Chubb this week.....

Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:30 pm

I can safely say that I lost my chance in this tournament when I started with Rob Gronkowski. Stick with him, he'll come good. (YEA RIGHT). For such a dominant force at tight end for years, man has he been disappointing..........................................
    It's a lesson that I'll have to start learning sooner rather than later in all fantasy comps, but how do you learn. When is enough, enough and trade out a GUN.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:40 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:I can safely say that I lost my chance in this tournament when I started with Rob Gronkowski. Stick with him, he'll come good. (YEA RIGHT). For such a dominant force at tight end for years, man has he been disappointing..........................................
    It's a lesson that I'll have to start learning sooner rather than later in all fantasy comps, but how do you learn. When is enough, enough and trade out a GUN.

Yeah man, he was my biggest mistake too. I got lucky though, I got rid of him pretty early.

Looks like this week was kind to me. Gurley out meant I got Chubb (my only replacement RB) while Usual didnt make the switch and got Wilson instead. Looks like I'll go into the last round about 100 points clear of Usual in 2nd (although not sure how Thickshake went this week).
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:55 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah man, he was my biggest mistake too. I got lucky though, I got rid of him pretty early.

Looks like this week was kind to me. Gurley out meant I got Chubb (my only replacement RB) while Usual didnt make the switch and got Wilson instead. Looks like I'll go into the last round about 100 points clear of Usual in 2nd (although not sure how Thickshake went this week).

I can see Thickshake is 658 all done.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:42 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

I can see Thickshake is 658 all done.

Cheers mate,

So it sounds like I've got about 100 points on both Thickshake and Usual going into the last week. Anything could happen!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:31 am