NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 33 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:10 pm

Alright fellow scum. How do I best set this team up?

Cook
    Mofo Haas
    Horse Lolo Lucy
    Moses Mann
    Talau Mitchell
    Papi ponga shibasaki

Api Grant paix carrigan

Luai (plays first so free look)
    Friend (most likely best score and move into INT3 if poor Luai score
    Do I then just have to guess ahead of cowboys playing whether I want HTF or rudolf?

Thanks legends
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 33 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:10 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Do I then just have to guess ahead of cowboys playing whether I want HTF or rudolf?

With the composition of your outside backs, yes, you will have to guess between them

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:Alright fellow scum. How do I best set this team up?

Cook
    Mofo Haas
    Horse Lolo Lucy
    Moses Mann
    Talau Mitchell
    Papi ponga shibasaki

Api Grant paix carrigan

Luai (plays first so free look)
    Friend (most likely best score and move into INT3 if poor Luai score

Thanks legends

If you're not planning to put the captains arm-band on Cook you could set your team as follows:

Mann
    Mofo Haas
    Horse Lolo Carrigan    
    Moses Paix      
    Talau Mitchell
    Papi Ponga Shibasaki

Api
    Cook
    Grant
    Lucy
    Friend
    Luai
    HTF
    Rudolf

After Luai and Friend have played you will have 4 options to choose between:

if Friend and Luai both put up good scores - do nothing (at the end of the round Luai will sub in for Paix, Lucy will sub in for Carrigan, and Friend will move up to 17)
    If Friend is good and Luai is bad - swap Mann and Paix, swap HTF/Rudolf and Lucy (at the end of the round Api will sub in for Paix, Cook Grant and HTF/Rudolf will all move up one spot bringing Friend into 17, Lucy will sub in for Carrigan)
    If Friend is bad and Luai is good - swap HTF/Rudolf and Lucy (at the end of the round Luai will sub in for Paix, Lucy will sub in for Carrigan)
    If Friend and Luai both suck - swap Mann and Paix, then swap Paix with Grant, then swap Paix with HTF, swap Rudolf and Lucy (at the end of the round Lucy will sub in for Carrigan)

Good luck
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:29 pm

ill be swapping turbo for fogarty this week, if fogarty loses his job to roberts will i still be able to trade turbo out for talau (Tigers and manly play after titans) or will it be locked?
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:32 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

With the composition of your outside backs, yes, you will have to guess between them

If you're not planning to put the captains arm-band on Cook you could set your team as follows:

Mann
    Mofo Haas
    Horse Lolo Carrigan    
    Moses Paix      
    Talau Mitchell
    Papi Ponga Shibasaki

Api
    Cook
    Grant
    Lucy
    Friend
    Luai
    HTF
    Rudolf

After Luai and Friend have played you will have 4 options to choose between:

if Friend and Luai both put up good scores - do nothing (at the end of the round Luai will sub in for Paix, Lucy will sub in for Carrigan, and Friend will move up to 17)
    If Friend is good and Luai is bad - swap Mann and Paix, swap HTF/Rudolf and Lucy (at the end of the round Api will sub in for Paix, Cook Grant and HTF/Rudolf will all move up one spot bringing Friend into 17, Lucy will sub in for Carrigan)
    If Friend is bad and Luai is good - swap HTF/Rudolf and Lucy (at the end of the round Luai will sub in for Paix, Lucy will sub in for Carrigan)
    If Friend and Luai both suck - swap Mann and Paix, then swap Paix with Grant, then swap Paix with HTF, swap Rudolf and Lucy (at the end of the round Lucy will sub in for Carrigan)

Good luck

Some kind of evil genius work that is. A work of art. Thank you!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 pm

sgdragons10 wrote:ill be swapping turbo for fogarty this week, if fogarty loses his job to roberts will i still be able to trade turbo out for talau (Tigers and manly play after titans) or will it be locked?

You could be able to reverse and change to Talau if you do it before the Titans kickoff... but it depends on a few factors. Positions - much easier to reverse if you made the trade of Turbo on your bench to Fog on your bench. If you moved them around other locked players can prevent the reversal. Also if you have another trade and how it relates e.g. if some of the money saved for Trbo -> Fog has gone into funding the other trade and it locks first, you probably can’t reverse.

If you want to post your setup, I can tell you for sure.
    sgdragons10
    sgdragons10

Post by sgdragons10 Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:47 pm

robelgordo wrote:

You could be able to reverse and change to Talau if you do it before the Titans kickoff... but it depends on a few factors. Positions - much easier to reverse if you made the trade of Turbo on your bench to Fog on your bench. If you moved them around other locked players can prevent the reversal. Also if you have another trade and how it relates e.g. if some of the money saved for Trbo -> Fog has gone into funding the other trade and it locks first, you probably can’t reverse.

If you want to post your setup, I can tell you for sure.

Thanks for ur help!! My team is as follows:
    McInnes
    Haas horsey
    Lolo yeo matterson (will be traded in) for katoa
    Moses Fogarty (will be traded in for turbo
    Lomax averillo
    Pap tabuaifidow Tedesco
    Grant api rudolf JTB
    Hopo luai carrigan paix

I’m assuming from what you have said I have used some of the money to put into matterson so therefore will not be able to reverse the trade? Trades are so tough this week man. Still thinking of reversing from matterson go cleary and signing talau. So tough but any help is appreciated!!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:47 am

sgdragons10 wrote:

Thanks for ur help!! My team is as follows:
    McInnes
    Haas horsey
    Lolo yeo matterson (will be traded in) for katoa
    Moses Fogarty (will be traded in for turbo
    Lomax averillo
    Pap tabuaifidow Tedesco
    Grant api rudolf JTB
    Hopo luai carrigan paix

I’m assuming from what you have said I have used some of the money to put into matterson so therefore will not be able to reverse the trade? Trades are so tough this week man. Still thinking of reversing from matterson go cleary and signing talau. So tough but any help is appreciated!!

Money is the issue, Katoa trade will have locked.

Also I think you’d have to swap Paix into HLF then reverse from the bench (Luai will have locked)

Might be worth having a play and seeing if you can reverse the one trade, but I think it’s doubtful
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:31 am

Have only looped once before, and want to make sure I have this right:

Grant
    Haas, D Saifiti
    Jurbo, Horse, Lucy
    Moses, Pearce
    Ramien, Best
    HTF, Ponga, Pappy

Rudolf, J Saifiti, JTF, Paix
    Brailey, Guler, S Crichton, Talau

Current two loops are:
    Best to Crichton if I like his score, or Talau if I don't, and
    Paix to Guler if I like his score, or Brailey if I don't

Does that work? Is that the best I can do with this bunch?

The other loop I see is to start Talau, and loop Best at WFB to S Crichton if I like his score, or HTF if I don't. Does that seem better than the CTR loop?

Cheers
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:40 am

How the fuck do I loop when I don't have 17 ?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:44 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:Have only looped once before, and want to make sure I have this right:

Grant
    Haas, D Saifiti
    Jurbo, Horse, Lucy
    Moses, Pearce
    Ramien, Best
    HTF, Ponga, Pappy

Rudolf, J Saifiti, JTF, Paix
    Brailey, Guler, S Crichton, Talau

Current two loops are:
    Best to Crichton if I like his score, or Talau if I don't, and
    Paix to Guler if I like his score, or Brailey if I don't

Does that work? Is that the best I can do with this bunch?

The other loop I see is to start Talau, and loop Best at WFB to S Crichton if I like his score, or HTF if I don't. Does that seem better than the CTR loop?

Cheers

I think you need to swap Guler and Brailey for the bench loop.

Both the current CTR loop and WFB loops work. Really just depends on whether you trust HTF or Talau as a guaranteed score more. Based on main thread talk, majority prefer Talau. I personally prefer HTF. Whichever you prefer, don't loop i.e. if you like Talau, setup the WFB loop.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:49 am

robelgordo wrote:

I think you need to swap Guler and Brailey for the bench loop.

Both the current CTR loop and WFB loops work. Really just depends on whether you trust HTF or Talau as a guaranteed score more. Based on main thread talk, majority prefer Talau. I personally prefer HTF. Whichever you prefer, don't loop i.e. if you like Talau, setup the WFB loop.

Ah yes, Raiders play first - good catch, thanks. I think I'll call Talau the safer of the two, HTF's first half last week gave me a scare.
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Hey guys ! Can anyone verify this loop is setup correctly?

Cook
    Rudolf Haas
    Lolo Murray Matterson
    Moses Cleary
    Williame Mitchell
    Htf Papy Drinkwater

Koro Grant Fogarty Paix

Luai Crichton Nui Carrigan

If Luai scores well leave him as is. If he doesnt and scores less than Crichton move Nui in to #17

If crichton gets a shit score swap nui with Williame

Is this right? lol!

Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:06 pm

Yeah that will work, although I can't imagine you will net too many extra points with the best two of those players

Good luck
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:23 pm

I have a pretty cool loop I can set up this week, allowing me to see scores before deciding which scores I want to retain / drop.

Team setup is:
    Grant
    Haas Mofo
    SMat (CTR/2RF) Hess Carrigan
    Cleary Flanagan
    Mitchell (Wiliame)
    Teddy Ponga (HTF)

Yeo Robson Kerr (Moses)
    Koro Sironen (2RF) Niu (CTR) Crichton (CTR/WFB)

I have 3 NPRs, with Moses positioning already pulling up the Koro score. There are 2 remaining players to come in from Niu, Crichton, Sironen.

I can see Crichton and Niu play first to know their scores before making a decision.

Scenario A - If Niu scores great and Crichton scores badly, I can switch Matautia and Sironen, then switch Mitchell and Matautia, to get the scores of Niu and Sironen.

Scenario B - If Crichton scores great and Niu scores badly, I can switch Matautia and Sironen, to get the scores of Crichton and Sironen.

Scenario C - If both Crichton and Niu score great, I can leave it as is and get the scores of both Crichton and Niu

Love having the flexibility of SMat to help make these options work.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:56 pm

mattnz wrote:I have a pretty cool loop I can set up this week, allowing me to see scores before deciding which scores I want to retain / drop.

Team setup is:
    Grant
    Haas Mofo
    Cleary Flanagan
    Mitchell (Wiliame)
    Teddy Ponga (HTF)

Yeo Robson Kerr (Moses)

I have 3 NPRs, with Moses positioning already pulling up the Koro score. There are 2 remaining players to come in from Niu, Crichton, Sironen.

I can see Crichton and Niu play first to know their scores before making a decision.

Scenario A - If Niu scores great and Crichton scores badly, I can switch Matautia and Sironen, then switch Mitchell and Matautia, to get the scores of Niu and Sironen.

Scenario B - If Crichton scores great and Niu scores badly, I can switch Matautia and Sironen, to get the scores of Crichton and Sironen.

Scenario C - If both Crichton and Niu score great, I can leave it as is and get the scores of both Crichton and Niu

This is surely needlessly complicated. You only have one NPR who isn’t a red dot anyway. Niu vs Crichton is the only call you have to make

Grant
    Haas Mofo
    Yeo Hess Carrigan
    Cleary Flanagan
    Smat Crichton/Niu
    Teddy Ponga Mitchell

Koro Robson Kerr Sironen
    Wiliame HTF Moses Niu/Crichton
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:01 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

This is surely needlessly complicated. You only have one player who isn’t NPR anyway. Niu vs Crichton is the only call you have to make

Grant
    Haas Mofo
    Yeo Hess Carrigan
    Cleary Flanagan
    Smat Crichton/Niu
    Teddy Ponga Mitchell

Koro Robson Kerr Sironen
    Wiliame HTF Moses Niu/Crichton

Hi Pookus,

You are entirely missing the point. This is how most players set up the loop and it is the wrong way to do it.

In my setup, I get to see both Crichton's and Niu's scores first, then decide if I want:
    A) just Crichton's score;
    B) just Niu's score; or
    C) both Crichton and Niu's score (instead of the unknown Sironen score that comes with A and B).

In a perfect setup, where the loop (Wiliame) plays late in the round, you can see all play, then choose which scores you want to keep / drop.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:04 pm

mattnz wrote:I have a pretty cool loop I can set up this week, allowing me to see scores before deciding which scores I want to retain / drop.

Team setup is:
    Grant
    Haas Mofo
    Cleary Flanagan
    Mitchell (Wiliame)
    Teddy Ponga (HTF)

Yeo Robson Kerr (Moses)

So you are trying for the best 2 of 3 but have all 3 options available to choose from overnight. Not bad.

Do you have a magic Sironen number you want them to score more or less than ?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Andy V wrote:

So you are trying for the best 2 of 3 but have all 3 options available to choose from overnight. Not bad.

Do you have a magic Sironen number you want them to score more or less than ?
    Hard to tell, would ideally like to see the make up of Souths likely final 17 before deciding on that.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:31 pm

Team setup is:
    Grant
    Haas Mofo
    Cleary Flanagan
    Mitchell (Wiliame)
    Teddy Ponga (HTF)

Yeo Robson Kerr (Moses)

HTF is locked out and Crichton is your only WFB. Aside from making a trade you get his score whether you like it or not
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:18 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

HTF is locked out and Crichton is your only WFB. Aside from making a trade you get his score whether you like it or not
    No, Mitchell is also a WFB, in scenario A I get his score instead of Crichton. To make certain of it I could swap Mitchell with Ponga, to ensure that Mitchell potentially being used as a CTR instead isn't an issue.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:54 am