NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 18 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:30 pm

Hi all! I might need some help with loop strategy when I figure out who is still alive in my team. Thanks in advance!
    code delta
    code delta

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 18 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by code delta Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Chewie wrote:I was going to loop, but now I only have 17  Rolling Laugh 

Rip

This made me smile. Then I looked at my team. Crying or Very sad At least I can loophole pretend with 18.
    rectangle
    rectangle

Post by rectangle Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:21 pm

I’ve had a complete mind blank and drawing nothing from the first page explanation.

I’m keeping burns and wanting to loop Rava / Kahu. Do I put burns in the playing 13 to loop?
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:47 pm

rectangle wrote:I’ve had a complete mind blank and drawing nothing from the first page explanation.

I’m keeping burns and wanting to loop Rava / Kahu. Do I put burns in the playing 13 to loop?

All good.

Burns in you starting WFB slot

No WFB in your 14, 15, 16, 17

Someone at 18 from Eels, Sharks, Storm, Dogs, Knights or Dragons that isn't a WFB
    Kahu at 19
    Rava at 20

Burns locks out first and looks for a replacement winger/fullback. The first available is Kahu at 19.
    You watch Kahu play on Saturday afternoon.

If you want to keep Kahus score you do nothing.

If you want Ravas score you swap Rava with player 18 so that Burns AE is Rava.

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Did anyone ever get clarification from Fanhub on what happens when I have Hughes HLF/WFB in my 14 slot, and have loops in both HLF and WFB, which way will he get looped, as it will impact which others below him also get looped, either a HLF or a WFB.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:48 pm

I know someone did it and I can't remember if it was @Milchy or yourself @mattnz that had a whole team of DPP players and red dots and were checking the logic at the beginning of last year. Can't find it myself but from memory it checks it in position order (HOK, FRF, 2RF, HLF, CTR, WFB, Bench).

So in your case if you had Hughes at 14 and a red dot hlf and wfb it'd pull Hughes as a half first.

If you are going to attempt this I'd take the time to go digging back to the old threads from last year. This was research done in the first few rounds last year.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:03 pm

It was never confirmed by fanhub, but my belief is that Hughes will fill the spot of whoever didn't play first.

Eg Hughes would replace Keighran over Burns.
    But Burns over Brown.

This is not a confirmed answer so please don't take it as gospel. I did manage last year to get a FRF/2RF player to sub in as both FRF and 2RF as first sub at various times.

I suspect the A+ geniuses at Fanhub don't even know the answer themselves. They didn't give me anything useful when i asked themm the question.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:22 pm

Milchy wrote:
    It was never confirmed by fanhub, but my belief is that Hughes will fill the spot of whoever didn't play first.

Eg Hughes would replace Keighran over Burns.
    But Burns over Brown.

This is not a confirmed answer so please don't take it as gospel. I did manage last year to get a FRF/2RF player to sub in as both FRF and 2RF as first sub at various times.

I suspect the A+ geniuses at Fanhub don't even know the answer themselves. They didn't give me anything useful when i asked themm the question.

Really helpful Milchy thanks, you are a star. Burns over Brown it is then. This is going to be a crazy complex round to work it all out then. Will have 2 red dots, one at HLF and another at WFB (Burns that could also become CTR instead) and have both Ponga and Hughes as HLF/WFB to play around with, along with multiple other duals covering these positions.

Have worked out I am likely best to play Arrow at 18 (in case he is injured and scores poorly again), in which case I can avoid getting his score, and Carty at 21, who we could all be totally wrong on, and either avoid or get his score too. Ideally they both play great and I get both their scores and my 2 actual non players for the round would be Ravalawa and Sivo.

While it isn't ideal for this round, I can see that looping is going to be lots of fun in future rounds with so many duals to play around with: Ponga, Hughes, Carty, Nikora, Bateman, Ravalawa, Burns.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:28 pm

To muddy the waters even more

I think (you've got me doubting myself now Milchy) the order of substitution is based on your team line-up priority. The AE substitutions will always try to give you the highest positioned substitutes it can, taking player positions into account.

Using Matts post as an example (and moving his HLF/WFB to position 18)

You may have:

Position 18 : HLF/WFB
    Position 19 : HLF
    Position 20 : WFB

and no other HLF's or WFB's in positions 14 through to 17.

Now if you have a HLF and a WFB in your starting 13 who drop out and score no points, the HLF/WFB will be substituted into the WFB position in the starting team and the HLF in position 19 will substitute into the HLF position in the starting team
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:51 am

I think Capt. is referring to me. I sent them a specific scenario using player names and positions in an email to Failhub asking "what would happen in this scenario" It may have even been before kick off round 1. The response I got was there are too many variables to know, Which was bullshit and basically ment they didn't know how their coding would operate because they had the names, positions and scenario.
    Murphsky
    Murphsky

Post by Murphsky Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:48 am

Hey guys I think I am understanding looping correctly is this how I would loop Dylan brown with K.Staggs and H.Sele? Only doing it beacuse I had 3 players out this week and thought I might aswell make the use of it while I can.
    Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 18 Loopin13[/url]
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:05 pm

Murphsky wrote:Hey guys I think I am understanding looping correctly is this how I would loop Dylan brown with K.Staggs and H.Sele? Only doing it beacuse I had 3 players out this week and thought I might aswell make the use of it while I can.

That's pretty close to the way you set it up, but not quite right.

Set your bench as follows

McCullough
    Napa
    Taupau
    Brown
    Staggs
    Sele
    Ravalawa
    Burns

After the Bronco's play on Thursday night check Staggs score. If he gets a good score you don't have to do anything. At the end of the round Staggs will substitute into Brown's position.
    If Staggs gets a bad score then move Sele into Brown's position before the Panthers game. You will then get his score.

Good luck
    Mac Attack

Post by Mac Attack Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:56 pm

Im double looping this week.

Burns can loop me Bird or Ravalawa’s score
    Brown can loop me Sele or Host’s score

Feels good
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Greetings vile ones.

Teddy, Eddy, Burns at WFB

Bench - Capewell, Garner, Lawrie, Xerri

18 - Friend
    19 - Host
    20 - Sivo
    21 - Rava

If Sivo goes bust, then I swap Host and Rava??

Hope that's works out?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Greetings vile ones.

Teddy, Eddy, Burns at WFB

Bench - Capewell, Garner, Lawrie, Xerri

18 - Friend
    19 - Host
    20 - Sivo
    21 - Rava

If Sivo goes bust, then I swap Host and Rava??

Hope that's works out?

Yes that works
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:02 am

Question, you can't really loop twice if both your red dots are in your 14-21 hey? Say two halves and the only way to loop is through the bench?
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:27 am

wolfking wrote:Question, you can't really loop twice if both your red dots are in your 14-21 hey?  Say two halves and the only way to loop is through the bench?

No, it's not really practical doing it this way. However, it should be possible to stick one (or both) of those halves into the starting team and still do some double looping. Throw up your team and I'll have a look and see what can be done
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:07 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

No, it's not really practical doing it this way. However, it should be possible to stick one (or both) of those halves into the starting team and still do some double looping. Throw up your team and I'll have a look and see what can be done

I'm looking at Morris to Carty and Burns to Rein at the moment which isn't ideal as I'm left with Brown and Keighan.

Macca
    Fifi Tauapu
    Murray Arrow Bateman
    Morgan Carty
    Capewell Nikora
    Sivo CNK Edwards

Rein Mahoney Garner Lawrie

Bird Rava Brown Keighan

Still could possible keep Morris or Burns though and trade Macca or Mahoney though.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:36 am

wolfking wrote:

I'm looking at Morris to Carty and Burns to Rein at the moment which isn't ideal as I'm left with Brown and Keighan.

Macca
    Fifi Tauapu
    Murray Arrow Bateman
    Morgan Carty
    Capewell Nikora
    Sivo CNK Edwards

Rein Mahoney Garner Lawrie

Bird Rava Brown Keighan

Still could possible keep Morris or Burns though and trade Macca or Mahoney though.

You could set your team as follows:

Macca
    Fifi Tauapu
    Murray Arrow Bateman
    Keighan Carty
    Capewell Nikora
    Sivo CNK Edwards

Rein Mahoney Morgan Brown

Bird Garner Lawrie Rava

After the Broncos game check Birds score. If it is shit you may as well swap Garner into Morgan's position and Lawrie (or Rava) into Brown's position.
    If Bird gets a good score do nothing until the Tigers have played. If Garner gets a good score, do nothing. At the end of the round Morgan will move into the starting team and Bird and Garner will move into positions 16 and 17.
    If Garner craps the bed swap Lawrie (or Rava) with Brown. At the end of the round Morgan will move into the starting team, Lawrie will move up to 16 and Bird will move into poaition 17

Good luck with your looping if you decide to go through with it
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 am

Cookie Monster wrote:

You could set your team as follows:

Macca
    Fifi Tauapu
    Murray Arrow Bateman
    Keighan Carty
    Capewell Nikora
    Sivo CNK Edwards

Rein Mahoney Morgan Brown

Bird Garner Lawrie Rava

After the Broncos game check Birds score. If it is shit you may as well swap Garner into Morgan's position and Lawrie (or Rava) into Brown's position.
    If Bird gets a good score do nothing until the Tigers have played. If Garner gets a good score, do nothing. At the end of the round Morgan will move into the starting team and Bird and Garner will move into positions 16 and 17.
    If Garner craps the bed swap Lawrie (or Rava) with Brown. At the end of the round Morgan will move into the starting team, Lawrie will move up to 16 and Bird will move into poaition 17

Good luck with your looping if you decide to go through with it

You're a genius.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 am