NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Dip

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Dip Wed May 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Pieman wrote:another player who is released by brisbane who goes on to play origin the next year. Another shocker of a decision by Bennett to let Arrow go and keep a spud like Sims or Average Glenn.

Nobody knows what the Titans were willing to pay though. For all we know to get somewhere near the Sims offer might have meant we lost guys like Sua, TPJ etc. Look at the Titan's roster. If they're spending the cap then there's obviously a few guys overpaid. For all we know they might have offered him $2m for his 3 year contract. Arrow has been killing it, but between McGuire and Sua, lock is not the reason we're outside the 8. Glenn would be on reasonable money, but has been one of our better, and more versatile performers the last 18 months. You wouldn't think Sims would be on significant money.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:34 pm

25 minutes of the best footy we’ve played all year, and then we allowed Cummins a chance to inject himself into the game, and he squeezed the life out of us, game over from here
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:32 am

surmo13 wrote:25 minutes of the best footy we’ve played all year, and then we allowed Cummins a chance to inject himself into the game, and he squeezed the life out of us, game over from here

65 minutes of the best footy Broncos have played all year, then FAC went off and the middle of the field turned into a giant turnstile. Few shockers yesterday, but Cummins didn't do that.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:24 pm

Yeah I choose not to blame the refs and blame the fact I've never seen a more mentally weak side against another side in the past decade for the loss. Also Bennett bringing McCullough off with 15 to go has to be the worst call he's ever made.

Great first 40 minutes, then capitulated as usual against the Storm. It never changes against them.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:47 pm

ryno_ wrote:

65 minutes of the best footy Broncos have played all year, then FAC went off and the middle of the field turned into a giant turnstile. Few shockers yesterday, but Cummins didn't do that.

few shockers? every 50/50 call went the Storm's way, and they even managed to get some of our 100/0 calls too, about the only call we got all day came from a touch judge because Cummins sure as shit wasn't going to blow it... sure, he can't miss tackles for us, but he can certainly permanently park the Storm in our attacking zone until we do, because that's exactly what he did. Made sure to rule correctly against us on a few things Melbourne got away with too, just in-case it was assumed he might be incompetent and just not know the rules, as opposed to being the straight-up cheating cunt he is.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:14 am

surmo13 wrote:

few shockers? every 50/50 call went the Storm's way, and they even managed to get some of our 100/0 calls too, about the only call we got all day came from a touch judge because Cummins sure as shit wasn't going to blow it... sure, he can't miss tackles for us, but he can certainly permanently park the Storm in our attacking zone until we do, because that's exactly what he did. Made sure to rule correctly against us on a few things Melbourne got away with too, just in-case it was assumed he might be incompetent and just not know the rules, as opposed to being the straight-up cheating cunt he is.

This is just so funny! Seriously, have a look at yourself. You're actually calling the ref a cheat. That will deadset do me. You donkey.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:59 am

Ice wrote:

This is just so funny! Seriously, have a look at yourself. You're actually calling the ref a cheat. That will deadset do me. You donkey.

any different to you morons that believe the #penaltybroncos horse-shit how? at least i have 55 minutes of complete and utter ref-fuckery nonsense to draw from, as opposed you lot trying to convince yourself that 100% correct calls made at the tail-end of a game were incorrect because of the team they were awarded to.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:44 am

surmo13 wrote:

any different to you morons that believe the #penaltybroncos horse-shit how? at least i have 55 minutes of complete and utter ref-fuckery nonsense to draw from, as opposed you lot trying to convince yourself that 100% correct calls made at the tail-end of a game were incorrect because of the team they were awarded to.

No Worries wrote:Obviously the bookies don't take into account referee appointments when setting the odds. Broncos at $2.25 going for 15 straight wins under Sutton.

55 minutes as opposed to 1200 minutes
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:47 am

surmo13 wrote:

Please find a post where I have supported #penaltybroncos (as funny as it might be) or have ever suggested refs are biased in favour of the Broncos. In fact find a post where I have ever really suggested refs were at fault for a win or loss or otherwise? I rarely comment on the refs and I think the amount of discussion about them is ruining the game, not the refs themselves.

I say to the people complaining and whinging constantly, which is many, go pick up a fucking whistle and have a crack yourself you wankers.

Ps, you're not a donkey, than was mean. Sorry.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:22 am

Ice wrote:

I was out on Sunday and listened to the game on the radio (and couldn't bear to watch the replay later on), so admittedly I haven't seen some of these dud call's.

But it was fairly clear from the commentary I was listening to, that these blokes (who aren't as biased as I 'might' be) thought the ref was having a deadset shocker and it was all in favour of the Storm.

If that was the case, I can understand the frustration but to be honest it wasn't a good sign that we appeared to lose the plot a bit.

Also, ridiculous to compare a game where we appeared to be completely dudded with a a statistical anomaly (Sutton) that nobody had even noticed (mainly because there were no howlers) before the coincidental stat was raised.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 am

Ice wrote:

Please find a post where I have supported #penaltybroncos (as funny as it might be) or have ever suggested refs are biased in favour of the Broncos. In fact find a post where I have ever really suggested refs were at fault for a win or loss or otherwise? I rarely comment on the refs and I think the amount of discussion about them is ruining the game, not the refs themselves.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/06/11/in-defence-of-referees/

I say to the people complaining and whinging constantly, which is many, go pick up a fucking whistle and have a crack yourself you wankers.

Ps, you're not a donkey, than was mean. Sorry.

Good article on exactly that yesterday by Mary (ladies who league)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:36 am

The refs were shit but so were we. I don't buy into the #refsfault crap in general, but some calls really did hurt us (as other calls have hurt other teams through out the year).

We were bloody rubbish in the second half though. Just crap. Looked lost. Halves provide no direction. Service from DH was terrible. And why the hell Macca would not play the final 15 is beyond me. If he was buggered from origin, he should have been spelled through the middle of the game.

Isaako dropping the ball on that run out of our own end probably hurt us the most. I don't blame the kid, it sucks, but it seemed like that was almost the "give up" moment for us. Otherwise we would have potentially marched up field and swung momentum our way. Any chance seemed dead at that point.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:11 pm

So that pass to Oates was backwards?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Honeysett wrote:So that pass to Oates was backwards?

Just like Maloney's
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Of course the pass was forward. Haven’t heard anyone say otherwise, including people who said Moloney’s Wasn’t forward in origin.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Dip wrote:Of course the pass was forward. Haven’t heard anyone say otherwise, including people who said Moloney’s Wasn’t forward in origin.

I've been awaiting Ice & Milch's arrival in this thread to argue it, i don't think they are coming though
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:53 pm

surmo13 wrote:

I've been awaiting Ice & Milch's arrival in this thread to argue it, i don't think they are coming though

Looked forward out of the hand to me.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:13 am

Boyd slows down after passing and still ends up in front of the ball.

But some people just don't understand what momentum is

PS, as this is the Broncos thread

Coffee

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:28 am

there they are!

Ice wrote:

but Boyd stays in front of Oates the entire time? i thought that was how you said physics worked, wasn't it?

as Dip said, it was forward, but to say that also means that to say that Maloney's was also forward, and it's rather funny to see the outrage south of the border over something that was supposedly fine not even two weeks ago Very Happy
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:26 am

Ice wrote:

Yeah I personally thought it was fractionally forward (also looked worse because of Boyd's shitty passing style IMO).

I think most people wouldn't have minded too much though, as we haven't had a lot of 50/50 calls go our way this year, so it was nice to finally get one.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm