NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin 2017 Series

Pieman
    Pieman

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 12 Empty Re: State of Origin 2017 Series

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:02 pm

Dip wrote:State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 12 Img_4610

Pieman, to be consistent  surely you must be saying that if Pearce didn't crouch he wouldn't of got head high.

absolute horse shit

if myles holds on to eg cordners jersey and then cordner stops suddenly to try and get back into the line - and eg myles dislocates his shoulder form the sudden jarring action, is it myles fault or cordners fault?

As I said, it was clearly a chicken wing, but Myles plays a part in his own injury by holding onto the jersey.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Ice wrote:

All or Nothing!! Again, that is just bull crap. It's as I feel no other centre has ever gone for an intercept or had a bad read. When Hayne does it it's all or nothing and typical Hayne, it's just garbage. We should have scored, that is what led to Qld scoring, Ferguson should have caught the ball, it's wasn't that spectacular a kick or catch, I'm confident if Hayne was where Ferguson was, he wouldn't have shut that down. But no, it's Haynes contribution that is the only thing that led to the try.

Its not the only thing, its the main thing that did though.

Classic all or nothing hayne, soz mate. I love it when it comes off, but when it doesnt - it leads to stuff like it did.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Classic all or nothing is just utter garbage, it's simply wrong.

Ok, I'll cop it was the biggest contributing factor, notwithstanding Ferguson totally failing at the defensive end, but to say he is only ever all or nothing it just wrong.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:13 am

cordner should have been charged, plenty of attacking players hold jerseys, that doesn't mean their arm should get put in the position his was, 2 games rest before game 2 would have sufficed lol
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:17 am

leaguegod wrote:cordner should have been charged, plenty of attacking players hold jerseys, that doesn't mean their arm should get put in the position his was, 2 games rest before game 2 would have sufficed lol

After Saturday night's game, as a Broncos fan I would have taken that too!

Would have been interesting to see what the charge would have been. Grade 1 is just a fine, but they always say the extent of the injury is a factor in the grading, so since Myles was out 3-4 weeks, then maybe a higher grade should have been imposed?

It also again highlights a problem with the process for rep games. They are charged that night following the game. The MRP can't possibly have reviewed the whole game tape by then, and they certainly don't know the extent of the injury. By the time the charges were laid, I think most people would have thought Pearce would be out longer than Myles for example. I can't see why that can't be done first thing the next morning, with charges announced at say 11am or 12pm. Clubs will say they need to know what players are available, but to be honest, with injuries etc, most players wouldn't be cleared before that time by their club anyway.

Not picking on Cordner, there were plenty of other incidents including the McGuire high shot as well. It's been going on for years.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:34 am

i hate the wrestle, so i would hate to think putting the guys arm in that position which forced an injury would just be a fine

but then, we had yet another player cop a fine for tripping on the weekend

but for the love of god, don't shoulder charge someone in the chest, that is where they get you Mad

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:42 am

Dip wrote:

After Saturday night's game, as a Broncos fan I would have taken that too!

Would have been interesting to see what the charge would have been. Grade 1 is just a fine, but they always say the extent of the injury is a factor in the grading, so since Myles was out 3-4 weeks, then maybe a higher grade should have been imposed?

It also again highlights a problem with the process for rep games. They are charged that night following the game. The MRP can't possibly have reviewed the whole game tape by then, and they certainly don't know the extent of the injury. By the time the charges were laid, I think most people would have thought Pearce would be out longer than Myles for example. I can't see why that can't be done first thing the next morning, with charges announced at say 11am or 12pm. Clubs will say they need to know what players are available, but to be honest, with injuries etc, most players wouldn't be cleared before that time by their club anyway.

Not picking on Cordner, there were plenty of other incidents including the McGuire high shot as well. It's been going on for years.

It highlights why the incidents should be reviewed (mainly for intent) and not the outcome or injuries sustained.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Thurston showing against the Eels (ok, so it's just the Eels) why Qld will/should, be heavy favourites for game 2.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:34 pm

yeah with Slater and Thurston back QLD should be heavy favs
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Should QLD selectors be allowed to put undue pressure on the judiciary and attempt to fabricate an outcome in their favour by naming Wallace ?

Now take QLD out of that sentence. Should selectors have to wait ? Why couldn't they ? Why should they ?
    When is a games suspension not a game ? When it's a GF or SOO. But we solved that, we brought in fines. Oh wait ........ So should all 1 game suspensions be a fine and after 3 unlike 1 week charges you do the time ? It seems like here we are 12 months later and we still have the same problem and people talking loop holes and what if's. Leave your coloured glasses at the door.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:17 pm

WTF are you talking about?

it's Jarrod Wallace - an uncapped player that got let go last year, and is in a current vein of rage-fuelled form.

Selectors can name who the hell they want. if he gets rubbed out, they'll promote the 18th.

If it was Cam Smith: sure. But Jarrod Wallace? Not even sure I'm spelling his name right, here....

If you're after a conversation, you got me off on the wrong foot there. If you're seriously having a crack, that's just weird. I hope I'm barking up the wrong tree

Now, your suggestion that after "x" number of fines, the small fines automatically turn into weeks off is brilliant. Is there any reason you can't add that to what ever rules there are now?

"After 2 fines, the next offense attracted what would normally attract only a fine, shall automatically be converted to.... blah blah blah. This resets the "fine clock".

Then, if someone gets rubbed out of a GF for a grubby little nothing incident, everyone can quite happily point at his prior bad behavior as a "pattern"

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:36 pm

dasherhalo wrote:WTF are you talking about?

it's Jarrod Wallace - an uncapped player that got let go last year, and is in a current vein of rage-fuelled form.

Selectors can name who the hell they want. if he gets rubbed out, they'll promote the 18th.

If it was Cam Smith: sure. But Jarrod Wallace? Not even sure I'm spelling his name right, here....

If you're after a conversation, you got me off on the wrong foot there. If you're seriously having a crack, that's just weird. I hope I'm barking up the wrong tree

Now, your suggestion that after "x" number of fines, the small fines automatically turn into weeks off is brilliant. Is there any reason you can't add that to what ever rules there are now?

"After 2 fines, the next offense attracted what would normally attract only a fine, shall automatically be converted to.... blah blah blah. This resets the "fine clock".

Then, if someone gets rubbed out of a GF for a grubby little nothing incident, everyone can quite happily point at his prior bad behavior as a "pattern"

Yeah your first couple of sentences really seemed like you missed the point. Hence the reason I said take QLD out of the sentence and reiterated the different scenarios without QLD in them. The question has nothing to do with the player. The current fine system does tick over to missed weeks after 3 fines and resets at season end. But my point is we have another relative misdemeanor equating to 1 week and having the same argument that the fine system was brought in to fix. It seems like we didn't get it right.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Yeah, read it again and figured you really were making a (really bad) example with Wallace.

Some of my finest work there this week: couldn't stand to delete it. Like Pieman, I'm on the sauce. Don't think I'm that far in though.... that bloke hit the spirits early by the sounds Smile
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:36 pm

I think it shows QLD has once again taken the high ground by naming him rather than Myles, who would be ruled out Saturday morning. Unlike NSW with the Farah/Ennis incident in 2015.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:48 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Yeah, read it again and figured you really were making a (really bad) example with Wallace.

Some of my finest work there this week: couldn't stand to delete it. Like Pieman, I'm on the sauce. Don't think I'm that far in though.... that bloke hit the spirits early by the sounds Smile

couple of victory drinks mate
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Interesting article

https://www.zerotackle.com/surely-time-common-sense-tradition-origin-ceremony-27911/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=NRL+Gossip

Even if you sell a game off to the highest bidder outside the 2 states, you sell the first game. That then leaves you a scenario in which game 2 a team clinches the series and is awarded the trophy at home or is held of to be awarded after game 3 at home. Or game 3 is a genuine decider and the away team wins or the home side wins and again the trophy presented in front of a home crowd. That leaves you with a 75% chance of awarding the trophy in front of a home crowd if you sell game 1. If you don't then it's 100%.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Cordner for MOTM tonight.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:18 pm

haha where is the hype lol
    pretty excited for the game tonight. expecting QLD to win in a close one.

Pumped to see if pearce can step up and pumped to see hayne back on the big stage.

Should be awesome
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Had a fucking horrible dream last night that Josh Jackson scored a double in a Blues win Sad
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Very nervous that we lose tonight. Qld under the radar and backs against the wall with JT playing the last series of his career. Everything about this screams ambush.

That said if we win the forward battle in the first 25 minutes we win the series.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:28 pm