NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Honey Badger Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:54 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I see alot of people punting on him (at this stage) but he feels like an elgey 2.0 to me. I know nothing about him though.

Agreed. He'll be no where my starting 13!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3 - Page 43 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 3

Post by Fortitude Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:57 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Think hes def moving. Interesting but bold choice if you go with him without some certainty over mins. Who plays 80 out of papalii tapine whitehead if they are 11, 12, and 13 respectively

You’re money would have to be on whitehead playing 80mins. Barely missed a minute in his first year. Would be interesting to see an 80min tapine.

How do we see the tigers forwards going this year? Am considering Twal and McQueen as some semi pods. Is there an obvious reason why I shouldn’t? I’d be worried about McQueen’s versatility.

Simmo

Post by Simmo Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Evening gents,
    I've just joined the Fantasy Fanatics group - actually this is the first group like this I've ever joined.
    Entering my fourth year playing NRL Fantasy...and I've made more than my fair share of dud picks.
    Took me a while to read through the pages of posts - great info and stats, cheers for these.
    I'm on about my tenth version of the team for this year, any feedback would be great.

CS9
    J. Brom / Latu
    Murray / Harris / Arrow
    L. Croker / Croft
    Albs / Milne
    Teddy / Ponga / Hiku

Cook
    RFM
    Lichaa
    Garvey

Kennar
    Cartwright
    Lodge
    Isaako

I started with CS9 & Teddy and want to keep them, but also know there's some roughies in there as well.

Cheers for any ideas.

Simmo
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Simmo wrote:Evening gents,
    I've just joined the Fantasy Fanatics group - actually this is the first group like this I've ever joined.
    Entering my fourth year playing NRL Fantasy...and I've made more than my fair share of dud picks.
    Took me a while to read through the pages of posts - great info and stats, cheers for these.
    I'm on about my tenth version of the team for this year, any feedback would be great.

CS9
    J. Brom / Latu
    Murray / Harris / Arrow
    L. Croker / Croft
    Albs / Milne
    Teddy / Ponga / Hiku

Cook
    RFM
    Lichaa
    Garvey

Kennar
    Cartwright
    Lodge
    Isaako

I started with CS9 & Teddy and want to keep them, but also know there's some roughies in there as well.

Cheers for any ideas.

Simmo

Welcome brother. Nice balanced team with good depth. Just monitor the impact on Latu of Carty signing for the Titans. The common consensus is that he could be the one most affected i.e. James moving back to prop so Carty can slot in at 2fr.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:39 pm

Simmo wrote:Evening gents,

CS9
    J. Brom / Latu
    Murray / Harris / Arrow
    L. Croker / Croft
    Albs / Milne
    Teddy / Ponga / Hiku

Cook
    RFM
    Lichaa
    Garvey

Kennar
    Cartwright
    Lodge
    Isaako

Cheers for any ideas.

Simmo

Hey mate, welcome to the fold. Team seems solid enough, I no longer like Latu as a pick with Cartwright joining the titans (to be fair I was a bit iffy about him even before this news!)
    In regards to your Ben Hunt question posted in another thread, I do not think he is a fantastic pick which is probably why he is not mentioned much. Priced at his average of 47 last year he probably is down on his usual efforts due to spending some time coming off the interchange bench, but Hunt was always at his fantasy best racking up huge kick metres. If Widdop is the 5/8th (who averages 231 km per game versus Milfords 157) there is 4 or 5 points right there that he will miss out on. I think Widdop is generally a more dominant half than Milford so I expect him to take a fair share of the attacking play. What I do like about Ben Hunt is that any back playing in that crazy strong Dragons forward pack should see plenty of opportunity at the opposition end (but conversely might mean less kick metres for him if they are carting it up with their big men). Would not be surprised to see him hold close to his price, but he doesn't jump off the page as a valuable pick since there is probably more room for risk than reward in his new setup.

For what it is worth, in 2017 he averaged 232 KM, 54 RM, 23 Tk, 2.3 TBs, and scored a try in 1/3 games. Also missed almost 4 tackles per game.

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Simmo

Post by Simmo Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Cheers Pookus, that clears up the Hunt question.
    If I ditch Latu - he was one that was on my dodgy list - Lodge or try to find the cash for RCG?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 pm

Prob not relevant to fantasy but hodkinson to sharks immediately
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I was looking to start with McGuire myself but I'm unsure of the broncos forwards their minutes and if some of the younger guys will start to get more minutes this year. Also I think that Oates will be getting some game time in the second row sooner rather than later. I think it pushes Gillett to lock and Oates to slip into the right side there. Glenn unless injured will still be playing 80 mins as will Gillett.

Who knows by the end of the year McGuire might be back at 10 with Glenn Oates and Gillett 11,12 and 13

I also had Moose penciled in originally, but I was looking at Milchys stats and remembered something. I am pretty sure he was getting big minutes at the start of last year because of some injuries, much like Wallace. Rounds 1 and 2 certainly and maybe 6 and 7 also. I get the feeling Wayne wants him to play for about 60 mins, but he will be first cab off the ranks for increase if anyone in the forwards goes down. I think with 60 minutes he is probably still underpriced, but only ever so slightly. I see him making the 45s he is priced at and the occasional 50 max unless he gets >60mins. But could always put him in and hope for the inevitable prop injury in the opening rounds Razz

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:52 pm

Simmo wrote:Cheers Pookus, that clears up the Hunt question.
    If I ditch Latu - he was one that was on my dodgy list - Lodge or try to find the cash for RCG?

Lodge would be a safe bet since he will be in most teams. But plenty of people think this will be RCGs breakout year so plenty of merrit to picking him also.
    Sometimes you got to go with your gut if you have a feeling. Remember, I am just some anonymous schmuck with an opinion- no matter what I think, Ben Hunt could yet go back to gun status this year!
    Simmo

Post by Simmo Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Cheers
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:55 pm

my tv broke wrote:Prob not relevant to fantasy but hodkinson to sharks immediately

Its very relevant because it means he's not going to Manly and ruining our Croker pick
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:05 pm

Also, everything is relevant to Fantasy.

Even if nobody cares in overall comps like Fantasy, supercoach whatever. There are always draft style comps where every player is worthy of consideration and may have done upside to somebody
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:06 pm

Must be that time of the year again!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:08 pm

my tv broke wrote:Prob not relevant to fantasy but hodkinson to sharks immediately

Moylan to fullback Holmes to wing?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Finch wrote:Must be that time of the year again!

Welcome back Finchy!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I also had Moose penciled in originally, but I was looking at Milchys stats and remembered something. I am pretty sure he was getting big minutes at the start of last year because of some injuries, much like Wallace. Rounds 1 and 2 certainly and maybe 6 and 7 also. I get the feeling Wayne wants him to play for about 60 mins, but he will be first cab off the ranks for increase if anyone in the forwards goes down. I think with 60 minutes he is probably still underpriced, but only ever so slightly. I see him making the 45s he is priced at and the occasional 50 max unless he gets >60mins. But could always put him in and hope for the inevitable prop injury in the opening rounds Razz

I think he could easily play 80 week in and week out but I doubt he will. Like you said though any injury to a forward hes the first one to gain from it
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 pm

I thought hodko was/is a reverse grader no matter where he ended up cos his knees couldnt handle it.

Not a bad backup for a few weeks if need be, etc

7th tackle tweeted the deal was for 135k so he aint being bought to play FG

Edit knights are still paying a large chunk and 135 is all the sharks are paying.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:22 pm

my tv broke wrote:I thought hodko was/is a reverse grader no matter where he ended up cos his knees couldnt handle it.

Not a bad backup for a few weeks if need be, etc

7th tackle tweeted the deal was for 135k so he aint being bought to play FG

I thought that's just what the Sharkies are paying and the knights are paying the rest of his absurd amount of money he is on
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I think he could easily play 80 week in and week out but I doubt he will. Like you said though any injury to a forward hes the first one to gain from it

I agree, but it's not really a question of whether he could, but whether he would ever be allowed.  80 minute locks have gone the way of the dodo. The loss of Fensom left Manners as the last of a bygone era for a while.
    This is why I like Nathan Brown so much, he keeps the torch burning!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

I agree, but it's not really a question of whether he could, but whether he would ever be allowed.  80 minute locks have gone the way of the dodo. The loss of Fensom left Manners as the last of a bygone era for a while.
    This is why I like Nathan Brown so much, he keeps the torch burning!

Sorry Pookus that was meant to say I think he should play 80 mins not he could haha.

I just have this feeling that Brown is gonna have a slow start. I'm hoping to pick him up around the 650k mark

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:26 am