NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon May 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Mearcats wrote:I think I got to everyone right lads? Anyone I missed?
    Hey MC any chance you could give me a crack for me previous post. Much love
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by Milchcow Mon May 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Jackson is one of those players that all the commentators seem to love, wouldn't be surprised to see him make it.

Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Mon May 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Unfortunately, for those of us looking to buy Cleary this week are buying high and a week too early. However, he may be my best option with only DCE and Maloney as halfs in my team.

He scored so poorly in Rd 1 & 2 beside Cleary. Can we risk playing Maloney one more week?
    Really want SJ later on, but will Cleary score as well?
    Or are Matterson and Koroisau safer and just as viable options?
    Is riding Lamb up in price for a couple weeks to wait on SJ a potential tactic?

Any thoughts appreciated

Last edited by Goodnight Kiwi on Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelsing)
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:55 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Team at the moment before trades is
    Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    Jurbo Tolo RFM
    Jacks DCE
    Mitchell Isaako
    Turbo Ponga Thompson

Kikau Murray TPJ Martin
    S’ua Brimson Smith Cogger 

67K 19(2)

Problems atm are Thompson and Isaako. Jacks is good for now if he keeps his spot this week, should take lots of kicking duties without Smith this week. Not sure where to go, I do like Fonua, Lamb, Tuala if named, Gutho, RTS. I also really feel Brandon Smith could be in for some cash rises over the origin period, couple starts at hooker could play him into a more prominent role in the team. Anyone able to spare a thought?

Thompson to Fonua nets me 201K plus only uses 1 trade and I get someone I actually enjoy watching and probably the best cash cow prospect only thing is I would have to play him in my 17 at WFB. News of a swap between naiqama and Rona are not comforting though.

Course I can bud! Always happy to help a brother out.

I've already had a bit to say earlier regarding BS9, I think he could be a good pickup. Really wish he wasn't as I want him to come into my side later in the year as a serviceable cashout but it doesn't look like that is the way that the Storm plan on utilising him this year. He won't make huge coin but I think he'd make enough to justify a trade if you decided to go that way. The only problem then is that he would bleed it rather quickly following the origin period.

I have also spoken regarding Fonua. IMO, he is probably the better bet at the moment for those looking for a potential cow. Especially if he continues to play CTR and gets the DPP spot. Then his stock rise dramatically. You can be at the front of that curve or behind it but it's a gamble. With the Naiqama news from last week and the new stuff floating about the place regarding Rona it makes it a sketchy proposition but one that could be very worthwhile.

Also, you don't need to play Fonua in the 17, you could possibly take a gamble on Brimson as well.

If you offload Isaako, who are you thinking of rolling with?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue May 15, 2018 12:01 am

Mearcats wrote:

Course I can bud! Always happy to help a brother out.

I've already had a bit to say earlier regarding BS9, I think he could be a good pickup. Really wish he wasn't as I want him to come into my side later in the year as a serviceable cashout but it doesn't look like that is the way that the Storm plan on utilising him this year. He won't make huge coin but I think he'd make enough to justify a trade if you decided to go that way. The only problem then is that he would bleed it rather quickly following the origin period.

I have also spoken regarding Fonua. IMO, he is probably the better bet at the moment for those looking for a potential cow. Especially if he continues to play CTR and gets the DPP spot. Then his stock rise dramatically. You can be at the front of that curve or behind it but it's a gamble. With the Naiqama news from last week and the new stuff floating about the place regarding Rona it makes it a sketchy proposition but one that could be very worthwhile.

Also, you don't need to play Fonua in the 17, you could possibly take a gamble on Brimson as well.

If you offload Isaako, who are you thinking of rolling with?
    Thanks man, all the same thoughts as me.
    I really wish BS9 had a lock spot because I feel his minutes are inflated my some injuries atm.
    Fonua scares me everytr he has the ball but he was so electric last week and scored great with no tries, only thing is can he play half as good week in week out.
    Really like Brimson at stages last week. Ran the ball well and almost bagged a try. Easier opposition this week and maybe more opportunities. 
    I would really love a nice POD at this point to get ahead of a few teams but got no clue who.
    If I get rid of isaako I’m liking C.Scott or possibly Tuala if he gets named, although I would rather bring in a keeper CTR at this stage as I don’t want to be wasting trades on this spot; hence the Fonua trade because if he gets the CTR dpp in a couple weeks he would be good to go into CTR with Mitchell and then I can get a WFB with Isaako?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 am

@Mearcats not sure how to un-downvote but my fat finger clicked DV when I meant to upvote you. Sorry champion!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 15, 2018 12:12 am

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Unfortunately, for those of us looking to buy Cleary this week are buying high and a week too early. However, he may be my best option with only DCE and Maloney as halfs in my team.

He scored so poorly in Rd 1 & 2 beside Cleary. Can we risk playing Maloney one more week?
    Really want SJ later on, but will Cleary score as well, or is Matterson a safer option?
    Is riding Lamb up in price for a couple weeks to wait on SJ a potential tactic?

Any thoughts appreciated

I don't think you take the gamble on Maloney if/when Cleary returns. Especially with the BE that he currently has.
    I think SJ is the safer bet, of course, but Clearly will score close to. Matters would be safer in terms of whether he is in the side or not due to injury but will still serve up a low score every now and then, not that you won't also get that from premo halves.
    Riding Lamb up in price is no drama of course but playing him in your 17 is a different story.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Tue May 15, 2018 12:15 am

Mearcats wrote:

I don't think you take the gamble on Maloney if/when Cleary returns. Especially with the BE that he currently has.
    I think SJ is the safer bet, of course, but Clearly will score close to. Matters would be safer in terms of whether he is in the side or not due to injury but will still serve up a low score every now and then, not that you won't also get that from premo halves.
    Riding Lamb up in price is no drama of course but playing him in your 17 is a different story.

Appreciate the response Mearcats. Fingers crossed for SJ to return this week. Will look at trading Thompson to Fonua to afford Maloney to him but halfs will then be locked (barring injury) and Fonua as you say 'could' score just as well going fwd. Cheers
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Tue May 15, 2018 1:12 am

No way Teddy doesn't get picked for Origin I. He is consistently one of our best at that level over the last two series. And his form is actually pretty good.

Fergo was pretty damn bad last series but his current club form is great. Can still see him getting the axe though. Off field 'incidents' aren't helping.

Dugan will be dropped. Don't think he's shown enough to warrant selection when Addo-Carr and Turbo are pushing so hard for a spot.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Tue May 15, 2018 1:30 am

White Lightning wrote:I just noticed Koroisau didn't miss any tackles against the Broncos. Do we think this will continue. Maybe he will change the way he rushes out of the line.

Sometimes they stick. I'm getting Koro this week, he's unders imo and plays rd 13.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue May 15, 2018 1:46 am

Pretty happy with just Thompson to Fonua. Bank a trade which I haven’t done for a while plus bank 201K for Jacks to Lamb next week for a RD 13 HLF then I can possible go Murray to a gun CTR or Cleary
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue May 15, 2018 1:59 am

zorasdomain wrote:Cracked the tonne this week with 1008 and am now sitting in 1st place cheer

Don't know what trades to do this week. I don't have DCE where most of the other top teams do so that hurts me when he does well. But now is probably a bad time to get him? I've been avoiding him for this long in the hope of getting SJ instead but he's always broken.

I was also considering Crichton but it seems like chasing last week's score too much. I was watching him a few weeks back knowing that a big score was coming but don't know how often he'll do it again.

Good on you mate! Keep going!!

DCE is a great move. Wouldn’t be getting too fancy or differential minded from your position Very Happy
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Tue May 15, 2018 3:57 am

Regarding the Bunnies rotation, is anyone concerned over the looming returns of Musgrave and Fuimaono (sp?)

I get the pack has been going well, but could these guys coming back upset the balance a bit? Its kinda putting me off any other souths players at the moment (including doing anything with Murray).
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 am

My team currently
    Smith
    Fifita taupau
    Jturbo Angus tolo
    Matterson lamb
    Inglis isaako
    Tturbo ponga jmk

Cook rfm jfh kikau

Cogger Kenner goose Martin

Need centres a full back and a half and I'm done
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 15, 2018 5:14 am

My team post trades. 17 remaining and 20k in the bank.

Cook
    Fifita, Arrow
    Taumalolo, Fitzgibbon*, RFM
    DCE, Matterson
    Aitken, Hiku
    Teddy, Ponga, Walker

Murray, JFH, Kikau, Lamb*
    Martin, Brimson, Sorenson, Smith

Don't have the trades to be getting Smith in and out again, so will have to cover him.
    Also think my trading can cease for a lil bit.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 am

Why all the love for Lamb?
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue May 15, 2018 6:48 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:My team post trades. 17 remaining and 20k in the bank.

Cook
    Fifita, Arrow
    Taumalolo, Fitzgibbon*, RFM
    DCE, Matterson
    Aitken, Hiku
    Teddy, Ponga, Walker

Murray, JFH, Kikau, Lamb*
    Martin, Brimson, Sorenson, Smith

Don't have the trades to be getting Smith in and out again, so will have to cover him.
    Also think my trading can cease for a lil bit.

Hmm I might need to give up. My team is just a shit version of yours mate! My starting backrow is basically your bench Sad
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 am

Pain wrote:Why all the love for Lamb?

To hazard a guess... Presumably;
    Dominant half
    His spot to lose
    Kick metres
    Plays round 13
    Base stats scoring
    Low BE
    Cheap

I don’t have him, not chasing him, but thought interest in him obvious
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Hmm I might need to give up. My team is just a shit version of yours mate! My starting backrow is basically your bench Sad

Haha sorry bud. I was just very lucky with some picks at the start of the year. Seems to have allowed me to upgrade and downgrade at the right times.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 15, 2018 7:02 am

GreenMachine wrote:

To hazard a guess... Presumably;
    Dominant half
    His spot to lose
    Kick metres
    Plays round 13
    Base stats scoring
    Low BE
    Cheap

I don’t have him, not chasing him, but thought interest in him obvious

Yep all of the above. Need one more cow to get the guys I need and his base stats and price mean he should make that cash I need

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:33 pm