NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Fortitude
    Fortitude

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Fortitude Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 pm

White Lightning wrote:

F. Kaufusi seems in line to get Proctor's spot not K-Brom so downgrade K-Brom to F. Kaufusi (Kaufusi should get dpp)
    Wallace wasn't very impressive on the weekend so I would drop him & move Carty back to the 2fr.
    Stimson unlikely to be in the 17.
    Hingano will maybe get 2-3 games & Field unlikely to be in the 17.
    Olive picked up an injury & may not be available for round 1
    I have doubts Ponga will play round 1. Even if he is Winterstein's replacement he'll only get a couple of games.
    You may have to downgrade somewhere to upgrade your halves.

Cheers mate
    Here I was thinking it was a good morning spent at work. Turns out ive got more 'work' to do.

Thanks
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Haha this team has just got nail biting written all over it, surely I can't go ahead with it.....

McInnes, Brailey
    DSaifiti, Gurgess, FKaufusi, NPR
    Mannering, Surgess, ET, SMat, Sironen, NPR
    SJ, Lamb, Elgey, NPR
    Talakai, Idris, NPR, NPR
    Tedesco, TTurbo, RTS, Hayne, NPR

So many captaincy options, best to keep your eyes shut though.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:55 am

Latest iteration. Biggest issue is that I have to start Brailey or Elgey, so we'll see how that goes.
    I am also not convinced on Kaufusi - his few starts last year in the 2nd row produced pretty poor scoring.

Smith Brailey
    McGuire Gurgess Kaufusi (Perrett)
    Gallen JDB ET Wallace Sironen (Stimson)
    Moses Lamb (Elgey Field)
    Sione Idris (Talakai Cotric)
    RTS Hayne Gutherson (Pthing Suli)

$88k in the bank
    Billsill
    Billsill

Post by Billsill Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:48 am

Hey guys

Whats your thoughts on a Fensom revival for the cows?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:17 am

Milchcow wrote:Latest iteration. Biggest issue is that I have to start Brailey or Elgey, so we'll see how that goes.
    I am also not convinced on Kaufusi - his few starts last year in the 2nd row produced pretty poor scoring.

Smith Brailey
    McGuire Gurgess Kaufusi (Perrett)
    Gallen JDB ET Wallace Sironen (Stimson)
    Moses Lamb (Elgey Field)
    Sione Idris (Talakai Cotric)
    RTS Hayne Gutherson (Pthing Suli)

$88k in the bank

I commented a little bit on the main thread. I like your team & it's solid but a couple of queries. With A-Rey out & Farah looking like playing 80 mins & Cook at h/b it means Souths will carry a 4 forward bench so I only see Gurgess getting 40-45 mins which isn't enough. Also watching the Warriors v Titans trial I was very put off by Wallace. Hard to know how he'll go but with all the injuries at the Titans I still expect to see him playing 50 mins & if he's named at lock even better. I'd definitely keep him over Gurgess. I very much like the Gutherson pick at wfb & think he'll be a consistent 35-45 or maybe 40-50 point scorer especially with the gk. You say you don't want to start Brailey or Elgey. What about starting Talakai who should get some attacking opportunities with the opening games, then reserve Sione so then Brailey wil be a npr. Hopes this helps mate.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:21 am

Billsill wrote:Hey guys

Fensom is at a price in NRL Fantasy where he is a wait and see option. Even if he started playing 60 mins from round 1 he wouldnt go up that much in value.

It's different in a draft comp where only one person can have that player in their squad.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:22 am

Billsill wrote:Hey guys

The Cowboys pack is pretty set so I don't know how Fensom would fit in. At best he comes off the bench & maybe 40 mins if he's lucky. Al I know is it has phucked up my Hess pick.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:28 am

White Lightning wrote:

The Cowboys pack is pretty set so I don't know how Fensom would fit in. At best he comes off the bench & maybe 40 mins if he's lucky. Al I know is it has phucked up my Hess pick.

Fensom is there to strengthen their middle defence. Think at least 50 minutes for him to be useful would be the way to go.
    egosbar

Post by egosbar Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:23 pm

pull it apart guys

c mcinnes j brailey
    j bromwich j mcguire g burgess p kaufusi
    s burgess j debelin w graham s matautia s lane j stimson
    j thurston j field      
    cartwright k elgey
    d whare j idris c scott n cotric
    j hayne k ponga r tuivasa sheck m suli m dufty

Last edited by egosbar on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:06 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I commented a little bit on the main thread. I like your team & it's solid but a couple of queries. With A-Rey out & Farah looking like playing 80 mins & Cook at h/b it means Souths will carry a 4 forward bench so I only see Gurgess getting 40-45 mins which isn't enough. Also watching the Warriors v Titans trial I was very put off by Wallace. Hard to know how he'll go but with all the injuries at the Titans I still expect to see him playing 50 mins & if he's named at lock even better. I'd definitely keep him over Gurgess. I very much like the Gutherson pick at wfb & think he'll be a consistent 35-45 or maybe 40-50 point scorer especially with the gk. You say you don't want to start Brailey or Elgey. What about starting Talakai who should get some attacking opportunities with the opening games, then reserve Sione so then Brailey wil be a npr. Hopes this helps mate.

I am not expecting Wallace to play lock, at least no tlong term once Greenwood gets himself into the team. Starting prop is good enough for me - think he can average 40 points there easily enough. I am not going to overlook all his work last year on the basis of one pre-season trial.

I am not convinced that the Reynolds injury or what happens with Robbie Farah will effect Gurgess. They'll spend some interchanges giving him a rest and I don't think Farah spending extra minutes on the field will effect the length of rest that Gurgess gets. Also ARey's injury is a temporary thing and I don't want to have to rejig my team when he comes back. Also 45 minutes woul dbe great for Gurgess. The main concern for me is whether he is over his injury concerns.

I have a moral aversion to reserving a CTR. But given Sione was in my 2RF until recently I guess reserving him might be an option. Maybe Brailey might turn out to be god enough to play in the top 17 but don't think I'll do it round 1.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:45 pm

egosbar wrote:pull it apart guys , halve reserves i might have to downgrade a gun and get in elgey and someone depending on teams named or go without cover there, first go i normally only play supercoach

c mcinnes j brailey
    j bromwich j mcguire g burgess p kaufusi
    s burgess j debelin w graham s matautia s lane j stimson
    j thurston j field      
    cartwright k elgey
    d whare j idris c scott n cotric
    j hayne k ponga r tuivasa sheck m suli m dufty

I was loving your team until I got to the wfb's. Ponga, Suli, Dufty is 1 cheapy too many. You're going to have to downgrade somewhere else to bolster your 3rd wfb. Looking at your npr's I think Lane won't be in the 17, Stimson should be ok with the Harris injury, Field is ok, C. Scott may not play & Dufty won't play. For a non Smith team you have Surgess, JDB & JT as captain options but be aware that all 3 can have the occasional off day but you should be ok. I feel Fifita/Gallen should be in there as a consistent captaincy choice. Hope this helps mate.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Smith, Brailey
    McGuire, DSaifiti, Perrett, Papalii
    JDB, Surgess, Buhrer, KBrom, SMat, Stimpson
    DCE, Lamb, Elgey, Cleeland
    Idris, Whare, Kelly, Cotric
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Phytian, Jennings

44k left.

Any thoughts?
    Goondalf
    Goondalf

Post by Goondalf Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:29 am

Pretty happy with this side now, just not sure on my 2nd FRF pick just yet. Have 377k to spend there

McInnes Brailey
    Fifita Brown Faufusi Hoare
    JDB Gallen ET Smat Sironen Stimson
    Cleary Lamb Elgey Fogarty
    Idris Talakai Kelly Cotric
    Trbojevic RTS Hayne Phythian Suli

Could downgrade TTurbo to Mitchell/Holmes and go Brown to McGuire

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:36 am

Goondalf wrote:Pretty happy with this side now, just not sure on my 2nd FRF pick just yet. Have 377k to spend there

McInnes Brailey
    Fifita Brown Faufusi Hoare
    JDB Gallen ET Smat Sironen Stimson
    Cleary Lamb Elgey Fogarty
    Idris Talakai Kelly Cotric
    Trbojevic RTS Hayne Phythian Suli

Could downgrade TTurbo to Mitchell/Holmes and go Brown to McGuire

no smith but 3 very solid captaincy alternatives so wouldn't worry there. you are gambling with Brailey but many others are as well so at least you won't be the only one suffering if it doesn't work. like the front row as is with Brown there. Not sure yet on how Kaufusi will see minutes but TLT should clear that up. Strong 2rfs, Cleary is a top line half optione, albeit an expensive one but gets through a fair tonne of base stats so you shouldn't see too much drop off there should he struggle early in the season. Standard backs with TTurbo a nice change up from some of the usual suspects. All round, really like this team and wouldn't do much with it till TLT

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:11 am

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by dreamers on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    calibarr

Post by calibarr Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Thoughts on this team?

(c)Smith Brailey
    (vc)Fafita Safiti Kaufusi Hoare
    Buhrer  Etaylor Surgess sironen Kbromwich Stimson
    Norman ATaylor Hingano Feild
    Idris Talakao cotric scott
    Hayne Gutherson RTS D phythian Rjennings
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 pm

First cut, 393 left. may get Pearce instead of Field ..

Smith Brailey
    JWH Boyd Gurgess Matagi
    Surgess Cartwright JDB Butcher Mata'utia Stimson
    Sezer Lamb Field Elgey
    Idris Scott Kelly Cotric
    Hayne RTS French Suli Phythian
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Today's team;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Gurgess FKaufusi Papalli
    Surgess ET Carty Sironen SMat Stimpson
    Lamb Norman Elgey Hingano
    Talakai Idris Cotric Kelly
    RTS Hayne Turbo Suli Phythian
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:53 pm

My latest looking team since Braileys came in to the picture

Smith, Brailey
    Klemmer, Gurgess, DSai, cow
    JDB, McGuire, KBrom, Wallace, Sione, cow
    Norman, Ash T, Lamb, Field
    Talakai, Idris, cow x2
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, cow x2

There is next to no chance that there will be enough reliable basement price rookies though to cover those cow positions so no doubt I'll need to free up money somewhere.
    SlitherySloths
    SlitherySloths

Post by SlitherySloths Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:04 pm

Team:
    Hooker=Cam Smith(C)-Jayden Brailey
    Front Row = Andrew Fifita(VC) , Jesse Bromwich - Josh McGuire(R) , Daniel Saifiti(R)
    Second Row = Sam Burgess , Bunty Afoa , Sione Mata'utia - Curtis Sironen(R), Scrub*2
    Halves = Corey Norman, James Maloney - Kane Elgey(R), Ata Hingano
    Centers = Jamal Idris, Jordan Kahu - Brian Kelly, Moses Suli
    WFB = Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jarryd Hayne, Dylan Phythian(need a cheap one) - Scrub*2

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 am