NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Dip wrote:Loyalty isn't picking the same team every game, it's giving preference to those already in the team where there is no noticeable difference in performance or quality. If you think QLD loyalty is a myth because they're not starting with Chris Close and Mal Meninga in the centres anymore you're either an idiot or a troll.
    QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 11 Z
    Pieman
    Pieman

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Dip wrote:Loyalty isn't picking the same team every game, it's giving preference to those already in the team where there is no noticeable difference in performance or quality. If you think QLD loyalty is a myth because they're not starting with Chris Close and Mal Meninga in the centres anymore you're either an idiot or a troll.

Even going by your theory there is a shit tonne of quality difference between Slater and Boyd.
    Especially when you can have both in the side.

Slater improves the side and didnt get selected.

QLD loyalty - MythBusted
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:28 am

i think finchy was right last night when they were talking specifically about myles, if you're ever gonna be loyal its gonna be to guys who have won 10/11 series and it was always gonna end with it going 1 game to long but QLD arn't tied to that after game 1, loyalty was picking him for game 1, giving him a last chance to prove everyone wrong but now that its clear, he won't be back

it was only ever gonna end that way imo, he only plays like 33 mins a game for manly, we talk about players being able to find extra for origin and myles was that guys for years but the speed of that first half, he doesn't have the match fitness to deal with it at this stage of his career

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:37 am

I reckon myles wouldnt have been picked if Scott was healthy, prob not rocket science to figure that out tho
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:58 am

Lucky for the QLD selectors Cordner saved them the embarrassment of dropping Myles. Let's them keep that loyalty myth going a little longer.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:56 pm

This is the Qld side that should easily win game 2:

1. Slater (will be soooo happy if he is left out)
    2. Oates
    3. Chambers
    4. Gagai
    5. Boyd
    6. Thurston (please injure your shoulder again)
    7. Cronk
    8. Napa
    9. Smith
    10. Papalli
    11. Gillett
    12. Hess
    13. McGuire

14. Milford (he scares me from the bench)
    15. Wallace
    16. Thaiday
    17. Lilyman (the 16 and 17 aren't a concern at all)

That spine is deluxe and the pack shouldn't get totally dominated, which is all they need to do to allow the spine to control the game and get the chocolates.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:21 am

the Hess hype train probably needs to slam on the breaks but i'm happy for him to get throw in as a NSW fan, i've got visions of what wade graham and maloney did to him in the prelim final and i would be quite happy with a repeat
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:24 am

Depending on what role they want from him, I think Hess could do the job say Guerra did, with a 10-15 minute stint either side of half time being enough. Having said that, I'd like Hess to have done it for a season and a half rather than half a season (for game 1 & 2 of a series anyway. If we're 2-0 down then the goal posts change for game 3). I think you should have to have prolonged excellence to make SOO.

From the way Kevvie was speaking on NRL360 last night, I got the impression Slater was a certainty for game 2, and he was going to pick Hess as well. Personally I'd like to see no more than 3 changes if possible otherwise you're getting too many people learning the system all over again. JT for Milford is a given for 1, and the Myles injury is 2. Personally I'd have Slater as the 3rd change. I'd have no problem with Hess being 18th man.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:28 am

Hess should be 18th man for sure, he certainly has a future in the arena, i just think the media of gone overboard on where is at right now but i guess if you were gonna have a forward only play 10-15, he'd be worth a punt
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:37 am

The Hess hype is almost NSW-esque and I don't think he'll be selected in the 17.

Maybe as 18th man but bearing in mind the Cows play Rd 15 too so they may not.

Wallace and Slater the only changes I see being made

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:09 pm

There is no way he will get picked this year.
    Next year possibly, yep.
    He could clearly do the job Guerra does but they wont chuck him in in a decider in NSW.

Dead rubber, possibility.

Slater is a certainty, with the QLD loyalty myth absolutely tossed out the window.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Pieman wrote:There is no way he will get picked this year.
    Next year possibly, yep.
    He could clearly do the job Guerra does but they wont chuck him in in a decider in NSW.

Dead rubber, possibility.

Slater is a certainty, with the QLD loyalty myth absolutely tossed out the window.

Nice try Pieman but deep down we all know (even a simpleton like yourself) that this is simply loyalty being restored

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:01 pm

hodges not pulling any punches in his media role

wants boyd moved out of fullback and o'neil, myles, thaiday, lillyman and guerra dropped

Post by Guest Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:52 pm

leaguegod wrote:hodges not pulling any punches in his media role

wants boyd moved out of fullback and o'neil, myles, thaiday, lillyman and guerra dropped

not Thaiday, in the article your referring to, he basically says if he was Walters, he'd pick him again but pull him aside and tell him in no uncertain terms what's expected of him.

But yeh, the gist of his article is Slater to fullback, Boyd to wing, with Gagai moved to centre and O'Neill left-right-out, then Myles, Guerra & Lillyman out for 3 of Wallace/Hess/Cooper/Sims.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:07 pm

personally, i think we should go:
    Slater to fullback, Boyd to wing, Gagai to centre, O'Niell out
    JT in Milford out
    Move Papalii to prop with Myles out and then bring in Cooper to sit outside JT
    Lillyman out for Sims (Wallace has been a great toiler for the Titans this year, but i think Sims offers more impact)
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

I dont understand the calls for Guerra to get axed. Already locked in 3 changes (Slater-Oniell, JT-Milf, Wallace-Myles) - why push a 4th in a deciding game? Its not like Guerra did poorly, fuck he was the only forward who looked like getting to the try line. He only played low minutes but did what was asked.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:16 pm

leaguegod wrote:hodges not pulling any punches in his media role

What idiot thought it would be a good idea to put a microphone in front of that mung once let alone get him a regular media gig.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Honeysett wrote:

What idiot thought it would be a good idea to put a microphone in front of that mung once let alone get him a regular media gig.

Well considering Fittler, Johns, Lockyer, and Lewis for starters have regular media gigs, they haven't really set the bar too high to begin with. They might as well at least give it to someone who's the best club centre the comp has seen since Meninga.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:38 pm

you are correct actually surmo

re hodges, i actually don't mind him, look i hated the guy as a player but i have found him to be a pretty confident & clear speaker providing a pretty good insight

i have on the other hand been quite disappointed with both ennis and parker, ennis is doing the old gasnier trick of exaggerating every facet of the game whether its good or bad. while parker is just very bland
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:25 pm

Hess has come a fair way since last years prelim. Yep, he is a little hyped, no doubt, but the issue for Qld is IF they are gonna make some changes, and it's a big IF when it comes to there pack, save for the injured Myles, who else is there?? Sims is a plodder of the highest order who has been up and down at best this year, a career year for him no less, then who? Lowe, Cooper? Maybe, but those guys aren't at all a concern long term for NSW. Hess may not be ready, but I'd fear his potential more than the alternatives OR the incumbents, that's just me though and I can understand the flip side to the discussion.

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:02 pm