NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 17 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:58 am

Loop Surgess or Arrow with Martin this week?

Thinking start Surgess and have a peek at Arrow. if Arrow sucks then give Martin a run (assuming Martin even plays)
    blaustinpowers
    blaustinpowers

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 17 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by blaustinpowers Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:26 am

Hey guys, coming in to my GF this week with no trades Embarassed
    Wanted to see if someone could run the rule over my current setup.. Ill have a free look at MBye but want to also have the option of playing Lewis if Mbye scores garbage. If MBye does in fact score bad and Im down in my matchup I'll likely sub Martin out for Lewis.

Theres also the Mcinnes factor (if he somehow doesn't play).

Will this setup give me the most flexibility?
    Cook
    Fifita, Taupau
    JTrbo, Chrichton, Tolo
    Cleary, DCE,
    Latrell, Cotric,
    Holmes, Teddy, RTS

1. Farah
    2. Lolo
    3. McInnes
    4. Martin
    --------------------
    5. Croker (red dot)
    6. Mbye
    7. Lewis
    8. C Thompson (red dot)
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:34 am

With Liddle hanging around at 17 or 18. Wouldn't it be better to have Farah at 5 and Mbye at 6 so you get a look at both ? I'm no stoolpooling expert, just putting it out there.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 am

Liddle has been playing for weeks, and Farah is still good for 40+.

I am more worried about Surgess/Arrow/Martin
    blaustinpowers
    blaustinpowers

Post by blaustinpowers Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:31 am

No Worries wrote:With Liddle hanging around at 17 or 18. Wouldn't it be better to have Farah at 5 and Mbye at 6 so you get a look at both ? I'm no stoolpooling expert, just putting it out there.

I think thats still a good shout as I assume Mcinnes plays. My opponent has farah and Im almost certain Farah will put up solid numbers but if theres an opportunity for me to gain a leg up on the off chance that Faz scores badly I could capitalise
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:06 pm

blaustinpowers wrote:Hey guys, coming in to my GF this week with no trades Embarassed
    Wanted to see if someone could run the rule over my current setup.

G'day mate. Before I weigh in on this one, who is Lolo? Is it Lolohea or someone else?
    blaustinpowers
    blaustinpowers

Post by blaustinpowers Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

G'day mate. Before I weigh in on this one, who is Lolo? Is it Lolohea or someone else?
    Hey mate, that would be Taumalolo
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:34 pm

blaustinpowers wrote:
    Hey mate, that would be Taumalolo

Then who is the Tolo in your starting team.
    blaustinpowers
    blaustinpowers

Post by blaustinpowers Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:41 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Then who is the Tolo in your starting team.
    Ahh yes I see. Replace one Tolo with a Hess. My mistake.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:20 pm

blaustinpowers wrote:Hey guys, coming in to my GF this week with no trades Embarassed
    Wanted to see if someone could run the rule over my current setup.. Ill have a free look at MBye but want to also have the option of playing Lewis if Mbye scores garbage. If MBye does in fact score bad and Im down in my matchup I'll likely sub Martin out for Lewis.

Theres also the Mcinnes factor (if he somehow doesn't play).

Will this setup give me the most flexibility?
    Cook
    Fifita, Taupau
    JTrbo, Chrichton, Tolo
    Cleary, DCE,
    Latrell, Cotric,
    Holmes, Teddy, RTS

1. Farah
    2. Lolo
    3. McInnes
    4. Martin
    --------------------
    5. Croker (red dot)
    6. Mbye
    7. Lewis
    8. C Thompson (red dot)

Now that the Tolo/Lolo mystery has been solved, I can point out that you're current setup will not allow you to get Mbye's score. You won't be able to move him after tonight's game and you won't be able to move another red dot (Thompson) in front of him.

You can do a loop with Mbye and RTS. To do this set your team as follows:

Cook
    Fifita, Taupau
    JTrbo, Chrichton, Hess
    Cleary, DCE,
    Latrell, Cotric,
    Holmes, Teddy, Thompson

1. Farah
    2. Lolo
    3. McInnes
    4. Martin
    --------------------
    5. Croker (red dot)
    6. Mbye
    7. RTS
    8. Lewis

If Mbye craps out tonight move RTS into Croker's position. Even if Mbye posts a score of 40 to 50 this can potentially be bettered by RTS, so you will probably have a tough decision to make here. I'd want a massive score from Mbye to forget about putting RTS in front of him.
    You may be able to get both players scores if Martin ends up being a late scratching anyway.

Good luck with your H2H
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Just bumping this onto the first page, as looping talk is not wanted in the main thread. (Mainly did it to brighten up Finchy's week after his terrible start to the fantasy season Wink )

For those of you who don't know what loopholing is, go to the first page of this thread and read Milchy's posts.

Any questions on how to set your team up to do the loop, should I take the score of player X over player Y, etc., should be asked in this thread.

Cheers
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:00 pm

Thanks Cookie! I was guilty of looping last weekend Twisted Evil got me a nice +25
    After seeing some big scores in my EMG I just couldn't help myself.
    Why not get a little boost in the all important round 1 ?
    Pat69err
    Pat69err

Post by Pat69err Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:30 am

Corey Allan a good loopholing? I currently have him in my emg.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:51 am

Pat69err wrote:Corey Allan a good loopholing? I currently have him in my emg.

Not this round as he plays the first game. But there are still options.
    But round 3 he's in the last game which is excellent
    Rounds 4 and 5 he's middle of the round which is alright.

Post your full team and I'll show you some options. It all depends on game timings and what players you have.

This week you'd be playing him in your starting 13 with 2 WFBs in your EMG. As a hypothetical example...

Starting WFB: Allan, RTS, Edwards

13-17 : No WFB

18: Napa
    19: Ravalawa
    20: Kahu

Allan would get a DNP and your 1st replacement WFB is Rava. After seeing Rava score 10 points you decide you want Kahus score so you'd swap Kahu and Napa before the cowboys or bulldogs play. Now Kahu is your 1st WFB replacement and you'll get his score. Conversely Rava scores 45 you leave your team as is and on Monday (start of last game) Rava's score is added to your total.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Bump
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:34 pm

Chewie wrote:Bump

Just in time for the Burns discussion.

With a 4 week injury, 100k still to make and playing the first bye round I will be using Burns to loophole Sivo/Rava/Edwards/CNK. TLT dependent of course but I think there is too much upside there for 4 weeks of WFB roulette to go against me.

awanamafia
    awanamafia

Post by awanamafia Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:03 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Just in time for the Burns discussion.

With a 4 week injury, 100k still to make and playing the first bye round I will be using Burns to loophole Sivo/Rava/Edwards/CNK. TLT dependent of course but I think there is too much upside there for 4 weeks of WFB roulette to go against me.

I'm of the same mind but am a bit stumped on how to loop Sivo/Rava since Burns plays first.

My Extended Bench : Burr / Keighran / Sivo / Ravalawa

Since Burns / Burr Keighran will all lock before Sivo / Ravalawa play, I'm not sure how to loop.. Unless I bench Lawrie for Burr/Keighran
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:16 am

I have to play Burr atm. Using Burns to loop Brown or Keighran. The call has to be made that night
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:51 pm

awanamafia wrote:

I'm of the same mind but am a bit stumped on how to loop Sivo/Rava since Burns plays first.

My Extended Bench : Burr / Keighran / Sivo / Ravalawa

Since Burns / Burr Keighran will all lock before Sivo / Ravalawa play, I'm not sure how to loop.. Unless I bench Lawrie for Burr/Keighran

Much like Rapture, your best bet is probably to put Burns into position 17 and have a look at Keighran's (or Burr's) score.

Edit: Scratch Keighran from this now
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:59 pm

I was going to loop, but now I only have 17  Rolling Laugh 

Rip

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 pm