NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL VSDT (sports deck) cash comp - who's in?

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NFL VSDT (sports deck) cash comp - who's in? Empty NFL VSDT (sports deck) cash comp - who's in?

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:28 am

****************************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE: This is all on now ladies and lads as well have enough confirmed and probable entries. Below is an update of confirmed numbers and their 'paid' status.

1. @Pacey's_Best (PAID)
    2. @Russ (PAID)
    3. @Krump (PAID)
    4. @Rippin and Tearin (PAID)
    5. @Ti - non-forum member (PAID)
    6. @Revraiser (PAID)
    7. @concussed (PAID)
    8. @Krump's Mate (PAID)
    9. @Verbal Kint (PAID)
    10. @Enchanted Glossy Flamingo (PAID)
    11. @Thickshake (PAID)
    12. @Pain (PAID)
    13. @wolfking (PAID)

14. @welshy (COFIRMED)

14. - 16. 2 others who have expressed interest.

website link:

https://sportsdeck.com/au/nfl/dreamteam#/lobby

Will supply league code and p/w upon receipt of payment!

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest over on the NFL fantasy thread for a cash comp using the VSDT (Sportsdeck) platform.

It seems ike we have at least 4 people keen and I only mentioned it 12 hours ago so it looks like this thing has legs. Here's how I figure it can work but open to suggestions.

1) Entry fee $50
    2) Season long overall winner Virtual Sportsdeck Dream Team comp https://sportsdeck.com/au/nfl/dreamteam#/
    3) Prizes: Im thinking if we get 5 or fewer people playing then winner takes all. If we get more than 5 then an 80/20 split 1st/2nd. If we get 10 or more then 60/30/10 split.

I'll get the payment situation sorted ASAP. Sounds like we will use the same method that SI did (PayPal I've been told) for the NRL cash comp this year.

So far people seem happy to trust me with their money so if thats the case I'm happy to do it.

On the other hand if that is a barrier for you to play the game (i.e. you aren't to keen to trust someone you dont know - which I completely understand) then I could at least approach SI and see if he wouldn't mind doing it.

Also just to confirm how the VSDT platform works.
    In essence it's the same as NRLF.
    You chose your team of 24 players (2 QBs, 6 RBs, 8 WRs, 3 TEs, 2 Kickers, 2 Defence/Special teams) with a budget of ~$177m.
    24 trades for the season
    2 Trades max per round
    1 captain and 1 vc per week
    player values change based on their scoring each week (although prices dont change until a player has played their 3rd game)
    You score points each round and the team with the most points after the season wins.

I'll set up a group so we can easily keep track of the leaderboard.

Also just to confirm, this would be for the season long overall points winner (not a head to head league set up).

If you are interested please post below.

If you have any thoughts on how this could be better run please post here as well and I'll do my best to make it as good and fun as possible.

By the way the reason we are doing this is because VSDT doesn't offer prizes any more. Last time they did there was a $1000 prize which was a nice incentive to play but now theres nothing.

Cheers

RnT

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:23 am; edited 10 times in total
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NFL VSDT (sports deck) cash comp - who's in? Empty Re: NFL VSDT (sports deck) cash comp - who's in?

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:41 am

Update:

I've created a private group which will be used for our cash comp.

If you are interested PM me and I'll give you the code.

Peoples spots in the group will only be valid once they pay the money though.

For now at least you will start to get an idea of the numbers that are interested!

I've PM'd SI too so I'll get back to you.

Also, feel free to invite anyone else you know. So long as they pay I'm happy to open this out to anyone!
    Krump
    Krump

NFL VSDT (sports deck) cash comp - who's in? Empty Re: NFL VSDT (sports deck) cash comp - who's in?

Post by Krump Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 am

I can't see any issue with you holding the money mate. I wasn't keen to an extra format but will definitely be in now that I know it's an overall type of comp.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:11 am

Awesome Krump - we are getting some numbers together fast - gonna be fun, its a really cool format I reckon. Much more forgiving than NRLF because players prices dont change until round 3 which gives you a couple rounds to fix mistakes.

@Pacey's Best
    @Russ
    @Thickshake
    @Krump
    + one of my mates.

So far 6 keen which is a great start. Seems like everyone is happy with me sorting the money. I'll wait to hear back from SI, but likely go ahead with creating a PayPal account and get you guys all the details.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:38 am

Hey guys, haven't had any other interest in this. So as it stands at most we have 5 or 6 people (not sure about my mate at this stage).

Is it still worth it?

Anyone know other people that might be keen?

Cheers
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:51 am

I think 5 or 6 is definitely enough to make it worth while. I'm locked in.

Should we use this thread to discuss the game also?

If so, here is what I'm tossing up right now. Am I better off starting with two rookie kickers, and two awesome defences (Jags and Rams). Or should I start say Jags and Browns and upgrade to an established kicker like Gostkowski?

Pretty set on the rest of my squad pending what happens over the next week or two, just trying to figure out if I want to set and forget two awesome defences and play them based on matchups all season (an absolute lottery I know).

P.S. It's a good idea to try to collect the money before the season starts, otherwise people tend to go missing.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:14 am

Thickshake wrote:I think 5 or 6 is definitely enough to make it worth while. I'm locked in.

If so, here is what I'm tossing up right now. Am I better off starting with two rookie kickers, and two awesome defences (Jags and Rams). Or should I start say Jags and Browns and upgrade to an established kicker like Gostkowski?

Pretty set on the rest of my squad pending what happens over the next week or two, just trying to figure out if I want to set and forget two awesome defences and play them based on matchups all season (an absolute lottery I know).

P.S. It's a good idea to try to collect the money before the season starts, otherwise people tend to go missing.

Cheers for the post mate. I'll definitely make sure the cash is in prior to the game kicking off.

I think 5 is enough too, although more money would be good cause that means I think we could justify prizes for more than just first...

I'll look at setting a payment system up tonight!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi guys,

I've just been online and my PayPal account is good to go. Is everyone happy with that option? My understanding is that all you need to transfer money is my email that is associated with the account. If so, it is nicholasjbowden79@gmail.com

As it stands we appear to have 5 or 6 people interested. I propose that with these numbers we set up a winner takes all competition with the winner being the team with the most points accumulated during the NFL season as per the overall VSDT comp.

Does that sound ok?

Payments must be made ($50 AUD) prior to the competition starting which I believe is 12:20pm NZT on the 9th of September (so about 9 days away).

Is there anything I've missed? @Thickshake @Pacey's Best @Russ @Krump

Please feel free to spread the word, if we get to 10 players then I propose we include a prize for 2nd!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Hey guys, slight complication as it seems people from OZ are gonna be charged $6 for transferring to me (in NZ). I chatted with @thickshake and suggested 3 options:

Thickshake wrote:Hey Nick,

Cheers. I just had a look. It wants to charge me like $6 to transfer the $50 to you because you're not within Aus. Reckon its okay if I just do a bank transfer to you? Not sure if that presents any other issues.

Cheers,
    Tom

(1) we accept the $6 cost
    (2) we charge people outside of NZ $44 entry to compensate
    (3) we can have a NZ and OZ pool and someone in OZ could hold the OZ money and I could hold the NZ money.

I guess my preference would be (1) or (2) just cause its easier to keep track of....

What do you think?

Also note that bank transfers between OZ and NZ are a pain in the arse and probably also cost something similar.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:41 pm

I don't mind accepting the $6 cost to transfer. But does that mean that if the winner is an Aussie R&T, that you will be charged $6 to send the money. I don't like that.......
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:44 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:I don't mind accepting the $6 cost to transfer. But does that mean that if the winner is an Aussie R&T, that you will be charged $6 to send the money. I don't like that.......
    Probably but that’s fine with me, don’t worry about that. I’m just keen to get something going but at the same time wanna make sure everyone is good with how it’s being run
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    Probably but that’s fine with me, don’t worry about that. I’m just keen to get something going but at the same time wanna make sure everyone is good with how it’s being run

Thanks R&T, champion mate. I'm happy to do the Paypal transfer. Should I do it now or wait to see what others want to do????
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:49 pm

I've just made my payment through Paypal. Thanks mate....................
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:42 pm

Yeah I'm fine to cop the $6, will pay tomorrow.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:12 am

Hey guys, thanks for the PMs. So far everyone is on board with paying despite the fee, thanks for that.

I've got confirmed (paid) entries from:
    @Pacey's Best
    @Russ
    @RnT
    + one of my mates too.

@Thickshake has confirmed he will be in and pay in the next couple of days.
    @Krump I think is still keen too
    Also, another forum member might also be keen.

SO, all up we may now be at 7.

It would be awesome if we could get this up to 10. If we did we could have a 1st and 2nd Prize and perhaps even find a small prize for the top weekly score for the season. @Russ suggested this to me (and it was also done for the NRL cash comp here). Its a great way to keep things interesting for the season for everyone, especially when inevitably one or two will find themselves out of contention for the top 2 at some point during the season.

Please ask around and see if you can find anyone else.

I'll post again on the NFL fantasy thread and if Im allowed will post on one of the NRL threads.

I wonder if this can be made a sticky for a short time too? @SI??

Cheers everyone, 8 days to go!!!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:14 am

Thickshake wrote:I think 5 or 6 is definitely enough to make it worth while. I'm locked in.

Mate, I have intended to reply to you re your Qs but have been focussed on trying to get this thing going!

In short, I've only played this comp twice and I neither time did I pick up two gun Ds. Thats not to say its not the way to go.... I haven't looked this time but my strategy will be to likely add Ks and Ds last. Hopefully get a decent one of each and then a 'value' one.

I'll be keen to talk more about strategy once all the admin for this thing is done.

Cheers!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:07 am

I feel sorry for the Aussie who wins and gets back less than they put in because the prize is in $NZ

:troll:
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:38 am

No Worries wrote:I feel sorry for the Aussie who wins and gets back less than they put in because the prize is in $NZ

:troll:

Shhhh!

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 am

Paid
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:20 am

Krump wrote:Paid

Thanks mate, got it. Thats 5 confirmed and paid and 4 others pencilled in as keen and 1 50/50.

If we can get to 10, thats $500, Im wondering if we could start looking at $300 for 1st, $100 for 2nd, and $100 for the weekly (season) prize. What do you think.

I know it would have been preferable to sort this out prior to everyone joining up but everyone seems quite relaxed so hopefully we can come to some kind of consensus on the prize structure.

I think it would be really cool to have that weekly component. As well as a prize for 2nd. That should keep everyone interested for the season and most importantly make sure everyone enjoys the comp.

Any thoughts on this guys?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 am