NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:34 pm

I have Norman, RTS, Hayne, and probably Talakai out this week, but I see Norman and RTS as season-long keepers atm, and I'm willing to hold Hayne and Talakai for now, because I believe they will both have upsides if/when they return (hopefully sooner rather than later), although either or both of them could go if any must-have cash cows turn up over the next couple of weeks.

Elgey is my problem child. I can't see any upside in keeping him. He is going to lose money, and he is a bad AE atm. I was planning to trade him out for Jacks, but now Jacks is either not playing or on the bench (yikes!). My only other cash-cow option to bring in for Elgey atm would be Moga (via moving Hayne from WFB to HLF), but I'm not sure about Moga's job security/injury risk.
    '
    So the only trade that I'm considering atm for this week is Elgey out for either Jacks or Moga. Any thoughts or advice guys?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:07 pm

I would not trade in Jacks. Unless Slater gets injured again his first grade days are numbered.

Moga appears to have a first grade position until he loses it so I'd take him over Jacks. Better money making prosoects

Keeping Elgey might not be all that bad though. I don't think he'll lose tonnes of money and all it takes is 1-2 decent games and he can make a bit of cash.

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I would not trade in Jacks. Unless Slater gets injured again his first grade days are numbered.

Moga appears to have a first grade position until he loses it so I'd take him over Jacks. Better money making prosoects

Keeping Elgey might not be all that bad though. I don't think he'll lose tonnes of money and all it takes is 1-2 decent games and he can make a bit of cash.

Thanks Milchy. All points that I have considered, which is the reason for my indecision.

So I will have to consider this in two steps:

1/ How much do I really want to dump Elgey?

2/ If I decide to dump Elgey, is it Jacks or Moga? Unfortunately I can see the pros and cons for both, which is causing "analysis paralysis".

I might have to follow the old trade-preservation rule of "when in doubt, don't trade", but I'm already applying that rule to the rest of my team. Haha.

If I don't make a trade this week, then I will have made ZERO trades so far this season, which is record for me. I will be having a good look at all the cash cows this weekend who have played LESS than 2 games  (i.e. one or none) prior to this round, in the hope that someone ends up being ripe for the picking next week, but there are a lack of decent bottom-priced cows around atm.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Is Hess IN for Hayne a good trade?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:09 pm

In the short term, Hess in is a very good trade.
    In the medium to long term it may also be a good trade depending on what happens when Tauamalolo comes back.

Whether you will regret that trade in 3 months time when you have no trades left is another thing.

Trading Jacks in is not worth it at all. You'll get once price rise, which might not even be that big. Then unless Slater gets injured again you'll have a crap scorer on your hands.
    Slater may well get injured again, and if you already have Jacks he is a hold, but not worth a trade to bring in.

Moga's usefulness depends on how long he can stay fit, and how long he can keep Mead out of first grade. But it appears he is first choice for starting centre when fit.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Simon Templar wrote:.
    Is Hess IN for Hayne a good trade?

I've been back and forward with the Hess trade in all week, but once Taumololo copped 2 weeks, I will trade him in now. Even if, when Taumololo comes back in 2 weeks and Fensom cements a place in the 17, Hess should score reasonably well in the next 2 weeks and the price rise in that time is too hard for me to ignore.....
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks Milchy and Pacey.

I'm liking the Hess IN for Hayne trade. Shame I'm about 30K short of being able to bring Hess IN for Elgey, but apparently we can't have everything that we want.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:18 am

For what its worth, I am bringing in Hess too - its an easier case to make in DT pre price rises than Fantasy imo. Other trade-in is probably Wallace, once i convince myself to trade out ET.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:37 pm

any advice on my team currently ranked 216th with 194k ITB

mccines brailey

surgess wallace faulusie hoare

JDB gallen buhrer hess sirronen E.T

taylor lamb jacks elgey

turbo walker rennings scott

smat gordon rts sulli uate

thinking i might bring in norman next week to strengthen my halves
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:21 pm

jelejasof wrote:For what its worth, I am bringing in Hess too - its an easier case to make in DT pre price rises than Fantasy imo. Other trade-in is probably Wallace, once i convince myself to trade out ET.

I'm holding onto ET for now. I'm expecting more from him when he stops getting head knocks in every game.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 pm

manlybeaver wrote:any advice on my team currently ranked 216th with 194k ITB

mccines brailey

surgess wallace faulusie hoare

JDB gallen buhrer hess sirronen E.T

taylor lamb jacks elgey

turbo walker rennings scott

smat gordon rts sulli uate

thinking i might bring in norman next week to strengthen my halves

Not too much wrong with that team Beaver. Your ranking of 216th is better than my ranking of 307th.

I think *C.Norman* is a good purchase for your team. He has been in my team since Day 1.

Last edited by Simon Templar on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Insert C.Norman)
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Not too much wrong with that team Beaver. Your ranking of 216th is better than my ranking of 307th.

I think he is a good purchase for your team. He has been in my team since Day 1.

Agreed, team looks very good. the three targets I had my eye on for this round - Hess, Wallace and Uate - are all in your team. Even RJennings who might come in next week if he performs tomorrow. I am getting rid of Elgey and ET though, but not sure who you would upgrade to...
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Advice on who to punt out of Clay Priest and Frankenstein?

Leaning towards the latter but he is certainly getting more minutes which is muddying the water.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:39 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Advice on who to punt out of Clay Priest and Frankenstein?

Leaning towards the latter but he is certainly getting more minutes which is muddying the water.
    You probably want to punt both if DPP players allow you grab the relevant cows you missed as there are much better options and either wont make a great deal of cash. Id probably punt Priest first with whitehead back in forwards and Paulo back since he played i dont see much upside from his first score. Frankenstein at least plays more minutes albeit poorly.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:36 am

Probably should have ignored my advice not to trade in Jacks.

Good start for me this week
    507/8, captain Cam played

still got Hess, ET, Lamb, Mata'utia, DWalker, Sironen, Suli, Gallen, JDB to come

Can swap Kelly in for Suli. But I think Manly and Tigers are both up against it this weekend so its all about seeing who can fluke something
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:05 am

Thats a real good score. 357 from 5 including captain cam. Liking this team more than my fantasy one as I have McInnes and gutherson in this one. May shift focus as the year goes on
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Probably should have ignored my advice not to trade in Jacks.

Good start for me this week
    507/8, captain Cam played

still got Hess, ET, Lamb, Mata'utia, DWalker, Sironen, Suli, Gallen, JDB to come

Can swap Kelly in for Suli. But I think Manly and Tigers are both up against it this weekend so its all about seeing who can fluke something

Thats a good score Milchy. I'm on 495/8, including capt Cam, so you are 12 ahead of me atm.

I went with my gut and traded OUT Elgey for Jacks, although I was trying to talk myself out of it (which is why I asked for advice). But I decided that I really wanted to dump Elgey ASAP, and I saw more upside and value in Jacks than I did in Moga.

Also traded OUT Hayne for Hess, so I'm hoping that I haven't killed Hess. Haha.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

I've been back and forward with the Hess trade in all week, but once Taumololo copped 2 weeks, I will trade him in now. Even if, when Taumololo comes back in 2 weeks and Fensom cements a place in the 17, Hess should score reasonably well in the next 2 weeks and the price rise in that time is too hard for me to ignore.....

I agree. Hess was too hard to ignore.

Last edited by Simon Templar on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Thats a good score Milchy. I'm on 495/8, including capt Cam, so you are 12 ahead of me atm.

I went with my gut and traded OUT Elgey for Jacks, although I was trying to talk myself out of it (which is why I asked for advice). But I decided that I really wanted to dump Elgey ASAP, and I saw more upside and value in Jacks than I did in Moga.

Also traded OUT Hayne for Hess, so I'm hoping that I haven't killed Hess. Haha.

Sometimes you need a bit of luck in this game, and with Munster getting injured Jacks should turn out to be a good buy, so you got a win there.

You are far from alone in trading in Hess this week. If he fails there will be plenty of people to hold accountable
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Sometimes you need a bit of luck in this game, and with Munster getting injured Jacks should turn out to be a good buy, so you got a win there.

You are far from alone in trading in Hess this week. If he fails there will be plenty of people to hold accountable

Yep I got lucky with Jacks, but I'm not happy that it came at the expense of Munster. I'm a big fan of Munster IRL (not just fantasy). The media is so obsessed with Slater, that IMO they haven't quite woken up yet to exactly how good a player Munster actually is. Plus he is a beast of a Fantasy player (when injury free).

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:33 pm