NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 52 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by manlybeaver Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:16 am

how many trades do people have left and what type of numbers people looking at fielding next week ?
    i currently have 9 trades left and 14 players before trades next week.

Round 16 will be the defining moment for alot of teams i think it seems alot of teams without the depth are using souths players to field teams during the big byes. i have 7 players from south/parra so im gonna be hit hard also but im optamistic i can secure a top 10 position by the end of year with a few other fantasy fanatics.

Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 52 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Clack Bocks Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:55 am

manlybeaver wrote:how many trades do people have left and what type of numbers people looking at fielding next week ?

Round 16 will be the defining moment for alot of teams i think it seems alot of teams without the depth are using souths players to field teams during the big byes. i have 7 players from south/parra so im gonna be hit hard also but im optamistic i can secure a top 10 position by the end of year with a few other fantasy fanatics.

I have 12 trades but don't know byes off the top of my head. Have only 5 eels and bunnies though
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:Noticed Pacey captained merrin, tough break

Captaining Merrin was a bad decision but that's my fault. Look what's happening now to the Jake Friend owners.
    Geez these fantasy gods can be cruel sometimes................................
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:28 pm

manlybeaver wrote:how many trades do people have left and what type of numbers people looking at fielding next week ?

16 trades left.

BEFORE any trading:

16 players in Round 15
    (includes Stimson and GGM)

18 players in Round 16

25 players in Round 17

15 players in Round 18
    (includes Stimson)

18 players in Round 19
    (includes GGM)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:01 am

My round pretty much broke on Friend. I wasn't going particularly well before that with some poor scores and the c on Taumalolo, but did at least have Edwards in there.

Now very much looking like an 900 round at best.

I think Im probably gone in my Eliminator too lol. Was looking good until Friend.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 am

^^^^This is me too only as a Tigers fan I copped it double
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:38 am

This game just proves that you should never, ever get complacent.

4 games into the round, I was cruising. My lowest score was 43 and was on track for a monster.

Then Cleary and Merrin put in substandard performances. Never mind, nothing I can't come back from
    Then Friend comes i with a -3. Killed me this round, will see a drop in rankings, and combined with Smith going large, its going to make it hard to switch Friend back to Smith in round 20.

Could be a massively important 4 minutes in the course of the season.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 am

Milchcow wrote:
    This game just proves that you should never, ever get complacent.

4 games into the round, I was cruising. My lowest score was 43 and was on track for a monster.

Then Cleary and Merrin put in substandard performances. Never mind, nothing I can't come back from
    Then  Friend comes i with a -3. Killed me this round, will see a drop in rankings, and combined with Smith going large, its going to make it hard to switch Friend back to Smith in round 20.

Could be a massively important 4 minutes in the course of the season.

Is it about complacency? or simply luck? You can't do anything about players getting injured huh.

Either way its pretty gutting to spend pretty much the whole season in the top 10 (got as high as 2nd at one point) only to have something like this probably end my chances at having a shot at winning the whole thing. I felt like I was in a pretty good place up until this week - bye planning was as good as it could be and had a pretty solid plan to get ~19 guns by round 20.

Oh well, lucky life goes on Wink

Lets see where the chips fall after this round with final scores, suspensions, and Origin selections.

I have a feeling it might not be as bad for some as first thought!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:57 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Is it about complacency? or simply luck? You can't do anything about players getting injured huh.

Either way its pretty gutting to spend pretty much the whole season in the top 10 (got as high as 2nd at one point) only to have something like this probably end my chances at having a shot at winning the whole thing. I felt like I was in a pretty good place up until this week - bye planning was as good as it could be and had a pretty solid plan to get ~19 guns by round 20.

Well I'm not suggesting my complacency actually caused Friend to get injured, but I was feeling really good about the round on Saturday afternoon.

Still a long way to go, and I'm not ruling things out, but it's a big blow.

With Wallace and Slater out, my round 15 planning looks a lot less good than it did a month ago. Might end up sacrificing it a little in order to get big scores in 18/19
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:01 am

This is why bye planning is a waste of time.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 am

No Worries wrote:This is why bye planning is a waste of time.

I see where you are coming from but I'd be in a worse position now if I hadn't had planned for byes.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 am

Milchcow wrote:

Well I'm not suggesting my complacency actually caused Friend to get injured, but I was feeling really good about the round on Saturday afternoon.

With Wallace and Slater out, my round 15 planning looks a lot less good than it did a month ago. Might end up sacrificing it a little in order to get big scores in 18/19

Too late, Im blaming you Wink

I had planned to trade Wallace and Slater this week (or next) so nothing's really changed for me.

Munster would hurt though!
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:36 am

No Worries wrote:This is why bye planning is a waste of time.

Bye planning is only a waste of time if the players you are planning to use during the byes end up taking a hit.

How is that any different to someone who DOESN'T plan for the byes, who has players who end up taking a hit? :-S
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:37 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I see where you are coming from but I'd be in a worse position now if I hadn't had planned for byes.

This
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:28 pm

Well that's me gooooooone in the eliminator. Unless Vaughan and McInnes combine for 200 points. Special thanks go out to radrad and friend for their single digit contributions. Fkn gah.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If you are highly superstitious, like I am, you would be taking full responsibility for the injury....

Still in a good position though mate, you've just gone from probably being well in front overall to worse case scenario staying around where you are or probably still gaining ground on the leader who had several of the blokes that had a stinker too.

Would doubt that many have come through this round unscathed, certainly not many in contention anyway.

Long way to go in the round, let alone the season.

manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Seems friend caused a lot of strong teams out of the eliminator I got lucking vsing a team who will be lucky to score 700. With all the carnage what will be a average score for the week 900?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am