NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cash Comp is OPEN!!!

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Cash Comp is OPEN!!! Empty Cash Comp is OPEN!!!

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm

The RObD0g Memorial NRL Fantasy Fanatics Cash Comp is open.  Rob Carpenter was an avid DT and Fantasy player and long time member of Fanatics, Sportal, Legends, and Mentors.  Rob was a devout Broncos, Maroons and Manchester United supporter who passed away at the age of 26 from a heart attack in April of last year whilst keeping goal for The Blackstone United Dragons in Brisbane.

The link is as below and is a $50 buy in.  Depending on how many entries, we will look at a smaller Weekly prize and a larger sum for the Overall winner OR a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize for the 3 highest scoring Overall players at the end of the comp come Round 25.  We will have more of an idea on this in the next few days.  But we need to know the pool before we make this decision, so get in there!

We will leave the comp open for entries until the first Sunday game of Round 1 locks out.  So all interested must have entered by then; this is to give us a full week to gather numbers on the back of my tardiness in getting the comp organised...but also ensures no-one can sniper the first Weekly prize if we choose to split the pool that way.

This is a Pool set up on PayPal, which means your transaction and details are safe.  Just click on the link provided and transfer your money into the Pool.  You can hide your real life name when you contribute (tick anonymous), but please make comment as to your Fanatics poster name so I can tick you off.  

If you don't have a PayPal account it takes a couple of minutes to set up.  PayPal has an extremely good reputation for it's safety and security.  PayPal can sometimes take quite a few days for your added funds to show up on your account to be ready to transfer. In my experience, if you link your bank or CC details then PayPal can use that instead of your physical balance (I am not sure if this is purely for merchants though).  

Looking forward to kicking off the comp and hopefully outdoing the actual official NRL Fantasy prize pool!!!  To enter click the below links:

If you are in Australia:
    https://paypal.me/pools/c/82mfrjMwbz

Free to transfer from PayPal balance or linked bank account; 2.5% plus 30 cents from Credit Card

If you are not in Australia, click link and enter $50, and then select AUD:
    https://paypal.me/MJB74

It looks like you will pay between 3% and 7.5% interest if not in Australia, sorry.

UPDATE: I will start sending codes by tomorrow morning.  You will receive a code if you are on the running list that is updated throughout the thread

UPDATE, JUST TO CLARIFY ALL:

I have put in place a safety net by defaulting the League to start in Round 2, as we were originally (and probably still will) going to leave the comp open till this Sunday morning to get extra players in there.

Your first Round score will count if the League starts in Round 2 I believe, and if we decide to have a weekly prize (depending on how big the pool gets) then we can still pay out on the 1st Round highest scorer.

That is why the League currently says it starts in Round 2. To be honest, unless we get above 2k in the next few days we probably won't have a weekly as it will dilute the Overall prize, but this is open for discussion once we know the final numbers.

Last edited by SI on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:30 pm; edited 7 times in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Cash Comp is OPEN!!! Empty Re: Cash Comp is OPEN!!!

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Any questions or concerns just fire away in here or send me a PM Very Happy

ADMIN:

Codes required Tuesday midday:

Not in League midnight Tuesday:

ricsum
    Chucky
    AL

Combined pool is now $1600

Confirmed paid:

Moose
    MTB
    Pacey
    Bender
    SI
    Welshy
    Random
    Trajan
    Russ
    mulvy
    DK
    Big Kev
    THEGAME
    Krump
    Soylent
    GM
    ricsum
    tragic
    CD
    Chucky
    AL
    rhino
    beaver
    Druid
    Pain
    Milf
    Wolfie
    Revs
    Shangrada
    Ratnick
    yanjarra
    Thickshake

Last edited by SI on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:41 pm; edited 9 times in total
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Never used PayPal before so how does it link with my bank account in terms of transferring money from one account to another?
    THEGAME
    THEGAME

Post by THEGAME Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:53 pm

Sorry mate, won’t let me make Payment as I’m in NZ?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:54 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Never used PayPal before so how does it link with my bank account in terms of transferring money from one account to another?

If you have a PayPal account or set one up now and deposit the $50 into it then that won't be an issue mate. It should be cleared by the end of the week and you can transfer from your PP into the Cash Comp by clicking the link.

PayPal will already have your bank or CC details to allow you to transfer funds in originally. It can also use these accounts as a back up to make PayPal payments if your actual PayPal balance is not enough. In saying that, this works with Merchant transactions all the time for me, I am not sure about the Pool transfer system we have set up.

There may be someone on here who can explain it better.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:55 pm

THEGAME wrote:Sorry mate, won’t let me make Payment as I’m in NZ?

Is that what it says? PayPal Pool system said it is international which is why we chose it. Fuck. Let me have a look at the settings.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:09 pm

SI wrote:

If you have a PayPal account or set one up now and deposit the $50 into it then that won't be an issue mate.  It should be cleared by the end of the week and you can transfer from your PP into the Cash Comp by clicking the link.

PayPal will already have your bank or CC details to allow you to transfer funds in originally.  It can also use these accounts as a back up to make PayPal payments if your actual PayPal balance is not enough.  In saying that, this works with Merchant transactions all the time for me, I am not sure about the Pool transfer system we have set up.

So the money doesn't go into the PP instantly? Because I was hoping to pay the $50 on Wednesday but not sure if that's too late?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:14 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:
    SI wrote:

If you have a PayPal account or set one up now and deposit the $50 into it then that won't be an issue mate.  It should be cleared by the end of the week and you can transfer from your PP into the Cash Comp by clicking the link.

PayPal will already have your bank or CC details to allow you to transfer funds in originally.  It can also use these accounts as a back up to make PayPal payments if your actual PayPal balance is not enough.  In saying that, this works with Merchant transactions all the time for me, I am not sure about the Pool transfer system we have set up.

So the money doesn't go into the PP instantly? Because I was hoping to pay the $50 on Wednesday but not sure if that's too late?

It can take a few days mate if it is a transfer. I think they do all their checks etc which is why it is so safe. I have my bank account and CC linked which means I don't need an actual balance in my PayPal account, PayPal just takes it straight out of my account instantly.

I am not worried if payment isn't in till the week after mate if it takes it a while. It may take a few days for those settings up new accounts so I understand that.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Cheers mate - i've sent my entry - don't care if you all know my bloody name.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:16 pm

THEGAME wrote:Sorry mate, won’t let me make Payment as I’m in NZ?

Did PayPal actually state that mate? I can't see anything saying it is not allowed, but if they stated that then we have hit a bit of a snag Shocked
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:19 pm

my tv broke wrote:Cheers mate - i've sent my entry - don't care if you all know my bloody name.

Received mate Very Happy
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:22 pm

SI wrote:

It can take a few days mate if it is a transfer.  I think they do all their checks etc which is why it is so safe.  I have my bank account and CC linked which means I don't need an actual balance in my PayPal account, PayPal just takes it straight out of my account instantly.

I am not worried if payment isn't in till the week after mate if it takes it a while.  It may take a few days for those settings up new accounts so I understand that.

Okay well I'll pay up on Wednesday if that's fine with you Smile
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Even if it takes a couple days to clear, the record of having made payment will be through to SI as soon as you do it online. So should be all good to confirm entry immediately
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:44 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:
    SI wrote:

It can take a few days mate if it is a transfer.  I think they do all their checks etc which is why it is so safe.  I have my bank account and CC linked which means I don't need an actual balance in my PayPal account, PayPal just takes it straight out of my account instantly.

I am not worried if payment isn't in till the week after mate if it takes it a while.  It may take a few days for those settings up new accounts so I understand that.

Okay well I'll pay up on Wednesday if that's fine with you Smile

All good mate, and for anyone else as well. Open for people to join till next Sunday morning to allow the pool to build up.
    Big Kev
    Big Kev

Post by Big Kev Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Cash Comp is OPEN!!! _2018010
    Big Kev
    Big Kev

Post by Big Kev Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm

At least we have colour TV & coca cola FFS
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:22 pm

I've just sent in a payment SI, I hope it worked.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Ive paid my donation mate
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:13 pm

Received Pacey and Bender Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Big Kev wrote:Cash Comp is OPEN!!! _2018010

Faaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkk!

Never fear lads, I'll work something out. Hang in there!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am