NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Feline
    Feline

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Feline Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:54 pm

INVITE CODE
    4CMA9YDY

Still got spots to fill in my league. Feel free to join up.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 17 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Just re subscribed to premier sports in time for the nines tonight! Get in
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Those who aren't starting with Smith and Fifita when are you planning to bring them in? Both miss 4/8 games over the byes so it's pretty much start with them or wait till round 20
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Feline wrote:
    INVITE CODE
    4CMA9YDY

Still got spots to fill in my league. Feel free to join up.

I'm in bro.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:14 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Those who aren't starting with Smith and Fifita when are you planning to bring them in? Both miss 4/8 games over the byes so it's pretty much start with them or wait till round 20

From an overall point scoring perspective, even by missing out on 4 games, they still out do the competition. Add to that the Captaincy points and the reliability.
    To me it makes sense to at least have one of them in your team.
    I tried running without Smith before origin last year and it cost me points and positions, I won't do that again.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Morning everyone...

So I scrapped my first team, and started again... So ill list what ive got and tell me what you think.

Smith (C) | Mortimer (R) (Im assuming here that Mortimer will start. If he doesnt, I will trade him out.)
    J. Brom | McGuire | Vave (R) | Wallace (R)
    K.Brom | J.Saifiti | S. Mata'utia | Capewell | Leilua | Lane
    Norman | Lamb | Hingano | Nona
    T.Trbo | Idris | Scott | R. Jennings
    Tedesco | RTS | Hayne | Slater (R) | Phythian

What do you think? Ive tried to pack a few guns in there. I read a post from someone (apologies, I cant remember who), and from what they wrote, have tried to pick a gun (or close to it) in each position. Thoughts?

You on Random? I big write up from you would be good. Shocked

Last edited by Sik on Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:20 pm

Chewie wrote:

From an overall point scoring perspective, even by missing out on 4 games, they still out do the competition. Add to that the Captaincy points and the reliability.
    To me it makes sense to at least have one of them in your team.
    I tried running without Smith before origin last year and it cost me points and positions, I won't do that again.

I agree. Starting without Smith... not going to happen to me again. Started with Seggy last year, played half of the first game. Cant remember if I went straight to Smith... Actually I think I jumped on the Garvey bandwagon, then cashed him out for smith.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:24 pm

I started with Segy and Lichaa last year Sad
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:30 pm

Boozecluez wrote:I started with Segy and Lichaa last year Sad

Now that you mention it, I think i did too. Then change to Smith and Garvey.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Well 9s start soon, there goes my next 2 days haha
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Need 1 more person for the Ultimate League competition. (NRL Draft)

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t329p400-ultimate-footy

Also 9s discussion

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t407-2017-nrl-auckland-nines#86122
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Those who aren't starting with Smith and Fifita when are you planning to bring them in? Both miss 4/8 games over the byes so it's pretty much start with them or wait till round 20

Realistically I think it screws a team too much to have both Smith/Fifita and surgess. I know it is more likely that both smith and Fifita lose money but does that really matter?! I guess u can have all three if you are not going with two gun hookers. Think most people would choose smith over Fifita, smith is so far ahead of the next best hooker.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:32 am

My comment on Gurgess came from these two quotes from the Souths closed group. The first was from a reliable source who attended training last week ....

"George was struggling enormously, so badly in fact I doubt he'd be right for spot at Norths.

It was hot out in the middle I'll grant you that but even Tyrell was miles ahead of him.

I was impressed by guy's like Sifa and Zane, those guys are going to figure in our team for sure.

Still worried about Kyle Turner but, he is a bit gun shy still and Alex Johnson has nothing except pace, two big question marks right there.

It was a good run, Robbie is so fit and he and Cook are going to be a real bonus for us.

All in all a really good day and proud of guys like Clark and Sutton, they are ornaments to our club, the kids really love them especially Clark.

We need a prop still, today convinced me even more so !"

And then this quote in response from a guy who is really tight with the team....

"The injury Burgess is struggling with is Iliac apophysitis, a condition that causes pain and inflammation over the bony prominence of the pelvis. He had an operation last offseason but it didn't properly work and caused further issues with muscles and tissue around his pelvic region and groin. They have given him heaps of time off and rest for it to heal which is why he is a little behind. There is plenty of time for him to get fit, so he will be ready and cranking to go by round one."

Read into this what you will, but it is a similar injury to what Myles suffered which caused a drop in his fantasy stats some years ago. I'm steering clear.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:49 am

Cheers rabbit. Hes a no for me
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:55 am

Warriors wrote:

Realistically I think it screws a team too much to have both Smith/Fifita and surgess. I know it is more likely that both smith and Fifita lose money but does that really matter?! I guess u can have all three if you are not going with two gun hookers. Think most people would choose smith over Fifita, smith is so far ahead of the next best hooker.

Going with Smith for me really depends on how the hooker situation turns up for TLT. I keep tinkering my team and tend to go with some combo involving Smith, Mortimer, King, Farah or McCullogh.

I really like the score and money potential for guys like Farah and McCullogh so it is very tempting to run with both of them and go with Fifita but at the same time I've been burned before by Fifita in captaincy so always like having Smith there to lock and leave for the season. Will tinker multiple this position the most till game 1 and the various changes here will basically influence what I, and what many can do with the rest of their team
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:12 am

Thanks rabbit
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:26 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

Going with Smith for me really depends on how the hooker situation turns up for TLT. I keep tinkering my team and tend to go with some combo involving Smith, Mortimer, King, Farah or McCullogh.

I really like the score and money potential for guys like Farah and McCullogh so it is very tempting to run with both of them and go with Fifita but at the same time I've been burned before by Fifita in captaincy so always like having Smith there to lock and leave for the season. Will tinker multiple this position the most till game 1 and the various changes here will basically influence what I, and what many can do with the rest of their team

for me im putting peats above farah and mccullogh, for the fact that no back up hooker is present yet, unless you count one of the halves which would be unusual. i see 10 points above his average at his 0.7ppm if he plays 80. depends on TLT

farah could be nice for rep rounds saving trades, unless you turn him into smith before then. i wish i could go smith and another prime hooker, but the team will suffer overall

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:37 am

No Hunt. No Worries.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:39 am

pm888 wrote:

for me im putting peats above farah and mccullogh, for the fact that no back up hooker is present yet, unless you count one of the halves which would be unusual. i see 10 points above his average at his 0.7ppm if he plays 80. depends on TLT

farah could be nice for rep rounds saving trades, unless you turn him into smith before then. i wish i could go smith and another prime hooker, but the team will suffer overall

for some reason I seem to have just blanked Peats from any of my team thoughts so thanks for reminding me he exists as he is definitely in my thinking now haha.

currently running with Smith and Farah to see how I like the rest of the team which I will admit does feel like it is lacking slightly. I will possibly go with King TLT dependent but if there is a backup hooker or he isn't named to start I think the payoff of going with someone like Farah/Peats at their price warrants legit consideration for a high priced hooker pairing to start the year
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:45 am

White Lightning wrote:

I'm in bro.

cheers 5 spots left. I wanna watch some nines

4CMA9YDY

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:26 pm