NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Last year for the titans he played 50mins twice
    Round 1 30 tackles and 40 points
    Round 4 37 tackles and 56 points.

2 games. can he sustain that sort of scoring. If sharks have plenty of ball he wont tackle much and will be 3rd attacking option behind Maloney and Townsend
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 32 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Pookus McFly Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

special mention to the 41 he scored in 35 mins  in round 3 (which included a try)
    and the 38 he scored in 33 mins in round 5
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:
    Welshy wrote:Morts scored well playing 80 minutes in the half or hooker. 40s

wont get the km and wont tackle enough in 50 mins to get past 35 points. not worth the risk imo

Round 1 was off the bench and Round 4 as starting hooker from what I can see. He is on my radar. But Anasta was talking up Cherrington at the Nine's like he had genuine inside information.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:18 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

special mention to the 41 he scored in 35 mins  in round 3 (which included a try)
    and the 38 he scored in 33 mins in round 5

All I'm saying is its pretty tough to maintain that sort of scoring in smaller minutes
    He isn't a massive attacking threat, so don't expect that every week. 30 tackles in 50mins is tough throw in MT and errors and you are floundering around in the 20s

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:20 pm

Welshy wrote:

2 games. can he sustain that sort of scoring. If sharks have plenty of ball he wont tackle much and will be 3rd attacking option behind Maloney and Townsend

Versing the Knights and the Raiders pretty good spread for last year a bottom team and a top team they won both those games
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:31 pm

Mortimer is a Peats type player. He will go hard as long as he is on the field. He likes a dart from dummy half as well. I think he'll play about 50 mins & he should make 30 tackles minimum in that time. Then he'll have some attacking points as well. He is a consistent player with a low error rate.
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:35 am

any thoughts on the potential Sam Lisone

starting line up?

scoring potential?

cash cow?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 am

Here is my first draft in the actual site. knocked it up pretty quick;

Smith Koro
    Fifita DSaifiti JWall Tetevano
    Surgess Klemmer SMat Lane Boyce Capewell
    Moses Lamb Elgey Hingano
    BJ Idris CScott RJennings
    RTS Hayne Slater Uate Moseley

Only 3K left though. Might swap Moses out move Koro down and chuck in Morts. Might get rid of Saifiti and give Gurgess a go too. Not sure I want to pay that much for BJ but he can rack up points too easily.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:18 am

I like the Uate pick, i'm going to fit him in to my side, only as an NPR. At 177k he isnt ideally priced but can probably make some reasonable cash over time, a better option than the other cheapies in WFB. Could be a handy reserve if you're desperate because of a late withdrawal/etc too.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:24 am

wolfking wrote:Here is my first draft in the actual site.  knocked it up pretty quick;

Smith Koro
    Fifita DSaifiti JWall Tetevano
    Surgess Klemmer SMat Lane Boyce Capewell
    Moses Lamb Elgey Hingano
    BJ Idris CScott RJennings
    RTS Hayne Slater Uate Moseley

Only 3K left though.  Might swap Moses out move Koro down and chuck in Morts.  Might get rid of Saifiti and give Gurgess a go too.  Not sure I want to pay that much for BJ but he can rack up points too easily.

Quick breakdown

HOK:
    Outside of attacking stats I don't necessarily see Koro making a big amount of cash or stepping to the next level in terms of fantasy. He could end up averaging 5 or so points higher than what he is priced at but I think you are simply investing in a mid-tier guy at a mid-tier price. Just too much of a cost investment for essentially a small amount of a reward.

FRF: How many minutes is J. Wallace going to get. Last season when he played more than 40 minutes (Discounting the game he scored a try) he averaged a PPM of 0.75ppm. This means he will need 40 minutes on average to keep up his current price tag. However 60 minutes will see him push around 45 points a game, which is a decent upgrade. My problem is I don't see him getting 60 minutes. The Titans have 3 backrowers capable of playing a large amount of minutes. (Though Pulu will earn himself a spot in the 2RF rotation.) He will have Ryan James starting alongside him. The person he is replacing averaged 40 minutes last season (Luke Douglas). I think at best he averages 50 minutes and outside of scoring tries it should bump his score by around 7 points. It makes it a hard pick to justify for mine. Although if you think he will average 60 minutes then he is definitely a solid buy. Daniel Safiti is interesting, if he can push for more minutes this season he is capable of scoring well. He had a PPM of 0.9 last season and only went over 1ppm 3 times and only 1 try in the game. So the guy looks to have solid base stats to keep up the PPM. The only issue is he does seem to miss tackles now and then. Almost 2 per game, but that is something after a full year he may have improved on. With all the changes to the Knights forward pack (Sims brothers departing, Pauli Pauli injury, Robbie Rochow leaving. It opens the door for him to play 50-60 minutes which could result on a score of 40 - 55 point average. (Note: I did what I think is the absolute worst he would score on average under those minutes and what is the best he can look to achieve consistently.) I also think there is no risk as it is likely he will get at least 50 minutes and it is very unlikely his PPM drops below 0.75PPM from his stellar 0.9PPM. Which even with a significant drop wouldn't make him lose cash. Will Tetevano play? They have Carter, Liu, and Evans all presumably above him in the pecking order for a Bench spot and then if they decide to run with a Utility there may not be room on that bench. Also how long is Taukeiaho out for? Either way he is a rookie, if he is named round 1 he is worth a pick up.

2RF: Klemmer for mine isn't a workhorse 2RF and will be heavily relying on consistent amount of TB's. A bump in minutes could definitely be likely for him, just for mine I don't like the pick but I can see there is potential value in his selection.

HLF: Moses is an interesting pick. He can be really inconsistent but if he comes out firing to start the year you could see a similar run of form as Mbye had last year. Definitely a guy who could string together a couple 70+ games with a few other high scores to skyrocket his price, and make an easy stepping stone to some of the cheaper and more consistent guns. It is a risk, that has great potential to pay off for you. I am coming around to Lamb more and more. The bloke just likes to kick the ball. I don't believe Mullen's results are back as of yet, but if he is out of the competition and Hodkinson is still struggling with the injury as reported then Lamb becomes an exciting prospect. Very similar to someone like Norman who does like 90% of the kicking in his team. The only concern would be Hodkinson sticking around and taking some of those KM off of him. However that is a small risk considering he is priced below what his lowest score was last season.

CTR: Starting big with a big BJ. Nice.

WFB: Nothing really different than anyone else this season. Though you are opting for Uate and as am I. Hoping he strings together a handful of games to make a sizable profit.

Overall:
    You are talking about moving Moses out for Morts. Personally I would move out Koro for Morts. However I am guessing you are basing that off consistency in which case perhaps a different HLF as well could be a decent option for yourself. That is really the only things I would look at in your squad at changing at this stage. Also FWIW I will chuck up the G. Burgess write up to help you decide whether to grab him.

It was stated earlier during the preseason that George Burgess is over the niggling injury he carried throughout last season. However there have been conflicting reports on this, so trail games are essential to gauge where he is at with his injury. If he continues to carry the niggle throughout another season who could very well stay priced exactly where he is at. On the other hand this is a guy who is capable of scoring 60 points off the bench comfortably as he breaks tackles at will. Now he has always been an up and down, somewhat inconsistent player, however it would average out over the year. Last season he averaged 31 points with a niggling injury and before that he averaged 50 points (2015) 49 points (2014) and 48 points (2013). So there is every reason to believe last season was an outlier in a Rabbitohs outfit that had a poor season as a whole. If he is past his injury he should be able to score extremely well no matter the minutes he gets, starting or interchange.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:33 am

Random wrote:
    It was stated earlier during the preseason that George Burgess is over the niggling injury he carried throughout last season.  However there have been conflicting reports on this, so trail games are essential to gauge where he is at with his injury.

from the man himself (from foxsports article this morning):

“I think I’ve come through it in good shape now, so I’m just looking forward to the year now and seeing what we can do,” he says.

“I wouldn’t say I’m 100 per cent, I don’t think any rugby league player is.

“I just have to keep working hard at training and my recovery, working with the physios and doctors.

“We’ve got such great staff at our club so I just need to work hard with those guys and get my body right.”

sounds like he's nowhere near full fitness to be honest.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:39 am

Feline wrote:any thoughts on the potential Sam Lisone

starting line up?

scoring potential?

cash cow?

bench
    warriors props don't get enough mins
    no
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:40 am

@my tv broke Well dang, looks likely that G. Burgess is a no go this year just because of the injury.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:48 am

I'm just weighing up the 2RF/FRF mid-rangers vs the HLF mid-rangers...
    I'm leaning towards starting with both Morts and Lamb (as well as Norman as my gun-half) as I think they have the potential to increase to an avg of 40+

Did anyone see Hingano play at the nines?

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:51 am

Can't believe fukhub hasn't sorted out the app yet.
    Amateur hour once again.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:57 am

Main thing that worries me about Gurgess isn't his injury, it's the fact he recently had a baby. I mean Aidan Guerra became a father last year and his form went DOWN. I've still picked him anyway, only other choices for the spot are J Wallace and D Saifiti. Gurgess worked for me in the past I want to back him to get back to good form.

With Wallace though I'm pretty sure the Titans will be running with a bench utility in Tyrone Roberts so how that affects the minutes allocation/forward rotation remains to be seen. Wallace will get a starting spot and I eyed him off last year but there's nothing to suggest he'll vastly improve his scores. I mean just comes across to me like a Matt Scott type player. Great player, average fantasy scores (Well aside from that time Scott bagged a double and 100+ points)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:04 am

Has something changed at Manly with Brenton Lawrence. Last year, on the outer, supposedly told to look elsewhere. This year, named captain of the 9s and led from the front. Strange transition. Has he worked his butt off and got himself into Barretts good books? Could be a thorn in AFB's side.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:14 am

my tv broke wrote:Has something changed at Manly with Brenton Lawrence. Last year, on the outer, supposedly told to look elsewhere. This year, named captain of the 9s and led from the front. Strange transition. Has he worked his butt off and got himself into Barretts good books? Could be a thorn in AFB's side.

I've gone cold on AFB. I know 9's isn't really suited to big men but he did nothing to impress me. Had one good run in 2 days(from about 16 or 17 hit ups), lateral movement looked poor and he spent a lot of time bludging out on the edge. Will really have to turn it around for me to consider him
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:20 am

What do you guys think of this tactic in your wfb's:
    RTS, Hayne locked
    Then for 3rd wfb spot you have 3 options which you rotate as your 3rd pick:
    Slater, Vidot, Uate
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:26 am

White Lightning wrote:What do you guys think of this tactic in your wfb's:
    RTS, Hayne locked
    Then for 3rd wfb spot you have 3 options which you rotate as your 3rd pick:
    Slater, Vidot, Uate

If Slater is back to his usual self this year he will be solid at WFB as a starter. The only problem is the potential for an injury. I would rotate the others through the position if I didn't have to. Wingers for the most part are just too inconsistent. Though before last season Uate was averaging above 30 points a year. I am fine with that set up. Just be prepared to blow a trade on Slater if need be.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:33 pm