NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

code delta
    code delta

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by code delta Mon May 14, 2018 10:06 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Final round that I'll be paying close attention to this week, H2H grand final time.

Mate tried to cheat me in the semi this week and took Thompson's 39 over Hiku's 46 Laughing Serves him right, wanker.
    I "cheated" last week and lost one point. Cheaters beware. Laughing
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread part 42

Post by Milchcow Mon May 14, 2018 10:11 pm

Shumway wrote:
    Are you trying to tease me? And how did you know I had a vasectomy today? Seriously been in for the snip today. Day off work to plan the team for this week. Then undo it all after TLT

Sent from Topic'it App

Hope recovery goes well Shumway. I will probably be going in myself later this year.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 pm

Stinkbug wrote:might as well jump on board with getting your insights @Mearcats

16 trades left after my (trades) of maloney to lamb, and jmk to mbye (is it crazy to bring him in now, i just want a set and foget back 3). 167k in bank next for rein to macca or surgess.

(C)ook
    kikau, fifita,
    arrow, lolo, murray
    matterson, dce,
    mitchell, ramien,
    ponga, tedesco, mbye

martin, rfm, jfh, rein/lamb
    kennar, nicholls, ccrichton

I'm not sure about Mbye mate... Do you really think he is set and forget or final 17 material? I wouldn't say it's crazy but I'm not sure it's a move I'd make Stink. Do you think it's worth holding Rein this week if Peats is named to return? I advocated it last week with a BE of 7 but that's different this week. If he only gets 20 minutes off the bench he may score 14 which has happened before. Could burn.

I'm assuming you play one of the three guys on the bench if Arrow doesn't play... Who then moves onto your bench? Or is that the resoning behind holding Rein for another week?
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Mon May 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Still trying to decide on a few Final 17 players. WFB3 and CTRs. I have Teddy and Ponga. Was thinking RTS. Don’t think I can afford TTurbo and missing the extra game with Origin means I probably forego him. Pain’s idea of Gutho has me interested, but running out of trades for a mid priced stepping stone and still not sure he’ll be a keeper this year.

For the CTRs... I guess Mitchell and Aitken the best 2. Not sure on Origin duties for them. Just a steaming pile of a fantast position.

Thoughts? Is there a clear best WFB3. And can anyone offer any inspiration on CTRs?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon May 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Shumway wrote:Still trying to decide on a few Final 17 players. WFB3 and CTRs. I have Teddy and Ponga. Was thinking RTS. Don’t think I can afford TTurbo and missing the extra game with Origin means I probably forego him. Pain’s idea of Gutho has me interested, but running out of trades for a mid priced stepping stone and still not sure he’ll be a keeper this year.

For the CTRs... I guess Mitchell and Aitken the best 2. Not sure on Origin duties for them. Just a steaming pile of a fantast position.

Thoughts? Is there a clear best WFB3. And can anyone offer any inspiration on CTRs?

I think the three clear cut backs are Ted, Ponga and Turbo. Centres are Mitchell and Aitken IMO. I went Marsters a couple of weeks ago and I'm fine with both him and Latrell in there.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 pm

There are talks Gutho may be used at a bench utility if Fittler goes with one hooker. I can see him playing McInnes for 80 and Gutho bench.
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Mon May 14, 2018 10:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Are you trying to tease me? And how did you know I had a vasectomy today? Seriously been in for the snip today. Day off work to plan the team for this week. Then undo it all after TLT

Sent from Topic'it App

Hope recovery goes well Shumway. I will probably be going in myself later this year.

Cheers mate. Honestly not too bad at all at the moment.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Brendos1er
    Brendos1er

Post by Brendos1er Mon May 14, 2018 10:24 pm

So I'm going for the big cash ins to get a halves combo.

Currently planning
    Maloney --> Cleary
    Rein --> Koroisau (Gives me hooker cover this week and then into the halves next week)

Which leaves my team as:

Koroisau
    (c)Fifita Kikau
    Arrow, Surgess, Jurbo
    JMK, Cleary
    Mitchell, Ramien
    Tedesco, Turbo, Hiku

INT:
    Havili, Martin, JFH, TPJ

EMG: Smith, Cogger, Gosi, Sorenson

$2k ITB

Any feedback/thoughts? I'd love some advice @Mearcats
    Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Mon May 14, 2018 10:26 pm

@Mearcats thanks mate, guess really im just waiting til TLT to make call on rein &arrow issue although the way i see it is maloney and jmk more urgent trades and confident rein can do enough to make/come close to b/e to not lose too much or ideally just sit out the week.

def cant stand another week of starting jmk but just not sure who else to bring in. dwz? ttrbo might be ideal but not this close to origin.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Random wrote:Bumping for the Mearcats train.

D. Cook
    A. Kikau, J. Fisher-Harris
    R. Fatila-Mariner, C. Murray, R. Martin
    A. Reynolds, D. Cherry-Evans
    P. Hiku, L. Mitchell
    J. Tedesco, K. Ponga, M. Mbye

C. Smith, S. Griffin, J. Su'a, J. Marshall-King

J. Arrow, N. Brown, J. Dugan, Nuffie

Griffin and JMK on the block. Who are the best year long Nuffies?  I don't have the cash flow for Fifita. So thinking of guys like J. Trbojevic, McCullough, Surgess. I wasn't too inspired by S. Burgess this week though. Ideally want to go lower cash so I can turn Su'a into Fifita. I want to hold Murray a week and then look at him to Surgess next week. $17k short of doing Griffin & Su'a -> Bronson & Fifita

Hey mate, it's looking tight with Smith out this week for ya... What's the plan if neither of Arrow or Brown are named? Not sure whether bringing another nuffie in for a guy who will play this week might be the right gamble.

Not 100% sure who the best year long ones will be as of yet, I think Fonua could be in for a shot, Brimson a possible, but realistically, with the way injuries are going this year, they keep popping up on a weekly basis only to be gone a few weeks later.

As for who to pick up, nothing wrong with JTurbo. I know you would be looking at his stats so I don't need to mention to you that last week was certainly an anomaly but there are plenty of others out there simply chasing last weeks points. Macca will come home hard, IF the Broncs can piece something together. Surgess I think will actually be good mate. I wasn't massively impressed with the last start either but I think he'll be good. There are other second rowers out there that could be well worth a shout tho mate. I'm keeping a very close eye on Harris, Mannering, Guerra and Gal. You also have the room to move a FRF in. Cheap decent options like Alvaro or Eisenhuth.

Don't stress mate, lets have another chat tomorrow after TLT. Lets then disect it a bit further.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 10:41 pm

Pain wrote:

I'm flipping back to keeping smith now.

GI to Gutho feels good.

Yeah, I've settled on holding Smith as well. I needa get outta GI too... Think Gutho can come good? I really want him into my side but I needa see him turn the corner first.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Shumway wrote:Still trying to decide on a few Final 17 players. WFB3 and CTRs. I have Teddy and Ponga. Was thinking RTS. Don’t think I can afford TTurbo and missing the extra game with Origin means I probably forego him. Pain’s idea of Gutho has me interested, but running out of trades for a mid priced stepping stone and still not sure he’ll be a keeper this year.

Closest cut third for me is Marsters mate ATM. Potential Yeo or Fonua if they get DPP after rd12. Let's be clear though, it's a fair step...
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Stinkbug wrote:@Mearcats thanks mate, guess really im just waiting til TLT to make call on rein &arrow issue although the way i see it is maloney and jmk more urgent trades and confident rein can do enough to make/come close to b/e to not lose too much or ideally just sit out the week.

def cant stand another week of starting jmk but just not sure who else to bring in. dwz? ttrbo might be ideal but not this close to origin.

I agree mate, it's been hard seeing JMK the past few weeks, playing 60 minutes at hooker and scoring like a 15 minute benchie sucks! I certainly wouldn't be bringing in DWZ. TTurbo is certainly great. I may be ok with him, even this close to SOO.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 pm

I just noticed Koroisau didn't miss any tackles against the Broncos. Do we think this will continue. Maybe he will change the way he rushes out of the line.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon May 14, 2018 11:02 pm

Team at the moment before trades is
    Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    Jurbo Tolo RFM
    Jacks DCE
    Mitchell Isaako
    Turbo Ponga Thompson

Kikau Murray TPJ Martin
    S’ua Brimson Smith Cogger 

67K 19(2)

Problems atm are Thompson and Isaako. Jacks is good for now if he keeps his spot this week, should take lots of kicking duties without Smith this week. Not sure where to go, I do like Fonua, Lamb, Tuala if named, Gutho, RTS. I also really feel Brandon Smith could be in for some cash rises over the origin period, couple starts at hooker could play him into a more prominent role in the team. Anyone able to spare a thought?

Thompson to Fonua nets me 201K plus only uses 1 trade and I get someone I actually enjoy watching and probably the best cash cow prospect only thing is I would have to play him in my 17 at WFB. News of a swap between naiqama and Rona are not comforting though.

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Mon May 14, 2018 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:15 pm

Brendos1er wrote:So I'm going for the big cash ins to get a halves combo.

Currently planning
    Maloney --> Cleary
    Rein --> Koroisau (Gives me hooker cover this week and then into the halves next week)

Which leaves my team as:

Koroisau
    (c)Fifita Kikau
    Arrow, Surgess, Jurbo
    JMK, Cleary
    Mitchell, Ramien
    Tedesco, Turbo, Hiku

INT:
    Havili, Martin, JFH, TPJ

EMG: Smith, Cogger, Gosi, Sorenson

$2k ITB

Any feedback/thoughts? I'd love some advice @Mearcats

Risky mate... Cleary coming back from a decent injury and has a rather large BE. I don't think he'll hit it for a week or two. I also don't think that Koro is a season keeper... You have kooker cover on the bench in Havili, don't think you necessarily need to bring Koro in for that at the moment. That being said, I don't have a problem with either of these trades being made. It's just that it is a risk, and one that you should be aware of. I also feel that if Peats and Cleary are named then they are pretty definitely a soon to or urgent sell.

If you're not worried about the money then jump on Cleary. He's gonna be a keeper anyways and at times it's important to consider the points garnered and trades saved from jumping on a keeper. But at least Cleary is actually going to be a keeper, I'm not sure the same can be said for Koro.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 14, 2018 11:16 pm

100% Footy and Gus is eluding that Freddy is gonna pick a clean slate for NSW. What’s the bet Teddy Tedesco isn’t picked? JTurbo and TTurbo are gonna be in there for sure, Jake captain material. You heard it here first. Jackson will be there too I reckon. Dugan and Fergo ousted too. Watch this space.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:21 pm

mickspicks wrote:100% Footy and Gus is eluding that Freddy is gonna pick a clean slate for NSW. What’s the bet Teddy Tedesco isn’t picked? JTurbo and TTurbo are gonna be in there for sure, Jake captain material. You heard it here first. Jackson will be there too I reckon. Dugan and Fergo ousted too. Watch this space.

How is Jackson clean slate? He's been there before... And Gus is a muppet anyways.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon May 14, 2018 11:24 pm

I think I got to everyone right lads? Anyone I missed?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Mearcats wrote:

How is Jackson clean slate? He's been there before... And Gus is a muppet anyways.

Something about Freddy looking for attitude and what people say. Jackson talks the talk and I reckon fits Freddy’s mould. Should he be there? Nah. Will he be there? I think so.

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 4:01 am