NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:43 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

Walters (I think) was saying this week Boyd should go back to FB for the finals. Might be a good idea honestly. Isaako has only played 3 games at FB for us so it might be something Bennett reverts back to for the finals.

it's tough, we probably do lose a bit in attack with the current backline (though we did score 50 points just last week) but i'm not sure we win that game with the old one, Kahu and Isaako are a liability in defence at centre and wing respectively, and there was a kick Segyaro put in for Lewis that Isaako reacted to quickly and got back to cover, Boyd's strategy to defend those kicks this year has been to turn around only just in time to watch the opposing player put the ball down.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:12 am

I don't know. Originally I thought Moylan had eyes for the ball only, so... play on.

However, if it was an ATTACKING kick, and Moylan came through and did exactly the same thing, he'd have been penalized. is there weighting because of who kicked it?

Kind of sounds reasonable, if it's consistent.

But, holy hell - most contests are "jump up in the air" things. Those two hit each other at pace!!
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:20 am

I personally prefer the new arrangement and hope Bennett persists.

Regardless of whether it is Boyd or Isaako, the old 2nd man play round the back is too predictable and just too easily defended these days.

I think we are going to be more successful going through the guts or on the back of our 2nd phase play anyway, so let's persist with Isaako and it won't be too long before he starts getting his timing right on this.

Plus the bloke happens to be so, so solid at the back.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:56 am

Last edited by surmo13 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:52 am

surmo13 wrote:

collision in the air Laughing why bother actually watching when you can just jump on the bandwagon and make some shit up

So there wasnt a collision in the air??
    ookaaayyyyy

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:11 am

Why hasn't anyone mentioned that it is a Broncos player who upends Isaako ? No rule against 2 players making contact contesting a ball. If the Broncos player isnt there Isaako doesn't hit him and get upended. @surmo13 likened it to an attacking player falling and copping a head high. It's a penalty, too bad so sad for the defender. And I honestly bought the arguement and changed my mind for a bit. Now I've had another think and I'm going to liken it to a spear tackle when the 2nd man in puts the hand between the legs. The first bloke is not at fault. Same here, the first bloke didn't cause him to land in a dangerous position. Should have been knock on, scrum, Sharks feed.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:34 pm

No there wasn’t a collision in the air, Moylan never left the ground, and Moylan absolutely makes first contact with the legs of Isaako, take them out from under him and places him in that predicament.

You can not make contact with a player that puts them in a dangerous position, always has, always is and always will be a penalty, and as per usual, nobody’s had any problem with that until the penalty was given to us.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:55 pm

surmo13 wrote:No there wasn’t a collision in the air,  Moylan never left the ground, and Moylan absolutely makes first contact with the legs of Isaako, take them out from under him and places him in that predicament.

You can not make contact with a player that puts them in a dangerous position, always has, always is and always will be a penalty, and as per usual, nobody’s had any problem with that until the penalty was given to us.

Never said there was a collision in the air. Although watching in slow mo there is an extended swan lake type leap by Moylan. Question is, was it Moylan's contact that put him in the dangerous position or his team mates. That was my original point. Seems you're having trouble comprehending that because I feel like I'm repeating myself. . Would it be better if I got the Rock to explain it ?
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:34 pm

I've absolutely no drama with the penalty. Non deliberate contactby Moylan that put Isaako in a dangerous position purely by accident. That's a penalty.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:37 pm

Ice wrote:I've absolutely no drama with the penalty. Non deliberate contactby Moylan that put Isaako in a dangerous position purely by accident. That's a penalty.

Stop it!! You’re making too much sense. Anti broncos fans hate that would rather look for any reason to complain against them even if it was the correct call

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:33 pm

No Worries wrote:

Never said there was a collision in the air. Although watching in slow mo there is an extended swan lake type leap by Moylan. Question is, was it Moylan's contact that put him in the dangerous position or his team mates. That was my original point. Seems you're having trouble comprehending that because I feel like I'm repeating myself. . Would it be better if I got the Rock to explain it ?

collision in the air was referring to pieman, can't figure out how to quote on mobile so i condensed the two replies into one post.

as for your argument, Moylan's contact is a big part of the reason it end 's like it did, the contact that Isaako makes with Roberts is hip to head/shoulder, it's a contributing factor no doubt, he gets positioned almost like hes sitting on Roberts shoulder, but the dangerous nature of the fall comes from the way his legs get flung out from under him so much that his body twists in mid-air, Moylan is the only one of the two who makes any forceable contact with the legs.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:44 pm

i'll leave with this, in a hypothetical scenario, a halfback puts up a mid-field bomb, the fullback moves in to position himself under it as an edge forward who likes his chances of getting to it comes steamrolling in, eyes skyward, never taking his eyes of the ball, except he's misjudged it, gets there a bit early and shit-mixes the fullback just before the ball get's there, there not a person in the world who wouldn't call that a penalty, and it's functionally no different to the Moylan contact - just a guy with eyes only for the ball who initiates contact with another contesting player and in doing so accidentally commits an act of foul play.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:35 pm

surmo13 wrote:i'll leave with this, in a hypothetical scenario, a halfback puts up a mid-field bomb, the fullback moves in to position himself under it as an edge forward who likes his chances of getting to it comes steamrolling in, eyes skyward, never taking his eyes of the ball, except he's misjudged it, gets there a bit early and shit-mixes the fullback just before the ball get's there, there not a person in the world who wouldn't call that a penalty, and it's functionally no different to the Moylan contact - just a guy with eyes only for the ball who initiates contact with another contesting player and in doing so accidentally commits an act of foul play.

Why do you need a hypothetical scenario? there was a real one where it literally happened. lol. We arent talking about a different situation, we are talking about this one. That scenario is totally different too... hahah fuck me...

2 guys went for the ball, one went in harder and was penalised for it. there was a collision and one bloke fell awkwardly.
    Its as simple as that.

How you can say he isnt going for ball is beyond me, the bloke never takes his eyes off it, he has his hands out, he leaps for it forward, he would have caught it if Isaako didnt. Isaako jumps for it, catches it and lands on both Roberts and Moylan's shoulder and lands awkwardly.
    Thats the risk you take when you jump for the ball. He wasnt tackled in the air, it was a contest.

Its absolute crazy town to think its anything but IMO. It was an, "Oh thats ugly I better penalise someone" moment. Its as simple as that.

If you do nothing illegal and someone ends up in a "dangerous position" then fuck me... its unfortunate but its part of the game. Thats a risk you take when you contest a ball in the air. If he tackled him in the air, or speared him, or head highed him, or fly kicked him - yep penalty.

The same blokes in here arguing that Moylan did something illegal or put someone in a dangerous position and was deservedly penalised, are prob the same blokes who thought it was OK for slater to hang out boot out and sparta kick klemmer in the face. "its klemmers fault for running into the boot" "thats just his jumping style" etc.. fukin LOL
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:57 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Regardless of whether it is Boyd or Isaako, the old 2nd man play round the back is too predictable and just too easily defended these days.

I think we are going to be more successful going through the guts or on the back of our 2nd phase play anyway, so let's persist with Isaako and it won't be too long before he starts getting his timing right on this.

I hope we stick with Isaako. I just like hte idea of it better. If Boyd is ready to put his body on the line again, then it may not be such a bad thing if he goes back to FB in the finals. Who knows.

The biggest problem I see with our attack is there is too much going sideways whenever they shift wide. We need to straighten up the attack more often.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:20 am

my tv broke wrote:

I hope we stick with Isaako. I just like hte idea of it better. If Boyd is ready to put his body on the line again, then it may  not be such a bad thing if he goes back to FB in the finals. Who knows.

The biggest problem I see with our attack is there is too much going sideways whenever they shift wide. We need to straighten up the attack more often.

Reminds me of when we experimented with Hodges at FB (forced by injury) and just happened to win the comp.

Typical Bennett masterstroke.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:50 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Reminds me of when we experimented with Hodges at FB (forced by injury) and just happened to win the comp.

Typical Bennett masterstroke.

which if i'm not mistaken, also saw a struggling darius boyd move from fullback to the another position(was wing that season).
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:36 am

surmo13 wrote:

collision in the air was referring to pieman, can't figure out how to quote on mobile so i condensed the two replies into one post.

When you figure it out, let me know. I can't either
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:37 am

leaguegod wrote:

which if i'm not mistaken, also saw a struggling darius boyd move from fullback to the another position(was wing that season).

I thought it was due to a KHunt injury....

Yes I meant that.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:39 am

No Worries wrote:

When you figure it out, let me know. I can't either

I don't even bother with the mobile site and just request the desktop version if I am on my mobile.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:21 am

leaguegod wrote:

Hunt was the fullback moved to the wing. Boyd was wing the whole season - his first in the NRL.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:31 pm