NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Poor Pacey.

Has a projected score of 994, but CHN in starting team and nobody left to trade him out to.
    So looks like he'll cop an AE of 12, with Brian Kelly's 62 in his NPRs

He'll still crack 900 but was on track for a massive one.

I've now had 8 players outscore captain McCullough - with last week's captain Gallen still to come too.

Im on 8 too mate, with another tied with him, haha.

Hey, how can you tell what peoples teams are for the current week? Are they in your H2H league or something? I'd love to see who my closest rivals in the Union VSDT league have fielded Smile
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 34 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:56 pm

That's a bit of a bugger with CHN though hey, for Pacey of course, but I was hoping for a little more than 80k profit.

I guess he's a hold to see how things go for another week at least.

Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Disappointed in hearing the news of CHN dropping out of the squad. When Cartwright dropped out of the 19, I was more confident in CHN playing but not to be.
    No other NPR's I was confident in using, so B.Kelly's 62 against Storm was very much a surprise albeit a nice one ( keep making money Brian ).
    The only other thing I was thinking of doing was play R.Jennings in the centres and using Chrichton as 4th reserve in the off chance that CHN didn't play, but I thought I'd take a chance on CHN. As it turns out, the AE I'm getting is Jenning's 12 so would have scored the same anyway.

Need a big one from Gallen today and I think it's about time that Tedesco scores a couple of tries, (only 1 try in round 1 is very unusual for him, at least a hatrick Teddy).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:14 pm

I almost traded Teddy in instead of C Walker.

So if he could have one more quiet game I'll bring him in next week.
    FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:43 am

957 with Tedesco any good?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 am

FebruaryChamp wrote:957 with Tedesco any good?

Definitely. U should hit 1000 and depending on where you are currently in the rankings that'll shoot you up quite a bit I reckon. Again, my Guess is that most serious players will score between 900 to 1000 this week and so the top end of that or anything above is great.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:52 pm

FebruaryChamp wrote:957 with Tedesco any good?

It's better than 685 with 4 players to go. Wink lol
    Roger8
    Roger8

Post by Roger8 Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Got 965 this week but a few others in L3 got a similar score.
    FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:41 am

Anyone have thoughts on value trade-ins this week or soon (prior to week 12)?

Crichton seems like a must have now but it seems most got him last week.

I guess Frawley will be hard to pass up if he starts and on the face of it Lichaa only getting 26 minutes suggests that might not be too far away. Plays week 12 which is a bonus.

K-Nik seems interesting too. I guess that all depends on how long B Hunt is out for? Plays 12 as well and should score well above his BE for a while.

Im also wondering about G Burgess? With all the talk that he could be value at the start of the year, he is now a further 30k under and presumably will fall a bit further. He could be a straight swap for someone like Yates this week and could be great value over the bye period if his output picks up...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:24 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Anyone have thoughts on value trade-ins this week or soon (prior to week 12)?

Crichton seems like a must have now but it seems most got him last week.

I guess Frawley will be hard to pass up if he starts and on the face of it Lichaa only getting 26 minutes suggests that might not be too far away. Plays week 12 which is a bonus.

K-Nik seems interesting too. I guess that all depends on how long B Hunt is out for? Plays 12 as well and should score well above his BE for a while.

Im also wondering about G Burgess? With all the talk that he could be value at the start of the year, he is now a further 30k under and presumably will fall a bit further. He could be a straight swap for someone like Yates this week and could be great value over the bye period if his output picks up...

I was hoping Teddy could have a quiet one so I could pick him up sub $400k.
    Playing origin his byes aren't the best so not sure

Jesse Bromwich worth keeping an eye on still.

if Moses goes to Parra (and retains goalkicking) then he's another who might be worth it.

BJ Leilua is well and truly past his bottom and on the way up.

Frawley I think will be a slow burn - will play off the bench for a few more rounds before he ends up starting. But if you think he'll eventually be good best to get in early.

I need to work out who my long term centre partner for Crichton is going to be. Currently Dylan Walker. Don't trust Aubbo right now with SST now in the mix. I think Tohu Harris will be who I want in the final 17 so might just ride Walker until Tohu returns.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:45 am

Milchcow wrote:

I was hoping Teddy could have a quiet one so I could pick him up sub $400k.
    Playing origin his byes aren't the best so not sure

Jesse Bromwich worth keeping an eye on still.

if Moses goes to Parra (and retains goalkicking) then he's another who might be worth it.

BJ Leilua is well and truly past his bottom and on the way up.

Frawley I think will be a slow burn - will play off the bench for a few more rounds before he ends up starting. But if you think he'll eventually be good best to get in early.

I need to work out who my long term centre partner for Crichton is going to be. Currently Dylan Walker. Don't trust Aubbo right now with SST now in the mix. I think Tohu Harris will be who I want in the final 17 so might just ride Walker until Tohu returns.

Cheers mate. Im a little skeptical about picking up guys now that might play origin.

What chance do you give BJ and Teddy of making Origin? My WFB upgrade pre origin will likely be Slater to Walker. Im happy enough with my C's too (Aubs and Crichton) so not that serious about BJ.

The Kiwi storm boys (JBrom and Tohu) look to be great pick-ups after 12.

What do you think about G Burgess? Any chance he improves his fantasy form?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Cheers mate. Im a little skeptical about picking up guys now that might play origin.

What chance do you give BJ and Teddy of making Origin? My WFB upgrade pre origin will likely be Slater to Walker. Im happy enough with my C's too (Aubs and Crichton) so not that serious about BJ.

The Kiwi storm boys (JBrom and Tohu) look to be great pick-ups after 12.

What do you think about G Burgess? Any chance he improves his fantasy form?

Teddy - Near certainty
    BJ - Slim chance

Gurgess I'd rate as a 50/50 chance of improving his fantasy form but given those odds, is a clear wait and see for mine.
    He's not setting the world alight at the moment so no need to rush him in and the form of Crichton (in the backrow) and Turner (at prop) is really counting against him.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Teddy - Near certainty
    BJ - Slim chance

Gurgess I'd rate as a 50/50 chance of improving his fantasy form but given those odds, is a clear wait and see for mine.
    He's not setting the world alight at the moment so no need to rush him in and the form of Crichton (in the backrow) and Turner (at prop) is really counting against him.

Thanks mate, yeah re Gurgess I'd only consider him if there's evidence of a (fantasy) form improvement, otherwise there is no value other than the bye coverage and at his current points it doesnt seem like its worth the trade (or 2)...

Do you have any thoughts on JBrom?

Im gonna upgrade Siro this week for a gun forward. Leaning to Graham at this stage but Tolman and Surgess are the other main options.

J Brom is an interesting one though as you'd think he has the biggest upside of all of them in terms of value and the money saved by bringing him in makes for an easier (and quicker upgrade elsewhere). Doesnt play 12 though... My main dilemma is that this will be the last upgrade in my forwards (barring injury) until at least round 12 so its my last chance to bring in a gun. Whoever I dont go with will be out of my 17 for the near future. Hence why I think the best option is going big with Graham.

Currently running
    Cam McCullough
    JDB, Wallace, FKaufusi, Yates
    Gallen, Mannering, McGuire, Whitehead, Sironen, CHN
    Roger8
    Roger8

Post by Roger8 Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:58 pm

Up to 195th, early days but my planned trades are:

Jacks -> Nuffie
    Talakai -> Crichton

Smith (Brailey)
    Gallen, Tolman (Faufusi)
    JTrbo, Lolo, Surgess (Hess)
    Johnson, Cleary
    Ma'u, Crichton
    Teddy, RTS, CWalker (Ponga)

If Surgess is out I can play Hayne (if he is back), Burns, Cotric or CHN.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Small rise to 11. Caught ground on the leader. And highest team value in the top 100.
    Not a terrible position
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Small rise to 11. Caught ground on the leader. And highest team value in the top 100.
    Not a terrible position

whats your team value ? my team value is 8.6million but with the money in the bank im just a tad shy of 8.8 million
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Team worth $8,788,600

Entirely possible some have more than that one you include cash in the bank. But that's not visible to me to work out.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:30 pm

looking at the top sides im just out side the top 50 bye planning will probably play a major factor since most teams have alot of similar players. thats why im choosing some pods

was glad 1st didnt pick up crichton last week
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Thanks mate, yeah re Gurgess I'd only consider him if there's evidence of a (fantasy) form improvement, otherwise there is no value other than the bye coverage and at his current points it doesnt seem like its worth the trade (or 2)...

Do you have any thoughts on JBrom?

Im gonna upgrade Siro this week for a gun forward. Leaning to Graham at this stage but Tolman and Surgess are the other main options.

J Brom is an interesting one though as you'd think he has the biggest upside of all of them in terms of value and the money saved by bringing him in makes for an easier (and quicker upgrade elsewhere). Doesnt play 12 though... My main dilemma is that this will be the last upgrade in my forwards (barring injury) until at least round 12 so its my last chance to bring in a gun. Whoever I dont go with will be out of my 17 for the near future. Hence why I think the best option is going big with Graham.

Currently running
    Cam McCullough
    JDB, Wallace, FKaufusi, Yates
    Gallen, Mannering, McGuire, Whitehead, Sironen, CHN

I'm guessing that JBrom will enter my team (and everyone else's) at some stage - just a matter of waiting until they've nursed him back enough and his minutes increase to what they should be.
    Will happen but happy enough to wait and miss the first week that occurs.

In fact looking at the bye schedule the Storm players are ideal to bring in post Rd 12 as their next bye is the not so crowded Rd 19 - Harris and JBrom will likely enter my side around that time.

Obviously you will have to wait for the outcome of what happens with Burgess but he is a must have now.

In terms of JGraham or Tolman, I personally went Tolman this week and after he rolled out a 70 odd on Friday I was patting myself on the back for being a deadset genius.
    The next day rolled around and I had to painfully watch as Kaufusi (the bloke I traded out for Tolman) rolled out an 80-odd....a day is a long time in Rugby League (and particularly fantasy football)!

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:54 pm