NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Share
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 5059
    Reputation : 2069
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by No Worries on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:23 am

    Surely we cant let a week go by where we dont argue the same inane point adnauseum and all agree ?

    All you snowflakes carrying on about the nappa tackle. FAC stepped into it, every tackle is lead with the head because in a normal person it sticks out past the shoulders which you are trying to use to make contact with the attacker (unless he's on his side of the 50 in which case you are tackling the defender). Penalty was sufficean unfortunate head clash that is all. Cleared to play the finals.
    avatar
    Pain

    Posts : 2516
    Reputation : 655
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Pain on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:25 am

    @No Worries wrote:Surely we cant let a week go by where we dont argue the same inane point adnauseum and all agree ?

    All you snowflakes carrying on about the nappa tackle. FAC stepped into it, every tackle is lead with the head because in a normal person it sticks out past the shoulders which you are trying to use to make contact with the attacker (unless he's on his side of the 50 in which case you are tackling the defender). Penalty was sufficean unfortunate head clash that is all. Cleared to play the finals.
    Surprised you didn't ask why was play stopped?
    avatar
    Pain

    Posts : 2516
    Reputation : 655
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Pain on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:26 am

    Good win but seriously this talk now about titles is misguided and a little premature.
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 3484
    Reputation : 378
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:00 am

    @No Worries wrote:Surely we cant let a week go by where we dont argue the same inane point adnauseum and all agree ?

    All you snowflakes carrying on about the nappa tackle. FAC stepped into it, every tackle is lead with the head because in a normal person it sticks out past the shoulders which you are trying to use to make contact with the attacker (unless he's on his side of the 50 in which case you are tackling the defender). Penalty was sufficean unfortunate head clash that is all. Cleared to play the finals.

    Ah right so I guess both times Napa tackled like an absolute idiotic fuckwit this season on Sims and now Macca is was BOTH our players fault? Robinson blamed Sims the first time. Hilarious stuff from the haters as usual. Everything is always our fault, we get gifted every win etc etc.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1394
    Reputation : 347
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:52 pm

    Firstly, fucking awesome win by the boys.
    Our young forwards are playing so well (especially Fifita, the weapon) but I was particularly impressed by Milf's control and kicking game.

    As for that giant boofhead Napa, I feel the same way about this version as I did the previous one - just an unfortunate accident.

    Now as I said after the Sims tackle, I'm aware that by the letter of the law it was a correct call but I can't help but feel both teams are dudded in this scenario - Roosters play with 12 men for a period of the game and Broncos play with 16 men plus lose the bloke who touches the ball more than any other player on their team.

    My understanding is that the sin bin rule for serious misconduct was brought in (after the Storm lost Slater to Sia Soliola's hit) and that this should even out the ledger but to me it isn't like for like and it's a lottery as to who gets the advantage or disadvantage.

    The Broncos initially get an advantage for a crucial 10 mins but if they don't score enough in that period, then the Roosters have an advantage for the rest of the game.

    I'd prefer that the Roosters have to lose Napa for the match but can replace him on the field i.e. effectively drop down to 16 men also.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1841
    Reputation : 371
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 29

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:19 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    My understanding is that the sin bin rule for serious misconduct was brought in (after the Storm lost Slater to Sia Soliola's hit) and that this should even out the ledger but to me it isn't like for like and it's a lottery as to who gets the advantage or disadvantage.

    The Broncos initially get an advantage for a crucial 10 mins but if they don't score enough in that period, then the Roosters have an advantage for the rest of the game.

    I'd prefer that the Roosters have to lose Napa for the match but can replace him on the field i.e. effectively drop down to 16 men also.

    Nah, that rules been in the book for longer then Napa has been playing first grade.

    I dont mind the idea of tying the punishment of the offender to the injury of the victim in theory, but what if the next play, Cornder does the exact same thing and hits Lodge in the sternum? Lodge would (presumably) stay on the field and then youve got 2 players committing the same offence getting different punishments out of it.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 5059
    Reputation : 2069
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by No Worries on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:44 am

    @MilfordTheMagician wrote:

    Ah right so I guess both times Napa tackled like an absolute idiotic fuckwit this season on Sims and now Macca is was BOTH our players fault? Robinson blamed Sims the first time. Hilarious stuff from the haters as usual. Everything is always our fault, we get gifted every win etc etc.

    Bennett comes out crying it's Nappa's technique. He's just trying to deflect the spotlight. As you rightly point out it has only happened twice all season. Not once against any other side. The only common denominator is the Broncos. Clearly it is the running style and tactic of diving into tackles to get a quick play the ball or milk a penalty for a high shot that is being trained at the Broncos that is at fault here.
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 6272
    Reputation : 1394
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by my tv broke on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:46 am

    @Pain wrote:Good win but seriously this talk now about titles is misguided and a little premature.

    I agree. The big contenders are currently having their "down" period before the finals. They'll step it up once finals starts. I know we can play better, but I'm not sure we have it in us to execute for another 5 weeks straight.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2884
    Reputation : 299
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by Pieman on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:49 am

    He is going to be made an example of now because of greenberg and his comments after last time's accident.

    Personally I think they were somewhat different, the first one was more of an accidental head clash with Sims' late footwork.

    This one, mccullough doesnt move sideways and his shoulder and head hits him in the chin.
    He leads with his shoulder I reckon, and has his head down. There isnt really anywhere else he can put his head. Driving up, yep, its what you are taught to do.

    I dont see an issue with his style, the bloke has made what 4000 tackles in his career and he has had 2 of these shots end unfortunately for the attacker (or was Macca the defender).

    This one IMO was more of a miss-timed shot - penalty sufficient. Charged and facing 3 weeks, I mean fark. You have an attempted footy play getting charged with 3 weeks and you have guys throwing punches at each other last week who only get fines.

    It was a good win by the broncos.

    All this talk of bbqs and bennett - I still think its mostly fabricated just to draw attention away from his side.
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 6272
    Reputation : 1394
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : Fantasy Island

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by my tv broke on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 am

    @Pieman wrote:All this talk of bbqs and bennett - I still think its mostly fabricated just to draw attention away from his side.

    It is mostly media BS (heard this from someone close to White). They are still good mates, White and Bennett. The board does want a new coach from 2020 though.
    avatar
    MilfordTheMagician

    Posts : 3484
    Reputation : 378
    Join date : 2017-06-16
    Age : 27
    Location : Adelaide

    Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

    Post by MilfordTheMagician on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:28 am

    @No Worries wrote:

    Bennett comes out crying it's Nappa's technique. He's just trying to deflect the spotlight. As you rightly point out it has only happened twice all season. Not once against any other side. The only common denominator is the Broncos. Clearly it is the running style and tactic of diving into tackles to get a quick play the ball or milk a penalty for a high shot that is being trained at the Broncos that is at fault here.

    His technique is clearly rubbish, so he only has himself to blame. Deserves the suspension.

    -------

    http://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/viewtopic.forum?t=746

      Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:02 am