NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    OK, perhaps a strange question at this stage.

But if I am trading in a player (e Whitehead) is there anywhere in the trade page I can just type in his name to bring him up so I can put him in my team. Or do I have to scroll through all available players until i find him?

Not unless you use the filters. Then you can type his name.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:03 pm

By the way, I posted this on the NRL.com fantasy thread but didnt really get any replies. Is Whitehead playing the same role this year as he did last year? I.e. all else equal should we be expecting last year type numbers out of him? Or has something changed?

I understand he has had low scores this year for various reasons, but now that he is back in the 2nd row, I just want to try and reasonably understand what should be expected out of him from here on in.

One major question is that I thought last year he played 13 in the middle, but his year he looks to be playing on the edge. Surely that will affect his numbers? I might be recalling that incorrectly though...

Any help much appreciated!
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:By the way, I posted this on the NRL.com fantasy thread but didnt really get any replies. Is Whitehead playing the same role this year as he did last year? I.e. all else equal should we be expecting last year type numbers out of him? Or has something changed?

I understand he has had low scores this year for various reasons, but now that he is back in the 2nd row, I just want to try and reasonably understand what should be expected out of him from here on in.

One major question is that I thought last year he played 13 in the middle, but his year he looks to be playing on the edge. Surely that will affect his numbers? I might be recalling that incorrectly though...

Any help much appreciated!
    Nah he was never a lock, should be in the same role as last year as that right hand side was their game breaking side and he was a big part of that.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Last year Whitehead averaged 50 (in Fantasy scoring) playing the role he is playing now.

He had a couple of games in the halves, but was never a middle forward.

Canberra had a very good year last year, and have a very similar team this year, but there are no guarantees that they (or Whitehead specifically) will be able to reproduce it.

I think if you want him in VSDT, this week is the week to bring him in. You can wait a week or 2 to confirm his points and role, but barring injury, this will be as cheap as he gets.

Fantasy you can probably wait a week as his BE still a little higher there.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Perfect guys, thanks so much. See this is the reason I wont last in the top 10 for long, I've got no idea haha!

I had been planning on bringing him in in VSDT this week so I think I'll pull the trigger on that one. Hess to Whitehead!
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Perfect guys, thanks so much. See this is the reason I wont last in the top 10 for long, I've got no idea haha!

I had been planning on bringing him in in VSDT this week so I think I'll pull the trigger on that one. Hess to Whitehead!

I have not looked at the stats to confirm but last year Canberra were full of points and I imagine Whitehead racked up a fair portion of attacking stats along the way.

This season they have had a tough start but I expect they will again start scoring well again (starting this weekend against the depleted Titans) which should then translate into fantasy stats.

Makes the likes of Whitehead and Hodgson look attractive at their current prices.....
    arsendragon
    arsendragon

Post by arsendragon Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:16 pm

I cant play this game without a spreadsheet for the stats... so I've started making one. Ill post it up when its done, but I need some ideas on what you want to see on the main team page??? Looks like the MN sits close to 8553.24 atm... give me some feedback lads and ill post something up tomorrow
    arsendragon
    arsendragon

Post by arsendragon Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Havent put in a lot here, just a quick whip up atm...but will fix it better for next week lads who are interested

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 27 WXymFm6
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 pm

What would be good would be a ratio of positive to negative points, shows those that average well but doing simple things right and those that could do well if they just tidy up their game
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:16 pm

arsendragon wrote:Havent put in a lot here, just a quick whip up atm...but will fix it better for next week lads who are interested

Spoiler:

Awesome job Arsen...I especially love the cash cow value. Useful info!

Last edited by Milchcow on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hiding the big image that al;ready appears on the page)
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:44 pm

arsendragon wrote:I cant play this game without a spreadsheet for the stats... so I've started making one. Ill post it up when its done, but I need some ideas on what you want to see on the main team page??? Looks like the MN sits close to 8553.24 atm... give me some feedback lads and ill post something up tomorrow

Great stuff arsen. All of a sudden it feels like 2009-2010.  Very Happy

I would like to see the following:

1/ Two columns that show the positions for each player.
    2/ Put the players' first names and surnames in separate columns, so that the alpha listing can be based on surnames.
    3/ What score do you use to calculate the CCV? Do you use the season average, AC projected score, or something else? Could you include a column for that score?

P.S. How about those Dragons mate? Maybe it is 2009-2010 again.  Wink
    arsendragon
    arsendragon

Post by arsendragon Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:26 am

2/ Put the players' first names and surnames in separate columns, so that the alpha listing can be based on surnames.
    3/ What score do you use to calculate the CCV? Do you use the season average, AC projected score, or something else? Could you include a column for that score?

Yeah bloody hoath ST! Ill have a crack at those ideas mate Wink Yeah I used Season Avg for ccV. I dont have assistant coach so cant post projected scores. I never pay for those things seeing I can make a spreadsheet from scratch in 3hrs to do the same job Wink lol  I will put in a position matrix and make something interesting ... got a few nice new formulas to sort the data nicely for that

Last edited by Milchcow on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Milchcow fixed up arsen's inability to quote)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:38 am

It might be redundant if Arsen is going to go around putting up his stuff, but here is the direct link to my sheet

https://www.mediafire.com/?7tcng12wu5bwrnn

Have added a breakdown tab for player research. No minutes or position played available at this point, that might come later.
    Roger8
    Roger8

Post by Roger8 Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:39 am

jelejasof wrote:Dropped four places to 27 but happy with my start.  Stupid trade last week though - I looked at the Storm bench and figured Stimson was worth a trade.  Instead he got 16 garbage minutes at the end of the game.  Still his BE is only 6 so still a chance to turn it around.

CHN is a must have this week imo.  The only question is who to trade him out for.  Leaning towards Yates (if he doesn't get named), or FKaufusi (who's been going well but is my only other trade-out option).  I'm holding on to Hess a week or two longer.

I'm bringing in CHN in but not sure for who though as well. I have Yates, Faufusi and Hess as well and I'm actually leaning more towards Hess. Yates still has one more rise in him, even if he doesn't play I can hold on until he plays that next game. Faufusi whilst not setting the world on fire is consistent and will keep getting 30-45 and will cash him out when Tohu is back. Whilst Hess is a beast, I think he's peaked unless he can find a starting role. That game he scored 2 tries at the end was lucky and his BE is 33... so if he plays 40-50 mins he may only just get that.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Jeez I hope not, use to have to spend hours in the morning sifting thru the drunken banter while you guys waited for updates that came through in those days at about 2AM , however it was nice when DK posted up photos of JA, ST can you jog my my memory here as old timers has sent in, who was the Cowboys player that was bannied about in that era as a joke was moving to 5/8 from fullback ???
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Seems like every week the staggered draw works against my proposed trades. Interested in Ponga, pending news on Coote, but Moga is the best candidate to trade out and he will be locked out as of this morning.

Also, Cotric being listed as a CTR only means I have to play one of Suli, Kelly or Moga/Ponga, instead of him. If SMat pulls out, I'm going to have to play two of them...
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

Jeez I hope not, use to have to spend hours in the morning sifting thru the drunken banter while you guys waited for updates that came through in those days at about 2AM , however it was nice when DK posted up photos of JA, ST can you jog my my memory here as old timers has sent in, who was the Cowboys player that was bannied about in  that era as a joke was moving to 5/8 from fullback ???

Ashley Graham to 5/8.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:26 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:
    [/spoiler]

Awesome job Arsen...I especially love the cash cow value. Useful info!

Cheers Milch I actually thought I had deleted the image from the quote but turns out
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:03 pm

DarkKnight wrote:

Ashley Graham to 5/8.

Thx DK its been bugging me , might get a good night sleep now.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Should have bitten the bullet and captained McCullough in this comp. Have considered it 2 weeks in a row now

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am