NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:43 pm

wolfking wrote:Why are people going with Matt Scott?  Am I missing something, he's really just a mid ranger 35 point forwards, besides that one freak game of 100+.
    Only last year he fell off was previously a gun front rower averaging 45+. some think without Tamou and being the only senior FR with extensive starting experience at the boys might get back to where he was. Fair call IMO
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by MrCashman Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:05 pm

I'm tossing up between J Buhrer and his teammate M Barnett

Both are guns, only problem with Buhrer is he is injury prone, if he stays healthy I can see him averaging mid 50s

Barnett was a gun for me last year, but his minutes might get cut due to recent forward signings
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Only last year he fell off was previously a gun front rower averaging 45+. some think without Tamou and being the only senior FR with extensive starting experience at the boys might get back to where he was. Fair call IMO

Yeah, fair call.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:59 pm

This is what my current squad looks like;

Smith (King)
    Fifita DSaifiti (Gurgess Hoare)
    Surgess Smat Carty (Lane Winterstein Capewell)
    Lamb Moses (Elgey Hingano)
    BJ Idris (Scott Kelly)
    RTS Hayne Holmes (Uate Rennings)

All depends on King obviously and a lot of those benchies are interchangeable.
    Garbo
    Garbo

Post by Garbo Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:56 am

Current Squad

Smith  (Peats)
    DSaifiti  Gurgess  (Wallace  Matagi)
    JDB  Surgess  KBrom  (Sironen  Aloiai  Palavi)
    TMM  Lamb  (Elgey  Hingano)
    Walker  Idris  (Kelly  Rennings)
    RTS  Hayne  Kahu  (Uate  Phythian)

Issues:
    Bottom price 2rf's, do they exist?
    TMM a bit of a wildcard
    Banking on Kahu getting more tackles in the centres and with full goal kicking duties should add 10 points at least
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:13 am

Garbo wrote:Current Squad

Smith  (Peats)

Issues:
    TMM a bit of a wildcard
    Banking on Kahu getting more tackles in the centres and with full goal kicking duties should add 10 points at least

If you want a cheaper 2RF...S.Matautia if your not playing him in the centres ..also N.Butcher once he is fit and L.Leilua
    bandgeekmafia78

Post by bandgeekmafia78 Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:28 am

Hi.

I'm completely new to Fantasy NRL although I've been doing Fantasy SuperLeague in the UK for a few years. I know a bit about the NRL so was wondering if someone can rate my team and maybe give me a few pointers?

Cheers.

Ballin (King)
    RJames G.Burgess (Tetevano Gray)
    S.Burgess Cartwright Mata'utia (Butcher Stimson Arrow)
    Norman Johnson (Elgey Hingano)
    Croker Kahu (Idris Whare)
    Tedesco RTS Hayne (Ponga Uate)

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:20 pm

bandgeekmafia78 wrote:Hi.

I'm completely new to Fantasy NRL although I've been doing Fantasy SuperLeague in the UK for a few years. I know a bit about the NRL so was wondering if someone can rate my team and maybe give me a few pointers?

Cheers.

Ballin (King)

Welcome to the forum mate.  We have a few Pommies/ex-pats on here and they are pretty damned good at Fantasy.  There is even a Taffy!

Random or Beast or some of the other lads will probably give you a good rundown on your team, but both Ballin and Croker will more than likely not play round 1.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Please be gentle. Its my first time.... Posting in here

Smith, Macca
    Lawrence, Gurgess, P Kaufusi, Hoare
    Harris, McGuire, Aubbison, Klemmer, Smat, Simpkins
    Norman, Moses, Elgy, Field
    Walker, Idris, Kelly, Scott
    Hayne, RTS, Python, Rennings, Edwards

3k left over
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:33 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Please be gentle. Its my first time.... Posting in here

Smith, Macca
    Lawrence, Gurgess, P Kaufusi, Hoare
    Harris, McGuire, Aubbison, Klemmer, Smat, Simpkins
    Norman, Moses, Elgy, Field
    Walker, Idris, Kelly, Scott
    Hayne, RTS, Python, Rennings, Edwards

3k left over

HOK: Do you still take McCullough if Nikorima ends up named on the bench?

FRF: I really like the Lawrence pick up. He has had a few poor years due to injury and being priced around 34 points he can easily improve on that and push towards 40-45 points as long as he gets at least 40 minutes. The only concern is that he was on the outers last season and that wouldn't be something I want to worry about. Kaufusi and Hoare, I assume are both placement holders? One of the Cowboys forwards, Hess, Hoare, Kaufusi, Asiata or Spina are likely to make some decent cash this year. However it remains to be seen which one will do so and I don't think it is a sound investment grabbing both of them.

2RF: Tohu Harris doesn't have much room to improve but when he scores a try he can bust out a massive score overall and could be a handy PoD. He is priced just below the top tier guns so if he strings together a couple of strong attacking games he could be bumped up in score. However he can suffer in a similar fashion to Aubusson in that his scores can be impacted by his versatility. Which might be worth keeping in mind considering you are also running Aubusson who like every year looks like a great pick up. Klemmer, I struggle to see him improving drastically as well, but there isn't anyone else that looks appealing at his price. So if a cheapie comes along or you like the idea of Sironen, K. Bromwich, or J. Wallace then he should be decent enough and wont lose you cash. But definitely a downgrade option if you need it. (Note: I think K. Bromwich is probably the safest pick of those 3 guys.)

HLF: Norman looks like he will be in a great position this year as the first and most likely only choice kicker at the Eels which is good. Moses isn't going to be a top-tier HLF most likely but like Mbye last year for people can help you jump to another gun. Just make sure you get of the ride at the top, otherwise you may come crashing back down.

CTR: Walker is a decent pick, he has been getting a lot of mentions recently. He is one of those guys around the $300k mark worth taking a punt on.

WFB: Starting a Knights FB in your 17....

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 7 MwA9k
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:33 pm

Also where is Mearcats and Beasty.... God damn I could use a hand.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:56 pm

bandgeekmafia78 wrote:Hi.

Cheers.

Ballin (King)

HOK: As already mentioned Ballin is likely to be unfit for Round 1, and until Team lists come out we aren't even sure if King will make it in the Eels 17. If King is on the bench he really isn't an option. So you may need to end up investing a significant amount of money to address this position.

FRF: Nothing wrong with your picks here. R. James will have to do work to replicate last year and sustain his price. However if he does, he could be a nice PoD to start the year with.

2RF: Again you have some strong starting picks. In regards to Arrow with all signs pointing at it being unlikely he starts he may not get enough minutes to warrant his price tag and you may have to look at other cheap guys.

HLF: A rather stacked HLF pack but nothing wrong with either choice. Johnson can be a little hot/cold so you could look at picking him up later if there is a cheapie you like the looks of otherwise no worries.

CTR: As mentioned Croker is injured and may not be set for Round 1. At the same time Kahu is decent, but he hasn't been a standout performing in the CTR position. There are other options available around his price, but if you think me maintains a good performance in the CTR position then you should run with him.

WFB: Starting with Teddy should definitely help set you a part from the rest of the pack where the WFB area is concerned.

Overall:
    I would look at downgrading Croker to a cheapie so you can start Idris/Whare and perhaps downgrading Johnson as there are several mid-tier priced HLF's who could jump up significantly. Then with those spare funds upgrade your HOKs for the time being. Also I don't normally talk about Cashcows as they are subject to change, but with you being from the UK? I assume because you follow the Superleague. Only 1 of Tetevano, Gray. Butcher are likely to make the Roosters team. (If that.), Ponga isn't likely to start the year there are decent options elsewhere,
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Garbo wrote:Current Squad

Smith  (Peats)

Issues:
    TMM a bit of a wildcard

HOK: I would say Peats is only a decent option if he is playing the full 80 minutes. However Tyrone Roberts likely to be named on the bench which leaves no real room for improvement where as guys like Farah/McInnes could improve as 80 minute hookers.

FRF: How many minutes is J. Wallace going to get. Last season when he played more than 40 minutes (Discounting the game he scored a try) he averaged a PPM of 0.75ppm. This means he will need 40 minutes on average to keep up his current price tag. However 60 minutes will see him push around 45 points a game, which is a decent upgrade. My problem is I don't see him getting 60 minutes. The Titans have 3 backrowers capable of playing a large amount of minutes. (Though Pulu will earn himself a spot in the 2RF rotation.) He will have Ryan James starting alongside him. The person he is replacing averaged 40 minutes last season (Luke Douglas). I think at best he averages 50 minutes and outside of scoring tries it should bump his score by around 7 points. It makes it a hard pick to justify for mine. Although if you think he will average 60 minutes then he is definitely a solid buy. Also the Titans have confirmed they are in talks with Grevmuhl who could impact on the likelihood of Wallace playing more than 40 minutes. Suaia Matagi looks like he could be a good pick up, but he is definitely a trap. He had a 60 minute game last year for an impressive score of 27 points. So even with 40 minutes he doesn't look set to improve all that much. However if you have faith in his work rate improving then he should earn a solid amount of minutes. However he does look like to be a trap, and you getting stuck with a slow burning cashcow for half the year.

2RF: As long as Jack de Belin isn't suspended he will be a good pick up. Aloiai even with minutes looks to score poorly, so I would look at other options if possible. However if Aloiai got 80 minutes he could possibly score around 30-35 points on average which would make him a little better of an option. As you pointed out though, until TLT there really doesn't look to be any real 2RF cheapies available at the moment.

HLF: TMM is definitely a wild card as all his stats will come from attack. Not to say that isn't possible but it is a lot to try and hope for when your back up HLF is Elgey who will be relying on the exact same thing.

CTR: No problems.

WFB: I spoke a little bit about Kahu in my last post, and considering you have guys like French and Holmes. I think it would be worth it to find the extra $50k or so if possible to upgrade Kahu. However if you are happy with him, then run with him.

Overall: Your team feels a little light. I think it is the spread of cash throughout the FRF/2RF which is perfectly understandable at this stage. However if any rookies are named it would be extremely beneficial to bring in another gun or two if possible.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Just a heads up that League Registration will be closing at midnight on Friday.
    (Note: Latecomer leagues will open up Saturday.)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:58 pm

wolfking wrote:This is what my current squad looks like;

Smith (King)
    Fifita DSaifiti (Gurgess Hoare)
    Surgess Smat Carty (Lane Winterstein Capewell)
    Lamb Moses (Elgey Hingano)
    BJ Idris (Scott Kelly)
    RTS Hayne Holmes (Uate Rennings)

All depends on King obviously and a lot of those benchies are interchangeable.

Nothing is wrong with the team, and there isn't really much to note about it. One big thing that stands out is starting with BJ, as well as having C. Smith, A. Fifita and S. Burgess. The team is looking really good. What are your plans if you need to find a way to upgrade King? or do you look for another cheapie if possible?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:09 pm

superbucks wrote:A non-Smith team... (alternative team)

McInnes, King
    Fifita, Scott, JWH, Gurgess
    JDB, Surgess, Bromwich (Sironen, 2 x cheap)
    Norman, Moses, Lamb (Elgey)
    Idris, Kelly (2 x cheap)
    RTS, Hayne, Gennings (Uate, Phythlan)

I could drop JWH down to make the WFB line stronger. CTR's I'm quite happy to roll cheap.

HOK: Does having a Hooker on the dragons becnh impact on your McInnes selection? Kaysa Pritchard may need to be selected over King if the Eels run an 80 minute Hooker and King is unlucky.

FRF: I understand why Scott looks appealing but he may only improve a small amount of points. I personally would prefer D. Saifiti, but there is virtually no risk associated when choosing Scott so if he makes you some cash before Origin then, there isn't a problem there. Just some other options to consider.

2RF: J. de Belin if he plays Round 1 could end up being a great alternative to C. Smith. No problems with any of the guys selected really. There is some risk when choosing mid-tier guys but they are the most appealing at the moment.

HLF: No issues

CTR: Starting extremely light here, but assuming Idris goes well you should have 3 different options that could fill the other spot as long as you get 3 different cheapies who should be playing. You should be fine running ultra-light here.

WFB: George averaged around 30 points the year before so he could definitely make a handy cashcow/starting WFB to start the season with. I actually really like this pick if he gets a starting spot. He is a little more pricey than a straight up cash cow but he has shown he can score around 30 points. Although that average is only over a 5 game period.

Overall:
    For a non-Smith team it looks quite decent. However it doesn't look too much better than a team with Smith (King). You have at best an extra mid-tier FRF guy. Which isn't a bad thing considering how rare cheap guys are at this stage. Just you are going lighter than most in WFB/CTR already so there isn't much reason to justify not having Smith in the team to start with really. How short are you from turning McInnes to Smith?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:15 pm

lewis9966 wrote:Smith Mcinnes
    JWH Gurgess DSaifiti Perrett
    Surgess ET SMat Stimson Capewell NPR
    Norman DCE Lamb Field
    Idris Chambers Scott Kelly
    RTS Hayne Holmes Phytian Rennings

HOK: Strong starting picks, does McInnes remain if there is a bench HOK?

FRF: Very middle of the road picks, however all 3 guys have excellent chance of improving off the back of last year and don't seem to have any risk associated with them.

2RF: Looks like the typical starting 2RF's most guys are considering. There is some concern here considering that you have named 3 rookies, which may be hard to fill come TLT as none of them are guaranteed a spot in their respective teams yet. Wouldn't mind another mid-tier guy here if possible. Just to strengthen the group and have you not potentially starting with an NPR/Dead position at the start of the year. However if 3 Rookies are named in the 2RF to start the season then I would run with it.

HLF: - I wouldn't grab Daly Cherry-Evans at this stage. We haven't seen what sort of impact Green will have on him. (He had a negative impact on Cronk of about 5 points a game from his average before Green showed up.) Last season Daly Cherry-Evans had around 4 points less than he had in previous seasons. So he is underpriced incredibly slightly. Not enough to warrant making him a pick or enough to give him any incredible sort of upside. I am not saying he is a bad pick, he would be capable of those massive scoring games where he hits 70+ points. There just doesn’t seem to be any value in him for the duration of a season, and possibly a negative impact with Blake Green being there. Even if there isn’t the negative impact, it comes down to his price and looking at HLF’s capable of scoring 50-55 points. There are others that are cheaper and others with more potential upside, or without a negative of a new half partner joining them who could take up some minutes.

CTR:
    No issues with any of them.

WFB: Standard WFB picks.

Overall: I personally would downgrade DCE to upgrade 2RF. However if you prefer running with two strong HLF's or are happy with 3 rookie 2RF's. Then I would at the very least look at a different gun besides DCE who is already coming off a poor year, and has a new HLF partner who is actually a HLF and could impact on his scores.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:35 pm

Random wrote:

Nothing is wrong with the team, and there isn't really much to note about it. One big thing that stands out is starting with BJ, as well as having C. Smith, A. Fifita and S. Burgess. The team is looking really good. What are your plans if you need to find a way to upgrade King? or do you look for another cheapie if possible?

Thanks man.  Yeah I've changed the team a little and put in KPritchard for now following the developments and downgraded BJ and went with Walker.  I also upgraded Moses to Carty.  If I need a gun second hooker then some drastic changes need to be made. Don't want to let go of Smith, Fifita or Surgess though. So at the moment;

Smith (Pritchard)
    Fifita DSaifit (Gurgess Hoare)
    Surgess McGuire SMat (Wallace Simpkins Capewell)
    Lamb Carty (Elgey Hingano)
    Walker Idris (Kelly Scott)
    RTS Hayne French (Python Rennings)

I might go back and start with BJ though, but Walker has similar potential at a lower price tag.  Not sure about Wallace either.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:First draft of team, dependant on TLT of course.

Smith (c), Ballin
    JBrom, Gurgess, Wallace, Tetevano
    Surgess, Harris, Hess, Arrow, Capewell, Stimson
    JT, ARey, Elgey, Nona
    SMatautia, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, Ponga, Pythian

Let me know your thoughts

HOK: Ballin isn't likely to be there Round 1. However this may have been posted before his injury news.

FRF: Tetevano will be hard pressed to make the Roosters side Round 1 as well. How many minutes is J. Wallace going to get. Last season when he played more than 40 minutes (Discounting the game he scored a try) he averaged a PPM of 0.75ppm. This means he will need 40 minutes on average to keep up his current price tag. However 60 minutes will see him push around 45 points a game, which is a decent upgrade. My problem is I don't see him getting 60 minutes. The Titans have 3 backrowers capable of playing a large amount of minutes. (Though Pulu will earn himself a spot in the 2RF rotation.) He will have Ryan James starting alongside him. The person he is replacing averaged 40 minutes last season (Luke Douglas). I think at best he averages 50 minutes and outside of scoring tries it should bump his score by around 7 points. It makes it a hard pick to justify for mine. Although if you think he will average 60 minutes then he is definitely a solid buy. Also the Titans have confirmed they are in talks with Grevmuhl who could impact on the likelihood of Wallace playing more than 40 minutes.

2RF: I personally don't like Hess due to his price. I just don't know how much I see his minutes increasing this year. He could get consistent minutes, but his scores from last season are all boosted by tries. In 8 games he scored a try in 4 of them. Not saying he can't keep that strike rate, but he just looks too risky for his price tag of $267k. He could end up making you cash, but it could take him half the season to get there. I would look for another mid-tier guy hoping to make the leap or look for a cheaper player elsewhere. How many minutes are you expecting from Arrow now that McGuire has been named as Parker's successor. There won't be many minutes with the shift of McGuire and then Glenn, Thaiday, and Gillett already there in the 2RF.

HLF: An extremely different HLF selection with two guns. It could definitely pay off well but Reynolds after dealing with injuries and such, however they will both be PoD and will mean you are starting stacked in the HLF's which isn't a real issue or concern. It is just is different is all...

CTR:
    S. Maita'Utia would look better in the 2RF and could free up Hess to become a cheaper CTR option. However that is just my personal thoughts and dislike of picking Hess.

WFB: T. Trbojevic could definitely end up being a keeper CTR/WFB this year. Which is great to start with.

Overall: Your team looks decent esepcially considering the amount of PoD's you have to start the season with. Just a few minor tweaks here and there and you should be set.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:45 pm

wolfking wrote:
    Random wrote:

Thanks man.  Yeah I've changed the team a little and put in KPritchard for now following the developments and downgraded BJ and went with Walker.  I also upgraded Moses to Carty.  If I need a gun second hooker then some drastic changes need to be made.  Don't want to let go of Smith, Fifita or Surgess though.  So at the moment;

Smith (Pritchard)
    Fifita DSaifit (Gurgess Hoare)
    Surgess McGuire SMat (Wallace Simpkins Capewell)
    Lamb Carty (Elgey Hingano)
    Walker Idris (Kelly Scott)
    RTS Hayne French (Python Rennings)

I might go back and start with BJ though, but Walker has similar potential at a lower price tag.  Not sure about Wallace either.

The team looks good. Just some question marks over Pritchard, but other than that it is looking really solid.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 am