NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:27 am

White Lightning wrote:What do you guys think of this tactic in your wfb's:
    RTS, Hayne locked
    Then for 3rd wfb spot you have 3 options which you rotate as your 3rd pick:
    Slater, Vidot, Uate

Too much spent on the WFB slot. On weeks you have Slater and Vidot sitting you have nearly 500k sitting on the bench
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 33 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:33 am

my tv broke wrote:Has something changed at Manly with Brenton Lawrence. Last year, on the outer, supposedly told to look elsewhere. This year, named captain of the 9s and led from the front. Strange transition. Has he worked his butt off and got himself into Barretts good books? Could be a thorn in AFB's side.

More than likely earned his way back into the good books. He's a bit injury prone but he's a very good player and probably the fastest prop in the whole game. If he started over that plodder Myles and got some good game time I'd probably pick him again. I like it when I can pick some of my favourite players in my fantasy team.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 am

Anyone gone off the Hingano option due to his poor 9's performance. With SJ out he had a great chance to lead that side around & stand out but I thought he was pretty useless. Plus Foran may be back sooner than the 6 week forecast. If Foran is out only for 1-3 games I'm going off Hingano.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 am

So I have a question.

When looking at mid-tier guys $200k-$400k how many points would you want them to improve by to be valuable? 5 points, 10 points, 15 points? Because I can see a few guys like Mortimer, Wallace, Saifiti who may only improve by 5-10 points.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 am

Random wrote:So I have a question.

When looking at mid-tier guys $200k-$400k how many points would you want them to improve by to be valuable? 5 points, 10 points, 15 points? Because I can see a few guys like Mortimer, Wallace, Saifiti who may only improve by 5-10 points.

Like everything depends on team lists. If there is not a lot of rookies available then taking 5-10 points value from mid rangers is fine
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:41 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:

More than likely earned his way back into the good books. He's a bit injury prone but he's a very good player and probably the fastest prop in the whole game. If he started over that plodder Myles and got some good game time I'd probably pick him again. I like it when I can pick some of my favourite players in my fantasy team.

yeah agree. he's reasonably cheap and has always had a great PPM, great motor. if myles is on his last legs (such is the theory of most?) then Lawrence might be the one most likely to play the bigger mins over AFB who would likely be used for impact in bursts.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:46 am

Brenton Lawrence has been playing through injury the last couple of years I think.
    Maybe he's finally over that.

I'd think he's probably a better player than AFB if he's FIT. At this point in their careers anyway
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:07 pm

White Lightning wrote:Anyone gone off the Hingano option due to his poor 9's performance. With SJ out he had a great chance to lead that side around & stand out but I thought he was pretty useless. Plus Foran may be back sooner than the 6 week forecast. If Foran is out only for 1-3 games I'm going off Hingano.

As of right now, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Foran should be back by round 3 so Hingano is a no go for me based purely on that, not just his poor showing at the 9's. Hingano looks a running 5/8th too so would only score well if the Warriors pack stands up and we get some go forward.
    Trials should be interesting to see whether SJ is now worthy of going with to start, personally I will only go with him if he gets the goal kicking. Warriors forwards/props could really struggle to start with despite the supposed "easy" draw.

Would happily put Jai Field in there even if not named round 1, we would see him within a month my gut tells me.

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Warriors wrote:

As of right now, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Foran should be back by round 3 so Hingano is a no go for me based purely on that, not just his poor showing at the 9's. Hingano looks a running 5/8th too so would only score well if the Warriors pack stands up and we get some go forward.
    Trials should be interesting to see whether SJ is now worthy of going with to start, personally I will only go with him if he gets the goal kicking. Warriors forwards/props could really struggle to start with despite the supposed "easy" draw.

Would happily put Jai Field in there even if not named round 1, we would see him within a month my gut tells me.

Yeah having second thoughts regrding starting sj too. So many question marks around his fitness and how the warriors will go. Happy to sit and watch him for the first few rounds and then decide whether to bring him in or not
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Yeah having second thoughts regrding starting sj too.  So many question marks around his fitness and how the warriors will go. Happy to sit and watch him for the first few rounds and then decide whether to bring him in or not

My no. 1 rule for fantasy is never start with any Warriors players as the team always starts poorly but I was going to break my rule & start with SJ this year. Now I'm going off SJ as there is an injury doubt. I do like Norman but he's not a goal kicker plus he picked up an injury at the nines. I like A. Reynolds & think he'll do really well but again he has an injury doubt & was wrecked by injury in 2016. That leaves JT to come into my team & with 5 home games in the first 7 he seems a safe pick.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:48 pm

White Lightning wrote:

My no. 1 rule for fantasy is never start with any Warriors players as the team always starts poorly but I was going to break my rule & start with SJ this year. Now I'm going off SJ as there is an injury doubt. I do like Norman but he's not a goal kicker plus he picked up an injury at the nines. I like A. Reynolds & think he'll do really well but again he has an injury doubt & was wrecked by injury in 2016. That leaves JT to come into my team & with 5 home games in the first 7 he seems a safe pick.

Picking the right gun half for the year is very hard. I've had Norman and SJ, but thinking before last years 48 average Norman struggled to hit 40s, SJ plays for the Warriors and they start slow, now both have injury doubts, I think I may just go with DCE, captain now with Blake Green alongside him and Turbo at fullback. Whilst Manly may struggle defensively DCE is a good defender and does break tackles. Manly have a good start at Brookvale too. Still managed to average 49 last year.

I don't think I can go with Thurston with Coote and Morgan stealing his points and the fact he's another year older.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Warriors wrote:

Picking the right gun half for the year is very hard. I've had Norman and SJ, but thinking before last years 48 average Norman struggled to hit 40s, SJ plays for the Warriors and they start slow, now both have injury doubts, I think I may just go with DCE, captain now with Blake Green alongside him and Turbo at fullback. Whilst Manly may struggle defensively DCE is a good defender and does break tackles. Manly have a good start at Brookvale too. Still managed to average 49 last year.

I don't think I can go with Thurston with Coote and Morgan stealing his points and the fact he's another year older.

Good point on JT mate & DCE could be a great pick. Green to organise & DCE to focus on running game & as you say one of the few halfs that likes to tackle.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Warriors wrote:

I've been off line for the last few days (so things may have changed), but last I heard there was still no word on Foran. The only thing I could gauge from the info I've heard is that he will play eventually but the timeline is still very much up in the air.

Any chance you could track down the source for the round 3 info?

I thought Hingano was rubbish during the 9s by the way. I'm a fantasy rookie so grain of salt and all that, but despite how bad he looked he could still be the only option in terms of a starting bottom $ half right? I know there are a few other names going around post 9s but Hingano looks the most likely starter huh. Maybe with better players around him he will perform to a higher quality than he did when surrounded by the embarrassment the Warriors put out for the 9s.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:56 pm

I just had a look at DCE's price @ 471k. I thought it would be lower since he had an injury affected 2016.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:00 pm

This is what I have pencilled in pending injuries, rd 1 picks, etc etc

Smith (Peats)
    McGuire, Dafiti (Horae, Tetevano)
    ET13, Surgess, K-Brom (Aarow, Stimson, Capewell)
    Norman, Lamb (Elgey, Hingano)
    SiMat, Idris (Scott, Kelly)
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne (Ponga, Python)
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:02 pm

filthridden wrote:This is what I have pencilled in pending injuries, rd 1 picks, etc etc

Smith (Peats)
    McGuire, Dafiti (Horae, Tetevano)
    ET13, Surgess, K-Brom (Aarow, Stimson, Capewell)
    Norman, Lamb (Elgey, Hingano)
    SiMat, Idris (Scott, Kelly)
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne (Ponga, Python)

Easily the worst team I have seen
    Probably should just start again
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:21 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Good point on JT mate & DCE could be a great pick. Green to organise & DCE to focus on running game & as you say one of the few halfs that likes to tackle.
    Here is another point of view, Green to stifle DCE fastasy points the same way he did Cronk. Cronk went from being a regular gun to an average scorer in the past 2 years of Greens tenure. Will he do the same to DCE?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Roosters website confirms Ferguson SKD right side combo. Anyone interested in Latrell Mitchell at centre?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Also thoughts on J. Wallace and his minutes?

The Titans are also in talks with Grevsmuhl as well.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:37 pm

bluetige wrote:
    Here is another point of view, Green to stifle DCE fastasy points the same way he did Cronk. Cronk went from being a regular gun to an average scorer in the past 2 years of Greens tenure. Will he do the same to DCE?

I am actually interested in Dylan Walker playing consistently in his best position with a decent 5/8 inside him.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:37 am