NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Ozymandias Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Ok, here goes. First time poster and first time player in the NRL version. I play a lot of Fantasy Football, er, I mean soccer, in the UK but having moved to Oz recently I'm making the switch - with next to no knowledge of Rugby League here .... I only know about 4 of the players names!

Is this effort beyond saving....?

HOK - Smith, Brailey (seem a popular pairing)
    FRF - Vaughan, Campbell-Gillard, Musgrave, Matiga
    2RF - Taumololo, Klemmer, Graham, Afoa, Sironon, Capewell
    Half - Cleary, Thurston, Sezer, Elegy
    Cen - Moga, Idris, Cotric, Kelly
    WFB - Gordon, Kahu, Hayne, Phythian, Suli

PS - I've learnt more in this forum in the past hour than I ever knew - steep learning curve ahead!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Ozymandias wrote:Ok, here goes. First time poster and first time player in the NRL version. I play a lot of Fantasy Football, er, I mean soccer, in the UK but having moved to Oz recently I'm making the switch - with next to no knowledge of Rugby League here .... I only know about 4 of the players names!

Is this effort beyond saving....?

HOK - Smith, Brailey (seem a popular pairing)
    FRF - Vaughan, Campbell-Gillard, Musgrave, Matiga
    2RF - Taumololo, Klemmer, Graham, Afoa, Sironon, Capewell
    Half - Cleary, Thurston, Sezer, Elegy
    Cen - Moga, Idris, Cotric, Kelly
    WFB - Gordon, Kahu, Hayne, Phythian, Suli

PS - I've learnt more in this forum in the past hour than I ever knew - steep learning curve ahead!

Okay firstly, it is great to have you a part of the forum. I hope you have a hatred for the Welsh because we all do. Well for one Welshmen at least. Also sorry if this seems harsh but the team does need some reworking mate.

HOK: You are correct, most popular pairing there is at the moment.

FRF: Vaughan with great potential. Campbell-Gillard is priced in a mid-tier of guys and doesn't seem to be primed to increase his work rate or his minutes so he wont see much improvement. Musgrave starting would make him a great option. However G. Burgess is outside the 17 at this stage and could force Musgrave to the bench when he returns which makes him a risk. Matagi hasn't really ever scored well when given a lot of minutes which doesn't make him to look like a nice option either. However he should get decent minutes so could improve. Personally Campbell Gillard needs to go and the others are a risk when compared to other options. Other people you could look at.. Jared Warea-Hargreaves, Felise Kaufusi, Daniel Saifiti, and Luke Yates are all possible options you could consider instead.

2RF: Taumalolo should score around what he is priced at but could be inconsistent. Klemmer is a lot to invest in, he has some potential upside but you could just as easily look at guys like Taylor, Sironen, Bromwich, and such who have upside potential as well and are cheaper. Afoa's starting position is in the air, which if he loses that he loses a lot of value. Capewell isn't starting yet so look at other 2RF guys getting a run like Winterstien or Stone (Who helps offset Yates' risk.) Graham can be a great scorer but is more inconsistent than Taumalolo. An out and out gun would be a better purchase such as Gallen, S. Burgess or Mannering. (Though they are expensive.) Also look at Sione Mata'Utia he is underpriced and could become a keeper in the CTR position later in the year.

HLF: Stacked halfs and considering the cheapie options this could be a good idea. However it does hurt your team in other places.

CTR:
    Moga could be out of the side soon, so I would try and bring in Talakai for him if you can as he has safer job security at the moment. Otherwise nothing wrong going cheap here.

WFB: Kahu has moved to the wing so his scoring will be hurt. Meaning he isn't worth what he is priced at so you should look elsewhere. Gordon is a strong FB and can hit high scores but he is far to inconsistent in his attacking stats compared to other Fullbacks. You definitely need Roger Tuivasa-Scheck, he was injured a lot of last year after a slow start and the bloke is a deadset gun most of the time. Everyone else will have him, so if something goes wrong you aren't the only one burned. Other WFB options to look at include, Valentine Holmes (Misses Round 1, could miss longer.) Bevan French (Will rely heavily on attacking stats), as well as straight guns like T. Trbojevic and J. Tedesco. Also Suli isn't named in the starting 17 and ideally you want everyone you picked to be playing Round 1. (Holmes could be an exception to this.)
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Thank you very much mate - that's just what I needed. I shall revisit my team with your points in mind Smile
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:46 am

My tribute to SI

McInnes, Brailey
    DSaifiti, JWH, Kaufusi, Yates
    JDB, Gallen*, ET, SMat, Siro, Stones
    Moses, Lamb, Elgey, Jacks
    DWalker, Talakai, Idris, Kelly
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, Pythian, Cotric

264k in the bank, SI style
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:55 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:My tribute to SI

McInnes, Brailey
    DSaifiti, JWH, Kaufusi, Yates
    JDB, Gallen*, ET, SMat, Siro, Stones
    Moses, Lamb, Elgey, Jacks
    DWalker, Talakai, Idris, Kelly
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, Pythian, Cotric

264k in the bank, SI style

I have no issue with any of your selections (not a big fan of Siro though). But surely with that money you should bring in either Smith, Fifita or a gun half?
    Mooshtaq

Post by Mooshtaq Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:06 am

After a bit of late feedback before Rd 1.

HOK: Smith, Brailey
    FRF: J Bromwich, Wallace, Pritchard, Gubb
    SRF: S Burgess, Mannering, Taumalolo, Sironen, F Kaufusi, Yates
    HLF: Thurston, Johnson, Elgey, Hingano
    CEN: Matautia, Idris, Moga, Kelly
    WFB: Hayne, RTS, Pythian, Cotric, Ponga
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:10 am

Hi guys! Posted up my team in the wrong thread, but basically first post!

I just want a bit of advice on my team.

Smith (c), Brailey
    Fifita, Vaughan, D Saifiti (r), Priest?
    Gallen, ET, K Brom, Kauf (r), S Mat (r), Stimson?
    Lamb, Maloney, Elgey (r), Field
    Idris, Talakai, Suli, Kellys
    Mitchell, Hayne, RTS, Cotric, Phythian

200k ITB

1. I'm not sure whether to run with McCullough instead of Smith at least for the first couple of rounds. He'll bump up and I'm hoping Cam dips below 600k.

2. If I keep Smith, do I downgrade Fifita or Gallen? They chew up a lot of salary and there's good options below 400k in both positions.

3. I think main weakness is in the halves. I usually always go for SJ but he's so inconsistent I think I could get him cheaper later. But then he's working with the Kiwis spine and also playing the Knights round one. Is he a better bet?

4. I swapped Turbo for Mitchell to free up some money for round 2 trades. Smart or stupid?
    FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:23 am

FRF: Fifita, Bromwich, Priest, Papalii
    2RF: Surgess, McGuire, Bromwich, Kaufusi, Yates, Stone
    HLF: Johnson, Cronk, Elgey, Hingano
    CTR: Talakai, Moga, Idris, Kelly
    WFB: Trbojevic, RTS, Hayne, Phythian, Cotric

14K left
    SlitherySloths
    SlitherySloths

Post by SlitherySloths Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:17 am

Suggestions before kickoff tonight?
    Hooker: Smith(C) -- Brailey(R)
    Front Row: Fifita(VC) , DSafiti -- FKaufisi(R) , Papailii(NPR)
    Second Row: Mannering , Taylor , McGuire -- KBromwich(R) , Stone(NPR) , Gates(NPR)
    Halves: Cronk , Lamb -- Elgey(R) , Field(NPR)
    Centers: SMata'utia, Idris -- Kelly(NPR) , Suli(NPR)
    Winger/Fullback: Trbojevic, Tuivasa-Sheck, Hayne -- Cotric(NPR) , Phythian(NPR)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:55 pm

SlitherySloths wrote:Suggestions before kickoff tonight?
    Hooker: Smith(C) -- Brailey(R)
    Front Row: Fifita(VC) , DSafiti -- FKaufisi(R) , Papailii(NPR)
    Second Row: Mannering , Taylor , McGuire -- KBromwich(R) , Stone(NPR) , Gates(NPR)
    Halves: Cronk , Lamb -- Elgey(R) , Field(NPR)
    Centers: SMata'utia, Idris -- Kelly(NPR) ,  Suli(NPR)
    Winger/Fullback: Trbojevic, Tuivasa-Sheck, Hayne -- Cotric(NPR) , Phythian(NPR)

HOK: Common pairing

FRF: No issues, Papalii may be the first to drop of the bench so maybe other rookies are options. But it isn't a big deal.

2RF: No problems with any of them.

HLF: Cronk could improve now with no Green. Which means he is underpriced. So he could be a nice PoD pick up.

CTR: No issues, Suli isn't named though so would rather someone who is named. However I have him pencilled in atm in case he is.

WFB: No issues.

Overall: Besides the rookie guys, which almost every single rookie priced guy has concerns over. There aren't any issues with the team. Looks solid.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:09 pm

FebruaryChamp wrote:HOK: Smith, Brailey
    FRF: Fifita, Bromwich, Priest, Papalii
    2RF: Surgess, McGuire, Bromwich, Kaufusi, Yates, Stone
    HLF: Johnson, Cronk, Elgey, Hingano
    CTR: Talakai, Moga, Idris, Kelly
    WFB: Trbojevic, RTS, Hayne, Phythian, Cotric

14K left

HOK: Common pairing.

FRF: Really like the Clay Priest pick. He hasn't had much talk around here but in a starting role now after averaging 25 minutes last season. He could go huge.

2RF: All solid picks.

HLF: Should be strong, keep an eye on Jacks as he may be a better option than Higano.

CTR: All good options.

WFB: About par for everyone else now.

Overall: Team is very similar to a lot of others with Cronk and Priest being two stand out differences than most. Really like the team overall.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:Hi guys! Posted up my team in the wrong thread, but basically first post!

I just want a bit of advice on my team.

Smith (c), Brailey
    Fifita, Vaughan, D Saifiti  (r), Priest?
    Gallen, ET, K Brom, Kauf (r), S Mat (r), Stimson?
    Lamb, Maloney, Elgey (r), Field
    Idris, Talakai, Suli, Kellys
    Mitchell, Hayne, RTS, Cotric, Phythian

200k ITB

1. I'm not sure whether to run with McCullough instead of Smith at least for the first couple of rounds. He'll bump up and I'm hoping Cam dips below 600k.

2. If I keep Smith, do I downgrade Fifita or Gallen? They chew up a lot of salary and there's good options below 400k in both positions.

3. I think main weakness is in the halves. I usually always go for SJ but he's so inconsistent I think I could get him cheaper later. But then he's working with the Kiwis spine and also playing the Knights round one. Is he a better bet?

4. I swapped Turbo for Mitchell to free up some money for round 2 trades. Smart or stupid?

To answer your questions. I would run with Cam still. Safer option. Also if you can avoid it keep your guns. I don't like the Mitchell pick but other than that this is a really nice team. It could still be a smart move going with someone who is cheaper. Also I would grab Yates instead of Stimson.

Overall though this is a brilliant looking team.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:20 pm

Mooshtaq wrote:After a bit of late feedback before Rd 1.

FRF: J Bromwich, Wallace, Pritchard, Gubb
    SRF: S Burgess, Mannering, Taumalolo, Sironen, F Kaufusi, Yates
    HLF: Thurston, Johnson, Elgey, Hingano
    CEN: Matautia, Idris, Moga, Kelly
    WFB: Hayne, RTS, Pythian, Cotric, Ponga

HOK: Solid common pair.

FRF: I don't rate Wallace to improve much this year, or for Gubb to do much of anything. However Wallace does have potential. However really doubt Gubb doing anything.

2RF: Really strong and looks solid.

HLF; Starting off really stacked, just swap Hingano for Jacks probably.

CTR: Moga could be a trap. However he isn't starting so no worries.

WFB: Considering you are going cheapies in your WFB, maybe look at someone aside from Ponga as he may not get a start this year.
    pazcrusader

Post by pazcrusader Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:49 pm

OK here we go with my starting side for 2017. Nothing too dissimilar outside I feel a couple of cheaper POD's.

HOK: Smith (C), Brailey (R)
    FRF: Fifita (VC), JWH (pod), Priest (R), I Papalii
    SRF: Surgess, Mcguire, K Brom, F Kaufusi (R), Stone, Yates
    HLF: Cronk (pod), Johnson, Elgey (R), Jacks
    CTR: Matautia (pod), Idris, Kelly, Talakaii
    WFB: Hayne, Turbo, RTS, Phyththththian, Cotric

24K left.

Notes: Decided against Moga due to injury history. Cronk and JWH look set to make some $, with JWH benefiting from Pearce return.

Thoughts: players I may regret not having are L Mitchell, Vaughan from the Dragons, Addo Carr may be a new try scoring machine, Sironen @ Manly how will he go? J Bromwich is a always a consistent scorer but JWH is easy $.

Any comments would be great bounce
    Ross96p

Post by Ross96p Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Any chance that farah and cook are on the field at the same time?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:15 pm

Ross96p wrote:Any chance that farah and cook are on the field at the same time?

Yes, certainly a chance

Cook and McInnes shared game time together last year several times. Will depend on injuries/game situation each week as to what happens I think
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:20 am

The team I will be running with is...

Smith, McInnes
    JGraham, MScott, Musgrove (Priest)
    DeBelin, Mannering, Sironen, Kaufusi (Winterstein, Stone)
    Cronk, Lamb, Sezer (Elgey)
    Talakai, Idris (Moga, Kelly)
    RTS, Hayne, Suli (Phythlan, Cotric)... 1k left Sad

Just happy to get those premiums in the team. Running with a weak backline like most but that's where the cheap dudes are.

POD's for me are Scott and Cronk. I'm taking them just over KBrom and JT.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:29 am

superbucks wrote:The team I will be running with is...

Smith, McInnes
    JGraham, MScott, Musgrove (Priest)
    DeBelin, Mannering, Sironen, Kaufusi (Winterstein, Stone)
    Cronk, Lamb, Sezer (Elgey)
    Talakai, Idris (Moga, Kelly)
    RTS, Hayne, Suli (Phythlan, Cotric)... 1k left Sad

Just happy to get those premiums in the team. Running with a weak backline like most but that's where the cheap dudes are.

POD's for me are Scott and Cronk. I'm taking them just over KBrom and JT.
    Very much the same team make up as you with a very light back 5 but strength up top and in halves

few variances in player choices but same thought process by the looks
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:44 am

Milchcow wrote:

Yes, certainly a chance

Cook and McInnes shared game time together last year several times. Will depend on injuries/game situation each week as to what happens I think

I Concur 100%
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Nevermind this post, posted in the wrong thread.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 am