NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by ryno_ Fri May 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Honeysett wrote:

It's an easy one admittedly, just like NSW with Jarryd Hayne not putting his foot on the line.
    QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 6 9k=

Again, draw a line from the white paint and watch how it goes...

... hang on...

Honeysett
    Honeysett

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by Honeysett Fri May 19, 2017 12:37 pm

I won't bite. As much as I want to haha.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Pieman wrote:

Maybe Ice is pieman?

That'd blow my mind Wink
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri May 19, 2017 7:22 pm

ryno_ wrote:
    QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 6 9k=

Again, draw a line from the white paint and watch how it goes...

... hang on...

I'll bite, I'm hungry.

That's the wrong angle, you need to show the shot of the exact same moment from behind when you can clearly see his heel in the air, which is how you run, and the clear air and grass between boot and line.

Honestly, this no try call baffles me as one of the dumbest video review decisions ever.

"Yes, from this angle it appears he touches, but this angle is deceptive, from another angle I can clearly see he doesn't touch, oh well, no try". Fucking muppet that video ref was.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 am

Ice wrote:

I'll bite, I'm hungry.

That's the wrong angle, you need to show the shot of the exact same moment from behind when you can clearly see his heel in the air, which is how you run, and the clear air and grass between boot and line.

Honestly, this no try call baffles me as one of the dumbest video review decisions ever.

"Yes, from this angle it appears he touches, but this angle is deceptive, from another angle I can clearly see he doesn't touch, oh well, no try". Fucking muppet that video ref was.

In fairness though, you are clearly easily baffled.

The other angle is the deceptive one.....
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

In fairness though, you are clearly easily baffled.

The other angle is the deceptive one.....

The other angle clearly shows grass, that isn't deceptive at all, this one shows that his heel is over the line, but anyone who has ever run at pace knows that your heel doesn't touch the ground so it can easily be surmised that his Heel is actually in the air there and can't possibly be touching the line, but I suspect you are throwing out more bait that I am biting at, well played sir.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sat May 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Ice wrote:

The other angle clearly shows grass, that isn't deceptive at all, this one shows that his heel is over the line, but anyone who has ever run at pace knows that your heel doesn't touch the ground so it can easily be surmised that his Heel is actually in the air there and can't possibly be touching the line, but I suspect you are throwing out more bait that I am biting at, well played sir.

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyXEzMVaqfYMViGz8aE5TwGiHBwtGhYIbWPiKpsFVNix0c5PnaiWM28-IN_w

Someone should the 3 guys behind Usain.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 20, 2017 8:20 pm

ryno_ wrote:

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyXEzMVaqfYMViGz8aE5TwGiHBwtGhYIbWPiKpsFVNix0c5PnaiWM28-IN_w

Someone should the 3 guys behind Usain.

Perhaps that's why the lost.

Maybe you could argue the yank in the blue has his heel touching though I'd debate it, it's a dodgy photo. the rest there clearly have space between heel and ground and in the next frame I would be happy to bet their toes come down and touch and there heel doesn't.

Seriously, how many pictures did you search to find one that still doesn't disprove the well known mechanics of sprinting and gaining speed that any kid that has done little A's knows tells you your heel shouldn't and doesn't touch the ground, otherwise, I reckon these top line sprinters might have spikes on the heel of their shoes also don't you think, but we all know the spikes are only at the front.

But why do I continue to bite when I know you are taking the piss Drunk
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 20, 2017 8:28 pm

The Best Foot Strike for Sprinting
    by Max Roman Dilthey
    Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt never lets his heels touch the ground during a race.
    Related Articles
    Do Sprinters Run on Their Toes?

Short-distance runners most often use a forefoot strike to achieve the maximum amount of propulsion during a sprint. Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt makes use of a forefoot strike because the foot is held rigid, transferring more force into propulsion. Foot placement is equally important for a sprinter, since over-striding can lead to excessive braking, which reduces a sprinter's efficiency and speed.

On Strike
    Foot strike is often a matter of personal preference for runners, but heel strike is by and large the most prevalent foot strike for runners. According to a study conducted by the "International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance," 94 percent of marathon runners strike with their heels instead of their forefoot. Sprinters are unique in their complete focus on the forefoot at the top levels of competition -- like the Olympics -- because this alternate foot strike better utilizes the strength in the calf for propulsion.

Stay On Your Toes
    The switch from heel strike to forefoot running in sprinters takes advantage of the body's natural mechanics. A forefoot strike utilizes the supinating portion of the foot along the outer edge, which is firm and solid. This outer edge keeps the foot rigid during a forefoot strike, converting more of the energy from your foot and calf muscles into propulsion to increase your speed. A forefoot strike can be used by a distance runner, but it's most effective for short distances.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat May 20, 2017 11:14 pm

Lol. Next time the NRL is played on a tartan track instead of 12mm turf and with running spikes instead of 18mm moulded soles you can post that again.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 21, 2017 8:09 am

Dip wrote:Lol. Next time the NRL is played on a tartan track instead of 12mm turf and with running spikes instead of 18mm moulded soles you can post that again.

If Haynes Heel is touching the grass in that shot then he is wearing the biggest pair of hightop footy boots we have ever seen. The top of them must be half way up his calf if his heel is on the ground.

Also, ask the touchiest, he was Johnny on the spot and kept his flag down, he knew Hayne didn't touch the ground. I'd love someone to ask him today what he though of Hollywood Harrigan taking 8 looks at the front on and not giving benefit of the doubt.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun May 21, 2017 4:35 pm

SO looking at the Roosters no try just now with Tupou doing the EXACT same thing, you still think people don't run on their heel @Ice?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun May 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Mearcats wrote:SO looking at the Roosters no try just now with Tupou doing the EXACT same thing, you still think people don't run on their heel @Ice?

He's planting his foot to kick the football, he's not full flight when he goes into touch.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun May 21, 2017 6:24 pm

Honeysett wrote:

He's planting his foot to kick the football, he's not full flight when he goes into touch.

Fair call
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Mearcats wrote:SO looking at the Roosters no try just now with Tupou doing the EXACT same thing, you still think people don't run on their heel @Ice?

Haha, I saw that photo of Tupou on the line and was wondering what muppet would bring I think up and suggest they were the same cause they both had Fluro boots.

You win.

They couldn't have been more different. Tupou knows he is going out and slows (deceleration requiring your whole foot to plant on the ground) in order to kick the ball (kicking another action that requires the non kicking foot to fully brace against the grass. Lastly, you see Tupous foot flat, unlike Haynes. Show the reverse angle of Tupous and you won't see grass.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun May 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Ice wrote:

Haha, I saw that photo of Tupou on the line and was wondering what muppet would bring I think up and suggest they were the same cause they both had Fluro boots.

You win.

They couldn't have been more different. Tupou knows he is going out and slows (deceleration requiring your whole foot to plant on the ground) in order to kick the ball (kicking another action that requires the non kicking foot to fully brace against the grass. Lastly, you see Tupous foot flat, unlike Haynes. Show the reverse angle of Tupous and you won't see grass.

Hahaha, was just trying my hand at a bit of click bait jounalism mate, seems I don't needa give up my day job yet!
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Hahaha, was just trying my hand at a bit of click bait jounalism mate, seems I don't needa give up my day job yet!

Mate I'm rampant on the bait, I'm so easy to hook. All good.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon May 22, 2017 7:10 am

Ice wrote:

Perhaps that's why the lost.

Maybe you could argue the yank in the blue has his heel touching though I'd debate it, it's a dodgy photo. the rest there clearly have space between heel and ground and in the next frame I would be happy to bet their toes come down and touch and there heel doesn't.

Seriously, how many pictures did you search to find one that still doesn't disprove the well known mechanics of sprinting and gaining speed that any kid that has done little A's knows tells you your heel shouldn't and doesn't touch the ground, otherwise, I reckon these top line sprinters might have spikes on the heel of their shoes also don't you think, but we all know the spikes are only at the front.

But why do I continue to bite when I know you are taking the piss :drunk:

It was like the 4th or 5th image under the search bolt mid race and the first without ridiculous amounts of motion blur.

Ice

Post by Ice Mon May 22, 2017 12:34 pm

ryno_ wrote:

It was like the 4th or 5th image under the search bolt mid race and the first without ridiculous amounts of motion blur.

Sweet, thank for getting back to me, I was starting to worry. lol!
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon May 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Well played Kevvie. Uncle Wayne won't be happy about this....

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 pm