NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 32 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Milchcow Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:00 pm

I'd probably start with Crichton in 18 and HTW in 19

Just because of the tight timeframe, probably safer to have Crichton as the default scorer in case you can't switch (unless you think HTW is more likely to score highly, in which case,leave it as is)
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 32 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:12 pm

BCT05 wrote:As a rookie looper can someone please review this set up for me?

I would see HTF's score and if I like it then would do nothing, and if I don't like it then would switch Crichton and Williame before the Panthers game? Is that right? Is there a better way?

Cheers

As an alternative you could set your team up like this

Smith
    Hass Fotuaika
    Yeo Jurbo Katoa
    Paix Moses
    Best Capewell
    Ponga Drinkwater Williame

Koro
    Carrigan
    Grant
    Rudolf
    HTF
    Crichton
    Kennedy
    Luai

You can then watch both games and see both players scores.

If HTF is the higher scorer you don't have to do anything. At the end of the round HTF will sub into Williame's position.
    If Crichton is the higher scorer then you will have to swap Williame with Best before the Knights/Storm match. At the end of the round Crichton will sub into Williame's new position in the CTR's.

If they both put up crappy scores then you can put Kennedy back in the starting team in place of Williame and hope he is a late inclusion

Good luck with your looping

Last edited by Cookie Monster on Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:47 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

As an alternative you could set your team up like this

Smith
    Hass Fotuaika
    Yeo Jurbo Katoa
    Paix Moses
    Best Capewell
    Ponga Drinkwater Williame

Koro
    Carrigan
    Grant
    Rudolf
    HTF
    Crichton
    Kennedy
    Luai

You can then watch both games and see both players scores.

If HTF is the higher scorer you don't have to do anything. At the end of the round HTF will sub into Williame's position.
    If Crichton is the higher scorer then you will have to swap Williame with Best before the Knights/Raiders match. At the end of the round Crichton will sub into Williame's new position in the CTR's.

If they both put up crappy scores then you can put Kennedy back in the starting team in place of Williame and hope he is a late inclusion

Good luck with your looping

Ahh I like that. Thanks mate!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:57 pm

code delta wrote:Not sure why people are playing loops this early??

I've had the plodder Musgrove since day dot, now that he's back I will have Williame. Trades too maxed out to switch like for like

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:00 pm

EJ24 wrote:How is everyone looping Williame this week?

Luai, Chrichton in 19 and Williame in 21 (Fui in Ctr)

Luai gangbusters can trade out any of my 14-17 to Williame and take his score ,which would likely be Flano (Grant,Koro,Munster)

Crichton gangbusters then I chuck Williame into centre at the expense of Fui

neither - then as lined up 1-17

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:43 pm

after reading some more of this thread realised the true value of having Williame in the 13. Now have him at CTR with Fui on bench as I didnt previously have 2rf cover just in case anything went down (or Kearney Fs with Katoa)

This shit is so fun
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:05 pm

With my recent change of plans for trades (changed plans from buying Best/Cleary to Paix/Teddy), I've abandoned my 3-factor loop strategy that I posted about before. Instead, I've got only one loop set up here. With my current setup of Lomax and Wiliame, I can freely swap them around, and use that to pick the best scorer out of Drinkwater and S Crichton, even after both have played. If Wiliame is at CTR, Crichton gets looped, while if he is at WFB, Drinkwater gets looped.

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 32 Captur12

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:58 am

Bethany_B wrote:With my recent change of plans for trades (changed plans from buying Best/Cleary to Paix/Teddy), I've abandoned my 3-factor loop strategy that I posted about before. Instead, I've got only one loop set up here. With my current setup of Lomax and Wiliame, I can freely swap them around, and use that to pick the best scorer out of Drinkwater and S Crichton, even after both have played. If Wiliame is at CTR, Crichton gets looped, while if he is at WFB, Drinkwater gets looped.

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 32 Captur12

If you want to get super technical and have nothing but time, I think what you could also do is.....

If Drinkwater completely bombs it (to the point where you are 99% sure Crichton will go better), then once Drinky has played, you can swap Crichton into WFB/CTR.

Then, if Luia/Mann absolutely smashes out a 70+, then you can use Williame (now in the 21) to trade out for someone from your 14-17 like Rudolf (who might get 50, but probably not 70 without a meat pie).

You have an added element of risk with Crichton ending up worse than drinky, but with the added reward of backdooring your way to a Luai masterclass that would otherwise smash your worst expected 14-17 score.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi all, I think I have a solid understanding of how loopholing works, but perhaps lack creativity and inspiration at times. Anyone want to have a crack at this? I'm likely to have Magoulias and Wiliame as my red dots and want to set up a double loop.

Cook
    Haas Carrigan
    Murray Matterson Leilua
    Moses Paix
    Crichton Best
    Ponga Pappy Drinky

Api Grant Katoa Rudolf

Mann Luai Magoo Wiliame.

Thoughts? And thanks!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Mulvy wrote:Hi all, I think I have a solid understanding of how loopholing works, but perhaps lack creativity and inspiration at times. Anyone want to have a crack at this? I'm likely to have Magoulias and Wiliame as my red dots and want to set up a double loop.

Cook
    Haas Carrigan
    Murray Matterson Leilua
    Moses Paix
    Crichton Best
    Ponga Pappy Drinky

Api Grant Katoa Rudolf

Mann Luai Magoo Wiliame.

Thoughts? And thanks!

No ctr/wfb cover so no point having Wiliame in 13.

Could put Wiliame 16 Magoo 17 Katoa 18 Luai 19 and Mann 20 and Rudolf 21 (order of play)

Katoa scores good then you can leave as is and he subs in. He plays poos then you can sub Mann or Luai ahead if confident they will beat his score.

Luai plays next again see where he ends up. Can still sub in either Mann or Rudolf (ahead of one or both)

Mann might not even play he can go next and if starting can put him in if confident again he could beat Luia and or Katoa (Luia could go to 15 or 16 it wouldn't matter too much I suppose)

Then Rudolf is last, as your original 17 pick you should be able to assess if your other 2 best have shit the bed he can come into the 17 (might be at the expense of Katoa)

If super confident in Katoa can put him in 16 shuffle everyone down and try and get the better of Luai / Rudolf (or stab at Mann ) ??

TLDR.
    Look at Katoa
    Than look at Luai
    Then add Mann at the expense of one of them (if you want)
    Then add Rudolph at the expense of the two worst (and ordered - also if you want)

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:08 pm

Bit of guesswork There Mulvy cant guarantee the best outcome but you can make educated guesses on if you think x beats y and/or z
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 pm

First time looper - am I understanding this right? Have Wiliame at 17, with Paix at 18, Brailey at 19, S Chriton at 20, and Guler at 21.

Do you take any of those up to 17, or accept Paix's score of 34.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:02 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:First time looper - am I understanding this right? Have Wiliame at 17, with Paix at 18, Brailey at 19, S Chriton at 20, and Guler at 21.

Do you take any of those up to 17, or accept Paix's score of 34.

So if you leave as is, you get Paix 34.

Otherwise you can swap any of those players with Wiliame and get their score.

So basically if you’re confident they can beat 34, switch them. I personally think Brailey would get past it. not by that much, but I would put him in 17. Up to you though
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:05 am

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 32 0671a110

Here’s a cheeky little loop I have to set my heart fluttering for this week. Also made possible by 600k ITB.

Drinkwater in 19 can swing as either my HLF or WFB score depending on whether I put Luai or Crichton into 18.

If I use him as my HLF I can turn Williame into Teddy.
    If I use him as my WFB I can turn Walters into Cleary.

Likely what I will do is if Drinky gets a good score I will use him as my half, move Crichton into 18 to peak at his score and bring in Teddy for Williame if Crichton fails too.

If Drinky Fails I will bring Luai to 18 for a peak and buy Teddy for Williame. If Luai also fails I will put Fogarty in for Walters

If Drinkwater and Crichton both kill it- I will be awful tempted to kill off a cash cow spot by turning Fogarty into Cook to replace Rudolph at 17. This makes no strategic sense of course, it would really just to be for my own hubris for later when I think about this loop whilst I masterbate furiously. Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 32 424281459
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:04 pm

If I set up like this

Williame Best
    Turbo Papa Lomax

Grant
    Carrigan
    Katoa
    Fui
    Paix
    S Crichton

Is it correct that I can have a look at Crichton's score if he does well leave as is and Chrichton will sub on for Williame.

If he does poorly I can sub Williame for Fui then take Paix's 35 ?

I would also need to switch Lomax and Williame so that he would become a wfb not a ctr ?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:52 pm

B/L wrote:If I set up like this

Williame Best
    Turbo Papa Lomax

Grant
    Carrigan
    Katoa
    Fui
    Paix
    S Crichton

Is it correct that I can have a look at Crichton's score if he does well leave as is and Chrichton will sub on for Williame.

If he does poorly I can sub Williame for Fui then take Paix's 35 ?

I would also need to switch Lomax and Williame so that he would become a wfb not a ctr ?

If left as is Fui is highest ctr and would sub in first. If Crichton does well (more than 35) and u want him then swap lomax to Ctr and Williame to WFB as then and Crichton will sub in as your valid WFB and will be worth more than Paix
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:55 pm

cheers thats what i thought.
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:54 am

Sorry im really struggling to understand this lol... I have horsbra in my 13 and have rudolf as first emergency sub. Will i get rudolfs score? this might be a really dumb question...
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:15 am

sgdragons10 wrote:Sorry im really struggling to understand this lol... I have horsbra in my 13 and have rudolf as first emergency sub. Will i get rudolfs score? this might be a really dumb question...

If you have Horsburgh at FRF, you get Rudolf

If you have Horsburgh at 2RF, and have another 2RF at 14-17, you get Rudolf

If you have Horsburgh at 2RF, and no 2RF 14-17, you don’t get Rudolf. You either get 2RF at 19-21 or no replacement.

sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:34 pm

robelgordo wrote:

If you have Horsburgh at FRF, you get Rudolf

If you have Horsburgh at 2RF, and have another 2RF at 14-17, you get Rudolf

If you have Horsburgh at 2RF, and no 2RF 14-17, you don’t get Rudolf. You either get 2RF at 19-21 or no replacement.

Cheers mate

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 pm