NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Welshy wrote:Aiden Guerra priced for an average of 43 - moved around with all the injuries the Rooster had last year. played 5/8, CTR and off the interchange for a 4 game spell where he only averaged around 35 minutes

His avg playing in the backrow over the season is 48, finished the season playing 80 with Cordner

He was bloody terrible last season - I know because I picked him from the start. Not even sure he makes the Roosters starting back row ahead of Aubusson (Cordner and SST/Liu in other spots).
    Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:15 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Mate could be a great pick if he can return to form.

Some of his 2015 form was shocking. Missed tackles and drop balls all over the place, even when playing preferred position

rhinoceroo wrote:

He was bloody terrible last season - I know because I picked him from the start. Not even sure he makes the Roosters starting back row ahead of Aubusson (Cordner and SST/Liu in other spots).

agree he wasn't the best lads, but form is temporary, Cordner has the one edge spot locked down and will play 80, If Guerra grabs the other wide backrow spot he would likely play 80 with Aubbs going 50/60 at lock with Lui off the bench

at least until SST returns, even playing bad he averaged 48 whilst in the 2RF
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:16 pm

So Semi officially gone after this year. I'd get rid of him now if I was Parramatta

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Do you reckon Bateman is going to be starting lock ahead of Soliola? What's the Canberra pack minutes list going to look like? If Bateman plays 50+ he becomes attractive at 301k because he certainly puts himself about when he's on the field.

On Fensom, I think fantasy players are a bit blinded to how good or not he is in real life. He tackles all day, but doesn't knock an opponent back or dominate and can't bend the line in attack. No coincidence that Canberra have suddenly started looking much better when he's not in the team and they have more fire and quicker rucks in the middle.

Its weird how different players are either praised or shunned for the exact same thing. Aaron powder puff Woods is always praised for being an "old school" forward and yet Fensom who shares most of the same qualities "cant bend the line or dominate"
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:21 pm

As would i. He has a court date next month too.. he may not be allowed to play after that.

Re guerra. Most on the roosters forum dont even see him in the 17. That may not mean alot but the more i think about it, Aubbs will partner corder in the backrow with Liu lock. Apparently paul carter has been working hard too

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 pm

Honeysett wrote:So Semi officially gone after this year. I'd get rid of him now if I was Parramatta

Yeah its obvious he does not want to be there

So no one thinks that Hoffman will start at Fullback?

I know a lot of Para fans wouldnt want it to happen but where else do you see him playing?

Hoffman
    Semi
    Jennings
    Taka
    French

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Id have anyone but hoffman at fullback
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:24 pm

my tv broke wrote:As would i. He has a court date next month too.. he may not be allowed to play after that.

Re guerra. Most on the roosters forum dont even see him in the 17. That may not mean alot but the more i think about it, Aubbs will partner corder in the backrow with Liu lock. Apparently paul carter has been working hard too

Fair comment mate, pre-season and WCC can't come quick enough!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:Id have anyone but hoffman at fullback

Hes rubbish but why would they sign him? I think its a reality he at least could start the season there

Last edited by Mighty Fishes on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:30 pm

I was of the understanding that French was getting first crack. Thought brad arthur said that at some stage

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 pm

my tv broke wrote:I was of the understanding that French was getting first crack. Thought brad arthur said that at some stage

Or he could play in the halves with Norman Rolling Laugh
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 pm

Honeysett wrote:So Semi officially gone after this year. I'd get rid of him now if I was Parramatta

Tough one.

If he has his head on and gives his all for the year then absolutely he needs to start because he is outstanding and makes the Eels a contender (minus any off field trouble they will undoubtedly fall into again) With French FB, Semi on the wing and the brilliant Norman and the emerging Gutho the Eels backline could be frightening

But any sign his head has gone and his heart ain't in it you bin him!

I think the Eels are close enough to contending that they have no option but to start the season with him
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:45 pm

Moeroa breakout year? Laughing Twisted Evil
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:Moeroa breakout year? Laughing Twisted Evil

Definitely. This is the year!!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Here is a Smith + Fifita team

Smith King
    Fifita Gurgess Ofahengaue Fonua-Blake
    Surgess ETaylor Sione Lane Faitala-Mariner $143k
    Norman Moses Elgey $143k
    Idris Hurrell $143k $138k
    RTS Hayne Slater $143k $138k

$118k left for upgrades.

I think there should be enough rookies/cheapies available to fill the NPR CTR and WFB slots.
    Cheapie half may have to be a non-starter.

Would rely on having some good mid-ranger options in FRF/2RF to be viable but its not as bad as I thought it might be.

In Smith/Fifita/Surgess should have 3 reliable captaincy options.

Quite refreshing seeing this line-up, I like the balance in each position.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Do you reckon Bateman is going to be starting lock ahead of Soliola? What's the Canberra pack minutes list going to look like? If Bateman plays 50+ he becomes attractive at 301k because he certainly puts himself about when he's on the field.

On Fensom, I think fantasy players are a bit blinded to how good or not he is in real life. He tackles all day, but doesn't knock an opponent back or dominate and can't bend the line in attack. No coincidence that Canberra have suddenly started looking much better when he's not in the team and they have more fire and quicker rucks in the middle.
    Tough to say, both can bring something from the bench and i could make an argument for both starting. However I personally expect Ricky to start the season with Soli at Lock and Bateman on the bench and switch it up by the end of the year.  He may even change it depending on the opposition. I can see why you are looking at him, the bloke does everything at 100 mile an hour so if he got more minutes i could see it translating to some pretty decent scores.

The minutes of the pack is going to depend on whether or not we replace Baptiste with a utility (like Turner, Clydesdale or Croker) or another Forward.  How Taylor turns out could also have a big impact on it. I'd personally steer clear or at the very least be mighty cautious.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:57 am

Any thoughts on players likely to acquire Matulino's minutes?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:40 am

mulvy wrote:

Is there a chance that Barrett starts Sironen and if he did would he be such a bad pick? Only played four games over 70 min last year but when he did avg was almost 40. priced at 26. From one knob coach to another. Feels like a trap. Thoughts?

It all depends whether Marty Taupau plays edge second row or prop I guess, and that's even before working out whether Sironen is going to continue being shit. He will be fighting with Lane and Kennedy I guess for that right second rower spot (given that Lewis Brown is being shopped around), so could be a case of getting half a game each given Marty can play 80, likewise Trobjevic at lock. Hastings/Korisau will share time. So there is room for two props and 1 second rower.

Myles, Lussick, Fonua Blake, Lawrence/Perret will be the front row rotation if Taupau aint in it. I'm more interested in whether Lloyd Perrett can get a spot in the prop rotation at 143K. Not sure if I would want to risk going with one of the second rowers with Sironen $244K, Kennedy $207K or Lane $180K
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:42 am

So, I had my first season last season, but was behind the 8 ball from the outset as I basically had no idea what I was doing. Attempting to get my head round things early so have put together my first team. Would love to get some feedback:

WFB: Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Uate, Pythinian
    C: Idris, TTrbo, RJennings, Scott
    HLF: Norman, Moses, Hodkinson, Hingano
    2RF: Surgess, ET,  S Mat, KBrom, Stimpson, Elliot
    FRF: Gurgess, Prior, Hoare, Gray
    HOK: Smith (c), Ballin

Comes in 2k under 7mil

Would love to get SJ in over Moses but would need to find ~100k

Question marks over Ballin...
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:18 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:So, I had my first season last season, but was behind the 8 ball from the outset as I basically had no idea what I was doing. Attempting to get my head round things early so have put together my first team. Would love to get some feedback:

WFB: Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Uate, Pythinian
    C: Idris, TTrbo, RJennings, Scott
    HLF: Norman, Moses, Hodkinson, Hingano
    2RF: Surgess, ET,  S Mat, KBrom, Stimpson, Elliot
    FRF: Gurgess, Prior, Hoare, Gray
    HOK: Smith (c), Ballin

Comes in 2k under 7mil

Would love to get SJ in over Moses but would need to find ~100k

Question marks over Ballin...

Nice team mate but your frf might be a bit light. Maybe downgrade 1 of Tedesco or T-Trbo & upgrade Gray. I would change Prior if Segeyaro signs with the Sharks because with Segeyaro a good chance to play 80 mins they might put another forward on the bench which will mean less minutes for Prior. I don't like ET myself but if you like him then stick. I don't think he'll play 80 mins & at 399k it seems too expensive for someone who played an average of 63 mins in 2016.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:03 am