NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Ozymandias Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:49 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    lol!

I think the first one is a missed tackle
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:53 am

A slap TB or a more conventional one
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:54 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Team is sound mate but you're excited to release an AE in Elgey, but replaced by the looks with Hampton?

One of the biggest AE traps in the game Hampton, unless you have some insta trade plan in 3 weeks

High score of 22pts in first 5 rounds looks about his level in that side when JT and Granville back

Great backrow though btw

Yes the hampton thing is a slaughter with jacks up or vice versa. Aelgey kills my life. There's a frawley plan too
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:17 am

Anyone skipping one of the halfs for Mr T the bulldogs cheapie Frf?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:54 am

Finch wrote:

FWIW: I've just said to myself to trust my gut on every trade, throw caution to the wind etc. I'm sure my luck will change eventually but Im going good so far being ranked around 600 odd, with 28 trades left and $300K odd ITB.

I got on TPG before his first price rise, Crichton the week he was named to start, Frawley 2 weeks ago, pus there have been a couple of others I think (I didn't get on Hess, my biggest fail yet this year). So I got everyone for basically their cheapest price, all because I took some risks. I also didn't make a single trade until round 3.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, take some risks, don't need to play it safe every single week and following the crowd. What if Frawley doesn't start this week, but he does next week? Are you going to bring him in then? If you bring him in this week, and the majority of people don't you are 1 step ahead of everyone. Dont apply this to just Frawley, apply it to any player in the future.

While people are trading out Elgey, Suli, Kelly, Talakai etc etc, I did it the week before. The biggest disadvantage here is that you miss out on 7-10k (Price rise when players peaked) but you are 1 step ahead of everyone, so to speak. I see people talking about bringing in Graham etc next week, while I'm doing it this week, because I've already sold player X that they are selling this week.

This is a great post, and when you look at getting Frawley last week, it certainly paid off in that instance.

I might skip Hampton because I think there's not much game time in him and trade Jacks to Frawley and play Lamb until I can afford to upgrade him.

I will probably get Crichton for Musgrove just because I can spend less cash and will have less to make to upgrade Lamb to Walker next week. Plus Yates might come back into the picture now.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:58 am

OnTheLast wrote:Anyone skipping one of the halfs for Mr T the bulldogs cheapie Frf?

He could be a good cashout for the byes, but no urgency he's not going to rise in price amazingly from the bench. From what I've seen - which was admittedly only the nines - he looks like he could be a monster of a player at some point.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:09 am

Could I have a second set of eyes here on what I'm doing?  Does this make sense and am I am thinking ahead sensibly?  This is my team;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Wallace Musgrove Yates
    Surgess Bodene Hess Siro Kaufusi Winterstein
    Norman Lamb Jacks Elgey
    SMat Turbo Kelly Idris
    RTS Ponga Slater Cotric Suli

53K ITN with 28 trades

My goal is to get Walker in for Lamb but want Crichton this week.  Am going Jacks to Frawley (as I think he will start in the future and like him better than the likes of Hampton, Niko etc.) which nets me 123K.  Going Musgrove to Crichton would leave me with 101K.  Leaving Musgrove for byes and trading Yates instead leaves me with 55K.  Then looking at the gap between Walker and Lamb only having the 55K really limits my downgrade abilities next week to fund it.  Someone like Suli or Kelly won't make enough whereas having 101K it would be a simple downgrade for either of those two.  Finding the extra 50K might mean I have to downgrade the likes of Siro instead which I don't want to do just for the sake of holding Musgrove.

So while I'd like to hold Musgrove for the byes, fixing my halves which is a higher priority, it's going to leave me stuck I think.  So am I right for getting rid of Musgrove over Yates in this situation?

Thanks lads.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 am

Is Whitehead actually worth it? Yes he is undervalued, but isn't a season long keeper and only plays 1 of the major bye rounds. I understand the appeal, but if you are starting to be plan while also keeping trades in mind then perhaps someone like JBrom who plays the last two, or Gallen/Graham who play the first two are much better targets. JBrom represents similar value and has much more chance of being in your final 17 if he picks his shit up, while both Gallen and Graham while are an expensive outlay, they provide elite level scoring for 2 bye rounds and are season long keepers
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:20 am

wolfking wrote:Could I have a second set of eyes here on what I'm doing?  Does this make sense and am I am thinking ahead sensibly?  This is my team;

Smith Brailey
    Norman Lamb Jacks Elgey
    SMat Turbo Kelly Idris

53K ITN with 28 trades

My goal is to get Walker in for Lamb but want Crichton this week.  Am going Jacks to Frawley (as I think he will start in the future and like him better than the likes of Hampton, Niko etc.) which nets me 123K.  Going Musgrove to Crichton would leave me with 101K.  Leaving Musgrove for byes and trading Yates instead leaves me with 55K.  Then looking at the gap between Walker and Lamb only having the 55K really limits my downgrade abilities next week to fund it.  Someone like Suli or Kelly won't make enough whereas having 101K it would be a simple downgrade for either of those two.  Finding the extra 50K might mean I have to downgrade the likes of Siro instead which I don't want to do just for the sake of holding Musgrove.

So while I'd like to hold Musgrove for the byes, fixing my halves which is a higher priority, it's going to leave me stuck I think.  So am I right for getting rid of Musgrove over Yates in this situation?

Thanks lads.

I've been over this 3 times and can't find a simple answer, haha. Both have merit but at least the Buhrer news has increased Yates chances of making a bit more coin. I understand that is not part of your equation, but maybe softens the blow of trading a bye player.

Buuuuuuuutttt...with your position this year, wouldn't you be more suited to chasing big rank jumps over byes than that 50k?

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:26 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:Is Whitehead actually worth it? Yes he is undervalued, but isn't a season long keeper and only plays 1 of the major bye rounds. I understand the appeal, but if you are starting to be plan while also keeping trades in mind then perhaps someone like JBrom who plays the last two, or Gallen/Graham who play the first two are much better targets. JBrom represents similar value and has much more chance of being in your final 17 if he picks his shit up, while both Gallen and Graham while are an expensive outlay, they provide elite level scoring for 2 bye rounds and are season long keepers

Skipping Whitehead for now personally. My 2RF is allready full of 'riskier' players in regards injury/job security/in game injury real life centre options.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:27 am

wolfking wrote:Could I have a second set of eyes here on what I'm doing?  Does this make sense and am I am thinking ahead sensibly?  This is my team;

Smith Brailey
    Norman Lamb Jacks Elgey
    SMat Turbo Kelly Idris

53K ITN with 28 trades

Thanks lads.

Suli and Kelly look to have peaked so clearing at least one of them out next week is a plus, as does the potential for Yates to squeeze out a bit more money given the Burher injury news from today.

Then it boils down to Siro + Walker vs Musgrove + Walker. While having Musgrove would be the nice for the bye rounds, an important thing to think about is that it isn't like some teams play more games in the season or anything. Between now and the end of round 19 Musgrove and Siro will barring injury play the exact same amount of games. The difference comes with can you cover them when they are on byes. If you kept Siro, do you have someone who will play to limit the loss in points that Musgrove would make for the first two bye rounds, in addition you will get Siro's points for when Musgrove would be on byes so they too go towards cancelling out the bye factor. Siro probably has a little bit of price rises in him left, while Musgrove has probably levelled out .
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:27 am

Thoughts on what we should do with Sash's team this week?

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 8 0d027e0c8cd106e3ecb5dd01bbd86883
    2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 8 7607a2efffac344e0c0d03c1c3eab2c7

Last edited by Random on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fisho

Post by Fisho Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 am

I've been avoiding looking at fantasy all week as I've had no clue where to begin haha! But I've finally got what I think will be my final trades for this week.

Buhrer out/ Whitehead in
    B.Kelly out/ Holmes in

Holmes is averaging around 18pt from just run meters alone. A few attacking stats per game on top of that and I believe he could be a cut-price keeper.

My 2RF is starting to look like a mess.. I've decided to sit on Taylor for a while. Last 2 games he's had an increase in minutes with roughly 75 minutes. Plus I don't expect any more games where gets 10 miss tackles! Shocked

Mezza is a concern but I'll maintain my faith... and the Halves problem is a real thing but I have Elgey to fill the void if needed. I'll be hoping Carty plays this week so his price can start falling and hopefully have him come in around Rd 10. (Or once his BE levels out)

Smith, Cook(R)
    McGuire, JWallace, Faufusi(R), Yates
    Surgess, JDB, Merrin, ET(R), Whitehead(R), CHN
    Norman, Jacks, Elgey, Fogerty
    Cotric, Idris, Suli, RJennings
    RTS, Slater, Holmes, Abbey, Phythian
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 am

SI wrote:

Skipping Whitehead for now personally. My 2RF is allready full of 'riskier' players in regards injury/job security/in game injury real life centre options.

Yea that's what I'm thinking too. Stuck waiting at an airport so doing some bye planning and realised that Whitehead isn't all that valuable beyond being underpriced. Wanted JBrom for the exact same reason as well as being handy for 2 byes and saw that the only way I could bring Whitehead in as well as JBrom would mean no Gallen unless Surgess received DPP before round 12 and I'd rather have Gallen than Whitehead and not have to rely on both Madge putting Surgess into the frf on team sheets but also fanhub doing their job
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:45 am

Fisho wrote:I've been avoiding looking at fantasy all week as I've had no clue where to begin haha! But I've finally got what I think will be my final trades for this week.

Buhrer out/ Whitehead in
    B.Kelly out/ Holmes in

Holmes is averaging around 18pt from just run meters alone. A few attacking stats per game on top of that and I believe he could be a cut-price keeper.

My 2RF is starting to look like a mess.. I've decided to sit on Taylor for a while. Last 2 games he's had an increase in minutes with roughly 75 minutes. Plus I don't expect any more games where gets 10 miss tackles! Shocked

Mezza is a concern but I'll maintain my faith... and the Halves problem is a real thing but I have Elgey to fill the void if needed. I'll be hoping Carty plays this week so his price can start falling and hopefully have him come in around Rd 10. (Or once his BE levels out)

Smith, Cook(R)
    McGuire, JWallace, Faufusi(R), Yates
    Surgess, JDB, Merrin, ET(R), Whitehead(R), CHN
    Norman, Jacks, Elgey, Fogerty
    Cotric, Idris, Suli, RJennings
    RTS, Slater, Holmes, Abbey, Phythian

I touched on my thoughts about Whitehead in an earlier post so will leave that. Kelly to Holmes is a good move, I'm slightly kicking myself I traded out Holmes at the start when Flano was playing silly buggers but it was to Slater so can't complain too much. 2nd row is looking relatively fine. I'd stay with ET like you are for a bit and see how things shape up there as Clearly gets the team playing how he wants. ET in previous Cleary teams was always good for 50+ games from memory. A bit concerned about Merrin for you. I think he will ease up but the risk is if he gets back to being a 55 point player and if not how much cash will he have lost. I'd make a call in the coming rounds if I were you because it isn't like he is bye friendly or anything and with Wallace in FRF you could try trade him out to Graham/Tolman for the byes. Which is probably what you planned on doing with McGuire but you could then wait and see if Fifita gets named and use McGuire there, or trade McGuire for a bottomed out James or switching back Wallace and getting Gallen in.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:49 am

SI wrote:

I've been over this 3 times and can't find a simple answer, haha. Both have merit but at least the Buhrer news has increased Yates chances of making a bit more coin. I understand that is not part of your equation, but maybe softens the blow of trading a bye player.

Buuuuuuuutttt...with your position this year, wouldn't you be more suited to chasing big rank jumps over byes than that 50k?

Hence my questioning of what I am looking at doing. The Buhrer news actually did play a hand in my thinking. It's not the 50K itself, it's just having that money to get Walker next week without downgrading someone like Siro before someone like Kelly. But yeah, with my shit ranking this year, I do need all the bye players I can get, but I want to strengthen my squad and not sure if Musgrove's 30 points will be worth it in the long run if it causes me short term loses. Thanks for the response, it is a lot to think about.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Suli and Kelly look to have peaked so clearing at least one of them out next week is a plus, as does the potential for Yates to squeeze out a bit more money given the Burher injury news from today.

Then it boils down to Siro + Walker vs Musgrove + Walker. While having Musgrove would be the nice for the bye rounds, an important thing to think about is that it isn't like some teams play more games in the season or anything. Between now and the end of round 19 Musgrove and Siro will barring injury play the exact same amount of games. The difference comes with can you cover them when they are on byes. If you kept Siro, do you have someone who will play to limit the loss in points that Musgrove would make for the first two bye rounds, in addition you will get Siro's points for when Musgrove would be on byes so they too go towards cancelling out the bye factor. Siro probably has a little bit of price rises in him left, while Musgrove has probably levelled out .

Thanks mate.  I've always thought that about the bye's.  I think people seem to think that teams are more advantaged in bye's just from what rounds they play.  I remember a lot of us did a lot of bye planning last year and from week to week things came up and those plans always most of the time got thrown out the window.  Thanks for the response, but I'm leaning towards Musgrove to make upgrading Lamb easier next week.  I could do a double trade next week and get Walker the week after, but again that could very well be a short term loss.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:55 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:
    SI wrote:

Yea that's what I'm thinking too. Stuck waiting at an airport so doing some bye planning and realised that Whitehead isn't all that valuable beyond being underpriced. Wanted JBrom for the exact same reason as well as being handy for 2 byes and saw that the only way I could bring Whitehead in as well as JBrom would mean no Gallen unless Surgess received DPP before round 12 and I'd rather have Gallen than Whitehead and not have to rely on both Madge putting Surgess into the frf on team sheets but also fanhub doing their job

JBrom having decent byes does make him a look in, but my gut tells me Whitehead is probably the better trade if I was set on doing one of them. I can't have Whitehead because:

I have SMat/Maubbs/Manners-the 3 most likely to play Centre through injury. I don't need Whitehead in there as well, haha. Also got Podene who seems week to week, along with Hess, Yates and TPG who aren't 100% starters. So Whitehead would be like adding fuel to the fire with my particular 2RF make up.

Where are you off to Beast?
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:56 am

wolfking wrote:

Thanks mate.  I've always thought that about the bye's.  I think people seem to think that teams are more advantaged in bye's just from what rounds they play.  I remember a lot of us did a lot of bye planning last year and from week to week things came up and those plans always most of the time got thrown out the window.  Thanks for the response, but I'm leaning towards Musgrove to make upgrading Lamb easier next week.  I could do a double trade next week and get Walker the week after, but again that could very well be a short term loss.

agreed. when choosing one player over another for the byes, it often seems to get overlooked that they will both play the same amount of games between round 12 and round 19, just a matter of what else you have to cover and then you weigh up the points difference vs cash.

agreed, it looks like Musgrove out is the better move for you at this stage. now you've got me working out how to bring in Walker too lol!
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:59 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:Is Whitehead actually worth it? Yes he is undervalued, but isn't a season long keeper and only plays 1 of the major bye rounds. I understand the appeal, but if you are starting to be plan while also keeping trades in mind then perhaps someone like JBrom who plays the last two, or Gallen/Graham who play the first two are much better targets. JBrom represents similar value and has much more chance of being in your final 17 if he picks his shit up, while both Gallen and Graham while are an expensive outlay, they provide elite level scoring for 2 bye rounds and are season long keepers

Is Wraham still in the Origin mix? Hasn't he been involved in a game or two?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:49 pm