NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 27 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:45 am

Word about the we have Bennett in our sites.

Look, he has had a storied career, I can't knock him really, but I'm not convinced he is a better short or long term option for us.

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 27 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by ryno_ Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:47 am

Ice wrote:Word about the we have Bennett in our sites.

Look, he has had a storied career, I can't knock him really, but I'm not convinced he is a better short or long term option for us.

Where do you play Boyd then?
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 am

ryno_ wrote:

Where do you play Boyd then?
    Haha, was thinking that. Probably on the wing outside Hayne.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:19 am

Ice wrote:
    Haha, was thinking that.  Probably on the wing outside Hayne.

Great finisher, best place for him
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:10 am

Wonder how BA feels about all the Bennett talk, gees it's a real kick in the guts if you ask me

Parra need to lock up Alvaro long term, he with Nathan Brown are that forward pack
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:23 pm

MrCashman wrote:Wonder how BA feels about all the Bennett talk, gees it's a real kick in the guts if you ask me

Parra need to lock up Alvaro long term, he with Nathan Brown are that forward pack

BA might be thinking, gee we finally get the books in order and i go and spend a heap on Hayne Hoffman Evans TRex, what was i thinking. Its ok i put in a lot of effort and if i can just fix my discipline and grind it out ill keep my job.

Deadset i like BA but if he keeps picking the same blokes especially MJennings and Hoffman he deserves the chop.

Gutherson needs to be fullback, bring Salmon into the halves with Norman (or Moses but only 1) Taka and Hayne centres GJennings and French(or Leleisiuo when fit) as the wingers.

Not sure what he sees in Terepo he is either rushing up and leaving a hole or sitting back being lazy and not covering from the inside, with the ball he is good for 2 knock ons a game.

Not sure who we are going to sign to improve the side next year(Paulo really doesnt inspire much confidence), we should have been after guys like Pangai jnr but we werent even in the conversation before he re-signed. Can only hope Jennings goes to ESL rather then taking up his 2 year option. I wouldnt be re-signing any of the blokes on 1 year deals (Hayne Trex ect)
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:45 am

Ice wrote:
    Haha, was thinking that.  Probably on the wing outside Hayne.

boyd has proven to be one of the all time great ball putterdownerers in rep teams - of all time
    yet got dropped from the QLD team
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:53 am

Ferguson and the Morris brothers being linked to the Eels. I hate Fergo, can't stand him, but he is in decent form. But not convinced he is the answer to our troubles. The Morris boys.........only if they are bargain basement. Better options than Hoffman and Avua though I guess, and it puts doubt over Haynes future.

Austin also being talked about. He isn't a Premiership quality half so not convinced there either.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:19 am

Ice wrote:Ferguson and the Morris brothers being linked to the Eels. I hate Fergo, can't stand him, but he is in decent form. But not convinced he is the answer to our troubles. The Morris boys.........only if they are bargain basement. Better options than Hoffman and Avua though I guess, and it puts doubt over Haynes future.

Austin also being talked about. He isn't a Premiership quality half so not convinced there either.

If a sexually abusive winger is the answer - you're asking the wrong questions.

Morris' would be a good pickup, few steady heads around, which for an otherwise young backline isnt a bad thing.

Disagree with Austin - he'd be a good pickup. Good half, better bloke. Puts in in defence. Not afraid to run at the line. Age-wise, still in the right bracket. In a rough patch but who hasn't had one of those playing in Canberra?

Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:27 am

ryno_ wrote:

If a sexually abusive winger is the answer - you're asking the wrong questions.

Morris' would be a good pickup, few steady heads around, which for an otherwise young backline isnt a bad thing.

Disagree with Austin - he'd be a good pickup. Good half, better bloke. Puts in in defence. Not afraid to run at the line. Age-wise, still in the right bracket. In a rough patch but who hasn't had one of those playing in Canberra?

Yep, don't want Fergo. Morris boys I wouldn't hate.

I really like Austin as a person, a great club man Inc the mould of Gutherson. But more as a 14 than starting half. I'd be happy if we got him no doubt about it. He doesn't have the class of Norman, but if we stick with Moses, and Norman walks, which is certainly possible at the end of 2019 or maybe before, Austin, as a non dominant running half may slot in ok.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:33 am

That was too soul destroying to make a joke out of, my condolenses.

But not so bad that you can't put the boot into Hayne. Deep heat, the grown man's version of an 8 year olds magic water. What self respecting professional athlete goes down so the trainer can come out, pull your sock down, rub some deep heat on your shin before re-dressing you ? Was his shin cramping up ? How fuckin musculy is his shin ?

Everything fines now, wave to mummy.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:56 am

How the fuck did the Eels lose that game, in total control for 75 minutes and get rolled again.

At least they had a dig for 70 odd minutes
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:21 pm

3 reasons we lost

1. Tactics - BA and the team have now lost 6 games by penalty goals, yet for some reason still refuse to take them, 2 oppourtuintes turned down in the first 10min, Dragons get 1 take it and win by 2.

2. Michael Jennings - again this bloke gives away a stupid penalty that turns the momentum, i dont care how slight the touch was he had no need to even do that much.

3. Will Smith - shlt for brains this bloke, not 1st grade standard but keeps getting a run. Lucky to only be called for 1 forward pass, threw a heap more. Then going for a 40/20 when up by 4 early in the count with minutes left, what were you thinking!!!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:50 pm

shan, re the penalty goals, while i do agree its usually the smart play, you guys also turned it down when up 4, most teams take it to go up 6. hayne scored that set(converted). so i'd argue that not taking penalties was actually a +2 for parra in the end.

The will smith kick was truly awful tho
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:56 pm

No Worries wrote:That was too soul destroying to make a joke out of, my condolenses.

But not so bad that you can't put the boot into Hayne. Deep heat, the grown man's version of an 8 year olds magic water. What self respecting professional athlete goes down so the trainer can come out, pull your sock down, rub some deep heat on your shin before re-dressing you ? Was his shin cramping up ? How fuckin musculy is his shin ?

in saying that, he played pretty well i thought
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Pieman wrote:

in saying that, he played pretty well i thought

Agree, it was probably his best performance of the year
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:52 pm

I actually turned it off, something I have NEVER done before, when we lead by 10 with 10 to play. My wife had said to me, "so are you guys home?" I said "please, it's the Eels, we can lose from anywhere" and honestly I just knew, after controlling the game for basically its entirety, that we were going to somehow throw it away and for the first time ever, I just couldn't bare to watch. I turned it off, and we went ahead a lost. Fuck!!
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:53 pm

No Worries wrote:That was too soul destroying to make a joke out of, my condolenses.

It was pain away bro, it takes the pain away.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Ice wrote:I actually turned it off, something I have NEVER done before, when we lead by 10 with 10 to play. My wife had said to me, "so are you guys home?" I said "please, it's the Eels, we can lose from anywhere" and honestly I just knew, after controlling the game for basically its entirety, that we were going to somehow throw it away and for the first time ever, I just couldn't bare to watch. I turned it off, and we went ahead a lost. Fuck!!

haha i had the exact same feeling and almost did the same thing, i said im not going to watch because i know we'll lose but in the end i couldnt help myself
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:49 pm

fergo signs with the eels for next season lolz

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 am