NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 1

Ice

State of Origin Game 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 1

Post by Ice Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:32 pm

Qld simply have better 6,7,9 controlling the outcome. I thought NSW was up to the task in every other area, but there is a lot to be said about long term experience and that got Qld home.

Cordner shouldn't have been there, but he was NSW best. Good for him, he stepped up. I thougt his tey was a forward pass live but from the high up camera it was flat as a tack and legitimate.

Can't complain about anything else really except maybe the 8 metre rule afforded Qld early in the game, but it was a none factor.

Bunker got the Morris call right.

No other controversies to discuss really. Well done Qld.

Walker out Peachey in
    Bird out Cartright in
    Morris keeps his spot

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Did anyone else find that game incredibly dull?

Yep. Two teams playing Robofootball. NSW threatened to play a bit of footy for a few minutes when Fifita came on, but then remembered where they were.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:35 pm

Ice wrote:Qld simply have better 6,7,9 controlling the outcome. I thought NSW was up to the task in every other area, but there is a lot to be said about long term experience and that got Qld home.

Cordner shouldn't have been there, but he was NSW best. Good for him, he stepped up. I thougt his tey was a forward pass live but from the high up camera it was flat as a tack and legitimate.

Can't complain about anything else really except maybe the 8 metre rule afforded Qld early in the game, but it was a none factor.

No other controversies to discuss really.  Well done Qld.

Walker out Peachey in
    Bird out Cartright in
    Morris keeps his spot

I hate the shit cunt but I actually thought Bird held your defense together really well.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:35 pm

The Gallen "high shot" that eventually led to the QLD 2 was embarrassing. As was the speed of the rucks and the 10metres was so horribly policed.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:35 pm

Remember those guys who said Boyd isn't a representative fullback.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Honeysett wrote:The Gallen "high shot" that eventually led to the QLD 2 was embarrassing. As was the speed of the rucks and the 10metres was so horribly policed.

Yeah, Gallen penalty was fucked.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:37 pm

SI wrote:

I hate the shit cunt but I actually thought Bird held your defense together really well.

Nah, you can't single any guy out, they all defended well enough to get a win, just couldn't capitalise and really, not a lot of attacking flair thrown at either defensive unit.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Dip wrote:Remember those guys who said Boyd isn't a representative fullback.

I thought he deserved MOTM
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:40 pm

Ice wrote:
    SI wrote:

Nah, you can't single any guy out, they all defended well enough to get a win, just couldn't capitalise and really, not a lot of attacking flair thrown at either defensive unit.

I'm a massive Cartwright fan, but as a Queenslander I would rather you picked Carty in Origin then Bird so go for it.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Dip wrote:Remember those guys who said Boyd isn't a representative fullback.

Played brilliantly. I thought he was best on ground. I was one of those guys that said he's a nothing.

Laurie going at the press conference and who can blame him, the ruck was so slow and wasn't stopped. They blow the penalties early which is when QLD are always on top and then put the whistle away. Blow the fucking thing and speed the game up, it doesn't ruin the gamw what ruins the game is the slow fucking speed of the game.

Props to QLD they came in with a game plan to slow the game down to a grind and won it.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:42 pm

Ice wrote:Qld simply have better 6,7,9 controlling the outcome. I thought NSW was up to the task in every other area, but there is a lot to be said about long term experience and that got Qld home.

No other controversies to discuss really.  Well done Qld.

Walker out Peachey in
    Bird out Cartright in
    Morris keeps his spot

Fair assessment Ice, always respect your opinion even in the dark days of Sportal trolling.
    I think the part about your halves is fair but its important to note that I don't think they were bad (I only watched the second half mind you, had work for the first), its just hard to compete with that experience and combination QLD have there. I thought the bunker call was wrong, but I also thought the bunker call on Austin was wrong on the weekend gone, so they were consistent. I guess for both occasions I thought that it more than likely wasn't a try and the correct call was made, but that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the on call decision. I guess its an interpretation difference on what is 'sufficient evidence'. I say this as a QLDER mind you.

As for the proposed changes
    I don't mind Peachey in, either him or Austin or JRey. Peachey is in the better form but Austin and JRey hate losing and aren't afraid to take control and try and win it themselves (whether they do is another thing all together). That's the attitude you want in origin.
    I didn't think Bird was terrible, maybe he wasn't great in the first half. Not sold on changing him to Cartwright. I still maintain that Gallen looks good on paper but more often than not ends up either hogging it or in the road and stifles your attack far too often. If I was making a change it would be cutting him (though it will never happen).
    Agree with Morris keeping his shot, he's a good player and deserves a second crack, Fergo however....
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Played brilliantly. I thought he was best on ground. I was one of those guys that said he's a nothing.

Laurie going at the press conference and who can blame him, the ruck was so slow and wasn't stopped. They blow the penalties early which is when QLD are always on top and then put the whistle away. Blow the fucking thing and speed the game up, it doesn't ruin the gamw what ruins the game is the slow fucking speed of the game.

Props to QLD they came in with a game plan to slow the game down to a grind and won it.
    I was very impressed with what I saw of Boyd. Was absolutely everywhere whilst I was watching. He's another guy I don't like but its hard to rubbish him as a player if he puts in those performances.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:46 pm

Dear @Welshy,

Coffee
    Flip Off
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:49 pm

Kevvie Walters saying QLD got the calls and you need that. That's refreshing to hear.

Drop Walker add Frizz and being him on the same time as Fifita
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:59 pm

According to NRL.com player ratings, only 2 players were given a 8.5. One of those was Adam Reynolds. Hmmmmm.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Dip wrote:According to NRL.com player ratings, only 2 players were given a 8.5. One of those was Adam Reynolds. Hmmmmm.

I thought his kicking game was quite strong. I have no issue with that score.

Woods and Thaiday the noticable worst for both sides.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:05 pm

What were the thoughts on the Morris no try? Goes up as a try, looked like a try live, touch judge right there calls it a try (let's be honest that's not a good indicator) was there conclusive evidence that the ball doesn't touch a blade of grass? Didn't look that way at the ground.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:08 pm

Can see how close it would have looked at the ground but when you see it on replay/highlights it's pretty clear it didn't make it to the line.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:34 pm

We got the rub of the green tonight with a few calls, but NSW had more then enough chances to win the game and werent good enough, an extra set or two probably wouldnt have changed that.

Its funny that we are one Hodkinson dummy away from being 11 in a row.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:46 pm

Also I thought you had to take the kick before the shot clock expired? When did the rule change?

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:25 am