NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Warriors wrote:

Was thinking the same just now provided Johnson has the kicking tee. Plays the first big bye against the broncos as well so that helps, probably a 50 nil scoreline and 100 points there if he scores a few tries. Take out McGuire, Gillette, Thaiday, Boyd and possibly oates and maybe 1 of hunt/milford they could be in for a hiding.

Looks like my halves will be Johnson, Norman, Moses and Elgy at this stage provided nothing else changes. Have warmed to the idea of Moses.

Have got the same halves pencilled in at the moment.
    bluetige
    bluetige

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by bluetige Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Wasnt slater a bit like foran in terms of fantasy scoring

Slater used to be in the gun keeper category in 2014 and before
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Warriors wrote:

I will just share a few strategies I had last year, ended up 24th overall after being about 10,000th after week 1.

I went with the guns and cash cows approach. I tried to pick 1 gun in each position, that would end up in the top echelon for their position e.g. for a hooker, a top two hooker end of year. 2nd rower - top 6 end of year etc

These were

Smith  - held all year
    Woods - flop
    Merrin and JDB - held all year
    DCE - traded when injured
    Croker - held all year
    Tedesco - held all year

Early trades were to get LAM and K Evans out and J Trobjevic (for round 2) and E Whitehead in (for round 3). When Gallen went down I got Fifita, when Slater went down I got Munster.

So my rule was only trade in who I thought was going to be keepers. Also don't be stubborn with midrangers that haven't worked out.

Players I didn't start with that I missed not having - Jake Friend, James Graham, Sam Mataora, Pat Matau'tia and H Hunt. The thing to remember is you can't have everyone and don't ruin your team just to get 1 player in.

This year the cap is more restricting I feel. We also don't have a Parcel/Garvey type unless Cameron King does better than expected and/or Segy comes back.

Also 1 other thing I have picked up is that new or underpriced/returning 80 minute second rowers are where the money is. E.g T Harris in 2015 (that year I went with Finucane instead!!!), Rochow, Carter and Turner early last year, Cartwright and Whitehead all year. Also who will be this years Jake Trobjevic. I have my eye on players like J Wallace, Vaughan and McGuire.

Also after watching a few games of BJ Leilua last year I got him in early (maybe round 4 or 5) and together with Croker went a long way to why I did so well. I also started with Cody Walker along with the obvious cash cows in Hastings and Ash Taylor. Advice would be to go with your gut and not the crowd.

Is there a chance that Barrett starts Sironen and if he did would he be such a bad pick? Only played four games over 70 min last year but when he did avg was almost 40. priced at 26. From one knob coach to another. Feels like a trap. Thoughts?

kiwimoose
    kiwimoose

Post by kiwimoose Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:20 pm

White Lightning wrote:Matulino knee surgery & won't start 2017.
    Gaaahhdd damit seems my team is already dropping like flies haha.
    Best frf option 385k and below??? (Other thank gurgess)
    Also moses or Maloney ? Which one has more potential scoring/making $$ to upgrade this season. I'm going for a smith start and weaker frf pack
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Honey Badger wrote:Wasnt slater a bit like foran in terms of fantasy scoring

Slater's past fantasy averages

2013 - 40.5
    2014 - 43.9
    2015 - 36.3
    2016 - 15

He wasn't at the elite level of scoring, but he was certainly pretty good. Of course injuries started catching up in 2015, and it seems doubtful he'll get back to his prime. We can only hope (or pick someone else)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Still feel like I can't move off starting the season with Tedesco, every year I try and scrimp in the backs and load up on the more consistent forwards scoring and every year a sluggish start when a few wfbs bust out huge scores and I get a few low 30s from forwards as they adjust the pack rotations at seasons start

I have started with Tedesco in the past but his price was no where near the elite gun level it is starting at now

What are you guys who plan on starting with Slater

a) hoping for scores wise
    b) plans if he gets injured again: Upgrade to a gun Munster?? or another WFB in his price range
    kiwimoose
    kiwimoose

Post by kiwimoose Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Welshy wrote:Still feel like I can't move off starting the season with Tedesco, every year I try and scrimp in the backs and load up on the more consistent forwards scoring and every year a sluggish start when a few wfbs bust out huge scores and I get a few low 30s from forwards as they adjust the pack rotations at seasons start

I have started with Tedesco in the past but his price was no where near the elite gun level it is starting at now

What are you guys who plan on starting with Slater

a) hoping for scores wise
    b) plans if he gets injured again: Upgrade to a gun Munster?? or another WFB in his price range
    DONT risk billy from the word go. I'm guessing your other two starting wfbs are Hayne and RTS. Why not start with someone priced say 250-300k (slightly above slater) gives you a chance to watch him. Plenty of mid range /possible guns around the $300k mark.teddy is expensive but could be sooooo worth it. Possible PODS everywhere. Like the look of JAC running off Cronk
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:07 pm

2017ismine wrote:
    DONT risk billy from the word go. I'm guessing your other two starting wfbs are Hayne and RTS. Why not start with someone priced say 250-300k (slightly above slater) gives you a chance to watch him. Plenty of mid range /possible guns around the $300k mark.teddy is expensive but could be sooooo worth it. Possible PODS everywhere. Like the look of JAC running off Cronk

I won't be starting with Slater mate, was asking the masses that have him currently in their teams

I will be going with Tedesco or Munster (if slater doesn't start the season) currently! other WFB are RTS and Hayne. standard haha
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Lloyd Perrett to sneak onto the Manly bench with Vave going?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Landed on $0 with Ray Thompson $265,000 in as a Seggy substitute but I'm sceptical Seg returns at that price....looks pretty balanced

Smith (c), Segeyaro
    DSaifiti, Gurgess, Hoare Perrett
    Surgess, Frizell, ETaylor, SioneMat, Elliot, Stimpson
    Norman, Cleary, Elgey Spud
    Idris, Whare, Kelly, CScott
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Phythian, RJennings
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote: one bloke that really interests me however is Shaun Fensom - why is he on the outer at Canberra???
    As far as I know he is not injured hoping Green Machine or Archer can enlighten me.
    @Aardvark Ratnick Just came accross this in my quest to catch up on the thread (nearly there!). I don't think anyone knows the exact reason he's on the outter, there are plenty of possible reaosns that have been tossed around though. "Doesn't bring enough in attack", "Too slow laterally", "Too many penalties" or simply "Can't fit him". I like the guy and he was reported to have a decent offload in the juniors so I do hold a little hope we can find a place for him, but I don't think its likely. Bateman and Soli are both in the side, guaranteed and I'm not sure we have the right balance if you also add in Fensom there.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:14 pm

my tv broke wrote:

i am honestly surprised he wasn't signed by another club in the offseason. he is on too many $$$ to play reserve grade, but ricky showed as of about mid last year that he wasn't part of his plans moving forward. even raiders fans seem to have forgotten the fence is still around.
    We haven't forgotten him Sad. There is a fairly recent thread about him on the GH and most still have a lot of love for him and think perhaps he needs to move to a different club (as much as it would hurt us to see him go) for the sake of his own career.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Semi to take it easy this year
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Archer wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

i am honestly surprised he wasn't signed by another club in the offseason. he is on too many $$$ to play reserve grade, but ricky showed as of about mid last year that he wasn't part of his plans moving forward. even raiders fans seem to have forgotten the fence is still around.
    We haven't forgotten him Sad. There is a fairly recent thread about him on the GH and most still have a lot of love for him and think perhaps he needs to move to a different club (as much as it would hurt us to see him go) for the sake of his own career.

The thing I see a lot is he "offers nothing in attack". He may be an old school defender but more times than not he does actually look to offload.

And who can forget him stepping and tip toeing down the sideline for a meaty 1st round last year lol!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Semi to take it easy this year

Yeah, bit of a worry. Allthough he still showed some ticker through all that crap last year and had some very good scores. But too many better and/or cheaper options this year.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:50 pm

If funds allow it I'll definitely be startin with Valentine Holmes

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:05 pm

flasSId* wrote:

The thing I see a lot is he "offers nothing in attack".  He may be an old school defender but more times than not he does actually look to offload.

And who can forget him stepping and tip toeing down the sideline for a meaty 1st round last year lol!

There are a few a lot of locks don't offer much in attack so I think thats very unfair on Fensom. You know if he was at any other club he'd be in the 17 I honestly cant think of one other than the raiders that wouldn't accommodate him. He just must have done something to upset sticky whether sticky admits it or not.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Aiden Guerra priced for an average of 43 - moved around with all the injuries the Rooster had last year. played 5/8, CTR and off the interchange for a 4 game spell where he only averaged around 35 minutes

His avg playing in the backrow over the season is 48, finished the season playing 80 with Cordner
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:57 pm

Archer wrote:

Do you reckon Bateman is going to be starting lock ahead of Soliola? What's the Canberra pack minutes list going to look like? If Bateman plays 50+ he becomes attractive at 301k because he certainly puts himself about when he's on the field.

On Fensom, I think fantasy players are a bit blinded to how good or not he is in real life. He tackles all day, but doesn't knock an opponent back or dominate and can't bend the line in attack. No coincidence that Canberra have suddenly started looking much better when he's not in the team and they have more fire and quicker rucks in the middle.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Welshy wrote:Aiden Guerra priced for an average of 43 - moved around with all the injuries the Rooster had last year. played 5/8, CTR and off the interchange for a 4 game spell where he only averaged around 35 minutes

His avg playing in the backrow over the season is 48, finished the season playing 80 with Cordner

Mate could be a great pick if he can return to form.

Some of his 2015 form was shocking. Missed tackles and drop balls all over the place, even when playing preferred position

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am