NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin 2017 Series

Pieman
    Pieman

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 22 Empty Re: State of Origin 2017 Series

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:24 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Except the stats don't support that argument.

Pearce has more kick metres/game then anybody in the league
    The only cockroach half to kick more field goals is Maloney
    The only cockroach half to force more repeat sets is ARey
    The only cockroach half with more try assists is Sezer
    The only cockroach half with more line break assists is Moylan

Sure, Cleary has a good bomb on him. Which is fine in a club game when you can rely on at least one of the opposition back 3 being a gumby and Cleary can target him. That doesnt cut it at Origin level. Whose he going to target? Slater/Holmes/Gagai/Oates? Sweet.

You didnt lose Game 2 because of Pearce. You lost it because Loz is a shit coach and your forwards turned into pussy cats when Moose and Napa came off the bench in the 2nd half.
    Keep swimming in your fantasy footy stats mate. Your stats say Pearce may have kicked the most fgs as a nsw half this year, but fuck me. He kicked his first field goal in 8 years or something this year. SO yeah, shut the fuck up. Ill stick to watching real games and actually having educated opinions.

Also thanks for reinforcing my point - why the fuck would you do it in origin? Pearce repeatedly does it, bombs again and again to fucking billy slater and co hoping one drops it. Why the fuck do it? Thank for you reinforcing my point that he sucks, and he cant bring his club skills into origin. You are acting if I said that is what the game plan should be. I literally said the opposite. But yeah, you target the youngest, most experienced player - pretty obvious. That didnt happen.

Is club footy origin? No one is disputing his credentials in club land.

Yep, Pearce has a long kick on him. Never said he didnt. He also cant effectively place his kicks in origin, or regularly find the ground - like the best kickers in the game can. He has never been able to replicate it in origin. Thats the whole point.

Pearce was one of the reasons that NSW lost. His game management and his kicking. His inability to play what is in front of him.

I love him at club level and would love for him to come out and dominate an origin game one day. Fuck, I would love for him to come out and just put on a winning play in an origin game. But he just cant do it. But fuck it, give him 25 origin games and when he finally does it - you spuds will be justified hey.

Also, where the fuck are you getting your stats from? According to NRL.com

Try assists from NSW halves
    Cody Walker, Luke Keary (ya know, the other half in the roosters team) and McCrone all have more than him. Moylan only has 1 less.

Field Goals
    Maloney and Reynolds have both kicked more than him

LBA - Keary (yep, same team), Moylan and Walker all have more

Fuck me. At least get them right, or use a credible source like oh I dont know the official NRL site, if you are going to spruke them as if they are meaningful.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:34 am

Pieman wrote:
    Keep swimming in your fantasy footy stats mate. Your stats say Pearce may have kicked the most fgs as a nsw half this year, but fuck me. He kicked his first field goal in 8 years or something this year. SO yeah, shut the fuck up. Ill stick to watching real games and actually having educated opinions.
    Thats not what I said. Learn to read.

Pieman wrote:Also thanks for reinforcing my point - why the fuck would you do it in origin? Pearce repeatedly does it, bombs again and again to fucking billy slater and co hoping one drops it. Why the fuck do it? Thank for you reinforcing my point that he sucks, and he cant bring his club skills into origin. You are acting if I said that is what the game plan should be. I literally said the opposite. But yeah, you target the youngest, most experienced player - pretty obvious. That didnt happen.

So your point is that bombs from 40 out is a shit gameplan so you should bring Cleary into the side for his good bombing... despite it being a shit gameplan. So what exactly is the thought process behind selecting him then?

Pieman wrote:
    Yep, Pearce has a long kick on him. Never said he didnt. He also cant effectively place his kicks in origin, or regularly find the ground - like the best kickers in the game can. He has never been able to replicate it in origin. Thats the whole point.

Fuck me, hes kicking to Slater. Nobody could find the ground. Kicking Pearce because he can't is a ridiculous statement when you're asking him to do the (almost) impossible

Pieman wrote:Pearce was one of the reasons that NSW lost. His game management and his kicking. His inability to play what is in front of him.
    Nope. You lost because Napa and Mcguire went up a notch that NSW couldnt match through both effort and Loz mucking around with which forwards were playing were (assuming Friz was injured)

Pieman wrote:I love him at club level and would love for him to come out and dominate an origin game one day. Fuck, I would love for him to come out and just put on a winning play in an origin game. But he just cant do it. But fuck it, give him 25 origin games and when he finally does it - you spuds will be justified hey.
    He's playing the best origin spine the game has ever seen, trying to live up the NSW standard of Joey. Not a single player would have any better results.

Pieman wrote:Also, where the fuck are you getting your stats from? According to NRL.com
    Daily Tele, because they track forced repeat sets. NRL.com doesnt.

Pieman wrote:Try assists from NSW halves
    Cody Walker, Luke Keary (ya know, the other half in the roosters team) and McCrone all have more than him. Moylan only has 1 less.

Cody Walker, the Souths fullback? Hasnt played in the halves since April... its almost July.
    Keary - isnt he a QLDer? Didnt he play emerging origin with Milf?
    McCrone, fair cop. He's got an entire career of being left out of origin discussions, I wont be the first or last.

Pieman wrote:Field Goals
    Maloney and Reynolds have both kicked more than him
    Wrong. It doesnt matter which Reynolds you're talking about because Adam (2) and Josh (0) combined dont have more then Pearce (2) does. Unless 2 is more then 2 in your world.
    Yep, I said Maloney had more.

Pieman wrote:LBA - Keary (yep, same team), Moylan and Walker all have more
    Yep, I said Moylan had more.

Fuck me. At least get your point right
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:14 pm

ryno_ wrote:
    Thats not what I said. Learn to read.

So your point is that bombs from 40 out is a shit gameplan so you should bring Cleary into the side for his good bombing... despite it being a shit gameplan. So what exactly is the thought process behind selecting him then?

Fuck me, hes kicking to Slater. Nobody could find the ground. Kicking Pearce because he can't is a ridiculous statement when you're asking him to do the (almost) impossible

Nope. You lost because Napa and Mcguire went up a notch that NSW couldnt match through both effort and Loz mucking around with which forwards were playing were (assuming Friz was injured)

He's playing the best origin spine the game has ever seen, trying to live up the NSW standard of Joey. Not a single player would have any better results.

Daily Tele, because they track forced repeat sets. NRL.com doesnt.

Cody Walker, the Souths fullback? Hasnt played in the halves since April... its almost July.
    Keary - isnt he a QLDer? Didnt he play emerging origin with Milf?
    McCrone, fair cop. He's got an entire career of being left out of origin discussions, I wont be the first or last.

Wrong. It doesnt matter which Reynolds you're talking about because Adam (2) and Josh (0) combined dont have more then Pearce (2) does. Unless 2 is more then 2 in your world.
    Yep, I said Maloney had more.

Yep, I said Moylan had more.

Fuck me. At least get your point right

1. Whoops, sorry my mistake. He is equal second with FG. Again, he has kicked 2 field goals in like 7 or 8 years. Awesome!
    2. I wouldnt expect you to understand what I was saying. Im saying its shit, I dont want it, it shouldnt bet the plan but if its going to be the plan, then at least pick the best person to do it. Dont know how that is hard to understand.
    3. So? He has shown in 17 games or what ever that he cant do it. So why not pick someone else and give them a chance.
    4. Rubbish. In hodkinson and renyolds only crack together, they did it.
    5. Keary is a proud NSWelshman. Walker is a half, playing fullback because of injury. The first bit of the season he was playing 6 and killing it. He is a 6 and still plays the role of 6 in attack. If you want to say that he is a fullback just for the sake of ur argument, then lolz, ok.
    6. My mistake
    7. As do walker and keary.

Anyway, he was not the only reason NSW lost. Thats obvious. But he was clearly part of the reason. Thats obvious too.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:52 pm

He played great today, hopefully he can carry that form into origin for once.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:36 am

lolololololololol
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:11 am

No one is disputing his club form or credentials, very much the opposite and literally said that.
    The problem is translating it to origin, which he has barely if ever been able to do.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:59 pm

2015, 2016 & 2017 Origin Champions have announced their team for Game 3.

Will Chambers
    Gavin Cooper
    Cooper Cronk
    Dane Gagai
    Matt Gillett
    Tim Glasby
    Coen Hess
    Valentine Holmes
    Ben Hunt
    Josh McGuire
    Michael Morgan
    Cameron Munster
    Dylan Napa
    Josh Papalii
    Billy Slater
    Cameron Smith (c)
    Jarrod Wallace

Hunt and Glasby the obvious talking points but otherwise, no real surprises.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Lol Ben hunt in the 14
    Crazy town
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Never before in the history of the game has an origin team been missing so much talent due to injury - and they will still win. What a bunch of champions. Absolute legends. Tim Glasby is also playing.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:14 pm

i always thought the DCE talk was a beat up, i think its less to do with him being blacklisted like the media is now trying to spin and more to do with suitable combinations

Moving forward, i think DCE is a big chance to be there next year when JT and Cronk move fon, he is a more ball dominant player then morgan/munster/hunt etc and i don't think thats what QLD needed when they have cronk directing them this year

but moving on, i think he is their best choice in 2018 for the 7 with the above 3 + milf & norman fighting for the 6

NSW will never forgive themselves if they lose this series, all the pissing contest over being under dogs aside, we blew game 2 with stupidity but their team has got much weaker since that game, we lose game 3 and i think its comfortably our worst series loss of this whole dynasty
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:45 pm

I have a theory that Hunt is in to cover dummy half. 

Good cover without drawing too much attention.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:09 pm

that cunt smith never gets injured or tired, they don't need to cover hooker
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:37 pm

leaguegod wrote:i always thought the DCE talk was a beat up, i think its less to do with him being blacklisted like the media is now trying to spin and more to do with suitable combinations

Moving forward, i think DCE is a big chance to be there next year when JT and Cronk move fon, he is a more  ball dominant player then morgan/munster/hunt etc and i don't think thats what QLD needed when they have cronk directing them this year

but moving on, i think he is their best choice in 2018 for the 7 with the above 3 + milf & norman fighting for the 6

NSW will never forgive themselves if they lose this series, all the pissing contest over being under dogs aside, we blew game 2 with stupidity but their team has got much weaker since that game, we lose game 3 and i think its comfortably our worst series loss of this whole dynasty

Yeah DCE playing well but as you have suggested, more to do with a potential clash with Cronk.

For 2018, DCE would certainly be in contention to replace Cronk but I think BHunt also falls into the same category and may well be DCE's biggest competition for the spot.

For this game, I like the selection of BHunt ahead of DCE.
    Not so much as backup for Smith (which he can cover if need be) but mainly to come on as that ball playing lock role that our utility has often played over the years.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:05 pm

I know Hunt is the big talking point here, but I am still shocked Oates isn't in the side. Consider all the focus down his wing in Game 1 I thought he was still really solid. I would love to have seen Gagai in the CTRs and Oates outside him to replace Boyd. However Munster has been really pushing for it this couple of weeks so it is deserved.

As OSM mentioned above Hunt is a clear cut style of player for our Utility role. Really interested to see how much Morgan steps up in regards to playing in the starting role. This is the ideal game for him to step up and take the reigns. It will go a long way to securing the position for himself next year. I mean he will certainly be in the 17 but if he turns it up and performs it should turn things into a three horse race between Norman, DCE and Hunt for next year.

Milford sadly crumbled this year, Munster I can see making a push for that FB jumper next year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:10 pm

Smith and Cronk dont like DCE. Its as simple as that.
    As soon as they are gone, DCE will be picked.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:20 pm

Pieman wrote:Smith and Cronk dont like DCE. Its as simple as that.
    As soon as they are gone, DCE will be picked.

Mate just because Smith has final say with the referee's, doesn't mean he can influence selectors also.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:03 am

I'm pretty sure Hunt walked in on Kevie's missus giving Kerrod a blowie and that's why he's been picked.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:52 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Mate just because Smith has final say with the referee's, doesn't mean he can influence selectors also.

Lol
    Tim Glasby

Clearly the better option is to start DCE (good to see the QLD loyalty myth - if it even still exists - debunked again) and have Morgan on the bench.

Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:57 am

Morgan has been huge since JT went down, perhaps the best player in the comp the last few weeks. He deserved to start. They obviously wanted a certain type of player for bench utility, and Hunt will be better at that role than anyone else.

I wouldn't have minded if they picked DCE on the bench. He's always done that role well for QLD, only having a couple of shockers when he played halfback when Cronk was injured. But I back Hunt to do the job asked of him as well.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:42 pm

I dont think hunt will do a bad job, but IMO he isnt the most dangerous player to have there / is not in great form (or even good form)

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am