NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Share
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4737
    Reputation : 696
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by White Lightning on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:41 pm

    @SlitherySloths wrote:Team:
    Hooker=Cam Smith(C)-Jayden Brailey
    Front Row = Andrew Fifita(VC) , Jesse Bromwich - Josh McGuire(R) , Daniel Saifiti(R)
    Second Row = Sam Burgess , Bunty Afoa , Sione Mata'utia - Curtis Sironen(R), Scrub*2
    Halves = Corey Norman, James Maloney - Kane Elgey(R), Ata Hingano
    Centers = Jamal Idris, Jordan Kahu - Brian Kelly, Moses Suli
    WFB = Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jarryd Hayne, Dylan Phythian(need a cheap one) - Scrub*2

    Hi mate. Following thoughts:
    frf - too much money - Saifiti to npr, downgrade J-Brom & McGuire & put $ into 2fr
    2fr - too little money - upgrade Afoa to premium, maybe turn 1 of your 2 scrubs into a good mid-range
    hlfs - not sure re Maloney as Chad steals his points.
    ctr - Kahu looks like he'll be playing on the wing
    wfb - not sure if I like your approach here with 3 nuffie wfb's. If Hayne is not fit for round 1 then you'll be playing 2 nuffies with RTS.

    I quite liked your team & it's good reading a team that's a bit different than most teams including mine. I reckon a redistribution of cash & a few tweaks & you'll be sweet as. Hope this helps.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:47 pm

    @SlitherySloths wrote:Team:
    Hooker=Cam Smith(C)-Jayden Brailey
    Front Row = Andrew Fifita(VC) , Jesse Bromwich - Josh McGuire(R) , Daniel Saifiti(R)
    Second Row = Sam Burgess , Bunty Afoa , Sione Mata'utia - Curtis Sironen(R), Scrub*2
    Halves = Corey Norman, James Maloney - Kane Elgey(R), Ata Hingano
    Centers = Jamal Idris, Jordan Kahu - Brian Kelly, Moses Suli
    WFB = Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jarryd Hayne, Dylan Phythian(need a cheap one) - Scrub*2


    avatar
    SlitherySloths

    Posts : 7
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2017-02-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by SlitherySloths on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:52 pm

    Thanks Mate

    Bonanza15

    Posts : 18
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2017-02-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Bonanza15 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:53 pm

    Team:
    Hooker= Cam Smith(C)-Jayden Brailey
    Front Row = James Graham(VC) , Jesse Bromwich , Felise Kaufusi (R)
    Second Row = Josh Mcguire, Coen Hess , Jake Trbojevic - Sione Mata'utia(R),
    Halves = Corey Norman, Kane Elgey , Ata Hingano
    Centers = Jake Trbojevic, Jordan Kahu - Jamal Idris (R)
    WFB = Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jarryd Hayne, Bevan French - Ken Sio (R)

    Feedback would be greatly appreciated
    avatar
    SlitherySloths

    Posts : 7
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2017-02-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by SlitherySloths on Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:05 pm

    What do you guys reckon now is this more of a balanced side?

    avatar
    ForanAgainst

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2016-02-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by ForanAgainst on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:34 pm

    @Bonanza15 wrote:Team:
    Hooker= Cam Smith(C)-Jayden Brailey
    Front Row = James Graham(VC) , Jesse Bromwich , Felise Kaufusi (R)
    Second Row = Josh Mcguire, Coen Hess , Jake Trbojevic - Sione Mata'utia(R),
    Halves = Corey Norman, Kane Elgey , Ata Hingano
    Centers = Jake Trbojevic, Jordan Kahu - Jamal Idris (R)
    WFB = Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Jarryd Hayne, Bevan French - Ken Sio (R)

    Feedback would be greatly appreciated

    Not bad. There seem to be lots of concerns over Hess with the recent signing of Fensom at the Cowboys. Kahu is most likely shifting to the wing. Is that permanent? No one really knows. If you're looking at cheaper options, maybe Talaki or Whare. You really don't want a winger as a reserve. Finally, Felise Kaufusi is only good if he nails down that starting spot.
    avatar
    ForanAgainst

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2016-02-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by ForanAgainst on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:46 pm

    @SlitherySloths wrote:What do you guys reckon now is this more of a balanced side?

    I don't mind the look of this team, however(and it's just my opinion), you need to downgrade JDB to someone like Josh McGuire, who should see an increase in minutes and scoring. Then you could use that cash to upgrade Sua(is he starting or will he see decent minutes from the bench?) Last thing, I don't know much about Winterstein or his role, so I can't be of much help to you there.
    avatar
    superbucks

    Posts : 215
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2016-02-06

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by superbucks on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:11 am

    My team currently stands as...

    Smith, McInnes
    M.Scott, Gurgess, Kaufusi (cheap)
    DeBelin, Mannering, KBromwich, Sironen (Winterstein, Stimson)
    Thurston, Sezer, Lamb (Elgey)
    Idris, Moga (Suli, Cotic)
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne (Phythlan, Ponga).... 40k left.

    I'd lose Mannering for SMat if I need heaps of cash.

    Also I am considering Brailey over McInnes... which would upgrade the cheap FRF to JWH and Holmes to Tedesco. Kaufusi would become a NPR.

    Regulator

    Posts : 77
    Reputation : 18
    Join date : 2016-03-01

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Regulator on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:46 am

    Last lot of tinkering before TLT comes and ruins everything

    Smith, Brailey
    J Bromwich, McGuire, Kaufusi, Ese'ese
    JDB, Mannering, Smat, Siro, Stimson, Leuluai (or whoever)
    SJ, Maloney, Elgey, Field
    Turbo, Idris, Moga, Kelly
    RTS, Hayne, Holmes, Phythian, Suli

    I know Holmes is likely out week 1 but I want him so I need to stomach it for that week.

    Any thoughts team?
    avatar
    Dananz

    Posts : 200
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2016-02-25

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Dananz on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 am

    @superbucks wrote:My team currently stands as...

    Smith, McInnes
    M.Scott, Gurgess, Kaufusi (cheap)
    DeBelin, Mannering, KBromwich, Sironen (Winterstein, Stimson)
    Thurston, Sezer, Lamb (Elgey)
    Idris, Moga (Suli, Cotic)
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne (Phythlan, Ponga).... 40k left.

    I'd lose Mannering for SMat if I need heaps of cash.

    Also I am considering Brailey over McInnes... which would upgrade the cheap FRF to JWH and Holmes to Tedesco. Kaufusi would become a NPR.

    I have a serious man crush on your teams! Nice bench. It always seems like you somehow have more money!
    avatar
    Dananz

    Posts : 200
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2016-02-25

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Dananz on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:34 am

    @Regulator wrote:Last lot of tinkering before TLT comes and ruins everything

    Smith, Brailey
    J Bromwich, McGuire, Kaufusi, Ese'ese
    JDB, Mannering, Smat, Siro, Stimson, Leuluai (or whoever)
    SJ, Maloney, Elgey, Field
    Turbo, Idris, Moga, Kelly
    RTS, Hayne, Holmes, Phythian, Suli

    I know Holmes is likely out week 1 but I want him so I need to stomach it for that week.

    Any thoughts team?

    I also really like the look of this. Bench is a bit light, but that's a pretty fancy 13!
    avatar
    To The 20

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2017-01-20
    Age : 34
    Location : Auckland

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by To The 20 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:40 am

    I'm Starting to shape like this, how do you reckon?

    Fifita (c), McInnes , Gurgess
    De Belin, Mannering, McGuire
    Norman, Lamb
    Idris , Kelly
    RTS , Hayne, Gutherson

    INT: Brailey , E Taylor , Sironen , F Kaufusi

    NPR: Papalii, Stimson, Elgey, Fogerty, Cotric, Scott, Phythian, Suli

    Bonanza15

    Posts : 18
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2017-02-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Bonanza15 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:26 pm

    Updated team, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    Hooker - Smith (c) - Brailey (R)
    FRF - J Bromwich - J Graham (VC) - F Kaufusi (R)
    2RF - Mannering - Ma'u - J McGuire - Sironen (R)
    Halves - Norman - Elgey
    Centres - T Trbojevic - Idris - Cortic (R)
    WFB - French - Hayne - RTS
    avatar
    To The 20

    Posts : 17
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2017-01-20
    Age : 34
    Location : Auckland

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by To The 20 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 pm

    @Bonanza15 wrote:Updated team, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    Hooker - Smith (c) - Brailey (R)
    FRF - J Bromwich - J Graham (VC) - F Kaufusi (R)
    2RF - Mannering - Ma'u - J McGuire - Sironen (R)
    Halves - Norman - Elgey
    Centres - T Trbojevic - Idris - Cortic (R)
    WFB - French - Hayne - RTS
    If Elgey is your second Half,and you're relying on a Rookie CTR (who may be on the wing) as a reserve, you may find yourself in trouble.

    May have to downgrade one of your starting props to put $ into halves.

    Bonanza15

    Posts : 18
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2017-02-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Bonanza15 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:07 pm

    New Team now, This a little better?

    Hooker - Smith (c) - Brailey (R)
    FRF - J Bromwich - J Graham (VC) - R Rochow (R)
    2RF - Mannering - Sironen - J McGuire - Winterstein (R)
    Halves - Norman - Elgey - Lolohea (R)
    Centres - T Trbojevic - Idris
    WFB - French - Hayne - RTS
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4899
    Reputation : 623
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Random on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:18 pm

    @Bonanza15 wrote:New Team now, This a little better?

    Hooker - Smith (c) - Brailey (R)
    FRF - J Bromwich - J Graham (VC) - R Rochow (R)
    2RF - Mannering - Sironen - J McGuire - Winterstein (R)
    Halves - Norman - Elgey - Lolohea (R)
    Centres - T Trbojevic - Idris
    WFB - French - Hayne - RTS

    HOK: Probably a common pair, no issues as long as the rest of your team makes up for running Brailey.

    FRF: Really strong starting FRF. I don't like the Rochow pick as he is a part of a big pack and his minutes may not be enough to warrant selecting him. He could definitely maintain an average of 45 points. However there is just no value in his selection. Either grab funds to upgrade him to a gun or look at changing him to a mid-tier with more potential. i.e. Taylor, Mata'Utia, Buhrer, are options you could look at by swapping around McGuire.

    2RF: Looks a little light, but it isn't bad. I am not as sold as much on McGuire as other people. However he wont lose you money at least so you should be sweet.

    HLF: Don't like the Lolohea pick. I just don't see any reason to select him over a cheapie, he isn't likely to make too much cash. Running with Elgey as your 2nd HLF is also a real risk if he performs an average of 25-30 points. If you have the funds Lolohea to Lamb would be a sweet move.

    CTR: All set.

    WFB: Solid.
    avatar
    Spectre

    Posts : 2875
    Reputation : 363
    Join date : 2015-12-14

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Spectre on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:56 pm

    Post TLT. Looks like crap but I'm struggling to find better. Any idea how to improve?

    Smith, Macca
    Saifiti, JWH, Kafausi, Matagi
    JDB, McGuire, KBrom, Wallace, Sione, Yates
    Norman, Lamb, Elgey, Field
    Talakai, Idris, Moga, Kelly
    Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Pythian, Cotric
    avatar
    charliemurphy

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2016-02-04

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by charliemurphy on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:03 pm

    Stuff it, I think Im set.

    HOK: Smith, Brailey
    FRF: K. Sims, D. Saifiti Papalii, L. Yates
    2RF: Mannering, J. de Belin, McGuire, Sironen, F. Kaufusi, Stone
    HLF: Johnson, Lamb, Elgey, Field
    CTR: T. Turbo, Idris, Kelly, Moga
    WFB: Holmes, RTS, Hayne, Phythian, Ponga

    Gonna take a hit this week with Holmes, will play Phythian. Saves a trade for who I think will be an end-of-year must.

    If someone can find 50k for me so I can upgrade a CTR to Sione Mat, that would be much appreciated.
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 2971
    Reputation : 417
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:31 pm

    Pretty much settled on this unless I decide to shift things around to accomodate McInnes. Has as much genuine money making prospects as possible I think.

    avatar
    SlitherySloths

    Posts : 7
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2017-02-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

    Post by SlitherySloths on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:29 pm

    Ugh I don't what I'm doing with my team suggestions.

      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:13 pm