NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Round 11 Write Up

    Share

    leaguegod

    Posts : 940
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Round 11 Write Up

    Post by leaguegod on Mon May 23, 2016 1:28 pm

    @Dip wrote:

    It's a shame he wont be picked because he's the one guy who has really stood up and you get the feeling he'd go even better in Origin. I can't wait to see him and Klemmer going at it at origin for 5-7 years. Personally I think our prop situation is a bit thin. Scott and McGuire are both in good form, but Myles certainly isn't. You'd think Papalii, Thaiday and Parker will play a bit of that prop role, but they're not specialist props by any means.

    He won't be, and I might be laughed at a bit, but I'd actually have no problems at all with selecting Ben Hannant off the bench to play exactly the same role as he does with the Cowboys. I think he's been great this year and even though Myles will be there and always plays his best games in Origin, he will add zero from the bench, and I don't think he deserves a starting spot over McGuire. I feel he will start though, with McGuire coming off the bench and playing well like he did in the test.

    agree with all that



    what do you think of Gavin cooper possibly over guerra ? Cooper on JT's hip on the left with inglis outside that would be terrifying (more so then it already is lol)

    Dip

    Posts : 1337
    Reputation : 218
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Round 11 Write Up

    Post by Dip on Mon May 23, 2016 1:34 pm

    @leaguegod wrote:

    agree with all that



    what do you think of Gavin cooper possibly over guerra ? Cooper on JT's hip on the left with inglis outside that would be terrifying (more so then it already is lol)

    I won't be outraged if it happens, and I won't be outraged if it doesn't. Cooper would go great for sure, but Guerra always plays better at Origin than club football imo. He seems to have that body and style where he wriggles a few metres while they are trying to tackle him, and sometimes those metres are great in origin. What I can't buy is the "Ethan Lowe is an outside chance" talk. He's an okay club player who is made to look better than he really is by the likes of Morgan, JT, Scott and Tamou, but for origin? No.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 940
    Reputation : 93
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Round 11 Write Up

    Post by leaguegod on Mon May 23, 2016 1:37 pm

    agree re Lowe, can see a Sydney club paying him big $ and regretting it not long into his first year

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1202
    Reputation : 292
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 11 Write Up

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon May 23, 2016 2:06 pm

    @Dip wrote:

    It's a shame he wont be picked because he's the one guy who has really stood up and you get the feeling he'd go even better in Origin. I can't wait to see him and Klemmer going at it at origin for 5-7 years. Personally I think our prop situation is a bit thin. Scott and McGuire are both in good form, but Myles certainly isn't. You'd think Papalii, Thaiday and Parker will play a bit of that prop role, but they're not specialist props by any means.

    He won't be, and I might be laughed at a bit, but I'd actually have no problems at all with selecting Ben Hannant off the bench to play exactly the same role as he does with the Cowboys. I think he's been great this year and even though Myles will be there and always plays his best games in Origin, he will add zero from the bench, and I don't think he deserves a starting spot over McGuire. I feel he will start though, with McGuire coming off the bench and playing well like he did in the test.

    His team is playing like shit but I actually think Mylesy has been going ok the last few weeks.

    Plus he is totally suited to SOO where the whistle is put away and it becomes more about bashing the opposition.

    Agree about Hannant (I was a bit dirty when the Broncos lost him), unfortunately we just don't have the spots available.

    Dip

    Posts : 1337
    Reputation : 218
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Round 11 Write Up

    Post by Dip on Mon May 23, 2016 2:21 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    His team is playing like shit but I actually think Mylesy has been going ok the last few weeks.

    Plus he is totally suited to SOO where the whistle is put away and it becomes more about bashing the opposition.

    Agree about Hannant (I was a bit dirty when the Broncos lost him), unfortunately we just don't have the spots available.

    True that. And given how much the concussion rule can affect games these days, it's best to have that head on your team than on the opposition.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2514
    Reputation : 245
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 11 Write Up

    Post by Pieman on Mon May 23, 2016 2:37 pm

    @Dip wrote:

    It's a shame he wont be picked because he's the one guy who has really stood up and you get the feeling he'd go even better in Origin. I can't wait to see him and Klemmer going at it at origin for 5-7 years. Personally I think our prop situation is a bit thin. Scott and McGuire are both in good form, but Myles certainly isn't. You'd think Papalii, Thaiday and Parker will play a bit of that prop role, but they're not specialist props by any means.

    He won't be, and I might be laughed at a bit, but I'd actually have no problems at all with selecting Ben Hannant off the bench to play exactly the same role as he does with the Cowboys. I think he's been great this year and even though Myles will be there and always plays his best games in Origin, he will add zero from the bench, and I don't think he deserves a starting spot over McGuire. I feel he will start though, with McGuire coming off the bench and playing well like he did in the test.

    Dont worry mate, when QLD lose the first game they "loyalty policy" will go right out the window and Guerra/Myles will get dropped

      Current date/time is Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:13 pm