NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

How many points will parra lose

Poll

How many points will nrl deduct from parra ?

[ 0 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_left0%How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_left25%How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_left25%How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_left13%How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_left13%How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_right [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_left24%How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Bar_right [24%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Poll closed
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Empty Re: How many points will parra lose

Post by dasherhalo Sat May 07, 2016 5:35 pm

LOL. Ice, I'd thought you'd lost your inner calm there for a while! I was going to chip in, but Dip has been the elder statesman of diplomacy, and I have nothing better to add.

Sorry about the cap thing... Sad
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

How many points will parra lose  - Page 8 Empty Re: How many points will parra lose

Post by Honeysett Sat May 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Dip wrote:

Well there's no use looking back (particularly where the competition was bastardised by cheating teams since out last premiership, and as I've mentioned above probably robbed us of another 3 premierships  Wink ). Personally, I think that injuries pending, this is our year, partially because of how we're playing, and partially because I don't think there are many premiership quality teams this year. You'd think next year is another good chance. After that who knows because we don't really know what our or other teams will look like then.

I also look at success in 2 ways. There is the ultimate success - a premiership, and also the week to week success. In terms of the second measure, we've still done pretty good. In 9 seasons we've made a GF, another 2 prelim finals, and the finals on 4 other ocassions I think. We've only missed the finals twice I think, and both of those times we were still a chance of making the finals leading into the last couple of rounds and have won close to half our matches for the season. A decade would be unacceptable if we weren't making finals regularly, but since our lows haven't really been that low, it has been easy enough to accept.

Oh and for 90% of that time we've been able to hold on to origin success also.

That's a middle of the road club mentality. For the club that apparently props up the NRL it's not good enough.

Success or not is winning premierships and nothing more.

The Broncos since 2000 have won 2 premierships. Not a horrible record but when teams like Newcastle and the Tigers have one it begs the questions are the Broncos really that good anymore? Week to week, yes. Come finals time? Hmmm.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 07, 2016 6:41 pm

dasherhalo wrote:LOL. Ice, I'd thought you'd lost your inner calm there for a while! I was going to chip in, but Dip has been the elder statesman of diplomacy, and I have nothing better to add.

Sorry about the cap thing... Sad

Haha, all good, you know me, passionate Eels who likes to ruffle feathers every so often, but I'm not a knob and can admit when the shiftiness of my team and there predicament gets the better of me. Seriously though, it's so fucked up, it just shits me to tears. Anyway, all the crap will make the eventual success that much sweeter............for my great grandkids!!
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat May 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Honeysett wrote:

That's a middle of the road club mentality. For the club that apparently props up the NRL it's not good enough.

The Broncos since 2000 have won 2 premierships. Not a horrible record but when teams like Newcastle and the Tigers have one it begs the questions are the Broncos really that good anymore? Week to week, yes. Come finals time? Hmmm.

We like to pace ourselves. You can only imagine the outrage if we start winning one every couple of years!

If that happens, the conspiracy nuts will have Alfie on ice next to Stalin, ready for the next coming!

You don't think Bennett came back to have a couple of "also-rans" for his coaching obituary, do you? It's locked up mate. After striking a deal with the NRL to shore up NQ support with a block buster GF and maiden Cows title, they've inked a three year deal to have the modern NRL's very first "3-peat" as his swansong.

Oh yeah, jump on Milford for player of the tournament in the four nations. OK - got to go, I've said too much, and I need to leave the hotel and change phones. We'll talk later, if I can.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat May 07, 2016 7:28 pm

What's the "reputation" business in the profiles? Only just noticed it. I'm 1, so I can only assume I'm the number 1 ranked person around these parts.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat May 07, 2016 7:34 pm

I just liked your post. does that increase your reputation?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat May 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Shit. Sorry Ice - i've just dropped you down the order. Wink
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat May 07, 2016 7:49 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Shit. Sorry Ice - i've just dropped you down the order. Wink

Lol

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 8:18 pm

Ice wrote:

Yep, my track records pretty bad.  I'm loving Corey Norman and I'm guessing we are gonna lose him too. Was so happy when we got him but looks like it may be short lived.
    Funny that he finally decides to step up and perform in his contract year.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat May 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Disagree with that. Last year I drove home 2.5 hours from a home game happy instead of 50% of the time. Was cranky after the GF for maybe a day. If you live your life based solely on the result of your footy team you're a sad person.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 08, 2016 5:23 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Shit. Sorry Ice - i've just dropped you down the order. Wink

Thanks Dasher!!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun May 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Dip wrote:

Disagree with that. Last year I drove home 2.5 hours from a home game happy instead of 50% of the time.  Was cranky after the GF for maybe a day. If you live your life based solely on the result of your footy team you're a sad person.

That's got nothing to do with anything I've said.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon May 09, 2016 8:18 am

Honeysett wrote:

Sorry, which teams have more premierships then Brisbane since 2000 (your cutoff)? If success is "winning premierships and nothing more" then surely you agree that no team has been more successful then Brisbane?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 am

Honeysett wrote:

Ryno got in before me, but I'd just like to reiterate it.

Based on that criteria there are no successful clubs this century.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon May 09, 2016 10:14 am

Milchcow wrote:

Ryno got in before me, but I'd just like to reiterate it.

Based on that criteria there are no successful clubs this century.

Or the salary cap is having the desired effect.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon May 09, 2016 5:23 pm

Has anyone worked out why $700k from previous years (13/14/15) were added to 2016 salary cap? If your over by let's say 500k in 2014 and getting fined and losing points for it why is part of it getting pushed into 2016? Surely youre over for only things that are happening in that year and fined/point penalized accordingly.

I can cop all the penalties given except this weird way of pushing previous years deception into the current years cap
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Shanbon wrote:Has anyone worked out why $700k from previous years (13/14/15) were added to 2016 salary cap? If your over by let's say 500k in 2014 and getting fined and losing points for it why is part of it getting pushed into 2016? Surely youre over for only things that are happening in that year and fined/point penalized accordingly.

I can cop all the penalties given except this weird way of pushing previous years deception into the current years cap

I agree. Maybe part of the standard penalty is that the excess reduces the next year cap. I'm just guessing though.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 09, 2016 6:28 pm

Because if you murder someone 5 years ago, and the authorities only find out today, you still get charged for the murder from 5 years ago?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon May 09, 2016 7:06 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Sorry, which teams have more premierships then Brisbane since 2000 (your cutoff)? If success is "winning premierships and nothing more" then surely you agree that no team has been more successful then Brisbane?

Based on premierships, I'd have Manly equal for obvious reasons. Based on what they should be doing and how much they should be winning they're under achieving. They've had a massive advantage over a lot of the competition by playing every Friday night, they're a club that never has to pay overs to sign someone and they've got a wealth of junior talent that they have a great chance of retaining. Considering they haven't won a GF in a decade I'd class them as under achievers.

Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Maybe other factors have more of an influence that you give credit for, such as air travel.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm