NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62 - Page 22 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:54 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Fui or Scott as my 2nd CTR? Or burn the last trade and turn Scott to Rapana?
    Scott or Rapana=both good runs home and both capable of a 20 or an 80.  I think I'd hold personally mate.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62 - Page 22 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 pm

SI wrote:
    Scott or Rapana=both good runs home and both capable of a 20 or an 80.  I think I'd hold personally mate.
    Even i was thinking of bringing in Scott over Rapana, that run in is damn nice.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Need some advice on what I should do,as I'm sure you already know I have 1 trade and 58k left. Let's say there are no injuries the next 2 weeks and Munster comes back next week what do people think I should use my last trade on? Want to use it by round 24,if an injury strikes in the last 2 rounds then so be it.

Smith McInnes
    Fifita Taupau Brown Eisenhuth
    Taumalolo JDB Gallen Surgess Crichton Fai
    Pearce DCE NuBrown Hampton
    BJ Scott Fuimaono Kelly
    Munster Edwards Mansour Hayne Phythian

Any ideas would be great,thanks guys
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Wondering if any more of you experienced fellas can give me some insight. This is my 3rd serious year of fantasy. The last two years I finished ranked 504 and 599. But since I got into fantasy it's through work friends so the last 3 seasons I've been mainly focused on the work league. It's the overall points ladder that we duke it out for. I've taken out the last two years and at the moment I'm 600+ points ahead of second so the challenge is over. The last couple of years though, I've never really followed my overall rankings from week to week as the work league has normally been so much closer I kept my focus on that til the end.

Since I'm so far ahead, I'm going more lone wolf style and just focused more on the overall rankings, cause there's no point worry about the rest of the league obviously in that position. Feels good though lol. My question is, I'm sitting at 725 at the moment, can anyone share any ideas about how much one can realistically gain in the last month? Am I bound to stay around that number or still a chance to crack into the top 500? Smith will be captain this week and if I don't gain ground might even gamble on the risky captain choices from next week.

Cheers!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:33 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Need some advice on what I should do,as I'm sure you already know I have 1 trade and 58k left. Let's say there are no injuries the next 2 weeks and Munster comes back next week what do people think I should use my last trade on? Want to use it by round 24,if an injury strikes in the last 2 rounds then so be it.

Smith McInnes
    Fifita Taupau Brown Eisenhuth
    Taumalolo JDB Gallen Surgess Crichton Fai
    Pearce DCE NuBrown Hampton
    BJ Scott Fuimaono Kelly
    Munster Edwards Mansour Hayne Phythian

Any ideas would be great,thanks guys

You are still desperate to use that trade hey mate haha.

You could use it on Munster this week and get Teddy and be done with it, but if you think he'll definiitely lineup next week and you get through this weekend without injuries, yeah you probably could use it but looking at your team and the coin you have, there's really nothing sticking out to use it on if you don't get an injury. Mansour to someone would be great, but you probably won't be able to afford anyone more worthwhile. Some crazy options if you want some, depending on form this weekend;

Fifi - Vaughn (If Fifi only pulls out another 40, damn he's been so disappointing.)
    Scott - Gagai/Roberts (not sure if money would work though)
    Mansour - Anyone if value allows

Not much worth doing there mate. Even Surgess to a POD like Lowe if Lowe kills it again and Surgess sucks.

I'd just hold this week mate, or as I said, be done and get Teddy this week for Munster.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:42 pm

No trades left and Guth, McCull and Munster on pine after gambling on leaving bye period with two trades left and using them on selling SJ and Friend. Opposite of last year where I had no injuries in run in. Fortunately have a bit of depth so only losing ground slowly...down to 70th after high of about 30th.

So...with no trades, thoughts turn to next year. Any stand-out bargains? Hayne might be underpriced if he plays fullback and remembers how to play Rugby League. Lawrence at Titans? James Graham? Segeyaro?
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 pm

wolfking wrote:

You are still desperate to use that trade hey mate haha.

You could use it on Munster this week and get Teddy and be done with it, but if you think he'll definiitely lineup next week and you get through this weekend without injuries, yeah you probably could use it but looking at your team and the coin you have, there's really nothing sticking out to use it on if you don't get an injury.  Mansour to someone would be great, but you probably won't be able to afford anyone more worthwhile.  Some crazy options if you want some, depending on form this weekend;

Fifi - Vaughn (If Fifi only pulls out another 40, damn he's been so disappointing.)
    Scott - Gagai/Roberts (not sure if money would work though)
    Mansour - Anyone if value allows

Not much worth doing there mate.  Even Surgess to a POD like Lowe if Lowe kills it again and Surgess sucks.

I'd just hold this week mate, or as I said, be done and get Teddy this week for Munster.

Haha trying not to make it obvious I want to use it,just weighing up the options. Your suggestions are interesting,if Rapana loses value this week and Hayne can gain some I can straight swap them. The difference is 19k that needs to be made up so probably wishful thinking. Eisenhuth could be an upgrade but not sure if he will gain enough value in a short space of time to get anyone worthwhile. Your Fifita to Vaughan idea could be tempting,how about Fifi to JTurbo instead though??
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Or Fifita could become TTurbo or Teddy?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:48 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Or Fifita could become TTurbo or Teddy?

This isn't bad.  I'm a Fifi fanboy and have run the last 3 years with him all season but I've never seen him this flat.

I'd still give it a week though mate. Give him one more chance.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:56 pm

wolfking wrote:Wondering if any more of you experienced fellas can give me some insight.  This is my 3rd serious year of fantasy.  The last two years I finished ranked 504 and 599.  But since I got into fantasy it's through work friends so the last 3 seasons I've been mainly focused on the work league.  It's the overall points ladder that we duke it out for.  I've taken out the last two years and at the moment I'm 600+ points ahead of second so the challenge is over.  The last couple of years though, I've never really followed my overall rankings from week to week as the work league has normally been so much closer I kept my focus on that til the end.

Since I'm so far ahead, I'm going more lone wolf style and just focused more on the overall rankings, cause there's no point worry about the rest of the league obviously in that position.  Feels good though lol.  My question is, I'm sitting at 725 at the moment, can anyone share any ideas about how much one can realistically gain in the last month?  Am I bound to stay around that number or still a chance to crack into the top 500?  Smith will be captain this week and if I don't gain ground might even gamble on the risky captain choices from next week.

Cheers!

How many points are you from your goal? Realistically you can probably only make 20-40pts a week with choosing the right, different to Smith, captain in your squad and maybe 10-20pta from pods. So really unless you are only 200pts behind you won't crack 500
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:59 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:No trades left and Guth, McCull and Munster on pine after gambling on leaving bye period with two trades left and using them on selling SJ and Friend. Opposite of last year where I had no injuries in run in. Fortunately have a bit of depth so only losing ground slowly...down to 70th after high of about 30th.

So...with no trades, thoughts turn to next year. Any stand-out bargains? Hayne might be underpriced if he plays fullback and remembers how to play Rugby League. Lawrence at Titans? James Graham? Segeyaro?

Lichaa if he finds a new club, mbye if 80min hooker, Tyrone Roberts if he gets a starting gig somewhere and kicks goals, Niko may be value
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:

How many points are you from your goal? Realistically you can probably only make 20-40pts a week with choosing the right, different to Smith, captain in your squad and maybe 10-20pta from pods. So really unless you are only 200pts behind you won't crack 500

Yeah, 725 at the moment so was looking at sneaking under 500, but just wasn't sure how realistic that is, what you said is kind of what I was thinking though now that all the squads above me are set up pretty similar.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:No trades left and Guth, McCull and Munster on pine after gambling on leaving bye period with two trades left and using them on selling SJ and Friend. Opposite of last year where I had no injuries in run in. Fortunately have a bit of depth so only losing ground slowly...down to 70th after high of about 30th.

Always going to come down to minutes with BLaw.  With James no doubt playing planned big minutes again next year and Wallace always being the first beneficiary of injuries showing he can handle 60 odd as well, I think BLaw would be a risk.  Someone to watch for the first few rounds, I really enjoy watching him and would love to have him in my team but wait and see.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:46 pm

If he gets a starting spot at the Knights and plays 50-55 minutes then Herman Ese'ese will be solid value next year.
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:48 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, 725 at the moment so was looking at sneaking under 500, but just wasn't sure how realistic that is, what you said is kind of what I was thinking though now that all the squads above me are set up pretty similar.

Your team is strong so to gain ground you have to take a punt against Smith as captain. I know it is risky but hey, lets live a little. I am in the 60's so I will be taking a punt on Brown
    against the Knights. He is due for a meatpie and if he doesn't get knocked out or bust a rib in the first ten minutes we may be laughing!!! The hardest part of this round will be
    watching the razor sharp attack of the Bulldogs this Thursday night ( again ). Eyewatering stuff.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 pm

With the talks of the Bulldogs "possible" salary cap issues surely one of the forwards would have to go.

Tolman, Graham, Woods, Klemmer.

Surely they'll want to keep hold of Klemmer and Woods.

Tolman or Graham could be one to make way. I think if one of them were to head to another club that's the only way they would be worth a look for fantasy wise.

If you follow some of the twitter rumours its Graham off to either the warriors, eels or knights.
    I think now that Adam Blair looks to have possibly signed with the warriors so that would take them out of the picture.

Graham going to the knights would be the best case imaginable for fantasy! Would play big minutes and would have a massive role leading all the good young talent there. That would be the only way I would pick up Graham.

If Tolman were to leave to any other club I don't see him getting the minutes as he currently gets at the bulldogs even though he is very capable of it.

Other than that I think I'm going to stay away from any bulldogs forwards.

Blaw at the titans may be considered an option but with Wallace and James there I doubt he would be starting unless one of the three move to lock. Blaw always seems to being on the cusp of being an awesome fantasy forward but never seems to eventuate unfortunately
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:16 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:With the talks of the Bulldogs "possible" salary cap issues surely one of the forwards would have to go.

Tolman or Graham could be one to make way. I think if one of them were to head to another club that's the only way they would be worth a look for fantasy wise.

If you follow some of the twitter rumours its Graham off to either the warriors, eels or knights.
    I think now that Adam Blair looks to have possibly signed with the warriors so that would take them out of the picture.

Graham going to the knights would be the best case imaginable for fantasy! Would play big minutes and would have a massive role leading all the good young talent there. That would be the only way I would pick up Graham.

If Tolman were to leave to any other club I don't see him getting the minutes as he currently gets at the bulldogs even though he is very capable of it.

Blaw at the titans may be considered an option but with Wallace and James there I doubt he would be starting unless one of the three move to lock. Blaw always seems to being on the cusp of being an awesome fantasy forward but never seems to eventuate unfortunately

Tolman in my opinion. He offers little in attack, cannot bust the line and is the main culprit for useless runs when the Bulldogs are in their opponents 20. Send him back to the Storm.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:22 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Fui or Scott as my 2nd CTR? Or burn the last trade and turn Scott to Rapana?
    You've been told many times. Save that last trade in case of an injury to your big $$ players.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:30 pm

Trajan wrote:
    Mighty Fishes wrote:With the talks of the Bulldogs "possible" salary cap issues surely one of the forwards would have to go.

Tolman in my opinion. He offers little in attack, cannot bust the line and is the main culprit for useless runs when the Bulldogs are in their opponents 20. Send him back to the Storm.
    Love me some Tolman but agree, I've also noticed that he gets caught out behind the ruck too much now as he has worked himself to a standstill and has no chase in him.  Hard to have a go at a bloke who works so hard, but if us laymen can see it then you'd think he will become more of a target for players scooting and running back against the grain.
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:46 pm

SI wrote:
    Love me some Tolman but agree, I've also noticed that he gets caught out behind the ruck too much now as he has worked himself to a standstill and has no chase in him.  Hard to have a go at a bloke who works so hard, but if us laymen can see it then you'd think he will become more of a target for players scooting and running back against the grain.

I have respect for him too SI. Great defensive player in his time but like you say they have worked him out. I would keep Graham if they can because he offers something in attack
    and now that Reynolds is going they need an inspirational leader who won't give up in their darkest hours.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:54 am