NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46

Post by Chewie Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:19 am

pm888 wrote:SJ been on a real consistent run, not getting a mention because everyone has him but hes outperforming other available halves by some margin.

not sure what happened with cartwright last week. didnt make too many offloads. im of the opinion it may be more of the same as the panthers are 8th vs the warriors 9th this weekend. who would you guys start with in cartwright vs cleary

Cartwright was making to many mistakes the previous week with not keeping the play simple... I think the coach had a talk to him about it. Hence, the last game against the Broncos he kept it more straight forward not forcing the play.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 46

Post by Honeysett Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Maccas better Razz

You know what he's cheaper and around the same. I'll do it.

Rank, another Bronco in my 17
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Very rarely post my team, but here are my Trousers for the run home:

Smith, Friend
    Graham, Fifita, Gallen, Trbojevic
    Merrin, Mannering, Surgess, Taylor, Talakai, Fualalo
    Johnson, Bhunt, Cleary, Hughes
    Maubbs, Guth, Copley, Manu
    Ted, Aitken, Barba, Latrell, Semi

Ranked 230; 3 trades and 60k left.
    Outside the 8 in a few of my Leagues even though I'm the highest Overall in some of them lol!

Will hold trades for injury with reasonable depth, allthough will be watching what happens with ET and TTurbo this weekend. If there was a genuine POD I would look at using a trade but can't really think of any. Maybe Macca depending on this next game but could prove very sideways.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:27 pm

SI wrote:
    Outside the 8 in a few of my Leagues even though I'm the highest Overall in some of them lol!

That's going to happen in competitive leagues where bye planning can boost your overall score but harm your league chances.

And you can also be cursed by losing a high scoring match each week.
    Trade Rage Tragic
    Trade Rage Tragic

Post by Trade Rage Tragic Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    NRLStats give a possession flow which you could use to sort of reverse engineer something if you know what times someone was on the field.

But for a more detailed  breakdown like you are after - they almost certainly have it, but only provide it to the paying users (ie NRL clubs) and its likely not something they are happy to give away for free.

Thanks I will check that out. A raw stats dump of each game would be ideal and even paid access would be okay but as you mentioned NRL clubs are the target market for that data so I can't imagine the price point being feasible for individual access.

Maybe the NRL could be convinced to release a dataset to a data science competition like kaggle to 'promote the game' Very Happy
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:34 pm

SI wrote:
    Glad you saved all that cash pre rd1?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:56 pm

SI wrote:Very rarely post my team, but here are my Trousers for the run home:

Smith, Friend

Will hold trades for injury with reasonable depth, allthough will be watching what happens with ET and TTurbo this weekend.  If there was a genuine POD I would look at using a trade but can't really think of any.  Maybe Macca depending on this next game but could prove very sideways.

Mate that is a really solid team! Impressive.
    Great back-up options there.
    Is Copley available CTR/WFB or just CTR? no reason you can't swap Guth out if he reverts to the wing when semi is back or something silly happens.

Also, ET over JTurbo in your starting 17 Really?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Krump wrote:
    SI wrote:
    Glad you saved all that cash pre rd1?

Definitely mate  Very Happy .  Going in to Round 1 with that 500k banked definitely allowed me to make some decisions in Rounds 3 and 4 that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.  If I didn't have it some trades would have either been impossible, or cost me 2 trades instead of 1.  So it kind of gave me a second chance at picking some of my pre-Round 1 squad.

This is actually the highest I have been at this end of the season after 9 years of playing as well so will certainly be a strategy I consider next year.

It has allowed me to bye plan heavily AND still have 3 trades up my sleeve for the run in.  The bye planning itself took me from 2000ish to 200ish over 7 rounds and I have still managed to have a strong team.  That is something I have not been able to balance before.  As in, I normally bye plan strongly and make up a shit tonne of ranks, but then end up with a mediocre team and lose quite a few of those spots by Round 26.

That shouldn't happen this year. I am 90% sure I will go into next year with another massive bank.

I know you took a particular interest in how it would work; I guess would need it to be repeatable though to really say it was a factor.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:20 pm

filthridden wrote:

Smith, Friend

Will hold trades for injury with reasonable depth, allthough will be watching what happens with ET and TTurbo this weekend.  If there was a genuine POD I would look at using a trade but can't really think of any.  Maybe Macca depending on this next game but could prove very sideways.

Mate that is a really solid team! Impressive.
    Great back-up options there.
    Is Copley available CTR/WFB or just CTR? no reason you can't swap Guth out if he reverts to the wing when semi is back or something silly happens.

Also, ET over JTurbo in your starting 17 Really?

Cheers Filth, yeah, Copley is DPP. A LOT of shuffling over bye rounds between Maubbs/Talakai/Copley/Aitken etc gave me an average of 15 players over those 6 bye rounds. Barba even ended up in my halves at one stage.

ET and Jurbo had a very similar 3 and 5 round average before last week. Jurbo staying at 60 minutes has slightly less potential to ET I feel. Jurbo got himself 7 or 8 points with that last minute run last week as well. If ET stayed at Lock for the whole game he'd be a definite for me, but the whole hooker saga is not helping make the decision.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:24 pm

I like that SI and can see some merit on it for a couple reasons.
    1x you can gamble on a cow rather than a mid ranger which can help generate that early cash.
    Also give you options on an injury or where you misjudge a player and he needs replacing.

As you mention, saves you having to trade 2 out to fix the one player due to missing some cash.

I will have to look back over my start but when both Lichaa/segy went down first round I believe I generated and ran with quite a large cash reserve as I picked and chose who to bring in

Edited: had 150k spare at start then there was close to 400k in kitty leftover for round 2

Anyways Nice work SI, good looking team
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:51 pm

SI wrote:

Cheers Filth, yeah, Copley is DPP.  A LOT of shuffling over bye rounds between Maubbs/Talakai/Copley/Aitken etc gave me an average of 15 players over those 6 bye rounds.  Barba even ended up in my halves at one stage.

ET and Jurbo had a very similar 3 and 5 round average before last week.  Jurbo staying at 60 minutes has slightly less potential to ET I feel.  Jurbo got himself 7 or 8 points with that last minute run last week as well.  If ET stayed at Lock for the whole game he'd be a definite for me, but the whole hooker saga is not helping make the decision.

Too much up in the air with ET at the moment and with the Tigers in general.

It's interesting - if you had an injury anywhere in the Manly forward pack (during a game), you'd have JTurbs playing more minutes however if you had an injury in the Tigers pack would ET play anymore minutes? If a hooker got injured, he'd be thrown in there.

I don't think either of them are likely to be rested between now and the end of the season but that would help you make a decision.

Still can't believe the depth you've got. Great stuff.

Ash Taylor is my 18th man and I'm considering downgrading him so I can upgrade ET to Fifita but probably won't do it. Two trades for one improvement in my 17 is just not worth it at this stage for me.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Team is looking like this

Smith/JFriend
    AFifita/JGraham/Surgess. JTrbo
    Cartwright,Mannering,Whitehead,Merrin,Harris, BHenry
    Johnson,Cleary, Feeny, Hughes
    Leilua,JBird, Gutherson Copley
    Munster,CWalker,Aitken, Barba Mitchell
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Smith, Friend

Well played SI. You will be getting nosebleeds if you go any higher. Very interesting strategy to start with, food for thought for next year(especially how you said you used it), dont think i will bank as much but will consider a bit of a kitty now as i usually spend every cent
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Boozecluez wrote:I like that SI and can see some merit on it for a couple reasons.
    1x you can gamble on a cow rather than a mid ranger which can help generate that early cash.
    Also give you options on an injury or where you misjudge a player and he needs replacing.

As you mention, saves you having to trade 2 out to fix the one player due to missing some cash.

I will have to look back over my start but when both Lichaa/segy went down first round I believe I generated and ran with quite a large cash reserve as I picked and chose who to bring in

Edited: had 150k spare at start then there was close to 400k in kitty leftover for round 2

Anyways Nice work SI, good looking team

I made sure I stuck with the Cows that everyone else had to limit the damage if it completely backfired. However, I did go in with a Centre line that could have completely flopped. So Round 1 was:

Peats, Lichaa
    Woods, Evans, Gavet, Grant
    Burgess, Whitehead, Taia, Saifiti, Henry, Aloiai
    Cherry-Evans, Hastings, Taylor, Nikorima
    Aubusson, Green, Gutherson, Hunt
    Tedesco, Barba, Feeney, Mitchell, Eden

465k in the bank. It was 520k just before lockout but I remember it felt just too damn week and upgraded someone somewhere with a minute to go!

My only serious regret with that team was going Woods over Bromwich. Woods made a hell of a lot of sense at the time and we could have never forseen that he would be such a shitto this year. Aside from the lost points there, when those injuries hit he became my only genuine Captain's choice for a few rounds.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Well played SI. You will be getting nosebleeds if you go any higher. Very interesting strategy to start with, food for thought for next year(especially how you said you used it), dont think i will bank as much but will consider a bit of a kitty now as i usually spend every cent

It's all relative if you usually use every cent as I normally stash 100k or so. For me though, if I do it again next year, I will more than likely look for the 500k again.
    sets
    sets

Post by sets Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:33 pm

SI wrote:
    Peats, Lichaa

So many similar choices to me, and so many let downs. same let downs below

Feeney starting as fullback basement price, It was too easy - F U FEENY EFFF U
    Evens started horribly, picked up his game when i sold him
    Grant just as bad - same story
    Woods made PERFECT sense, captain, and other forwards had left the team. But what a shitto
    DCE getting injured early again
    Henry fuckt again
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:15 pm

sets wrote:
    SI wrote:
    Peats, Lichaa

So many similar choices to me, and so many let downs. same let downs below

Feeney starting as fullback basement price, It was too easy - F U FEENY EFFF U
    Evens started horribly, picked up his game when i sold him
    Grant just as bad - same story
    Woods made PERFECT sense, captain, and other forwards had left the team. But what a shitto
    DCE getting injured early again
    Henry fuckt again

I think very common mistakes but which lessens the damage. Grant wasn't that popular but the rest of them let the majority of us hard core players down.

Taia was great but inconsistent. Whitehead I never felt comfortable with as things were changing at the Raiders nearly every week. I cashed him out just before his 1st bye to Talakai, which freed up 300k and gave me a bonus 31 points in a bye round.
    Dananz
    Dananz

Post by Dananz Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Feel bitter sweet trading out Whitehead for Leilua this week. He's certainly done the job, but he's drawn the short straw. Leaves me a bench of McCullough, Gallen, Bromwich and Buhrer this week (Cartwright 18th man) and Leilua +Aitken in the centres (Hurrel + Gutherson NPRs). 3 trades left. Sound like the right call?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Dananz wrote:Feel bitter sweet trading out Whitehead for Leilua this week. He's certainly done the job, but he's drawn the short straw. Leaves me a bench of McCullough, Gallen, Bromwich and Buhrer this week (Cartwright 18th man) and Leilua +Aitken in the centres (Hurrel + Gutherson NPRs). 3 trades left. Sound like the right call?

Yo have a bit of depth, do you need to use the trade?
    Dananz
    Dananz

Post by Dananz Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Yo have a bit of depth, do you need to use the trade?
    Good question. I feel like it's strengthening the starting team in the Ctrs, but maybe I could give Guth another week, or start Hurrell...

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:36 am