NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Pieman
    Pieman

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 am

Revraiser wrote:Thats where you would always fall down pieman, blindly following stats without 'paying much attention'.
    Goong back to beale, when we signed him i was so annoyed, clearly just a gap-fill player and just hung around in the squad, never once taking the game by the scruff of the neck let alone doing anything of note. Highly overrated and living off the past/rep once gained.
    Ayshord floats around in between these guys somewhere, for those that want to discuss another

Is it mate?
    Or I just dont have a weird vendetta against someone who played 170 first grade NRL games, which clearly means they are a decent player.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Revraiser Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:33 am

Pieman wrote:

Is it mate?
    Or I just dont have a weird vendetta against someone who played 170 first grade NRL games, which clearly means they are a decent player.

As it's Pieman, you.must always be right. I forgot.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:40 am

Revraiser wrote:

He is right this time. Spuds don't play 170 NRL games.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:09 pm

Krump wrote:

+1......but might I add, it's a pointless argument (even for the off-season) because both sides are looking at it from completely different angles.

On another note (and I'm aware it was only brought up as a bit of trolling and shit-stirring) but in terms of the earlier talk about the WCC being bad for the Broncos performances, I'm not buying it.

The season is undoubtedly too long but that is largely around the grind of training and all the boring shit for so long.
    A pre-season tour is a great way to start the year and our performances tend to indicate the same.
    In fact we probably should do one mid year also.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:04 pm

Revraiser wrote:

ah thats nice u think im always right mate, but far from it, ive been wrong at least once.

The funny thing is, I think Pomeroy was rubbish at an NRL level too! Deadset one of the worst NRL players I have ever seen.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:09 pm

There's no such thing as a pointless arguement in the off season. What else are we going to do?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Contradicting yourself a bit @Pieman...

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Krump wrote:There's no such thing as a pointless arguement in the off season. What else are we going to do?
    Post GIFs in the party thread :pp:
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

The season is undoubtedly too long but that is largely around the grind of training and all the boring shit for so long.
    A pre-season tour is a great way to start the year and our performances tend to indicate the same.
    In fact we probably should do one mid year also.
    I agree. I would like to see even up to 10 rounds cut from the regular season.
    Its far too long and having less club games makes the ones we do get seem more valuable IMO.

I wouldnt mind a tourny every couple of years, where a handful of NRL teams go over there to england or they come here and they have a legit tournament. Not just 3 games. Would be a bit more exciting than what we currently get IMO, and offers NRL clubs a chance to essentially play heated meaningful trials against SL teams.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:24 pm

Mearcats wrote:Contradicting yourself a bit @Pieman...
    I am always right mate so I can say as much contradictory stuff and both of the comments are correct.
    lol

Nah it falls in line with the original argument - average NRL player but still a very very good rugby league player.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Pieman wrote:
    I am always right mate so I can say as much contradictory stuff and both of the comments are correct.

Naaaaah. You ain't no TopDog.

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 5 8526183709_ffb6f11511_o
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:32 pm

Pieman wrote:
    lol

Nah it falls in line with the original argument - average NRL player but still a very very good rugby league player.

Fair enough, I could be inclined to agree with that. Funnily, that was what my whole argument that kicked this debacle off was about but obvs as either Krump or yourself said, I needed to elaborate on my wording a little.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:15 pm

Nah not buying it !
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:59 am

Krump wrote:

They can give it a nudge...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Ayshford
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:13 pm

ryno_ wrote:

They can give it a nudge...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Ayshford

Falls into the exact same boat as Pomeroy

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Jersey Range for next yer has supposedly been leaked:

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 5 WucurRm

If those are the designs, none reach the lofty heights of the '15 heritage jersey, but most of them look pretty slick, i'm laughing at us bringing the aqua back for the nines though. It might be that the pic quality is a bit shit but the anzac jersey look like it has a camouflage pattern and i was always a fan of the diamond jerseys.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:54 am

I actually like the 9s jersey. White piping on the home jersey is too thick.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:33 am

I get so pissed off by all these shitty jerseys teams keep wearing.

When you go back to watch highlight clips of previous seasons it takes you ages just to work out which 2 teams are playing sometimes
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 am

Milchcow wrote:I get so pissed off by all these shitty jerseys teams keep wearing.

When you go back to watch highlight clips of previous seasons it takes you ages just to work out which 2 teams are playing sometimes
    Honeysett's rabble v the Tigers when they wear that high vis thing!
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:13 pm

There's good heritage and then there's heritage you wish you could forget.

This year's heritage falls into the latter.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 am