NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Dip

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by Dip Tue May 30, 2017 2:50 pm

I'll admit it. I turn into a bit of a cunt around origin time.
    Krump
    Krump

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by Krump Tue May 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Dip wrote:I'll admit it. I turn into a bit of a cunt around origin time.
    Don't we all?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue May 30, 2017 3:32 pm

Krump wrote:
    Don't we all?

OI C*NT! WAS I SPEAKING TO YOU????

Ooops. Sorry... typo....
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 30, 2017 3:37 pm

dasherhalo wrote:

OI C*NT! CUNT! WAS I SPEAKING TO YOU????

Ooops. Sorry... typo....

Fixed that typo for you mate.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue May 30, 2017 3:40 pm

To be fair, I just wasted half of my Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale... I may have been slightly upset.

#learntopourabeerffs

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 10 Whoops10

Mod Edit: Dropped down the size.

Last edited by dasherhalo on Tue May 30, 2017 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue May 30, 2017 3:40 pm

Dip wrote:I'll admit it. I turn into a bit of a cunt around origin time.

I haven't noticed a change...
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 pm

Jesus Christ - look at the size of the damn pic.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 30, 2017 8:06 pm

I still cant fathom that NSW is favourite

Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:05 am

Barring injuries I can actually only see Qld making two changes max for game 2. To do otherwise would be to admit they got this team horribly wrong, and I don't think they did and I don't think that loss will make them think they did, and nor should it, so mass changes will give a greater indication of where this side is heading than tonight's loss will.

I think Thurston will be a straight swap for Milford, who will miss out, and I suspect they will accept they MUST bring in some bigger fresh meat in the pack, which will see Wallace replace Guerra. I will be very surprised if they admit to getting it wrong with Slater after one game.

If I'm a Qlder, I'm nervous, but I'm not panicking.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:14 am

Yeah Thurston will totally change the way the team plays if hes healthy.

They should have picked slater - totally the wrong call. The QLD loyalty myth - totally debunked when they didnt pick one of the greatest players of all time.

I could see Lillyman being left out for wallace. Guerra actually played well when he came on, he didnt get enough time IMO.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:18 am

they can't and won't keep myles, there is only so long you can justify loyalty, myles just doesn't have it anymore, he was a great origin player but those days are behind, he can't keep up, wallace will come in for him and it will be a massive upgrade
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:27 am

If people really think JT will be the saviour I will eat a hat, that once great QLD pack got absolutely dominated! They didn't have the likes of Inglis to bail them out when they weren't on tops and They have no one in the Fifita ilk who can dominate the ruck area without Parker and Scott, Wallace might shore it up a notch but it won't be no where near enough, NSW have so many weapons in their prime now it might be a while before QLD can start stringing series together
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:41 am

Welshy wrote:If people really think JT will be the saviour I will eat a hat, that once great QLD pack got absolutely dominated! They didn't have the likes of Inglis to bail them out when they weren't on tops and They have no one in the Fifita ilk who can dominate the ruck area without Parker and Scott, Wallace might shore it up a notch but it won't be no where near enough, NSW have so many weapons in their prime now it might be a while before QLD can start stringing series together

They were alright outside of Myles. Napa & Papa were good when they had the ball and Gagai did a pretty good GI impression to get them out of trouble.

Its not quite panic stations just yet.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:10 am

leaguegod wrote:they can't and won't keep myles, there is only so long you can justify loyalty, myles just doesn't have it anymore, he was a great origin player but those days are behind, he can't keep up, wallace will come in for him and it will be a massive upgrade

Hypothetically if QLD were to punt Myles and Lillyman - who comes in?
    Wallace and who?
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:26 am

there was talk on twitter re hess but i think that would only be if they got rid of guerra who didn't do anything wrong in his short time

i don't know who else they have outside of lillyman, they wouldn't want to go for an edge guys like cooper because they're already giving thaiday minutes in the middle (and he struggled with it). maybe korbin sims ? NAS ? i'm not sure either of them are much better of an option so i can't see QLD making any other changes apart from wallace in for myles and that alone will make a bigger positive difference then most think imo

Papali being really good on the edge and therefore being a must for big minutes there has taken away their best impact bench middle too

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:50 am

Pieman wrote:Yeah Thurston will totally change the way the team plays if hes healthy.

They should have picked slater - totally the wrong call. The QLD loyalty myth - totally debunked when they didnt pick one of the greatest players of all time.

I could see Lillyman being left out for wallace. Guerra actually played well when he came on, he didnt get enough time IMO.

how so? - they left out one of the greatest players of all time for the guys who've been getting the job done in his long absence, wouldn't that confirm loyalty?
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:52 am

Lillyman stays. Game 2 is never the time to make wholesale changes. If we lose game 2 comfortably again then it is a case of bringing in the new guard like Hess.

With our centre players, McGuire and Napa were fine. I actually thought Myles was okay, but like everyone else's opinion, being an unskillful toughnut who's been getting bashed for over a decade has taken it's toll, and IMO he is probably past club level let alone Origin. I can't believe there is talk of him going to the Storm. I actually think he can lift for origin and play a role, but not as a starting prop. He can hold his own for 10-15 minutes either side of half time and thats it.

In my opinion you probably need 5 centre players - 2 starting props, lock, a bench prop, and another bench player who can fill both roles like JTurbo did. Napa and McGuire are certainties. Wallace and Lillyman should be 3 & 4. The 5th I dunno. There is no prop really calling out for selection apart from Wallace that I can think of. Sims would do a job I'm sure, but he's not screaming for selection. The answer might be to put someone like Gillett to lock, as I'm sure he'd handle the middle, push McGuire to starting prop, and have someone like Gavin Cooper play on the edge with Papalii the other side. Those 3 in the centre Wallace, Lillyman and Thaiday on the bench looks okay, though you are taking away from one strength by putting Gillett in the centre.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:18 am

I'd be playing Papalii in the middle before Gillett, he's way too good on the edge to be moving.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:22 am

surmo13 wrote:

how so? - they left out one of the greatest players of all time for the guys who've been getting the job done in his long absence, wouldn't that confirm loyalty?

They left out a legend of origin - who is in awesome form who wanted to play.
    They drop a replacement, not neglect legend.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:45 am

Loyalty isn't picking the same team every game, it's giving preference to those already in the team where there is no noticeable difference in performance or quality. If you think QLD loyalty is a myth because they're not starting with Chris Close and Mal Meninga in the centres anymore you're either an idiot or a troll.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 am