NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Pieman
    Pieman

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Pieman Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:18 am

Honeysett wrote:

Feeney. I guess there's an exception to every rule.

I stand by it. As shit as he is in the NRL, he would go well in just about any other league comp in the world.
    Krump
    Krump

2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 Brisbane Broncos Thread - we hate them for their freedom

Post by Krump Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:00 pm

Pieman wrote:

I stand by it. As shit as he is in the NRL, he would go well in just about any other league comp in the world.
    Spot on. I'm as guilty of it as anyone but we really do go over the top bagging players on here sometimes.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:33 pm

This is my argument about quality tho. Gerard Beale is not a quality player. He may be if he was playing in bush footy but he's not, he's playing NRL. Not saying he's super shit and doesn't deserve to be in the NRL, just that he ain't quality.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Mearcats wrote:This is my argument about quality tho. Gerard Beale is not a quality player. He may be if he was playing in bush footy but he's not, he's playing NRL. Not saying he's super shit and doesn't deserve to be in the NRL, just that he ain't quality.

Maybe so but I was suitably impressed with the way he used to be able to post on Sportal whilst in the midst of a game.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Disagree.

I think you need to start re-wording what you are saying.

For example, Jaeleen Feeney is not a quality NRL player.
    He is however a quality Rugby League player.

You pit him in any other Rugby League comp in the world, and he is one of the better players in it.

Gerard Beale is a decent NRL player without being great.
    If he went to the superleague, he would prob be one of the better outside backs though.

Dip

Post by Dip Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:45 pm

If you play NRL you are quality, but maybe not in comparison to other NRL players.

I'm going to say that even if you only play 1 NRL game, you probably could make a career in any other comp in the world. ESL is the second best competition in the world and you only need to look at the history of their Man of Steel (Dally M equivalent) to see that their best player has in many cases been no better than solid, without even being origin standard in the NRL.

For example:
    Zak Hardaker
    Sam Tompkins
    Rangi Chase
    Pat Richards
    Brett Hodgson (he played origin, but not that much)
    Adrian Vowles

Yeah there's some good names there too, like James Graham, but could you ever imagine Adrian Vowles, Rangi Chase or Pat Richards being in the betting market for the Dally M's.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:51 pm

pieman wrote:Can someone please tell Corey Parker that Paul Vaughn just signed with the dragons for 580k a year?

Thanks
    ryno wrote:Can someone please tell Paul Vaughn that if he would have taken less money he wouldnt have to move to a state he's never lived in and up root his entire life when he could stay put and still earn money most people only dream of?

Thanks
    pieman wrote:Lol, Woolongong is a 2 hour drive to canberra.
    Quicker than driving from Brisbane to the Gold coast in peak hour.

On a more important note, whats that got to do with Corey Parker

As somebody who does that drive twice a day - its not.

And I never mentioned CP13. The only person to mention CP13 and Vaughn in the same post was... you.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:42 pm

ryno_ wrote:

As somebody who does that drive twice a day - its not.

And I never mentioned CP13. The only person to mention CP13 and Vaughn in the same post was... you.

Exactly, so thats why I said, what has that got to do with corey parker? Was a joke mate.

And sorry, 2 and a half hours. The point was, moving from canberra to the south coast is hardly the same as moving from NQ to Randwick
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Ben pomeroy is the most extreme case as an example. He had a rep coming through penrith and lived off that to milk contracts with cronulla for yonks. I follow the sharks so closely and analyse every player. He never did a thing, was hopeless yet would get a spot each week. Not sure what my point is, i just take every opportunity to put the boot into that masquerader.

Last edited by Revraiser on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Nah mate, must've been a god if you ask peeps on here.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Yeah the bloke is also punching above his weight. It seems he also likes to punch on as well...
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Mearcats wrote:Nah mate, must've been a god if you ask peeps on here.

the bloke played nearly 170 first grade games.
    I mean, fuck, if he was hopeless he wouldnt have played even remotely that many.
    He prob just did what the coach wanted him to do, tackle and dont drop the ball. And his price tag wouldnt have been huge.
    There are obviously good nrl players and average ones, not everybody is a superstar. But the very fact that he was in the nrl and played so many games leads me to believe that he was a very very good rugby league player.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Who ?

Prior-prior to this year really gave me the shits. Made up for it though.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Ben Pomeroy.
    Yeah, prior really came good this year.
    Was one of the better props in the NRL. Prob because he finally got a consistent starting gig.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Pieman wrote:Ben Pomeroy.
    Yeah, prior really came good this year.
    Was one of the better props in the NRL. Prob because he finally got a consistent starting gig.

That will do me. Pomeroy is THE butter finger original.
    He was a turnstyle. Yeah sweet come on through, i wont touch ya he was known to whisper such sweet things into opposition ears.
    When asked will he improve on his try scoring tally this year, he would famously say - what are tries ?
    The original nrl phantom, i would have cut down more than him in my prime.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Don't stir the pot Revsie, this lot can't handle it mate!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:05 pm

Mearcats wrote:This is my argument about quality tho. Gerard Beale is not a quality player. He may be if he was playing in bush footy but he's not, he's playing NRL. Not saying he's super shit and doesn't deserve to be in the NRL, just that he ain't quality.

I'm not sure if you have some personal hatred towards Beale (maybe it is because he kneed Lockyer in the face in his last game at Suncorp) but I disagree somewhat. I agree on the fact that his form has dropped off considerably since leaving the Broncos and that right now he is not a "quality player" as you put it, however in his time at the Broncos he was a quality player IMO. He played 63 games for the Broncos while scoring 20 tries - not bad. He has also played 8 games for NZ and scored 3 tries - once again not bad. While he played for the Broncos he covered a variety of positions including center, fullback and on the wing and did a great job for us in all those positions. Maybe you meant on his current form that he is average at best however he has previously been a quality NRL player.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:10 pm

Pieman wrote:

the bloke played nearly 170 first grade games.
    I mean, fuck, if he was hopeless he wouldnt have played even remotely that many.
    He prob just did what the coach wanted him to do, tackle and dont drop the ball. And his price tag wouldnt have been huge.
    There are obviously good nrl players and average ones, not everybody is a superstar. But the very fact that he was in the nrl and played so many games leads me to believe that he was a very very good rugby league player.

Pomeroy not drop the ball? Laugh 3 Laugh 3

I know what you're saying and you're right. I'm just thinking of all the times Matty Johns took the piss out of him this year, calling him The Original Pharaoh of Fumbles and Ben Bombaroy.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:54 pm

TopDog wrote:

I'm not sure if you have some personal hatred towards Beale (maybe it is because he kneed Lockyer in the face in his last game at Suncorp) but I disagree somewhat. I agree on the fact that his form has dropped off considerably since leaving the Broncos and that right now he is not a "quality player" as you put it, however in his time at the Broncos he was a quality player IMO. He played 63 games for the Broncos while scoring 20 tries - not bad. He has also played 8 games for NZ and scored 3 tries - once again not bad. While he played for the Broncos he covered a variety of positions including center, fullback and on the wing and did a great job for us in all those positions. Maybe you meant on his current form that he is average at best however he has previously been a quality NRL player.

So 20 tries outside of Lockyer, Tuqiri etc means he's better than Curtis Rona or Darius at falling over the line right? He had to do a hell of a lot of work to score those 20 I'll bet.

Even a broke clock is right twice a day mate.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:56 pm

Mearcats wrote:

So 20 tries outside of Lockyer, Tuqiri etc means he's better than Curtis Rona or Darius at falling over the line right? He had to do a hell of a lot of work to score those 20 I'll bet.

Even a broke clock is right twice a day mate.
    Did Beale slap ya missus with his salami?

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:42 am