NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 7 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:45 pm

surmo13 wrote:

He is, i don't know why he felt the need to take that shot, but he couldn't have been any wider of the mark if he tried, this shoulder problem is the first time Bird's missed games through injury since being in the top grade, he's only played a utility role in representive games and has been selected for 5 consecutive origins.

God you boys are precious, it was simply the first example that came to mind. You can't say anything about the mighty Broncos with being accused of taking pot shots or knowing nothing or being a football retard, deadset some of you blokes are tops. Don't get so sooky la la. Signing players on massive dollars is always a risk, Bird for a million is a big risk, you can't deny it, he has a chronic illness and hasn't solidified a certain position at club level (that is the utility reference, is he a FB, a centre, a half a lock, I imagine his versatility will haunt him much like It has Hayne) Hayne at any price at the moment is a big risk, he has a chronic headspace issue/motivation issue, I'm not one eyed enough to deny it, move along.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 7 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:31 am

Ice wrote:

God you boys are precious, it was simply the first example that came to mind. You can't say anything about the mighty Broncos with being accused of taking pot shots or knowing nothing or being a football retard, deadset some of you blokes are tops. Don't get so sooky la la. Signing players on massive dollars is always a risk,  Bird for a million is a big risk, you can't deny it, he has a chronic illness and hasn't solidified a certain position at club level (that is the utility reference, is he a FB, a centre, a half a lock, I imagine his versatility will haunt him much like It has Hayne) Hayne at any price at the moment is a big risk, he has a chronic headspace issue/motivation issue, I'm not one eyed enough to deny it, move along.

notice no-one came at Pieman with his Matt Lodge dig in the Broncos thread? No-ones getting their knickers in a knot over you 'saying anything about the mighty Broncos', it's more confusion at why you would bizarrely bring them into a discussion that didn't involve them or any Broncos supporters in such a half-assed, lazy and incorrect fashion. it'd be like me responding to the aforementioned Pieman post with "Well yeah Lodge is a bit of a shit-cunt, but Hayne is a lazy-eyed fuck that probably bashes woman' and expect you not to have your say.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:22 am

He wouldn't have a lazy eye if Nate Myles didn't gouge the fuck out of it.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 7 1yPX5Ub
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:54 am

surmo13 wrote:

notice no-one came at Pieman with his Matt Lodge dig in the Broncos thread? No-ones getting their knickers in a knot over you 'saying anything about the mighty Broncos', it's more confusion at why you would bizarrely bring them into a discussion that didn't involve them or any Broncos supporters in such a half-assed, lazy and incorrect fashion. it'd be like me responding to the aforementioned Pieman post with "Well yeah Lodge is a bit of a shit-cunt, but Hayne is a lazy-eyed fuck that probably bashes woman' and expect you not to have your say.
    No one replied to that because there is no argument for signing a piece of shit like that.

And Ice is most certainly spot on, if someone says something that remotely resembles a criticism of the Bronco's (and sometimes even if its just interpreted as one) a handful of posters here absolutely get their backs up for no good reason. Its good tho coz it would be pretty boring around here if that didnt happen.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:20 am

No Worries wrote:He wouldn't have a lazy eye if Nate Myles didn't gouge the fuck out of it.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 7 1yPX5Ub
    This picture sums up the QLD vs NSW rivalry quite nicely.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 am

Pieman wrote:No one replied to that because there is no argument for signing a piece of shit like that.

Suddenly Pieman is the defender of decency Laughing

Defended Ferguson and his sexual assault but now that its a Broncos signing, tables have turned. Fantastic.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:34 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Suddenly Pieman is the defender of decency Laughing

Defended Ferguson and his sexual assault but now that its a Broncos signing, tables have turned. Fantastic.
    cool
    keep harping on about some stuff you made up, or some stuff you were too simple to comprehend mate
    ur cool
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:34 pm

why did you stop down-voting all my posts mate? Sad
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Most Broncos don't want Lodge signed. It's no surprise that Bennett has done so though, he has a history of signing or trying to sign guys with poor histories. He was trying to sign Russell Packer to the Knights before the Dragons got him. Didn't Chris Houston come back under Bennett after his stint in England? From what I gather I think even back in the 80's when he started in the Broncos, they knew of Joe Kilroy's history.

It seems he's far more forgiving of serious past sins than he is of much less criminal or behaviourial indescretions under his watch (Costigan, Gagai, O'Neill etc)

Post by Guest Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Pieman wrote:

And Ice is most certainly spot on, if someone says something that remotely resembles a criticism of the Bronco's (and sometimes even if its just interpreted as one) a handful of posters here absolutely get their backs up for no good reason. Its good tho coz it would be pretty boring around here if that didnt happen.

in what world do you live in, in which you can expect to criticise something and not be met with some sort of pushback? Especially when a large portion of Broncos criticism here is much less 'criticism' and much more 'over-exaggeration' or 'made-up bullshit'.

just so we're clear on where you stand in agreement with Ice, you spending the entire back end of the season getting all wound up over RYNO's comments earlier in the season about the Knights not improving was you being precious and a 'sooky la la'?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm

What on earth are you crying about Surmho?

:pp:

Bronco fans = the most precious, entitled "fans" in the rugby league Kingdom
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:50 pm

surmo13 wrote:

I used the bird example cause i assumed it would be easily understood by the Bulk of supporters around here and was a current issue in the media, nothing bizarre about that and nothing incorrect about it either, and it appears most Broncos fans took it as such, sorry that you struggled with it.  But the point stands, Bird at a million is a big risk. If you don't agree, then so be it, but it doesn't make the comparison any less valid and certainly wasn't a cheap shot, which is clearly how you've taken it.

And the Matt Lodge thing Is also a valid point, and one that had been previously speculated about so perfectly natural for Pieman to raise his signing.  it's a terrible signing by a team that usually and many profess have set and hold themselves to higher standards, and I think most reasonable Broncos posters around here have said they don't like the Lodge signing as they should.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:01 am

Pieman wrote:What on earth are you crying about Surmho?

:pp:

Bronco fans = the most precious, entitled "fans" in the rugby league Kingdom

sooooooo, in other words:

"Hmm, as usual, i've found myself in a spot where answering a simple question will prove me to be the giant hypocrite that i am, so i'll go back to the well - an 'insulting' nickname that an 8-year-old would think up and then go 'no, that's stupid, i need something better', then i'll ignore the question in favour of playing eenie meenie minie mo with the emojis, and to finish it off, revelling in the dumb shit i spewed like a dog that licks up his own vomit, and then just press the send button, and it's good to go! did i do good, Nurse Ratched?"
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:17 am

Well that was easy

Fishing
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:32 am

Also, you want me to answer what "question"? The one where you exaggerated and made up bullshit? Cool so ill put some time and effort into arguing that stuff... awesome. Fuckin Lol - and with the insults you have dished out to me over our last few convos - bloody hell, having a sook about that? Wow. I was just attempting to stir some of you blokes up for shits and giggles, but I think Ive cracked you Sashmo. Skin like a rice paper roll. 

Sorry mate.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 am

Something for you to bat off to @Ice. The first grandstand is going up.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 7 Na3FrEL
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Best sub 35,000 seat stadium in the land!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:35 am

So its being reported that Hayne has agreed to terms with the Eels for 500k x1 year, but its delaying announcing it and requesting a release from the Titan's until after the world cup so that he can continue getting paid his share of the 1.2.

Thoughts?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Pieman wrote:So its being reported that Hayne has agreed to terms with the Eels for 500k x1 year, but its delaying announcing it and requesting a release from the Titan's until after the world cup so that he can continue getting paid his share of the 1.2.

Thoughts?

Yeah sounds like something Hayne would do.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:53 pm

Sounds like half a story.

Yep he is entitled to pocket $180k (Nov/Dec) before he is due to return in Jan. But how can he be signing with another club ? There has to be more to the story than Hayne is a money hungry lazy grub. Do the titans need to release him ? do they want to release him ? Do they charge a $200K get out of contract early fee ?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:53 am