NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62 - Page 12 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:06 pm

ryno_ wrote:

How many trades do you have left? Can you hold off? ARey has doggies this week and the last halfs to play the dogs have gone for 60, 58, 37, 29, 57, 65. Take out the Newcastle-affected 29 and thats not bad going.

DCE is a better play but if you are short on trades you could do worse then hold ARey for a week until DCE gets the dogs in R24 or until ARey has Storm in R25.

Very Happy said in my post, three trades. haha
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62 - Page 12 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62

Post by WT Winfield Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:10 pm

@wolfking

I dunno if I'd gamble on Eisenhuth.. Cotric to Rapana sounds sideways based on recent form, but an 11 point upgrade on total averages is pretty significant.. I dunno if I'd take that gamble though.

JBrom to Vaughan sounds pretty attractive, Manners too, but I think the 100k+ saved by going Vaughan would be handy for the final trade if/when it needs to be used.

So while Kelly, NuBrown, Malakai maybe? might give enough for the Vaughan upgrade, I'd probably part ways with one of Fui, Cotric or Peachy to keep a bit of bank for the final trade.

Haven't been following Lane, so could be right that JBrom mightn't need the upgrade, but I'd prfer more of a sure thing with someone like Vaughan over guys like Lane and Eisenhuth and up and down wingers like Rapana.

Just saw Cotric's over 100k more than Peachy, so doesn't really belong in the same list.. Fui or Cotric out I guess.. Been dealing with the same overabundance of CTRs in my team and friends lately too.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:16 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:Assuming Munster is back this week, who do I leave out of my team from:

Dufty, Cody Walker, Graham, McGuire

Also - which 2 centres from Scott, BJ, Sione, Fui?

Which Graham?

BJ should be playing against Ashyford this week. He's good for 3 tries, 17 line breaks, 4 try assists and a field goal.

Same argument for Scott against Roosters. If he's on the opposite side of Latrell & Tupou, theres a good chance Melbourne direct more attack away from Chambers and at Manu & Fergo then normal.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:17 pm

my tv broke wrote:

:D said in my post, three trades. haha

Fair call, missed it. 3 trades Id be going straight to DCE and holding the remaining 2 for injury/resting cover. 1 or 2 trades left id stick with ARey for 2 weeks, hopefully not use a trade and then switch.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:18 pm

WT Winfield wrote:@wolfking

I dunno if I'd gamble on Eisenhuth.. Cotric to Rapana sounds sideways based on recent form, but an 11 point upgrade on total averages is pretty significant.. I dunno if I'd take that gamble though.

JBrom to Vaughan sounds pretty attractive, Manners too, but I think the 100k+ saved by going Vaughan would be handy for the final trade if/when it needs to be used.

So while Kelly, NuBrown, Malakai maybe? might give enough for the Vaughan upgrade, I'd probably part ways with one of Fui, Cotric or Peachy to keep a bit of bank for the final trade.

Haven't been following Lane, so could be right that JBrom mightn't need the upgrade, but I'd prfer more of a sure thing with someone like Vaughan over guys like Lane and Eisenhuth and up and down wingers like Rapana.

Just saw Cotric's over 100k more than Peachy, so doesn't really belong in the same list.. Fui or Cotric out I guess.. Been dealing with the same overabundance of CTRs in my team and friends lately too.

Cheers mate. Solid. Even Cotric to Dufty would give enough for JBrom to Vaughn but won't leave any money left over but gives a solid backup in the WFB too. The cashing out of Cotric for money for a final upgrade sounds good too. Cheers for the reply.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:18 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Which Graham?

BJ should be playing against Ashyford this week. He's good for 3 tries, 17 line breaks, 4 try assists and a field goal.

Same argument for Scott against Roosters. If he's on the opposite side of Latrell & Tupou, theres a good chance Melbourne direct more attack away from Chambers and at Manu & Fergo then normal.

James Graham.

Re Scott - guess that will depend on who replaces Tupou (assuming he's out). Also - did Fergo get cited for a shoulder charge?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:23 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

James Graham.

Re Scott - guess that will depend on who replaces Tupou (assuming he's out). Also - did Fergo get cited for a shoulder charge?

I like James Graham - its the annual Surgess/Graham English dick swinging contest. And he's looked good the last 2 weeks, just need to up his involvement.

Havnt released the judiciary report for Sunday yet.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:47 pm

My ranking has gone no where in 10 weeks. Started the byes at 141, got down to 85 and now down to 146.

Also can't get Pearce for Semi by 1k LOL. Pearce updating to 61 ruined it. I'm seriously considering Moses hahaha. Knights and the Titans at home in the next 2 weeks, Broncos away then Bunnies at home. Seems mental though.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:18 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:My ranking has gone no where in 10 weeks. Started the byes at 141, got down to 85 and now down to 146.

Also can't get Pearce for Semi by 1k LOL. Pearce updating to 61 ruined it. I'm seriously considering Moses hahaha. Knights and the Titans at home in the next 2 weeks, Broncos away then Bunnies at home. Seems mental though.

Re Moses, I'm thinking of using my last trade = Lamb to Moses. The Eels probably have the best run home & I can see him racking up a score against the Knights at home this week. Yes the Knights are playing very well but this is only at home & I think they'll struggle with a team like the Eels who play a lot of 2nd phase football. I think the Knights prefer a forward battle type of game & struggle when it's an open, free flowing game.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Guys that are looking are burning their last trade - do you not think it would be better instead of upgrading a player that might get you an extra 20 points per round to save it incase someone like Crichton goes down and you've got half a million on the bench?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:39 pm

yes
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:47 pm

I cannot believe the amount of Knights supporter gear that I have seen in the last 2 weeks. I reckon at least 6 people in Knights colours, which is extremely rare given the location in Perth and how the results have been.

I truly think the Knights fans would have to be the best in the comp.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62 - Page 12 There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:54 pm

Honeysett wrote:Guys that are looking are burning their last trade - do you not think it would be better instead of upgrading a player that might get you an extra 20 points per round to save it incase someone like Crichton goes down and you've got half a million on the bench?

Gotta agree with HS here. If I had one last trade, I'd be aiming to use it in the penultimate or last round.
    If I had depth, maybe the third-to-last but using it this round would be a big risk.

Several guns are in teams that are out of the running for the finals - Rabbits, Warriors, Dogs, Titans, Tigers, Knights... players like Teddy moving clubs at the end of the season... some players in those teams have had injury plagued seasons or are playing with niggles... they could be rested?

Then you've got teams who may be locked into their position in the eight (Melbourne, Panthers?) and might rest a couple of players before finals.

If the Storm were 6 points clear at the top with two rounds to go could you be certain they wouldn't rest Smith? Slater? Munster? Curtis Scott? JBrom?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Why don't both of them go to more games? What was there on the weekend? 11k?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Honeysett wrote:I cannot believe the amount of Knights supporter gear that I have seen in the last 2 weeks. I reckon at least 6 people in Knights colours, which is extremely rare given the location in Perth and how the results have been.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 62 - Page 12 There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development

Be interesting to see what stereotypes we have for each set of fans.

dogs and souths fans are the worst imo because of bias but in saying that, there are a few great posters on here that support those teams. Broncos fans probably not far behind.

Surprised we don't have many Dragons fans on here and Sharks supporters on this forum would surpsingly probably be my vote for best fans on the forum.

Do we have any Titans supporters on here?
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm

ryno_ wrote:

11k at a Knights home game is decent IMO considering they have come off the back of 2 wooden spoons. Many fair weather fans would stop going to games after that. Goes to show how important footy is to the Newcastle region.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:10 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Newcastle have the 4th best average this year. And they have sucked for 2 seasons. What more do you want
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Honeysett wrote:Guys that are looking are burning their last trade - do you not think it would be better instead of upgrading a player that might get you an extra 20 points per round to save it incase someone like Crichton goes down and you've got half a million on the bench?

With Friend back this week, I'm in a pretty privileged position where I'm already going to have to exclude a half million dollar player like Sam Burgess from my team. The way I see it, it's not worth me having that kind of depth only to lose ground because I'm running a less than optimal 17. So I'm probably going to burn my last trade getting Tommy Turbo in the CTRs.

I would absolutely not be using my last trade now if my squad depth wasn't absolutely nuts though. Generally it's more valuable to trade eariler but when it's your last one you really should be holding it for urgent replacements.
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:26 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Newcastle have the 4th best average this year. And they have sucked for 2 seasons. What more do you want

That's legitimately fucking impressive.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:51 pm

filthridden wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:I cannot believe the amount of Knights supporter gear that I have seen in the last 2 weeks. I reckon at least 6 people in Knights colours, which is extremely rare given the location in Perth and how the results have been.

Be interesting to see what stereotypes we have for each set of fans.

dogs and souths fans are the worst imo because of bias but in saying that, there are a few great posters on here that support those teams. Broncos fans probably not far behind.

Surprised we don't have many Dragons fans on here and Sharks supporters on this forum would surpsingly probably be my vote for best fans on the forum.

Do we have any Titans supporters on here?
    Username, but he hasn't posted much this year.  MF had a mate join as well that was a Titans fan but he didn't go on with it.  Not many others fessing up

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:48 pm