NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin 2017 Series

Ice

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 8 Empty Re: State of Origin 2017 Series

Post by Ice Wed May 31, 2017 10:40 pm

No Worries wrote:My biggest concern is that if JT is fit for game 2 he will exploit Hayne's defense at center and it will be 1-1 going into the 3rd at Suncorp.

Nah, In The first half after he had schooled O'Neill which should have led to a NSW try, he was a tad lazy and they got past him, that was basically it, otherwise he owned O'Neill who had 8 misses to Haynes 1.

Hayne will only get more confident and comfortable in that centre position over the coming weeks, not worse. That said Qld will be waaaaaaay better with Thurston back, but even he needs a platform set by his forwards. I honestly don't think the result would have been different even if he was there. Closer, absolutely.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed May 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Dip wrote:The team that loses game 1 always plays more desperately in game 2. JT for Milf is the obvious one, but I don't think we need too many changes. Either Slater or Holmes comes in for O'Neill. I'd actually drop Guerra before Myles, especially if Guerra is dropped for the Roosters. We can make wholesale changes if we lose next game.

And this is where it gets ugly for selectors, trying to pick a team to keep their job. Although for some reason that never bothered Bozo.

Milf played well enough to keep a spot, but where ?
    You have to bring JT back.
    Boyd at fullback was a disaster, bring back Slater
    If Boyd goes to the wing who do you drop ? Oates ?
    So we drop O'Neill, but do we move Milf to the centers or bring Holmes in, but then what do we do with Milf ?
    Then there are the forwards. Pieday needs to be nick named Four & Twenty. Plays for 4 goes missing for 20
    Pillali or Fillali that bloke who played the first 5 minutes. What was his name ?
    Myles aimed up in defense and went missing in attack
    Guerra was a skateboarder for the Bones Brigade in my youth. Why give him a maroon jersey ?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 31, 2017 10:48 pm

No Worries wrote:

And this is where it gets ugly for selectors, trying to pick a team to keep their job. Although for some reason that never bothered Bozo.

Milf played well enough to keep a spot, but where ?
    You have to bring JT back.
    Boyd at fullback was a disaster, bring back Slater
    If Boyd goes to the wing who do you drop ? Oates  ?
    So we drop O'Neill, but do we move Milf to the centers or bring Holmes in, but then what do we do with Milf ?
    Then there are the forwards. Pieday needs to be nick named Four & Twenty. Plays for 4 goes missing for 20
    Pillali or Fillali that bloke who played the first 5 minutes. What was his name ?
    Myles aimed up in defense and went missing in attack
    Guerra was a skateboarder for the Bones Brigade in my youth. Why give him a maroon jersey ?
    Laugh 3

Buried by the Friz
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed May 31, 2017 11:10 pm

No respect for age, you young fuckers Wink
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:22 am

Ice wrote:Like when Smith finally got the measure of Buderus, have we seen a changing of the Hooker guard in this game. I know he is a loooong way of the heights of Smith, and Smith is certainly still the best hooker in the game, but is this the start of the shift?

Smith looked old and done when interviewed at the end of the game. Needs to retire at the end of the series or take the indigent exit of Farah.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:46 am

Gagai was unreal, I worry that the general consensus of moving him to the centres for ONiell might fuck him his game.
    Hayne wasn't nearly as good as some (mainly Ice) are making out. Had 1 good offload to Morris and scored a try you'd expect any rep level centre to score. Apart from that, was the weak spot in the NSW defensive line.
    Please pick Pearce again. Kicking game was woeful.
    Fifi was immense, the kind of big game performance a prop should be remembered for. Best prop out of Cronulla in living memory, bar none.
    QLD were the better team for most of the game, right up until that short drop out at about 50min but couldnt convert superior overall play to points like NSW could when they were on top. Mix of poor execution on breaks and just not getting a good grubber bounce at times.
    QLD middle third line speed was atrocious. Send Myles out to the stable Buck lives in and put him out of his misery.
    Napa was great - looked to be the type of player to stick in that jersey for a decade.
    Peats played really well, surprised at the amount of involvement he had.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:13 am

brilliant performance, first time in a long time (atleast in a non dead rubber) where we won by simply playing the better football, it wasn't a defesnvie. grubby grind where we held on like 2014, it was us being better then them and QLD having no answer for that on the night

First half was amazing from both sides but i had this odd sense of confidence that were gonna deal with that speed better and the space we found from the wade graham inside ball before half time vindicated that

QLD's starting props together had combined less metre's then either fifita or klem lol it was always gonna be a weakness for them but geez we had some success in the middle.

teddy was unreal, our left side was very dangerous

wade graham was awesome off the bench, his ball playing was huge to blowing that game open

peats did everything anyone could have asked for

pearce's short kicking was terrible but thought he was otherwise pretty good

for QLD, i thought your 2 wingers were your best, Oates and especially gagai were immense. bring in slater/holmes for o'neil, wallace for myles, JT for milf and you guys look a whole lot better. series is obviosuly far from over

gotta tell myself to not get ahead of myself because QLD will make changes for game 2 and they will be better but that performance gave me a whole lot of confidence, balance in the team looked spot on, we flowed well with the ball, we were making inroads in the middle all game, it was a performance the blues have not put in for a long time, we actually played footy and came out on top, loved it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:28 am

Ice wrote:

Nah, In The first half after he had schooled O'Neill which should have led to a NSW try, he was a tad lazy and they got past him, that was basically it, otherwise he owned O'Neill who had 8 misses to Haynes 1.

Hayne will only get more confident and comfortable in that centre position over the coming weeks, not worse. That said Qld will be waaaaaaay better with Thurston back, but even he needs a platform set by his forwards. I honestly don't think the result would have been different even if he was there. Closer, absolutely.

He wasnt a tad lazy he went for a fucking intercept.
    After nearly setting up a try his intercept attempt lead to the Oates try.

Thats the thing with hayne tho. Its all or nothing. Amazing or shite.
    For the most part last night he was pretty good. Did some hard work. Did something amazing. Did something shite. Looked like a goose after he scored. All textbook hayne. And for some reason I love it.

Now QLD have a video of him playing right centre, that Thurston will study and use to exploit him.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:32 am

yeah i noticed he went for the intercept too, that one decision lead to QLD's try.

i think hayne was overall very good, physically he was to strong/fast for o'neil but i very much doubt he'll have o'neil opposite him in game 2. Gagai at centre may be a worry for the reason RYNO pointed out but i still think its the move, he will be better at exploiting any hayne brain farts and won't be as outmatched athletically as what o'neil was
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:38 am

Dip wrote:There'll probably be no charges. Unlike normal matches where Chambers would get charged for high contact on Pearce, Klemmers high tackle on Gillett, and Cordner's chicken wing on Myles.

All those went through to the keeper.

McGuire & Morgan facing charges. McGuire obviously for being a gutless cheap shot merchant, but what did Morgan do ?
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:48 am

No Worries wrote:

All those went through to the keeper.

McGuire & Morgan facing charges. McGuire obviously for being a gutless cheap shot merchant, but what did Morgan  do ?
    It was Chambers not McGuire wasn't it?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:51 am

ryno_ wrote:
    QLD were the better team for most of the game, right up until that short drop out at about 50min but couldnt convert superior overall play to points like NSW could when they were on top. Mix of poor execution on breaks and just not getting a good grubber bounce at times.
    QLD middle third line speed was atrocious. Send Myles out to the stable Buck lives in and put him out of his misery.
    Napa was great - looked to be the type of player to stick in that jersey for a decade.
    Peats played really well, surprised at the amount of involvement he had.

Uh What? NSW were clearly the better team, for all of the game. Dont know what game you were watching mate.
    Our size really won us the game. Our bench was amazing, Woods was ok, takes some bringing down - Fifita had a game for the ages. Easily the best forward in the game at the moment.

Pearce.. well.
    Had a couple of his textbook grubbers into the oppositions feet.
    Short kicking game was woeful. Long kicking game - I think 1 kick found grass. Terrible.
    Besides that, his defense was outstanding, and his ball distribution was pretty good. Honestly, I dont really rate his ball playing but his distribution is great. Wade graham is a better ball player I reckon. Good on him backing up to score the try, all good halves should be doing that.

I still fucking hate the way the game is reffed. They lay on players so much in the ruck and the refs let it go. Then boom, all of a sudden penalize someone and it feels like they have been laying on them for half the time they were doing it in the previous set. The first penalty of the game was a great example of that.

He got a shoulder charge to the head, surely Chambers gets a few weeks for that. It was bad.

If I was to make 1 change to the NSW team it would be fergo. Fuck me dead he sucks sometimes. Bmoz was still good, he just doesnt have that speed any more.

Peats was immense. Huge workload.

This goes to show what I have been calling for for years. FRESH BLOOD. Hungry guys. The worst thing about Peats is he is now what, 26 turning 27? So the guy has 4 or so series in him left at best. Should have been picking someone like him/or him years ago. Our young guys are just so hungry. Its awesome.

Teddy, well, what else can you say. The guy had a 10/10 game.

I reckon our props won us that game, Fifita especially. Fuck he looked so dangerous.

QLD
    Well If JT comes back in then they will be fine.
    Slater automatically comes in at FB and boyd goes to centre or wing. Walters publicly apologies to Slater and QLD and admits he was wrong to not pick him.
    Oneil, cya. Chambers might get a suspension so that would save Oneil. Gagai, unreal. Sad to see him leaving newcastle.
    Lillyman - gone for Wallace. Guerra was good but duno if they will keep him. Myles, obviously he shouldnt be there but they need him for experience with Scott out. I reckon scott was the bloke they missed the most. Maybe they can call parker out of retirement.
    Napa - I duno hey. The guy looked kinda slow out there. He isnt at risk of losing a spot but he didnt stand out. He looked .. ok .. they needed him to show more of that fire, he was too reserved I reckon.
    McGuire - easily my most disliked player in the QLD team. Dog shot merchant. High work rate, thats about it. I fucking hate that look he does where he like squints with half his face or what ever, looks like the cunt has bells palsy.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:52 am

Dip wrote:
    It was Chambers not McGuire wasn't it?

yep,

there were probably a heap of high tackles just like klemmers, including mcguire's and napa landed a couple too but i am shocked cordner didn't get charged, that looked pretty ugly imo
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:56 am

QLD winning for the last decade has been the best thing for NSW IMO. It reignited the passion for Origin in NSW and created a whole younger breed of players who are hungry and want to win.

Think about it - Peats was 17 or so when NSW were last competitive
    Guys like Cordner, Friz, Ted, Klemmer were all like 12-14.

Guys like TTurbo would have been 10.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:56 am

ryno_ wrote:
    Pieman wrote:
    Uh What? NSW were clearly the better team, for all of the game.

The entire first half, outside 2 runs from Fifi, QLD were better overall. More chances created, more field position. Both teams played well in the first half, don't get me wrong. But QLD were better and very unlucky to be down on the scoreboard.

The last half hour was obviously one-way traffic.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:58 am

leaguegod wrote:

yep,

there were probably a heap of high tackles just like klemmers, including mcguire's and napa landed a couple too but i am shocked cordner didn't get charged, that looked pretty ugly imo

Cordner for the chicken wing? I thought he had his body on it in, myles was holding onto cordners jersey ffs!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:03 am

ryno_ wrote:

The entire first half, outside 2 runs from Fifi, QLD were better overall. More chances created, more field position. Both teams played well in the first half, don't get me wrong. But QLD were  better and very unlucky to be down on the scoreboard.

so apart from NSW making more line breaks, scoring more points, generally looking dangerous when ever in QLDS half, QLD were the better side?

Give yourself a triple
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:21 am

ryno_ wrote:

The entire first half, outside 2 runs from Fifi, QLD were better overall. More chances created, more field position. Both teams played well in the first half, don't get me wrong. But QLD were  better and very unlucky to be down on the scoreboard.

Rolling Laugh Good one!
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:46 am

ryno_ wrote:

hmmmmmmmmmmm your affinity with stats particularly first half stats seems to have deserted you
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:50 am

The fact we are talking about certain individual players performance and not a certain referee decision is a winner in my book. Off the top of my head I can't think of a better example of an origin game where the refs had minimal or zero impact on the outcome.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 pm