NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Round 12 Write Up

    Share
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2410
    Reputation : 391
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Krump on Sat May 28, 2016 12:23 pm

    Bren wrote:
    Just like all the bitching and moaning Tigers fans have been doing since not making the finals since 2011? Got it.
    Got any quotes? Any bitching I remember was directed at our club rather then blaming anyone and everything else for our poor performances.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 12:25 pm

    Krump wrote:
    Got any quotes? Any bitching I remember was directed at our club rather then blaming anyone and everything else for our poor performances.

    Is Sportal still up and running? If so I can easily find quotes of Tigers supporters moaning about their club and its players for years on end.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5041
    Reputation : 1514
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Honeysett on Sat May 28, 2016 12:29 pm

    Krump wrote:
    Where have I suggested that? The fact is with the way the cap is structured and the tpas at their disposal they shouldn't need to. The whole Andrew Gee thing did have a certain stench about though it wouldn't you say?

    + add in Bennett was found to be taking payments under the table, I believe I recall from the thoroughbreds. That always seems really dodgy to me, he could be handing them off to other players. Why would a coach need to take under the table payments?
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2410
    Reputation : 391
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Krump on Sat May 28, 2016 12:32 pm

    Bren wrote:

    Is Sportal still up and running? If so I can easily find quotes of Tigers supporters moaning about their club and its players for years on end.
    Thanks for confirming exactly what I said. Blaming our club for our poor performances.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 12:32 pm

    Honeysett wrote:

    + add in Bennett was found to be taking payments under the table, I believe I recall from the thoroughbreds. That always seems really dodgy to me, he could be handing them off to other players. Why would a coach need to take under the table payments?

    And yet the Broncos as a club are yet to be fined or docked competition points. Innocent until proven guilty right?
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5041
    Reputation : 1514
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Honeysett on Sat May 28, 2016 12:33 pm

    I was just digging up some info on this as well.

    Link here

    Talbot was facing 35 charges relating to corruption, he was set to face court August 2010 but a plane went missing with him on it and was later found crashed, there were no survivors. Fuck me that's some conspiracy theory shit right there.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 12:34 pm

    Krump wrote:
    Thanks for confirming exactly what I said. Blaming our club for our poor performances.

    I clearly recall Wests supports on Sportal bagging their players such as Blair for their poor performances. Hmm?
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5041
    Reputation : 1514
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Honeysett on Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 pm

    Bren wrote:

    And yet the Broncos as a club are yet to be fined or docked competition points. Innocent until proven guilty right?

    I'll agree there's been no concrete evidence against you but there's so many suss thing that go on at your club that I think everyone is just wanting for something to come out eventually.

    How your team in the late 90s was under the cap I don't know, you had a whole rep squad.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 12:38 pm

    Honeysett wrote:

    I'll agree there's been no concrete evidence against you but there's so many suss thing that go on at your club that I think everyone is just wanting for something to come out eventually.

    How your team in the late 90s was under the cap I don't know, you had a whole rep squad.

    Exactly my point. Just because certain individuals want the Broncos to be cheating the salary cap and fined/docked points doesn't mean they are. I want Katy Perry to be my wife, doesn't mean she is or will ever be.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5041
    Reputation : 1514
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Honeysett on Sat May 28, 2016 12:41 pm

    Bren wrote:

    Exactly my point. Just because certain individuals want the Broncos to be cheating the salary cap and fined/docked points doesn't mean they are. I want Katy Perry to be my wife, doesn't mean she is or will ever be.

    Just when the Broncos were being investigated for payments the guy in line for questioning quits and can't be reached, that seems normal to you?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 12:42 pm

    Honeysett wrote:

    Just when the Broncos were being investigated for payments the guy in line for questioning quits and can't be reached, that seems normal to you?

    It does remind me of an ex boss of mine...
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2410
    Reputation : 391
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Krump on Sat May 28, 2016 12:48 pm

    Bren wrote:

    I clearly recall Wests supports on Sportal bagging their players such as Blair for their poor performances. Hmm?
    Are you saying the players aren't part of the club?
    avatar
    Krump

    Posts : 2410
    Reputation : 391
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Krump on Sat May 28, 2016 12:49 pm

    Honeysett wrote:I was just digging up some info on this as well.

    Link here

    Talbot was facing 35 charges relating to corruption, he was set to face court August 2010 but a plane went missing with him on it and was later found crashed, there were no survivors. Fuck me that's some conspiracy theory shit right there.
    That you Lebbo?

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 12:56 pm

    Krump wrote:
    Are you saying the players aren't part of the club?

    What sort of shit are you trying to spin? My ENTIRE point from last night and this morning is how much EXPERIENCE the Broncos were missing. I proved that it was a legitimate reasoning for our poor performance last night. Simple.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3357
    Reputation : 935
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by No Worries on Sat May 28, 2016 1:02 pm

    Bennett is dodgy as fuck. Didn't he use his daughter as a TPA ?
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5041
    Reputation : 1514
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Honeysett on Sat May 28, 2016 1:15 pm

    Bren wrote:

    What sort of shit are you trying to spin? My ENTIRE point from last night and this morning is how much EXPERIENCE the Broncos were missing. I proved that it was a legitimate reasoning for our poor performance last night. Simple.

    I think, correctly, the guys are giving you shit because you didn't say that before the game. You said you'd still belt them so using it as an excuse now comes across as you being a bad loser. For the record I still thought the Broncos would be too much for the Tigers as well.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 1:25 pm

    Honeysett wrote:

    I think, correctly, the guys are giving you shit because you didn't say that before the game. You said you'd still belt them so using it as an excuse now comes across as you being a bad loser. For the record I still thought the Broncos would be too much for the Tigers as well.

    But it's a fact, whether I said it before the game or not is irrelevant. The Broncos were missing almost three times the NRL experience then the Tigers were last night. In fact the Tigers had more NRL experience on the field last night vs the Broncos. 153 games more worth of NRL experience to be exact. The Broncos had 1,249 games worth of NRL experience where as the Tigers had 1,402 games worth of NRL experience in their squad last night.

    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5041
    Reputation : 1514
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Honeysett on Sat May 28, 2016 2:01 pm

    Bren wrote:

    But it's a fact, whether I said it before the game or not is irrelevant. The Broncos were missing almost three times the NRL experience then the Tigers were last night. In fact the Tigers had more NRL experience on the field last night vs the Broncos. 153 games more worth of NRL experience to be exact. The Broncos had 1,249 games worth of NRL experience where as the Tigers had 1,402 games worth of NRL experience in their squad last night.


    When did this become the be all and end all, all of a sudden? Your 6 & 7 are representative quality against two guys that could very well be dropped at any time.

    Grant 154
    Lawrence 183
    Taylor 109
    Ballin 219
    Halatau 236
    That's 901 in 5 players.

    Total games would only make a difference if it was even allocated over the whole team. Which it isn't.

    You had a better team on paper even with 6 rep players out and you lost, at home to a bottom team. Take your medicine mate. Can't win them all.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by Guest on Sat May 28, 2016 2:10 pm

    Honeysett wrote:

    When did this become the be all and end all, all of a sudden? Your 6 & 7 are representative quality against two guys that could very well be dropped at any time.

    Grant 154
    Lawrence 183
    Taylor 109
    Ballin 219
    Halatau 236
    That's 901 in 5 players.



    Total games would only make a difference if it was even allocated over the whole team. Which it isn't.

    You had a better team on paper even with 6 rep players out and you lost, at home to a bottom team. Take your medicine mate. Can't win them all.

    Reed - 121
    Hunt - 152
    McCullough - 184
    Blair - 225
    Glenn - 179
    That's 861 in 5 players, not far off what you mentioned with the Tigers players. Like you said the total games is not allocated over the whole team for the Broncos either. They Broncos had 5 players in their squad with 5 NRL games of experience or less. Either way I have proven and am happy to admit the Broncos were beaten by the side with more NRL experience. Well done to the Tigers.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3357
    Reputation : 935
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Round 12 Write Up

    Post by No Worries on Sat May 28, 2016 2:15 pm




      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 am